PDA

View Full Version : Cubune Sports

pcp1960
06-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I woke up today and I wondered if the Sox would finally get the big headline this weekend in the Cubune Sports Section. I thought that since the Sox game ended first and the Cubs game ended about three hours later, the Sox would get the big headline.

I guess I should have known. We can't even get the big headline when the Sox game ends three hours earlier than the Cubs game.

I am not a fan of the Suntimes, but at least they had a picture of Rowand on the back page.

What a joke.:mad:

Madvora
06-13-2005, 10:10 AM
The Red Sox were in town. No surprise at all.

TornLabrum
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
The Red Sox were in town. No surprise at all.

So does that mean when the Red Sox play at the cell, the Sox will get the big headline?

Dan H
06-13-2005, 10:24 AM
We all know that this series was over-hyped and oper blown. It was just three games, and Boston is a shell of its world championship self. This was a joke, an absolute joke though I did enjoy the Boston flyballs flying out of Wrigley last night.

Rocky Soprano
06-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I woke up today and I wondered if the Sox would finally get the big headline this weekend in the Cubune Sports Section. I thought that since the Sox game ended first and the Cubs game ended about three hours later, the Sox would get the big headline.

I guess I should have known. We can't even get the big headline when the Sox game ends three hours earlier than the Cubs game.

I am not a fan of the Suntimes, but at least they had a picture of Rowand on the back page.

What a joke.:mad:

:whocares:

JB98
06-13-2005, 01:07 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to any of you. The quality of baseball played in San Diego this weekend was much higher than the quality of baseball played at the Urinal, but that's irrelevant to the Cubune. When you get the Cubs and Red Sox together, you have an overwhelming number of insufferable fools congregating in one spot. They think this series was "very, very special," because they have a high self-opinion, and the media goes out of its way to validate their belief. The truth is, non-Cubs fans and non-Red Sox fans don't care that much. The Cub fans at my office couldn't believe it when I told them this series doesn't carry any special significance.