PDA

View Full Version : Padres' Fans Whine About Hawk

infohawk
06-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I was lurking on the Padres message board and came across some fans complaining about Hawk. Apparently these fans had to watch the game on MLB Live or some venue where Hawk and DJ were the announcers. Anyway, it's kind of funny.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-padres&msg=11091.1&ctx=0

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I would be pretty mad too if the announcers said "HE GONE" every time a White Sox batter struck out, but thankfully I'm a White Sox fan so I don't have to worry about it! :D: Hawk and DJ = totally biased and I LOVE it!

Baby Fisk
06-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I was lurking on the Padres message board and came across some fans complaining about Hawk. Apparently these fans had to watch the game on MLB Live or some venue where Hawk and DJ were the announcers. Anyway, it's kind of funny.

MLB Extra Innings broadcast the Chicago feed for all three games. It was awesome! :bandance:

itsnotrequired
06-13-2005, 01:57 PM

I'm amazed at how well-behaved people on that board are. I'm so used to the level of childness witnessed on the Cub MLB forum that I figured all the MLB forums were that way. Funny comments about the announcers but insightful and not your typical "these guys suck" or "worst announcers ever" followed by a bunch of cursing.

balke
06-13-2005, 02:00 PM
You should hate Hawk if you like the other team. He's the ultimate homer. Why would you like him? I love Hawk, but I'm a White Sox fan. As already said, I'd be absolutely livid if I had to hear "He gone" everytime our guys struck out. Too bad for them, great for us. I love a Hawk broadcast.

1951Campbell
06-13-2005, 02:01 PM
On a related note, as an XM-er, I had the Padres' radio guys. I liked 'em. A pleasant change after the snooze-inducing Rockies' announcers.

Jerko
06-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I wonder what those fans thought when SD got into a "strike em out, throw em out" double play? He Gone.......................and HE gone. That had to drive them nuts.

samram
06-13-2005, 02:09 PM
i am glad we are done playing them for awhile so i dont have to listen to them.

Yeah, that's why you're happy the Pads don't have to play the Sox for a while.

DaleJRFan
06-13-2005, 02:55 PM
The Padres suck and are overrated. When they beat the Sox, I'll take their fans' craptalk seriously.

The Racehorse
06-13-2005, 03:06 PM
"But, overall they say very good things about San Diego and Petco Park. Showed how Padres recognize the Marines and just put Mud's mug on the screen and said he is very funny."

There's one Padre fan who didn't consider Hawk [or DJ] to be Lucifer. :cool:

Rocklive99
06-13-2005, 06:49 PM
The funniest thing is each team's fan take it personally that the Sox are called "good guys", as if Hawk is automatically designating their teams bad guys and trying to dis them. I saw someone post how mad he was because his team "were the bad guys"

brewcrew/chisox
06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
here is a good one

11091.6 in reply to 11091.2
I agree, I've been stuck with these homeboys all weekend and between them reading insipid emails from Aunt Bessie in Calumet City and referring to the Sox as "good guys" it's torturous.
:roflmao:

:hawk
"I luuuuuv Aunt Bessie"

Uncle_Patrick
06-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Honestly, I think there is a thread like this on every team's board after we play them. That's one thing I love about Hawk. If I were rooting for the opposing team, I'd probably hate him, too.

ClaudelSleptHere
06-14-2005, 05:01 AM
Honestly, I think there is a thread like this on every team's board after we play them. That's one thing I love about Hawk. If I were rooting for the opposing team, I'd probably hate him, too.

Maybe, but would you question his sexuality based on his "schlocky shirts?"

Jerko
06-14-2005, 09:06 AM
They DO read some pretty horrible emails. (and way too many of them too).

Sox-on-TV44
06-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Well,if they think the Sox announcers are bad.They should listen to CUB announcers (TV or espically radio!).If they think Hawk is a homer,they should listen to Santo and Huges harping about the Scrubs when they play the Pads.

Or listen to the Braves announcers.So boring,they put coffee to sleep!:rolling:

SOXSINCE'70
06-14-2005, 10:01 AM
On a related note, as an XM-er, I had the Padres' radio guys. I liked 'em. A pleasant change after the snooze-inducing Rockies' announcers.

Is Jerry Coleman still doing Padres games??:dunno:

I always loved his "Coleman-ims" ( i.e."You can hang a star on that play
or "Ohhhhhhh,doctor!)."Baseball Digest once printed a list of them.
My favorite was "The left hander is throwing up in the bullpen".:D:

Sox-on-TV44
06-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Is Jerry Coleman still doing Padres games??:dunno:

I always loved his "Coleman-ims" ( i.e."You can hang a star on that play
or "Ohhhhhhh,doctor!)."Baseball Digest once printed a list of them.
My favorite was "The left hander is throwing up in the bullpen".:D:
Something about So-Cal baseball announcers.They're good in their own right.

Jerry Coleman-I don't hear Padre games often.But I heard him from time to time.And he's exciting.
Vin Scully-You can't think of Dodger baseball with remembering that voice!
Dick Enberg-Ex-Angel announcer.Must have been great when he was with them.

Foulke You
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
From the Pads board. Here is one fan who has a good head on his shoulders:

"HELLO!!!!!!!!!?!?
And "GOOD NIGHT NOW!!!!!" Is a lot more professional?

Padres fans like us bitc.hing about other homer announcers is incredibly hypocritical.

thecell
06-14-2005, 01:59 PM
These retards should realize that they're gonna get the other team's announcers. Our announcers should not have to nor be expected to accomodate them. When I listen to other announcer's I expect nothing short of what Hawk and DJ say about the Sox.

tebman
06-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Well,if they think the Sox announcers are bad.They should listen to CUB announcers (TV or espically radio!).If they think Hawk is a homer,they should listen to Santo and Huges harping about the Scrubs when they play the Pads.
Maybe they'd just be amused at how lame they are. There's Hughes and his sportscaster-school voice with the phony EMphasis on CERtain syllables as he waxes poetic about how hunky-dory and swell it is to be Cub lemming, and then of course poor Santo who should be doing something else for his own good ("Ohhh, noooo...").
:rolleyes: