PDA

View Full Version : BoSox Smack Around Cubs in Finale, Win World Series

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 09:31 PM
...or something like that. :rolleyes:

Thank the Lord this stupid ass series is over. I've had to take an extra few showers with all the mutual love these 2 annoying franchises have gotten this weekend.

Even better is the fact that the Red Sox didn't manage to get swept, which will hopefully curb the Cubbie Kool-Aid a little bit in tommorrow's paper.

I can only imagine the surprise on all the Cubs fans faces when they realize this WAS NOT the World Series and that there is still a whole 100 more games to play until the season ends.

itsnotrequired
06-12-2005, 09:36 PM

Thank the Lord this stupid ass series is over. I've had to take an extra few showers with all the mutual love these 2 annoying franchises have gotten this weekend.

Even better is the fact that the Red Sox didn't manage to get swept, which will hopefully curb the Cubbie Kool-Aid a little bit in tommorrow's paper.

I can only imagine the surprise on all the Cubs fans faces when they realize this WAS NOT the World Series and that there is still a whole 100 more games to play until the season ends.

Wait, I thought the World Series was next weekend when they play the Yankees. Am I wrong?

chisoxmike
06-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I challenge the Chicago media to take the Sox/Dodgers series like they did with the Red Sox/Cubs series. I know I'm asking too much

cheeses_h_rice
06-12-2005, 09:49 PM
I watched about an inning of the game tonight with the sound down and that was it, waiting for Sportscenter to come on. This entire weekend was an ordeal to avoid being drowned in Flubbie vomit. Every single time I turned on the Score they were discussing the Flubs, including J. Hood's show. And the national media completely embarrassed itself in the focus they gave this not so meaningful series, especially compared to the truly meaningful series the Sox just got done playing (two first place teams? Pshaw!). Suddenly Flub fans are convinced that their team is just a tweak or two away from taking over the Cardinals.

Tough talk for fans of a team that's floating around the .500 mark.

:rolleyes:

elrod
06-12-2005, 10:19 PM
In the first inning I noticed Exhibit A on why Cub fans are douchebags. Youkilis hits a home run and the stupid Cub fans throw the ball back immediately. Par for the course. But then they start high-fiving each other and calling their friends on their cell phones as if they were excited to catch a Cub home run. But no, they were excited to participate in one of the most disrespectful "traditions" in sports. Complete, utter morons. If anyone didn't know how stupid Cub fans are, they need look no further than those people.

LongLiveFisk
06-12-2005, 10:23 PM
In the first inning I noticed Exhibit A on why Cub fans are douchebags. Youkilis hits a home run and the stupid Cub fans throw the ball back immediately. Par for the course. But then they start high-fiving each other and calling their friends on their cell phones as if they were excited to catch a Cub home run. But no, they were excited to participate in one of the most disrespectful "traditions" in sports. Complete, utter morons. If anyone didn't know how stupid Cub fans are, they need look no further than those people.

Wow they actually threw back a RED SOX home run? I thought they'd be slobbering all over the ball and framing it when they got home.

NonetheLoaiza
06-12-2005, 10:44 PM
BTW...I like the title of the thread. Made me laugh.

TornLabrum
06-12-2005, 10:47 PM
I watched about an inning of the game tonight with the sound down and that was it, waiting for Sportscenter to come on. This entire weekend was an ordeal to avoid being drowned in Flubbie vomit. Every single time I turned on the Score they were discussing the Flubs, including J. Hood's show. And the national media completely embarrassed itself in the focus they gave this not so meaningful series, especially compared to the truly meaningful series the Sox just got done playing (two first place teams? Pshaw!). Suddenly Flub fans are convinced that their team is just a tweak or two away from taking over the Cardinals.

Tough talk for fans of a team that's floating around the .500 mark.

:rolleyes:

Was it Hood's show that was titled "One Curse Down and One to Go" or something like that?

DrCrawdad
06-12-2005, 10:58 PM

I pointed this same thing out to Les Grobber in an email exchange with him this evening.

Mock Sox fans all you want for doing the wave on occasion, but it was funny as hades seeing the moron Cubbie fans celebrating AFTER the opposing team hit a HR.

I "first guessed" the results for tonights game. I said the big swingers on the Cubbies would wail away with little results on the knuckleball. Hopefully this game will send the Cubbies hitters into a bit of a funk the way Steve Sparks would to the Sox a few years back.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-12-2005, 11:02 PM

they did the exact same thing when Dye hit a homer out of the park during the Sox/Flubs series. Douchebags is right.

cheeses_h_rice
06-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Was it Hood's show that was titled "One Curse Down and One to Go" or something like that?

Yeah, I think the entire Score weekend remotes were using that tagline.

To J. Hood's credit, on Friday's show with Dan Bernstein, he said he couldn't stand being in Wrigleyville and that this weekend was going to be tough for him. The Sox definitely suffered, airtime-wise, by being on the west coast during that incredibly historic series on the North Side.

I just wonder which series will be talked about more tomorrow.

