PDA

View Full Version : Sox on ESPN tomorrow?

Malgar 12
06-12-2005, 10:28 PM
According to the Sox Schedule on whitesox.com they're supposed to be on ESPN tomorrow night. But as I was watching the Cubs get thrashed on Sunday Night Baseball, they said it would be Texas and Atlanta. I sure hope that is not the case. We Penn State Sox fans rely on the espn games, as crappy old Adelphia doesn't carry WGN.

Anybody got the lowdown?

PicktoCLick72
06-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Sox are just a regional game tomorrow. The Texas-Atlanta game is the National game.

Mr. White Sox
06-12-2005, 10:32 PM
I think that it will be on ESPN, but blacked out locally.

FedEx227
06-12-2005, 10:55 PM
oh god, well you can almost chalk up a loss for the White Sox...have we EVER won on National TV?

samram
06-12-2005, 11:00 PM
oh god, well you can almost chalk up a loss for the White Sox...have we EVER won on National TV?

They won the Memorial Day game against LAAA. They also won some games earlier this year that were on ESPN.

oeo
06-12-2005, 11:00 PM

They'll win tomorrow in front of a full house, eat it ESPN!

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
They are going to be shown on the ship as well! At 2 am over here. Perfect. I will be coming back from liberty about that time. For all the people who overlook the SOX this year, I have to say that the Armed Forces TV network has not. They are NEVER on this much. They even refrained from showing the flubs-BoSox game live. It will be shown some random time in the next day or two. Talk about your SOX love...

TheOldRoman
06-13-2005, 01:36 AM
I think that it will be on ESPN, but blacked out locally.
Yes, the ESPN broadcast will be blacked out locally. But the game will still be shown locally on Channel 26.

elrod
06-13-2005, 09:37 AM
They are going to be shown on the ship as well! At 2 am over here. Perfect. I will be coming back from liberty about that time. For all the people who overlook the SOX this year, I have to say that the Armed Forces TV network has not. They are NEVER on this much. They even refrained from showing the flubs-BoSox game live. It will be shown some random time in the next day or two. Talk about your SOX love...

Does AFTV show baseball every night? Do they just pull in random local broadcasts or do they only show national telecasts?

The Racehorse
06-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Sox are just a regional game tomorrow. The Texas-Atlanta game is the National game.

Being out here in VA, I'm wondering if I'll be unable to watch the SOX via MLB.TV? :?:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Being out here in VA, I'm wondering if I'll be unable to watch the SOX via MLB.TV? :?:

You should be able to watch the game. After all the commercial says that it is designed for out of market games.

Iwritecode
06-13-2005, 12:11 PM

IIRC, Burly pitched a gem of a game on Fox a month or so ago.

I don't remember the exact details but I think it was against the Mariners and the game only lasted an hour and 45 minutes or some ridiculous time like that.

I believe Burly also struck out 10+ batters...

Lip Man 1
06-13-2005, 12:17 PM
The Buehrle game was not shown on Fox, it was shown on WGN because Fox hadn't started showing the 'Saturday Game Of The Week' yet...it was the second week of the season.

The last time I can remember the Sox doing extremely well on regular ESPN broadcasts was back in 1990 when seemingly every Wednesday the four letter network was out at Comiskey Park as part of their Wednesday night doubleheader coverage.

Lip

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 12:19 PM

Wasn't the Cubs-Sox game against Zambrano on Fox? That was a pretty awesome win and I remember it being in Fox. So, yes we have won on national TV.

samram
06-13-2005, 12:40 PM

You'll be fine. The only times there will be a blackout are when they are playing a team whose brodacast rights are held in your market (even if no one is showing the game), or when the Fox national games are being played. Other than that, you should be able to watch.

Rocklive99
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
The next real national game would be Sunday vs LA

I think with tonight's, the way it works is if you are in the Texas or Atlanta viewing areas, you'll get the Sox game (us in Chicago will get the Texas game), unless, if you live outside of Chicago, and have either Dish Network/DirecTV, you should get both games since the satellite companies also show the ESPN Alternate channels

doublem23
06-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Oh ****butter, if that game is locally blacked out, no Sox game for me tonight, because we don't get WCIU games in P-town. :whiner:

RKMeibalane
06-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I wish there was a way to find out who the announcing crew is in advance of the telecast. I don't want to listen to Brantley for three hours.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh ****butter, if that game is locally blacked out, no Sox game for me tonight, because we don't get WCIU games in P-town. :whiner:
:angry:
Same here, guess I'll have to listen to the 30 second delayed broadcast on MLB.com radio, which will be spoiled by everyone in the WSI chat. :wink:

Cubbiesuck13
06-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Does AFTV show baseball every night? Do they just pull in random local broadcasts or do they only show national telecasts?

The USS Saipan currently shows three AFTV channels underway. Prime Time Atlantic, Sports and News. I don't know about other ships/bases. Most times the sports channel shows the biggest game no matter what sport. Playoff basketball, nationally televised football/baseball/whatever the season is. Prime Time Atlantic shows anything and everything. I have had to sit through 'Desperate Housewife's' and Oprah. Lately they have been showing baseball. Tonight's feed is from Fox Sports Arizona and not ESPN! Earlier in the season they show as many different teams as possible. Now they are starting to show the Best Team In Baseball more and more!