PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Rules Promotion

konerko1413
06-12-2005, 11:25 PM
I really enjoy reading and listening to the new grinder rules promotion on TV, billboards, and the radio. I've seen about ten, but one of them was numbered #74, does anyone know if this was just creative thinking, or are there actually 74 rules. If anyone knows a rule and/or its number, can u please post it. i know rule #1 is "Win. Or Die Trying." Id like to make a list of them all if possible. I've looked for them online but i have had no luck.

Thanks

chisoxmike
06-12-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't think there are 74 total lines. I think they are all numbered randomly. If you go to the Sox web site you can look at all the posters and ads if you click on the "fan forum" link. From there click on the "2005 ad campaign" link on the side.

konerko1413
06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
thanks

konerko1413
06-13-2005, 12:39 AM
after lookin on the tip i was given, ive made a list of the rules i have found, if im missing any, please inform me.

#01- Win. Or die trying.
#02- Only one stat matters - W.
#06- The best seat in the house is often determined by the best player in the house.
#07- To win, you need defense, speed, and discipline. And immigration.
#18- Never be late for the National Anthem... no matter what nation your from.
#25- A good outfielder doesn't see the wall. He tastes it.
#26- Your hitting should serve as a warning. To low flying aircraft.
#33- The best way to get out of a hole is to dig deeper.
#37- Never Walk. Even when you walk.
#45- The best defense is a strong offense.
#55- It's called stepping up to the plate for a reason.
#58- In the unlikely event that an opposing hitter hits a homer, do not throw the ball back. Just give it to a younger fan. Be careful to choose a young enough fan though. 'Cause our fans have more baseball knowledge by the age of six, than most other fans [Cubs Fans] have by the age of sixty.
#62- Advance the runner at all cost.
#66- When bringing a date to U.S. Cellular Field, do not sit in the left field stands. For left field is the territory of Scott Podsednik, who not only leads the league in stolen bases, but according to the women in section 158, also leads the league in hottness. Rather, sit in the scout seating, where the only person you'll see is catcher A.J. Pierzynski, who spends most of his time bending over. Maybe you should just listen to the game in the car.
#73- When bringing your family to the White Sox game, know your limits. Don't try to show your kids that "Dad's still got it", let the fundamentals crew handle teaching your kids.
#96- Expect the Unexpected.
#98- Batters should fear your fastball. Not because it can get them out. Because it can knock them down.
#??- Knowing what's coming. Seeing what's coming. Hitting what's coming. Not the same thing.
#??- Wasabi or Jalapeno? Either way your gonna get burned.

Numbers 58, 66, and 73 are off the radio. I know they are long and are missing some of the stuff from the monologue. Any clever ideas to shorten them but still keep the meaning would be helpful.
Thanks

FielderJones
06-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't think there are 74 total lines. I think they are all numbered randomly. If you go to the Sox web site you can look at all the posters and ads if you click on the "fan forum" link. From there click on the "2005 ad campaign" link on the side.

Thanks for the instructions on the location of the radio ads. They would have to be in streaming wma format. :mad: Sox promo guys, I have three words for you: M P 3.

wdelaney72
06-13-2005, 09:43 AM
:mad: Sox promo guys, I have three words for you: M P 3.

MP3 is a HORRIBLE compression type and was never meant to be used in the way that it has. WMA offers nearly twice the quality at the same file size. It is WAY better. There are plenty of free decoder's out there that will convert the file type. I've recently been using dbPowerAmp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com).

:hijacked:

OK, back to the topic of the thread.

I'm glad someone likes the ads, because I think they're horrible. They just sound obnoxious and bush-league. But that's just my opinion.

downstairs
06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm glad someone likes the ads, because I think they're horrible. They just sound obnoxious and bush-league. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with you there. That and the player-dies-and-goes-to-heaven TV spots.

Oh, well... they're just commercials...

ChicagoHoosier
06-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Ads are definitely not "big time national ad" quality, but I get a kick out of them. I like the Rowand one the best, but the new one with Iguchi and Shingo cracked me up too.

FielderJones
06-13-2005, 12:43 PM
MP3 is a HORRIBLE compression type and was never meant to be used in the way that it has. WMA offers nearly twice the quality at the same file size. It is WAY better. There are plenty of free decoders out there that will convert the file type. I've recently been using dbPowerAmp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com).

Well, I'd rather download the file than have it buffer in WMP10, cutting out two or three times as I try to listen. I hate javascript window pops that force you to listen or view online. Not all of us have broadband.