PDA

View Full Version : Alex Sanchez designated for assignment?

brewcrew/chisox
06-13-2005, 08:00 PM
linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6739/news)

Wow. I know the guy had the steroid thing earlier, but he's one of the few guys playing for that abysmal team that was doing anything close to productive. He played for the Brewers awhile back, and they released him as well, as he was a dog on the bases and in the outfield. I guess here is a perfect example of how one can be pretty decent hitter, but can be a complete [insert expletive here] in every other way. It seems as if some guys can't understand the simple gift that they are given to play baseball on a professional level. It makes you wonder what kind of things Sanchez does behind the scenes to make him such an unwanted player.

munchman33
06-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Wow. I know the guy had the steroid thing earlier, but he's one of the few guys playing for that abysmal team that was doing anything close to productive. He played for the Brewers awhile back, and they released him as well, as he was a dog on the bases and in the outfield. I guess here is a perfect example of how one can be pretty decent hitter, but can be a complete [insert expletive here] in every other way. It seems as if some guys can't understand the simple gift that they are given to play baseball on a professional level. It makes you wonder what kind of things Sanchez does behind the scenes to make him such an unwanted player.

The Tigers released him earlier this year.

This is purely speculation, but perhaps they witnessed a relapse in certain behavior, and wanted no part of it?

Chicago83
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM

Sanchez is a bad fielder, but on the bases he's fast, in fact he's good for 40 bases, definetly not a dog. I don't know why Tampa Bay realeased him, it has to be reasons other than his performance as he was hitting really well. It's interesting though, I wouldn't minds seeing the sox pick him up, but I think he's looking to be a starter.

PatK
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
For his speed, he's a terrible base runner. And he can't play the field to save his life.

Iguana775
06-15-2005, 10:43 AM

I'd take a chance on him. maybe Ozzie can whip him in to shape.

PAPChiSox729
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Sanchez is a bad fielder, but on the bases he's fast, in fact he's good for 40 bases, definetly not a dog. I don't know why Tampa Bay realeased him, it has to be reasons other than his performance as he was hitting really well. It's interesting though, I wouldn't minds seeing the sox pick him up, but I think he's looking to be a starter.

I don know. I would rather give Anderson a chance rather than let this guy clog up a roster spot. Sure he's fast, but our outfield is already loaded. Plus with his history, he would be a big burden to put up with. He may be clean now, but he will never escape his past. Let this guy go somewhere else.

brewcrew/chisox
06-15-2005, 12:56 PM

I guess what I meant by 'dog' is that he constantly made mistakes on the bases, and was not very smart (Steroids make you dumb?). He had a problem with taking suggestions from Yost as well.

I wouldn't want him on the Sox, as we already went down that road with DuhhAngelo Jimenez

Chicago83
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I guess what I meant by 'dog' is that he constantly made mistakes on the bases, and was not very smart (Steroids make you dumb?). He had a problem with taking suggestions from Yost as well.

I wouldn't want him on the Sox, as we already went down that road with DuhhAngelo Jimenez

Yeah, he doesn't seem like the smartest guy, but he has stolen over 40 in a season so you have to give him some credit. I don't know, there must be some reason this guy hasn't been on the same team for more than a year.