PDA

View Full Version : *Official*This team is human! We'll get them tomorrow!

gosox83
06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Luckily it is only one game.

Lets go El Duque!!!!

Cubbiesuck13
06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Great game for the bullpen...

skobabe8
06-13-2005, 09:43 PM
It only counts as 1 loss in the grand scheme of things. The sun will rise tomorrow.

gosox83
06-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Its baseball. Its 162 game season, and we all knew we wouldn't go the whole year without one of these. So here it is.....big deal.. We still have'nt been shut out thanks to the Big Hurt.

GO SOX!!!!!!

elrod
As long as the Frank situation is OK then I won't fret too much about this one. In a way I'm glad JC got rocked early on because we weren't doing anything against Estes. If we lost 2-1 to him I would have been much more angry than this.

wsoxfan
did they say what was wrong with Frank and if he'll miss some time?

Cubbiesuck13
Thank goodness Frank only has cramp. Looks like we will see him in the third game of the series.

Cubbiesuck13
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM

Leg cramp. He will sit at least tomorrow because The Oz keeps a player out of the game after he leaves with an injury.

RKMeibalane
06-13-2005, 09:47 PM

Leg cramps. He was probably dehydrated.

DickAllen72
06-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Give Contreras credit for toughing it out after a terrible start and lasting six innings to save the bullpen.

Good jobs by Vizcaino and Shingo.

Let's hope we can score some runs off of Vasquez tomorrow. Go El Duque!

mccoydp
06-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Smart move by Ozzie to leave Jose in the game until the 7th, so that the bullpen didn't get taxed trying to hold on to the mess he created.
Good relief work by Viz and Shingo.
Nice HR by Frank!

TaylorStSox
06-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm actually proud of Contreras for coming back. Alot of pitchers would have wanted to be pulled. He battled and saved our pen.

Viva Medias B's
I just got back after witnessing the first seven innings of the game. It was simply a case of one bad inning combined with a lack of offense. It was a rare blowout loss which is due to happen.

Bisco Stu
I wish we hadn't made the E-Lo for JC trade. KW bailed on E-Lo waaaaay too soon.

SOXSINCE'70
06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
There was bound to be a game like this sooner or later.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Hey,at least "the greatest baseball team on Earth":roflmao: :roflmao:
was getting their asses kicked as well.:D: :D:

TaylorStSox
06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I wish we hadn't made the E-Lo for JC trade. KW bailed on E-Lo waaaaay too soon.

lol :rolleyes:

Frater Perdurabo
06-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm not pissed about this loss. It's all on Contreras. Every pitcher - even the best ones - have meltdown games like this from time to time. Contreras has been great otherwise all year, so he was overdue for a bran fart. The best thing is that it's only a half-game loss to the Twins, since they didn't play.

Also great to see Frank with a homer and go 2-3. Too bad he pulled up lame, but as long as he only misses one game they should be fine. He did his part; the rest of the offense laid an egg. But no offense realistically can be expected to score 9 runs, so again this one's all on Contreras.

owensmouth
06-13-2005, 09:52 PM
We got whipped. Contreras wasn't great, but with the Sox only scoring one run, we were at a disadvantage. Estes just beat us, plain and simple.

hose
06-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Contreras sucked it up after one terrible inning and lasted 6.

Go get tomorrow.

MIgrenade

First, coming into this game JC had the best opp. BA in baseball, second, he has been very dependable.

My concern about this game is that it is another loss on ESPN. This is really bothering me because the playoffs are on ESPN. Weird things happen for the Sox on national telecasts. It's like playing in Oakland.

SOXSINCE'70
Let's hope we can score some runs off of Vasquez tomorrow.

Vasquez looked like a world beater against the Sox in 2004.:(:

Dub25
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Oh well, stuff happens. Then again having Estes stick it to the Sox doesn't sit well with me.

Jjav829
06-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Contreras sucks. Move him to the bullpen and bring up B-Mac.

Shingo is back. He should be our closer.

Crede needs to go.