FedEx227
06-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I challenge the Chicago media to take the Sox/Dodgers series like they did with the Red Sox/Cubs series. I know I'm asking too much

Well why would they...its not like the Sox/Dodgers played a world series years ago...please...plus the Red Sox just broke their curse, don't you remember!!?! Most people forget 'cause its hardly mentioned, but the Red Sox won the World Series last year...and broke their curse by winning the world series...last year and breaking their curse...ESPNetc.

gobears1987
06-12-2005, 11:41 PM
I was there today in White Sox clothing. I made sure not to be obnoxious and act like a Flub fan, but I did root for the BoSox.

StillMissOzzie
06-12-2005, 11:50 PM
On behalf of White Sox fans, I want to thank the Red Sox for salvaging a game from this series. I can't begin to imagine the spunkfest that would have erupted had the sCrUBS managed to sweep the defending World Series champs. The Cubune would have slobbered all over themselves with a sweep, and the Sox' 5-1 roadtrip would remain buried on page 6.

SMO
:gulp:

Viva Medias B's
06-13-2005, 07:02 AM
To his credit, Bernstein said all this curse stuff is crap despite the Score's "One Curse Down, One to Go" tagline.

PeteWard
06-13-2005, 08:05 AM

Thank the Lord this stupid ass series is over. .

Ummm. they're playing the Yankees next weekend. More of the SOS.:(:

ja1022
06-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Great thread title. I was really getting pissed that no one told me that the World Series was a three game set in June at Wrigley Stadium this year. Really, what the ****? It's not like Boston doesn't come to town every year, and the baseball purists of Cuckin'Fub Field can't take in a game at what really is the best venue for baseball in Chicago.

Unregistered
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Ummm. they're playing the Yankees next weekend. More of the SOS.:(:Yeah, but they already played the Yankees 2 years ago at Wrigley Field. Hopefully that will knock a bit of luster off that series. :rolleyes:

Iwritecode
06-13-2005, 10:29 AM

Or the suprise when they realize that they are still 6.5 back in the NLC and 1.5 back in the wild-card race...

Unregistered
06-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Or the suprise when they realize that they are still 6.5 back in the NLC and 1.5 back in the wild-card race...
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/_photos/2003-10-02-cubs-fans-cover.jpg
"I don't understand... we beat the World Champs TWICE! That means WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPS, right?"

Dick Allen
06-13-2005, 11:07 AM
I challenge the Chicago media to take the Sox/Dodgers series like they did with the Red Sox/Cubs series. I know I'm asking too muchThe turd-brains will politely decline your challenge.

cubhater
06-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, but they already played the Yankees 2 years ago at Wrigley Field. Hopefully that will knock a bit of luster off that series. :rolleyes:

But it will the Cubs' first trip to New York since the '38 Series and....

Oh nevermind!:tongue:

bobj4400
06-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Hopefully this game will send the Cubbies hitters into a bit of a funk the way Steve Sparks would to the Sox a few years back.

I think a healthy dose of Dontrelle Willis, Josh Beckett, and AJ Burnett will have the desired affect on the Flubs big sticks...

StillMissOzzie
06-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I think a healthy dose of Dontrelle Willis, Josh Beckett, and AJ Burnett will have the desired affect on the Flubs big sticks...

Maybe we can get a guy dressed like Bartman there to relive fond memories.

SMO
:D:

LongLiveFisk
06-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Ummm. they're playing the Yankees next weekend. More of the SOS.:(:

It won't be nearly the same. The Cubs and Yanks aren't in love with each other.

Jerko
06-13-2005, 04:10 PM
It won't be nearly the same. The Cubs and Yanks aren't in love with each other.

Let's see how enjoyable the New York fans think it is to have the Blue Fools in their stadium. I hope they spank the **** out of the Cubs.

Fenway
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Let's see how enjoyable the New York fans think it is to have the Blue Fools in their stadium. I hope they spank the **** out of the Cubs.
If the Cubbies sweep the Skunks....that just might send George to the big stadium in the sky

elrod
06-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Maybe we can get a guy dressed like Bartman there to relive fond memories.

SMO

The Marlins have been terrible lately, even when their pitching is on.

dividedsk717
06-13-2005, 05:07 PM

Yankee fans don't have the time to deal with their nonsense. I'd pay good money to see a Cubs fan try to walk into the right field bleachers at Yankee Stadium. Good money.

Unregistered
06-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Yankee fans don't have the time to deal with their nonsense. I'd pay good money to see a Cubs fan try to walk into the right field bleachers at Yankee Stadium. Good money. There'll be plenty of 'em there... count on that.

PAPChiSox729
06-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Yankee fans don't have the time to deal with their nonsense. I'd pay good money to see a Cubs fan try to walk into the right field bleachers at Yankee Stadium. Good money.

Yet there will still be some Cubs' fans dumb enough to try it.

TDog
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM

The national media didn't do much at all with the recent Pittsburgh-Baltimore series, and those two teams played in two World Series in the 1970s.