PDA

View Full Version : Worried about new "batter's eye" at Comiskey

Foulke You
11-15-2001, 02:59 PM
While Comiskey gets "phase II" of the renovations for next season, the most drastic change as we all know is the changing of the center field backdrop from the current all black aluminum siding to the greenery plants. I'm worried that our hitters will get off to a slow start offensively next season because of the new background. If it is a dark green, I don't see it being a problem, but if it's light green then it may take a while for our hitters to adjust. Although, it may have a positive effect during day games because the sun won't glare off the plants like it does now on the black background so our day hitting woes could get a shot in the arm. Am I worrying about nothing? What do you guys think?

Daver
11-15-2001, 04:50 PM
I think you are worrying about nothing.

IA_soxfan
11-15-2001, 07:40 PM
The only worry I have about the new batter's eye is that it might include some of the "cute" ivy. The last thing we need to be doing here is imitating the flubs.

duke of dorwood
11-15-2001, 07:51 PM
The good thing about the plants is lack of reflection-it should help our guys---unless they got hay fever.

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 08:21 PM
It would be a big operation, but does anyone think that park would look muck better with dark green instead of the Yankee blue? I'm talking seats, Score board, all aluminum, steel, fences, and roof tops. Many people say the colors have an affect of the mood in that park.

That's just a thought. What do you guys think?

Daver
11-15-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
It would be a big operation, but does anyone think that park would look muck better with dark green instead of the Yankee blue? I'm talking seats, Score board, all aluminum, steel, fences, and roof tops. Many people say the colors have an affect of the mood in that park.

The seats and and everything else could be the color of a baboons ass for all I care,the game on the feild is what counts.

But then again what the hell do I know?

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by daver

The seats and and everything else could be the color of a baboons ass for all I care,the game on the feild is what counts.

But then again what the hell do I know?

A baboons ass, hmmm. Interesting.
thanks for putting that visual in my head.

Daver
11-15-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

A baboons ass, hmmm. Interesting.
thanks for putting that visual in my head.

No problem,anytime.

Would a mooses innards have been a better reference?

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum

It would look better. Some of the players even think so. But I don't think the current colors we have now is a moody color. Its... happy blue. Uh, so maybe changing the color would be a good idea, but whatever. Green, pink, purple..just the product on the field is what mattere, as daver so elegantly pu it.

Railsplitter
11-15-2001, 09:42 PM
Forest green beats pea green any day.

doublem23
11-15-2001, 10:28 PM
I don't really care about the seat color. I mean, it could be hot pink... As long as the Sox are winning.

The only reason I back green is beacuse it resembles Old Comiskey, which was THE park or parks.

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 11:55 PM
I definatly agree. The colors or upper deck have never stopped me from going to Comiskey and it never will. I just wonder if that would get more people in the seats? I also wonder how jerry would be as an owner if that place did sell out every game?

irish rover
11-16-2001, 09:06 AM
I talked to my season ticket rep and he said that it will not be ivy, in the picture it looks like the outer part of the eye is two levels (or steps) where it looks like they are going to plant bushes. I think the Club House shop is open at the park so I mays top there next week, see the progress and report back, I'll also try and scan the pictures put I won't be able to until at least Sunday