....Just trying to cover all the panic posts ahead of time. :rolleyes:

Thanks samram....:tongue:

White Sox Josh
06-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Nice outing for Shingo. Glaus looked terrible on that swing. He also made Clark look like an idiot. He's starting to get his mojo back. Oh yeah and Contreras Sucks, Trade him now for Derrek Lee.

brewcrew/chisox
06-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Its baseball. Its 162 game season, and we all knew we wouldn't go the whole year without one of these. So here it is.....big deal.. We still have'nt been shut out thanks to the Big Hurt.

GO SOX!!!!!!

My feelings exactly

Huisj
06-13-2005, 10:00 PM
who was it on here that was just going after Contrares after the Anaheim game where he gave up 3 runs in 7 innings? He wanted his head because he wasn't a "winner" even though he was pitching really well. Just couldn't reason with him.

I was fully expecting him to come back and use tonight as an "I told you so" thread. Luckily, no sign of that yet.

Reminds me of 83
Stay positive....Win the series! This team has an amazing abilty to shake it off. Yesterdays win was Exhibit A.

DarkCloudDropo
Let me know when this reaches 300 posts.

:D:

DickAllen72
06-13-2005, 10:01 PM

That one should only be in semi-teal. :smile:

ChiSox7
06-13-2005, 10:02 PM
This was definately one of those "60" that you are going to lose. Really one of our only blowout losses of the year. SUprising that it comes against a mediocre, albeit over .500 (in a horrible division) ball club. It's gonna happen sometimes. Just gotta keep those heads up, have El Duque beat Vasquez, and avoid losing 3 outta 4.

It'd be nice if it was somebody other than Vasquez, but those are the breaks. Go get em tomorrow!.

MRKARNO
06-13-2005, 10:04 PM
It was Bad Contreras today, there really isn't more to say about this one except for how awful this lineup (except for Frank) looked against a lefty whom they should have crushed, as they have been doing to most lefties this year. All things considered before the game, they should not have lost it, but when Contreras is totally off, there's not much you can do.

I hope it helped Jose that Ozzie left him in there after the awful beginning. If there's anyone who needs a confidence boost every once in a while, it's him and it seems that Ozzie was willing to let him work through his problems after the game was decided in the second inning.

JB98
06-13-2005, 10:05 PM

You meant to put this in teal, right? Loaiza was terrible last year, and he blamed his woes on lack of run support after he got traded. He was great for us two years ago, but I'm glad he's gone.

JC has been good all year until tonight. At least he hung around long enough to save the bullpen. I'll be interested to see how he responds in his next outing. I'm willing to shake this off and forget about it. Hopefully, he is too. With him, I worry more about his mental approach to the game than his stuff.

ChicagoHoosier

Crede needs to go.

Perfect!!! Love the pre-empting the sky is falling. Totally agree.

On another note... One thing that bothered me tonight was all the fans booing him at the game. I think JC has had a great year and is doing a very solid job in our starting rotation. Just because he had a horrible, horrible inning doesn't mean you should start booing him.

If you want to boo, boo an overpriced player who is consistantly underperforming, not respecting the fans or the media, and not giving it 100% every night. Let's not boo a pitcher who has a rough outing who'd been pretty tough this year.

TaylorStSox
This is one of those games that really sets up a typical let down. Our park is made for a power hitting team like the D'Backs. We just came off a tough series against one of the best in the NL. The guys had a long flight yesterday. It didn't surprise me that we came out flat.

Tomorrow's going to be a tough one too. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this series. It doesn't worry me though. We're going to lose some.

chisox06
06-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Contreras is a hit or miss kinda pitcher, and today I guess he was hit. I give him props for battling it out and stayin in there long enough to save the bullpen. At least when we take 2 outa 3 I wont be dissaspointed that we didnt sweep but happy that we took the series. Lets just go out and get em tomorrow.

White Sox Josh
06-13-2005, 10:06 PM
The Sky is falling!
:chunks
:gascan
:selljerry
:chickenlittle
:fireozzie

White Sox Josh
06-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bisco Stu
:tealpolice:

JB98
06-13-2005, 10:08 PM
It was Bad Contreras today, there really isn't more to say about this one except for how awful this lineup (except for Frank) looked against a lefty whom they should have crushed, as they have been doing to most lefties this year. All things considered before the game, they should not have lost it, but when Contreras is totally off, there's not much you can do.

