PDA

View Full Version : Wood and Prior "Return" Dates...

WhiteSoxFan84
06-13-2005, 02:34 PM
The Southtown is reporting that Kerry Wood may make it back for one of the two Brewers series at the end of June.

The Tribune is reporting that Mark Prior coming back by the All-Star break may be very possible.

The only questions that remain are; when will they both be back on the DL?

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 02:53 PM
The Tribune is reporting that Mark Prior coming back by the All-Star break may be very possible.

I really am impressed with how fast Prior's rehab is going. When I first saw that clip of him getting hit, I thought he was done for the season. So having him back before the ASB just amazes me. Then again, the Cubs do have a history of honesty problems. I really don't care if the Cubs get Prior and Wood back. It will just be more fun to see Baker make horrible excuses about their season.
:D:

doublem23
06-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Guy gets drilled in the elbow with a ball?

http://premierespeakers.com/photos/2908.jpg
Rush him back, guys.

Mickster
06-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Guy gets drilled in the elbow with a ball?

http://premierespeakers.com/photos/2908.jpg
Rush him back, guys.

Ahem.....

http://paschabooks.com/images/water%20bottles/AUTM-10191.jpg

TDog
06-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Herb Score was a great pitcher -- winning games as well as striking everyone out -- until he got hit in the face with line drive. He came back and he wasn't the same. Dizzy Dean was hit in the foot with a line drive in an All-Star game and was never the same. Baseball historians, some at least, have written that the problem was they rushed back from their injuries. Maybe Mark Prior has so much experience with injuries that he knows what he's doing.

I once heard Herb Score say on the radio, "Getting hit with a line drive didn't make Herb Score a lousy pitcher." But obviously, it didn't help his career.

SOXPHILE
06-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I think some columnists are drinking a little too much blue Kool-Aid. If The Messiah is back before the All-Star Break, I would be extremely surprised. He has a hairline fracture in the elbow of his throwing arm, people. Pitching is a violent, unnatural thing thing to do to your arm. Putting any type of stess on it is unwise, and could lead to furthur damage, let alone pitching at the Major League level. Are we to believe he's going to come back from this less than 2 months after suffering the injury ?

Dick Allen
06-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Mike Murphy reached a new low on the score last night. They picked up the radio feed of Wood's first inning from Des Moines.

SOXPHILE
06-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Mike Murphy reached a new low on the score last night. They picked up the radio feed of Wood's first inning from Des Moines.

SHOCKING !

Murph is a talentless, cubbie ass-clown. By the way, the Sox and Cubs games ended at almost the same time. Anyone hear how much time was spent on Sox postgame, as opposed to Cub post game ? I'm sure it was about the same.

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
So, does this mean we're gonna miss both this time around?

shoota
06-14-2005, 10:23 PM
I saw Prior pitch at Wrigley this year against McCarthy and the Sox, and I noticed his pregame warmup is with a towel and not a baseball. I knew he did that during one of his many rehabs, but I didn't know he used it before a game.

I wonder if the towel warmup is a way to save his arm so he will be able to throw more pitches during the game. Since Dusty makes his pitchers throw into the 120-130s often, it makes sense.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
just heard on comcast that the cubs will have wood pitch AT LEAST TWO MORE games in the minors. so you cancel the thought of him making it for the sox series.