PDA

View Full Version : It's Not A Stereotype If It's True

SOXPHILE
06-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Anyone notice during the Cubs getting blown out tonight, the first homerun the Red Sox hit ? It was in the first inning, and it only made it into the Bozo Buckets, but almost immediatly, a "fan" reached in and threw it back onto the field. Then when the camera showed him and those around him, he was 1) A frat boy wearing the required backwards Cubs hat, 2) Laughing and high fiving all the morons around him, all wearing Cubs gear, but also whooping it up, laughing and partying as if the Cubs had just won the game, not just been scored on. (They didn't really look like they were even watching the game) Now, when the opposing team hits a homerun against my team, I for one, am not in a celebretory mood. Which leads me to my final point 3) A couple of minutes later, the camera once again shows this moron, and of course he is on the cell phone; I'm sure he was telling the person on the other end how"awesome it was" that (the oppsosing team's) homerun landed right in front of him, and how he was "so cool" when he threw it back on the field.

("Dude !! You watching the Cubbie game ?? Someone hit a homerun, and it landed right in front of me !! It was so awesome dude !! Then, I took it and threw it onto the field. It rocked man ! I hope they hit another one, and I can do it again !! SOOO AWESOME !!! High five me over the phone man !! WHOOOO !!!! CUBBIES !!!!!)

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 11:47 PM
One thing, his buddy on the other end of the phone is not watching the game but does promise that he is tivoing it so they can watch the jackass do it again.

DrCrawdad
06-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Anyone notice during the Cubs getting blown out tonight, the first homerun the Red Sox hit ? It was in the first inning, and it only made it into the Bozo Buckets, but almost immediatly, a "fan" reached in and threw it back onto the field. Then when the camera showed him and those around him, he was 1) A frat boy wearing the required backwards Cubs hat, 2) Laughing and high fiving all the morons around him, all wearing Cubs gear, but also whooping it up, laughing and partying as if the Cubs had just won the game, not just been scored on. (They didn't really look like they were even watching the game) Now, when the opposing team hits a homerun against my team, I for one, am not in a celebretory mood. Which leads me to my final point 3) A couple of minutes later, the camera once again shows this moron, and of course he is on the cell phone; I'm sure he was telling the person on the other end how"awesome it was" that (the oppsosing team's) homerun landed right in front of him, and how he was "so cool" when he threw it back on the field.

("Dude !! You watching the Cubbie game ?? Someone hit a homerun, and it landed right in front of me !! It was so awesome dude !! Then, I took it and threw it onto the field. It rocked man ! I hope they hit another one, and I can do it again !! SOOO AWESOME !!! High five me over the phone man !! WHOOOO !!!! CUBBIES !!!!!)

That was a revealing moment. Of course the ESPN open was funny too, albeit unintentional on ESPN's part, with Ronnie Woo-Woo doing the game open.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-13-2005, 12:04 AM

as i mentioned in another thread, the same thing happened during the Sox/Flubs series when dye hit a homer our of the park. The guy got the ball, ran around to avoid being attacked by other drunken frat boys, and chucked back onto the field. What a tool.

BigEdWalsh
06-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Ya gotta love those crazy Cubbie fans, they're the greatest fans in the world.

StillMissOzzie
06-13-2005, 12:53 AM
("Dude !! You watching the Cubbie game ?? Someone hit a homerun, and it landed right in front of me !! It was so awesome dude !! Then, I took it and threw it onto the field. It rocked man ! I hope they hit another one, and I can do it again !! SOOO AWESOME !!! High five me over the phone man !! WHOOOO !!!! CUBBIES !!!!!) Hey, what's the score, anyhow?"

You left something out of that phone call. I fixed it for you.

SMO
:D:

elrod
06-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Like I said in the other thread, those idiots were Grade A douchebags. Just terrible, embarrassing "baseball" fans. They make the city of Chicago look worse than William Ligue could ever do. At least Ligue was a bizarro mutant. The frat boys celebrating the opponents' home run were typical of what happens at that disgraceful place every day.

ShoelessJoeS
06-13-2005, 01:42 AM
seriously, how can these "fans" enjoy seeing an opposing team hit home runs just bc they got to throw it back. i for one, would be extremely pissed if i was lucky enough to catch a home run ball from another team. is there a real shlubs fan on the face of the earth?

Rocklive99
06-13-2005, 02:03 AM
It's so amusing when an oppenent hits a homerun at Wrigley

A. The opposing team gets at least a run, that's always good
B. Flubbie fans get confused. "I guess I should cheer like everyone else is since that ball got thrown back. Hey, what's the score?"

I'm waiting until some idiot hits Patterson or one of their players in the head