I hope it helped Jose that Ozzie left him in there after the awful beginning. If there's anyone who needs a confidence boost every once in a while, it's him and it seems that Ozzie was willing to let him work through his problems after the game was decided in the second inning.

I don't think Ozzie had a lot of choice but to leave him in, given that Marte is hurting and Politte and Viz pitched quite a bit yesterday. We had to get at least five out of him, and thankfully, we got six.

We're in fairly good shape for tomorrow, despite this rout. I'd say Cotts, Shingo, Politte and Hermy will all be available to pitch. Viz probably needs a day off now.

Nard
06-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I knew it was over in the first inning. The second I saw the look on JC's face as he continued to shake off Widge and take five years in between pitches.

Just get the ball and throw it.

SoxFan76
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
You're gonna win 60 and you're gonna lose 60. This was one of those 60 you're going to lose. I get pretty worked up after losses, however this one doesn't bother me one bit. Whatcha gonna do...let's go get em tomorrow.

Vince
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
*Shrug* It's one game. Can't win them all... Let's see how they bounce back tomorrow.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-13-2005, 10:13 PM
I know it has been said that Ozzie keeps a player out the game after a player leaves with an injury, but Frank's bat is way to valuable right now to sit him tomorrow.

Great game for Frank tonight - keep the bat sharp.

Sometimes the splitter doesn't split; I guess the second inning was one of those times. No big deal.

nedlug
06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I believe that this is only the third or fourth game of the year where we had no chance to win it. Pretty freakin' good after 63 games if you ask me...

JB98
06-13-2005, 10:15 PM
I knew it was over in the first inning. The second I saw the look on JC's face as he continued to shake off Widge and take five years in between pitches.

I noticed that too. JC has a tendency to out-dumb himself, as Hawk would say. Has he worked with Widge much this year? I remember Widge caught the game JC lost against Baltimore, but I can't recall any others. Maybe he's more comfortable with AJ. Regardless, he looked like a totally different pitcher than he did in Colorado.

JB98
06-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I believe that this is only the third or fourth game of the year where we had no chance to win it. Pretty freakin' good after 63 games if you ask me...

This one and the game in Texas where Garland got hit around. Other than that, I think we've been in all of them.

samram
06-13-2005, 10:23 PM

Crede needs to go.

You got it, man. :cool:

samram
06-13-2005, 10:25 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I can't believe you actually wrote this. On purpose.

BigEdWalsh
06-13-2005, 10:26 PM

You said it! Games like this really blow but they're gonna happen and they thankfully haven't happened much.
Here's hoping Frank's injury is minor. :gulp:

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 10:30 PM
You said it! Games like this really blow but they're gonna happen and they thankfully haven't happened much.
Here's hoping Frank's injury is minor. :gulp:

Yeah, that is my biggest concern coming from today's game. Frank hit s a huge homerun, our lone tally, then leaves the game after his next AB. Hopefully he is ok. As for today's loss, we really haven't gotten beat bad at all this season. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

mmmmmbeeer
06-13-2005, 10:32 PM
I noticed that too. JC has a tendency to out-dumb himself, as Hawk would say. Has he worked with Widge much this year? I remember Widge caught the game JC lost against Baltimore, but I can't recall any others. Maybe he's more comfortable with AJ. Regardless, he looked like a totally different pitcher than he did in Colorado.

Didn't get to watch the game tonight but that really surprises me that Widge caught Jose. With the frail mentality that The Count usually has you'd think you'd constantly try to replicate the circumstances which have brought him success...and I'd say that AJ behind the plate would be the first priority. That's twice in a week considering AJ caught Buehrle in SD, although Mark usually pitches to Widge. Wonder why Ozzie is messing with this stuff?

VivaOzzie
06-13-2005, 10:35 PM

Totally different team this year. Hopefully we'll fare better...

