PDA

View Full Version : Media braces self for playoffs w/o BOS, NY

DMarte708
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Honestly, I expected the debate surrounding October without Boston or New York to be held off for a few months.

Ten minutes ago on Comcast, Phil Rogers questioned Todd Walker on the possibility of neither team earning postseason bids. Walker basically said it would be "bad for America" if the Yankees were to be held out, while Boston's exclusion wouldn't garner as much attention. Believe the term "squeezed out" was used in relation to one, possibly both, not making the playoffs. We'll be sure to watch the East Coast media blame the weak ALC for this act of baseball defiance!

Now, I've read threads where Gammons predicts the Wild Card comes from the ALC, but until now, no one has speculated on the reaction of such an event. I know many don't care, but to know journalists are actually bringing up this issue is hilarious. How will Baseball Tonight survive?!

Nellie_Fox
06-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Walker basically said it would be "bad for America" if the Yankees were to be held out. Congress will open hearings, don't worry.

Foulke You
06-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Walker basically said it would be "bad for America" if the Yankees were to be held out

What an idiotic statement from Walker. I think he has been drinking too much of the Old Style at the Wrigleyville bars. Honestly, most of America's baseball fans would find it quite heartwarming and refreshing to have a 100% Yankee free postseason. I know I certainly would.:cool:

SOXSINCE'70
06-14-2005, 10:09 AM
What an idiotic statement from Walker. I think he has been drinking too much of the Old Style at the Wrigleyville bars. Honestly, most of America's baseball fans would find it quite heartwarming and refreshing to have a 100% Yankee free postseason. I know I certainly would.:cool:

Just once,it would be nice to see the White Sox,Orioles and Angels
win their division (sadly,the Twinkies are the wild card).A baseball
post season without the 2 most annoying franchises would be enjoyable
to this WHITE Sox fan.:cool: :cool:

TDog
06-14-2005, 10:18 AM
The daily newspaper in Alaska's capital runs a readers' poll on its Web site every Sunday. I was looking back at old poll results and found one about baseball contraction. The majority of responses voted to contract the Yankees and Dodgers.

America is sick of the Yankees. A losing Yankees season is good for baseball.

Madvora
06-14-2005, 11:03 AM
It would be nice to wipe out all of the past teams from the playoffs. The Twins will be there for sure however. It would be nice to have the Sox, Orioles and Rangers in there for a change.
Then have Washington, Philadelphia, San Diego and St. Louis in there too.

The Racehorse
06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Ten minutes ago on Comcast, Phil Rogers questioned Todd Walker on the possibility of neither team earning postseason bids. Walker basically said it would be "bad for America" if the Yankees were to be held out

Walker is saying in a round-about way that the baseball sun solely rises & sets on the baseball team know as the New York Yankees... *****!

We all need the Yankmees in the playoffs EACH year like we all need another hole in our head. :rolleyes:

Fenway
06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
The AL East will probably come down to the wire. Boston and NYY play each other and Baltimore plays Tampa Bay. But right now I would say only 1 of those 3 are going to the dance.

OEO Magglio
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
The AL East will probably come down to the wire. Boston and NYY play each other and Baltimore plays Tampa Bay. But right now I would say only 1 of those 3 are going to the dance.
I agree with that, however the Sox and Twins do play each other 14 times in August and September which could give a team from the east or the Rangers to sneak into the wildcard depending on how those games go. That being said I just think the sox and twins are to good and will both end up in the playoffs.

DaleJRFan
06-14-2005, 03:37 PM

This is from the same Tod Walker who stated it was nearly impossible to score runs at Wrigley without hitting homeruns. I guess he missed Florida's homer-less seven run fifth inning last night.

Todd Walker is PERFECT for the north side. EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES.

Baby Fisk
06-14-2005, 03:45 PM
The fact that the media has to "brace itself" for life without the BoSox and Skankees says all you need to know about the media. :rolleyes: