PDA

View Full Version : 6/13/78

The Racehorse
06-13-2005, 03:57 AM
I have one of those daily calendars that shows something significant for that day in sports history. I thought I'd share what my calendar has for today.
Winners of 14 of their last 16 games, the Chicago White Sox aren't going to let a 9-0 deficit deter them against the Cleveland Indians tonight at Comiskey Park. Wayne Nordhagen has three hits and three RBIs as they take advantage of wild left-hander Sid Monge, scoring six runs in the third inning and grab four more in the fourth to grab a 10-9 win over the Tribe. Two errors by Cleveland shortstop Tom Veryzer open the floodgates to allow five unearned Chicago runs.
Walks and errors will kill you every time. :cool:

greasywheels121
06-13-2005, 10:25 AM
I have that same calendar. :bandance:

BigEdWalsh
06-13-2005, 10:36 AM
I remember watching that game. As a side note, 9 days later Willie Harris was born. Hmmm, makes me feel pretty old.

Mendoza Line
06-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Which calendar do you guys have? My "Official MLB Daily Calendar" has a page about Roger Clemens winning his 300th game. I've kept every single White Sox page even though it seems they're all about one of our guys getting hurt or having 10 errors...

Sox-on-TV44
06-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Man,sounds like a great game.

Silly question,does anybody have a audio tape of that game?I would say video,but that's a very longshot possiblity.

DannyCaterFan
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I actually have a highlight tape of the 1978 season that I personally put together that is almost 2 hours long. It consists of nothing but Sox rallies from late April of 78 til late September. Alot of Harry and Jimmy, and Lorne Brown too. That was the year I bought my first VCR and I was having alot of fun with it. I have a part of that Cleveland game as well as an 11 run inning against the Angels. It's still alot of fun to watch today!

The Racehorse
06-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Which calendar do you guys have?

The Official 365 Sports -A-Year Calendar.

The calendar is also great for listing birthdays... allowing me to start a thread/post the occasional SOX player's [past or present] b-day. :cool:

Sox-on-TV44
06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I actually have a highlight tape of the 1978 season that I personally put together that is almost 2 hours long. It consists of nothing but Sox rallies from late April of 78 til late September. Alot of Harry and Jimmy, and Lorne Brown too. That was the year I bought my first VCR and I was having alot of fun with it. I have a part of that Cleveland game as well as an 11 run inning against the Angels. It's still alot of fun to watch today!
Wow.Allright!!!

Can you make a copy?I would love that!!!!!

DannyCaterFan
06-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow.Allright!!!

Can you make a copy?I would love that!!!!!

Hey, SoxonTV44, I might be able to do that. Do you get to many games? maybe i could copy it and get it to you at a Sox game. The tape is nothing more than a 2 hour highlight tape with all Sox highlights from 1978. I let the tape run whenever they were having good innings. Lot's of good stuff.

na_na_na_na
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
anyone want to convert this to digital?

LongLiveFisk
06-13-2005, 04:52 PM

Wow, that's a coincidence...my first Sox game ever was in '78 against the Angels...maybe it was the same game! :D: All I know is we won!!

jackbrohamer
06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
What a disappointing season 1978 was, a year after the South Side Hit Men tore it up. The team spent a lotta time touting touting rookies Mike Colbern and Kevin Bell as stars of the future.

SpammySosa
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey, SoxonTV44, I might be able to do that. Do you get to many games? maybe i could copy it and get it to you at a Sox game. The tape is nothing more than a 2 hour highlight tape with all Sox highlights from 1978. I let the tape run whenever they were having good innings. Lot's of good stuff.

Not to jump on the copywagon,but is there any chance I could get one too?:D:

LongLiveFisk
06-13-2005, 10:35 PM
What a disappointing season 1978 was, a year after the South Side Hit Men tore it up. The team spent a lotta time touting touting rookies Mike Colbern and Kevin Bell as stars of the future.

Yeah, although I don't remember Colbern that well, I definitely remember Bell being a major flop. And contrary to popular belief back then, he was NOT Buddy's brother.

Lip Man 1
06-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Bell turned out to be a flop because he tore up his knee in a home plate collision and was never the same again.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
06-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Wow.Allright!!!

Can you make a copy?I would love that!!!!!"The use of the descriptions and accounts of this ball game without the expressed, written consent of WSNS, The Chicago White Sox, and Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited."

RedPinStripes
06-14-2005, 01:18 AM
"The use of the descriptions and accounts of this ball game without the expressed, written consent of WSNS, The Chicago White Sox, and Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited."

I've never heard of that. :D:

dcb33
06-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Too bad there was no miracle comeback on 6/13/05...

oeo
06-14-2005, 01:36 AM
I have one of those daily calendars that shows something significant for that day in sports history. I thought I'd share what my calendar has for today.

Walks and errors will kill you every time. :cool:

Too bad they couldn't pull off one of those tonight, that would have been nice.

Sox-on-TV44
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I go to most (not all) Monday games.So if I were to meet you with that tape,I say okay!
E-mail me for more details:
matchgamepm77@yahoo.com
or
matchgame2004@hotmail.com

(matchgame2004@hotmail.com)
Oh,and Nellie_Fox,I think WSNS can care less about a ballgame from 1978.Now if we were discussing about an episode of a spanish soap opera,THAT'S when Ch 44 can throw the book at us!But I think we're okay on this one.

Nellie_Fox
06-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Oh,and Nellie_Fox,I think WSNS can care less about a ballgame from 1978.Now if we were discussing about an episode of a spanish soap opera,THAT'S when Ch 44 can throw the book at us!But I think we're okay on this one.I can't believe that I'm tempted to start the "could/couldn't care less" explanation again.

Copyrights last 95 years. WSNS isn't the only interested party, as clearly stated in the disclaimer. I don't care who you make copies for, it just probably shouldn't be discussed on the board, any more than discussing pirating software or music is allowed. The board could conceivably be held responsible for facilitating copyright violation.