Didn't get to watch the game tonight but that really surprises me that Widge caught Jose. With the frail mentality that The Count usually has you'd think you'd constantly try to replicate the circumstances which have brought him success...and I'd say that AJ behind the plate would be the first priority. That's twice in a week considering AJ caught Buehrle in SD, although Mark usually pitches to Widge. Wonder why Ozzie is messing with this stuff?

Yup, I agree. No more JC and Widger together.

Jjav829
06-13-2005, 10:36 PM

You know, the fact that you posted this after Contreras' one really bad outing made you look real bad. But the fact that Loaiza then went out later in the night and gave up 5 runs in 3 innings made you look even worse.

faneidde
06-13-2005, 10:37 PM
:moron

Tomorow's Headline: Homefish and I were Right all Along

Hendu
06-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Just got back from the Cell. This was one of the ugliest games I've evr been to (Estes throws a complete game ?!?)

Having said that, these types of games are going to happen. The team is probably still wiped out from the west coast road trip and should be more sharp tomorrow.

SoxSpeed22
06-13-2005, 10:40 PM
*bleep*.

JB98
06-13-2005, 10:41 PM

Mark has thrown to AJ a fair bit as well, including the gem in San Diego the other night. I think Ozzie is trying to mix Widge in whenever we face a left-handed starter, regardless of who is on the bump for us.

In the case of Buehrle, I think he feels comfortable throwing to anybody. Maybe JC needs to keep the same catcher, but I don't know the statistics well enough to have a strong opinion on the matter. I just threw out that possibility for discussion.

nedlug
06-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Games that didn't we didn't have a shot to win.

4/10 - Sunday night game on ESPN vs. Santana - 5-2 loss
5/15 - Sunday night vs. Orioles - 6-2 loss, but it was only 2-0 Baltimore after 6.
5/23 - Night vs. the Angels where we couldn't hit a thing - 4-0 loss.
5/29 - JG gets roughed up in Texas - 12-4 loss.
Tonight - JC gives up 6-spot in 2nd - 8-1 loss.

I'd say that we had a shot to win 5/15, so that equals 4 games that we've not had a shot. That means that at this pace, there'll be 10 or so games like tonight, when the thread topic turns to how good the Sox have been this year.
Yeah, I'll take that.

Let's get to Vasquez tomorrow night.

Lip Man 1
06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
That friends and neighbors was one ugly game. The first thing I thought of was the poster earlier today in another thread who said the Sox should blast Estes.

Ummmm...I think he was a tad off on that one.

I guess that's why I don't care for threads with people asking things like 'how many games are the Sox going to win by the All Star break,' or 'the Sox should cruise with their schedule for the next few weeks.'

Baseball is a funny game folks, it has a way of humbling you. Like tonight. Vasquez goes tomorrow and he's no stiff. We'll see...

Lip

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Baseball is a funny game folks, it has a way of humbling you. Like tonight. Vasquez goes tomorrow and he's no stiff. We'll see...

Well to be honest, if Estes were going tommorrow, I would still expect him to get shelled. He just had one of those special games. Baseball is a funny game, but it also has a long season. The Sox will be fine, this was just a bump in the road. Lets hope that we can get to Vasquez a little bit better than we did Estes.

whtsx1959
06-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Now I'm 0-3 on the year.

I'm afraid to go tomorrow night.

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Now I'm 0-3 on the year.

I'm afraid to go tomorrow night.

Well, I'm 2-0. Now about those tickets...

samram
06-13-2005, 11:05 PM
That friends and neighbors was one ugly game. The first thing I thought of was the poster earlier today in another thread who said the Sox should blast Estes.

Ummmm...I think he was a tad off on that one.

Lip

What kind of idiot would write something like that?

boiler up
06-13-2005, 11:12 PM
too bad i couldn't get wciu out here in indiana

keep truckin boys

dcb33
06-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Just got back from the Cell- it was a good half-priced effort by JC, perfect for a half-price night. I'm not really concerned though becuase Contreras has been a lot more consistent this year than most in the national media would lead one to believe. The biggest positive from his outing was he didn't torch the bullpen, and I'm sure he'll rebound against the Dodgers on Sunday.

