PDA

View Full Version : Shingo

White Sox Josh
06-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Nice outing for Shingo. Glaus looked terrible on that swing. He also made Clark look like an idiot. He's starting to get his mojo back.

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Nice outing for Shingo. Glaus looked terrible on that swing. He also made Clark look like an idiot. He's starting to get his mojo back.

Vizcaino threw the ball well also. Hopefully these two have gotten things together. This could be a real boost to our bullpen. But, I still want Hermanson as closer.

SoxFan76
06-13-2005, 10:44 PM
I'd rather have closer by committee, but only keep Marte in for a batter or 2 in the 9th. He doesn't seem to have the mindset to close out a game. Pollite, Hermanson, Shingo, Vizcaino, Pollite, they all have closing experience if I'm not mistaken. But the guy I trust the most isn't even on the list. I trust Cotts right now more than anybody. He won't end the year with a sub-3 ERA, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

PS...I predict a low 3 ERA from Cotts, I don't mean he'll have a 2004 ERA.

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I trust Cotts right now more than anybody. He won't end the year with a sub-3 ERA, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

PS...I predict a low 3 ERA from Cotts, I don't mean he'll have a 2004 ERA.

That is why seeing Shingo and Vizcaino throwing so well is important. I don't think Cotts will keep going at this rate, he may start to drop off at anytime. I hope he proves me wrong, I'm just trying to be realistic. But, if Shingo and Vizcaino return to a quality form, this bullpen will be much scarier, even if Cotts falters.

BridgePortNative
06-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Vizcaino threw the ball well also. Hopefully these two have gotten things together. This could be a real boost to our bullpen. But, I still want Hermanson as closer.

It seems that every manager plays copy-cat after a daring risk of (gasp!) 5-man rotation. I forgot which team it was....67 Sox..? they had 5 good starters so they threw them all in, then others copied. LaRussa put Eck to shut down in the 9th, then everybody wanted a "closer" closers are so rare it seems like great ones come every 10 years or so. I see no closer, just guys who can "close" with that talent.

SFC. Payne

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 11:39 PM
It seems that every manager plays copy-cat after a daring risk of (gasp!) 5-man rotation. I forgot which team it was....67 Sox..? they had 5 good starters so they threw them all in, then others copied. LaRussa put Eck to shut down in the 9th, then everybody wanted a "closer" closers are so rare it seems like great ones come every 10 years or so. I see no closer, just guys who can "close" with that talent.

SFC. Payne

I get your point, but I think that even the pitchers would say that it takes a certain mentality to close. Politte has closed in the past but hasn't been very successful. I don't know if Vizcaino could handle the ninth. It seems to me that Hermanson and Shingo are our best options. Most of the guys in our bullpen have the talent to close, but I think just a few have the right mentality.

Banix12
06-13-2005, 11:45 PM
It's a good start back to regular use for both Vizcaino and Shingo, however they are still gonna be at the back of the pen for awhile longer

BridgePortNative
06-13-2005, 11:53 PM
I get your point, but I think that even the pitchers would say that it takes a certain mentality to close. Politte has closed in the past but hasn't been very successful. I don't know if Vizcaino could handle the ninth. It seems to me that Hermanson and Shingo are our best options. Most of the guys in our bullpen have the talent to close, but I think just a few have the right mentality.

That is very true, people say to close you need this "fire" you can see it in Hermie and also in Gagne. Vizzy was supposed to be the Brewers closer after Kolb left but you know the story. Shing, hopefully can locate his pitches because hitters aren't figuring him out its more about him walking people and not locating his frisbee.

slavko
06-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Shing, hopefully can locate his pitches because hitters aren't figuring him out its more about him walking people and not locating his frisbee.

Good analysis. The oracles are wrong, you are right. If his fastball is the only pitch he can locate, he can't pitch at this level.

mike squires
06-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Let's remember though this Arizona team hasn't seen Shingo (unless perhaps in ST) needs to pitch like this against the AL in order to be effective.

SSN721
06-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Let's remember though this Arizona team hasn't seen Shingo (unless perhaps in ST) needs to pitch like this against the AL in order to be effective.

I think once he gets his control back solidly it wont be a problem pitching to AL teams, except maybe Cleveland.

White Sox Josh
06-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Let's remember though this Arizona team hasn't seen Shingo (unless perhaps in ST) needs to pitch like this against the AL in order to be effective.yes but they have seen video of him. Plus Glaus has seen Shingo. ALso they train right near each other during spring training.