This was your typical letdown game- a long, exahusting win yesterday followed by another game a mere 24 hours later halfway across the country. I'm confused as to why Ozzie decided to sit Pods and AJ, especially with all the off days the Sox have this month, but it wouldn't have mattered either way given how quickly the game got out of control. That said, I'm sure the Sox will rebound tomorrow.

On a side note, I knew it was different, but I never realized Craig Counsell's batting stance was that peculiar- it's spread so wide his legs are pointed toward straight away center field and he twists his entire upper body around. Never seen anything quite like that.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-13-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm confused as to why Ozzie decided to sit Pods, and AJ, especially with all the off days the Sox have this month, but it wouldn't have mattered either way given how quickly the game got out of control.

I am sure AJ's knees needed a break, and he wanted both Carl and Frank in the lineup today. Both of their bats have been hot.

NDSox12
06-13-2005, 11:21 PM
First, coming into this game JC had the best opp. BA in baseball, second, he has been very dependable.

My concern about this game is that it is another loss on ESPN. This is really bothering me because the playoffs are on ESPN. Weird things happen for the Sox on national telecasts. It's like playing in Oakland.

For the record.... this was NOT a national telecast. ESPN had the Braves/Rangers game on here, so I would imagine much of the East/South of the country did not get the game on ESPN.

JoseCanseco6969
06-13-2005, 11:24 PM

:tealpolice:

whoops, just noticed that this call has already been taken!

DSpivack
06-13-2005, 11:26 PM
On a side note, I knew it was different, but I never realized Craig Counsell's batting stance was that peculiar- it's spread so wide his legs are pointed toward straight away center field and he twists his entire upper body around. Never seen anything quite like that.

Yeah he certainly does have a strange stance. It's like combination of Tony Fernandez and Craig Grebeck.

Fine time to pick my first game of the year. At least I had good seats--just walked up two hours before and got Row 30, Section 132; right behind home plate.

BridgePortNative
06-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Seeing Jose today was sad, a battle for him today. Jose has 2 great OUT pitches, a good 95 mph fastball (if located) and a nasty forkball/spitter that seems to define gravity. He didn't constantly go to his fork, but he was down, his fastball was around 90-92 mph and not hittting the spots, his fork was flat right down the middle, like a slow, lazy Batting Practice pitch. Just wasn't his day.

P.S. If JC is struggling and someone comes to talk to him, who else but me would like to see El Duque walk up there with Don Cooper? Just a thought because Hernandez seems to be a mentor to him.

SFC. Payne

Mr. White Sox
06-13-2005, 11:49 PM
as luck would have it, the first game i go to is a blowout :smile:. The pitching matchup is tougher tomorrow, but I have a better feeling about the game for some unexplainable reason.
In other news:
ESPN tried to find something wrong with our team, and the best they could come up with was our bench, which "lacks pop and versatility." The proceeded to show the bench players Widger, Ozuna, Harris, and Perez, and said something meh about each of them. The hilarious part about this analysis was that they completely forgot that either Everett or Hurt will be on the bench most of the time.

FarWestChicago
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
I wish we hadn't made the E-Lo for JC trade. KW bailed on E-Lo waaaaay too soon.Excellent!! That's the most hysterical post I've read in days. Just the kind of humor we need after getting blown out. :thumbsup: :rolling:

Nellie_Fox
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
The ESPN coverage must have been very local, because we got Atlanta/Texas here in Minnesota.

In the postgame interview, Ozzie was asked about his "rule" of holding players out the game after they're taken out for injury.

He said he hadn't had a chance to talk to Hermie yet, but had heard it was only a cramp. He said "if it's only a cramp, and Frank can go tomorrow, he'll be in there. I want people to come to the game."

WhiteSox16K
06-14-2005, 12:18 AM
eh....
- The Sox played a hard, come from behind game in San Diego, catch their plane back home after a week on the road, and got here probably pretty late. 24 hours later they sleep walk through a game, which happens.
- Washington was on a 10 game winning streak at home. They fly across the country and a day later get trampled 11-1.
...These things happen in baseball, and it's just the way the schedule falls sometimes. It is unfortunate though because 32,000 people spent money to watch that piece of crap (including me) and I just wish they could have played a little more respectable.

At this point, all you can say is - hopefully they'll go get 'em tommorow.

SouthSide4Life
06-14-2005, 12:40 AM
i went to the game tonight(UD Sec527 Row9)... i just have to comment on Herm Schnider's run out to check on Dye. everyone who went to the game knows what im talkin about!:rolling:

MUsoxfan
06-14-2005, 01:04 AM
i went to the game tonight(UD Sec527 Row9)... i just have to comment on Herm Schnider's run out to check on Dye. everyone who went to the game knows what im talkin about!:rolling:

That was a classic jog. He appreciated the response

IowaSox1971
06-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Arizona had a 12-inning home game Sunday afternoon, so we can't use travel as an excuse. It was just one of those games where Contreras didn't have it.

I do agree with resting Podsednik and A.J.

Podsednik needs to be rested frequently because base-stealing can take a real toll on the body, and A.J. caught each game of the San Diego series.

MUsoxfan
06-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again (repeatedly). This team WILL lose at least 60 games. It's baseball. That's how baseball works. Some will be close losses, some will be thorough ass-kickings like this one tonight. There will be at least 60 of that combo. Today makes 21. 60-21= at least 39 to go. I refuse to get upset over losses where the Sox get beaten. When they beat themselves (errors, baserunning mistakes), I get a bit upset. Tonight was not a night where they beat themselves, and that's okay.

TheOldRoman
06-14-2005, 01:54 AM
I agree. I was laughing so hard I almost cried. For anyone who didnt see him run... if you have ever played the old video game "Burgertime", imagine the chef running. It was pretty much like that except from a much fatter man. His little legs were flailing. And when he was running back to the dugout the players were on the top steps waiving him back in.:rolling:
As a fat man, I can only say I hope I dont look like that when I run.:cool:

lostletters
06-14-2005, 02:17 AM
JC lost because he had a meltdown.

Also did anybody notice he pitches better when AJ is behind the plate. I wish Ozzie would ditch the batting matchups with JC, and just go with the pitcher that JC pitches better with.

Even though JC lost, he still pitched 6 innings and let our bullpen rest. Plus it gives Shingo a chance to find the strike zone again and gain confidence so he can catch up with the rest of our stellar pen.

So even though it was a loss, sometimes blowout games can be called "quality losses". I think this game definately qualifies as that. The worn out pitchers in our bullpen got some rest, and the bullpen pitchers that have been struggling got to do some work.

Mohoney
06-14-2005, 02:30 AM
For anyone who didnt see him run... if you have ever played the old video game "Burgertime", imagine the chef running.

Wow. That's just plain mean.

But it's damn funny!

Mohoney
06-14-2005, 02:43 AM
On another note... One thing that bothered me tonight was all the fans booing him at the game. I think JC has had a great year and is doing a very solid job in our starting rotation. Just because he had a horrible, horrible inning doesn't mean you should start booing him.

If you want to boo, boo an overpriced player who is consistantly underperforming, not respecting the fans or the media, and not giving it 100% every night. Let's not boo a pitcher who has a rough outing who'd been pretty tough this year.

I totally agree with this. I was at the game tonight, and it made me sick to hear the boos from a drunken half-price crowd.

People, it's half-price night, not half-intelligence night.

Also, I really, really wish that Cub fans would just stay the hell away from our park.

1951Campbell
06-14-2005, 07:32 AM
I agree. I was laughing so hard I almost cried. For anyone who didnt see him run... if you have ever played the old video game "Burgertime", imagine the chef running. It was pretty much like that except from a much fatter man. His little legs were flailing. And when he was running back to the dugout the players were on the top steps waiving him back in.:rolling:
As a fat man, I can only say I hope I dont look like that when I run.:cool:

That does it. Herm's new nickname is "Burgertime."

Cellview22
06-14-2005, 08:20 AM
I totally agree with this. I was at the game tonight, and it made me sick to hear the boos from a drunken half-price crowd.

Also, I really, really wish that Cub fans would just stay the hell away from our park.

Mohoney, were you sitting in the UD near Section 526? Two psycho Cubs fans with Cubs hats and jerseys were sitting in the very last row (probably too scared to sit anywhere else) making as much noise as possible when the D'backs went up by 7. A couple more were sitting a few rows in front of them getting in everyone's face. The most disturbing behavior I've witnessed in a long time.

mrfourni
06-14-2005, 08:33 AM
I was at the game last night. the bad news: blowout. The good news: FREE COFFEE!:smile:

Jerko
06-14-2005, 09:12 AM

Twice, IIRC. He was 2-4 at one point with the 2 wins vs. the White Sox. Well, we have different guys now so let's light him up.

whtsx1959
06-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I was at the game last night. the bad news: blowout. The good news: FREE COFFEE!:smile:

I'd rather they didn't score in the fourth, then I could've gotten a 1/2 dozen donuts free with the purchase of a dozen

Cowhead418
06-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I think we needed a blowout like this so that the depressoids here could realize that we still have the best record in baseball by two games, still 21 games over .500 and still in great shape. Blowouts are a lot easier to swallow than one-run losses so I'm not at all stressed out after this game. On a positive note Vizcaino seems to be coming around and Shingo pitched a scoreless outing as well.

Sxy Mofo
06-14-2005, 09:19 AM
let's not forget a couple things:

This is about the second game of the season where the sox really didn't have a chance at the end to win. That's damn amazing.

Every team needs these (no matter how good), and will have these types of games, just to remember that they aren't, in fact, invincible.

SSN721
06-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Ugh, I was trapped in my car on the way back into the city from Rochelle to listen to this turkey. I think the first two innings took me from Aurora all the way to the Damen exit. Oh well, JC had a bad night, he will bounce back, happens to everyone. I am not tooo worried, Might be a tough night tonight too, I wouldnt be suprised if we dropped this series but as stated before, we wont win every series over the course of the year. but hopefully we pick up the next two and have momentum going into the weekend with the Dodger.

Oldfellah
06-14-2005, 09:41 AM
ESPN showed the game here in NC,, but the video quality was brutal. I thought I was watching a taped game from the 70's, but with different Jersey's. Or maybe my TV is starting to get old,,, Nawww,, ESPN is so bias against the Sox,, they must've had their *Bleep* filters on.

I'll forget about the loss last night and drive on for the W today!!!!

34 Inch Stick
06-14-2005, 09:50 AM

I didn't see the game but I did hear Murph on the SCORE talking about replacing Contrearas in the rotation. I thought that he must be hurt because this is a guy who entered the game with an ERA in the low 3's and had several good starts in a row. I would guess that Murph did not know that but then, why should he, he is only paid to pay attention to these details.

samram
06-14-2005, 09:51 AM
ESPN showed the game here in NC,, but the video quality was brutal. I thought I was watching a taped game from the 70's, but with different Jersey's. Or maybe my TV is starting to get old,,, Nawww,, ESPN is so bias against the Sox,, they must've had their *Bleep* filters on.

I'll forget about the loss last night and drive on for the W today!!!!

Where are you at in NC? We had the Braves/Rangers game on ESPN even though it was also on Turner South.

Oldfellah
06-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Where are you at in NC? We had the Braves/Rangers game on ESPN even though it was also on Turner South.

Near Durham,,, when I first turned it on,, I thought it was one of those espn classics,, until I caught glimpse of who was playing. Horrible picture quality...

I have Directv, but I'm sure if I had cable they would've showed the Atl. game... Seems everyone down here roots for them... Dabnabit!!!

Good to meet you Samram:smile: You wouldn't happen to know who the fan is that has a Pizza place around here? Do ya? I'm gonna freak if I can't get a dam pizza that don't taste like an MRE.

Jurr
06-14-2005, 10:26 AM
I didn't see the game but I did hear Murph on the SCORE talking about replacing Contrearas in the rotation. I thought that he must be hurt because this is a guy who entered the game with an ERA in the low 3's and had several good starts in a row. I would guess that Murph did not know that but then, why should he, he is only paid to pay attention to these details.
I think it's funny that people will immediately start asking for Jose's head. Ridiculous.

Jurr
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I also noticed something funny. The Sox really struggle the day after getting back from a west coast trip. They lost against Detroit the day after coming back from Oakland, they lost to Texas after being in Anaheim, and now this latest one. I didn't know that sleeping in a super, beyond-first class airplane for a number of hours could be so tough!

samram
06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Near Durham,,, when I first turned it on,, I thought it was one of those espn classics,, until I caught glimpse of who was playing. Horrible picture quality...

I have Directv, but I'm sure if I had cable they would've showed the Atl. game... Seems everyone down here roots for them... Dabnabit!!!

Good to meet you Samram:smile: You wouldn't happen to know who the fan is that has a Pizza place around here? Do ya? I'm gonna freak if I can't get a dam pizza that don't taste like an MRE.

Yeah, lots of Braves fans, but they're better than the fair-weather Red Sox fans who have come out of the woodwork in the last six months or so.

There was a Sox fan with a pizza place in NC, but he has moved on to other pursuits. It's tough to find good pizza, but if you have Wolfman up there near "Derm" (isn't that how they say it?), you might want to try that. I'm also one of the few who likes Mellow Mushroom Pizza, although their huge beer selection may have something to do with it.:D:

wdelaney72
06-14-2005, 10:39 AM

Ding! Ding! Ding!

While I don't want to take anything away from what JC has done this year, he crapped down his leg for this game.

Both of our catchers know how to call a game. JC has no business shaking him off like that.

JC will bounce back.

samram
06-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I also noticed something funny. The Sox really struggle the day after getting back from a west coast trip. They lost against Detroit the day after coming back from Oakland, they lost to Texas after being in Anaheim, and now this latest one. I didn't know that sleeping in a super, beyond-first class airplane for a number of hours could be so tough!

Actually, one of the few sure bets you can make in baseball (not recommending doing so!) is on an east-coast or midwest team to lose the first game back from a west-coast trip.

Ha, batman, try to break that one down.:redneck

mdep524
06-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Just get the ball and throw it. I just wanted to comment on this. I could tell literally after the first pitch that he was going to have an off night. After the first pitch of the game, it took an eternity for Contreras to settle on the second on of the game. In the stands we groaned, knowing that was not a good sign. Let's just say Contreras wold be a pretty bad poker player.

But he has had a stellar season so far, so slack can be cut for one bad outing. Get 'em next week Jose!

LVSoxFan
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm glad to see everybody taking this so well; games like this are always gonna happen. Hey at least Shingo looked good, and Vizcaino got some game time.

Remember: take the series, and we're fine.

Jurr
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Ding! Ding! Ding!

While I don't want to take anything away from what JC has done this year, he crapped down his leg for this game.

Both of our catchers know how to call a game. JC has no business shaking him off like that.

JC will bounce back.
For some reason, that got me.
:rolling: :rolling:

Frater Perdurabo
06-14-2005, 11:14 AM
:tomatoaward:

Tomatoes thrown at all the Dark Cloud Squad Members....

White Sox Josh
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I didn't see the game but I did hear Murph on the SCORE talking about replacing Contrearas in the rotation. I thought that he must be hurt because this is a guy who entered the game with an ERA in the low 3's and had several good starts in a row. I would guess that Murph did not know that but then, why should he, he is only paid to pay attention to these details.Murph is an Cub Loving Idiot.

Dick Allen
06-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Contreras' performance doesn't bother me nearly as much as our offense. He would have had to pitch a shutout. How could they let CY Young Estes pitch a complete game against them like that? I hate when they make mediocre pitchers look like Hall-of Famers.

TheOldRoman
06-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Contreras' performance doesn't bother me nearly as much as our offense. He would have had to pitch a shutout. How could they let CY Young Estes pitch a complete game against them like that? I hate when they make mediocre pitchers look like Hall-of Famers.
Exactly, our offense, sans Big Frank, was horrible last night. Conteras bombed, but at least he sort of kept us in the game by not giving up runs after the 3rd and going 6 innings. Being dominated by Estes is humiliating, but the hitters will bounce back tonight.