PDA

View Full Version : Guys from the Bullpen who will be available tommorow night.

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm listing guys who will be ready tommorow night.

Hermy- Probably
Marte- No
Politte- Probably Not
Cotts- Probably
Shingo- Yes
Vizcaino- Yes

Evman5
06-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Really doesn't matter with El Conde scheduled to pitch a complete game shutout.

Buehrle > Wood
06-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm listing guys who will be ready tommorow night.

Hermy- Probably
Marte- No
Politte- Probably Not
Cotts- Probably
Shingo- Yes
Vizcaino- Yes

Cotts will definately be ready. He only threw 10 pitches today. Vizzy only threw 20. Politte only threw 25. So, I think everyone but Marte could be called on tommorow. My guess is we will see Cotts followed by Shingo then Hermanson if necessary.

chisoxmike
06-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Why wont Marte be avaiable? He didn't pitch today or yesterday. Correct?

owensmouth
06-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Why wont Marte be avaiable? He didn't pitch today or yesterday. Correct?Sore upper arm. He was supposed to throw a little bit today before the game. He is day to day.

chisoxmike
06-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Sore upper arm. He was supposed to throw a little bit today before the game. He is day to day.

Ah, thank you.

seanpmurphy
06-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Does anyone else think Cotts has finally turned into what we'd like to call "reliable"? He's been incredible as of late.

Mohoney
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
If there's a save situation tomorrow, I wouldn't mind at all if they gave it to Shingo.

If he blows it, then fine. Keep sitting him 6 out of every 7 games. But I would love to see the guy get just one more chance before we banish him forever.

Hell, we gave Koch every chance that we could last year, (which I wasn't against) and I just think that Shingo can fix what's wrong if he's given a chance.

Since we're not going with a "by the book" closer anyway, I just think that it's worth a try.

batmanZoSo
06-12-2005, 09:17 PM

I didn't know that. Phew, that takes a load off. :wink:

Mohoney
06-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Does anyone else think Cotts has finally turned into what we'd like to call "reliable"? He's been incredible as of late.

Two or three more scoreless outings will have me convinced. He's looked great, but so has Joe Crede, and I'm almost certain that Crede has two or three more extended, 5 for 40 slumps left in him this season.

I'm not ready to consider Neal Cotts "reliable" for the rest of the season yet.

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Cotts will definately be ready. He only threw 10 pitches today. Vizzy only threw 20. Politte only threw 25. So, I think everyone but Marte could be called on tommorow. My guess is we will see Cotts followed by Shingo then Hermanson if necessary.sounds good to me.

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Really doesn't matter with El Conde scheduled to pitch a complete game shutout.So you talked to God about it and everything.

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 09:24 PM
If there's a save situation tomorrow, I wouldn't mind at all if they gave it to Shingo.

If he blows it, then fine. Keep sitting him 6 out of every 7 games. But I would love to see the guy get just one more chance before we banish him forever.

Hell, we gave Koch every chance that we could last year, (which I wasn't against) and I just think that Shingo can fix what's wrong if he's given a chance.

Since we're not going with a "by the book" closer anyway, I just think that it's worth a try.he was 8 for 9 in Save Situations. He was fine as the closer.

thezeker
06-12-2005, 09:31 PM

Since we're not going with a "by the book" closer anyway, I just think that it's worth a try.

I agree. I think Shingo may be very important to this team before the year is over. If he starts throwing strikes, he is a proven closer who knows how to handle the pressure. He proved that last year, and he proved that in Japan.

When the pressure is on in August & September Shingo could prove invaluable!

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I agree. I think Shingo may be very important to this team before the year is over. If he starts throwing strikes, he is a proven closer who knows how to handle the pressure. He proved that last year, and he proved that in Japan.

When the pressure is on in August & September Shingo could prove invaluable!pressure in Japan is an understatment. They pretty much dishoner you if you screw up there. I read it in "the Meaning of Ichiro".

Tragg
06-12-2005, 09:46 PM
One of these days I'd like to see whether Cotts can pitch under the real pressure. Ozzie has done a good job with Cotts' confidence, so I'll be he'll get his chance sometime this year.

Buehrle > Wood
06-12-2005, 09:52 PM
One of these days I'd like to see whether Cotts can pitch under the real pressure. Ozzie has done a good job with Cotts' confidence, so I'll be he'll get his chance sometime this year.

I am not sure what you mean by "under the real pressure" but if I am not mistaken he got a HUGE double play with the bases loaded in a 3-3 tie a week ago against the Indians.

Dub25
06-12-2005, 09:56 PM
he was 8 for 9 in Save Situations. He was fine as the closer.

I don't know if fine is the right word but I do agree he needs to be given a chance. I don't want question marks in the bullpen or anywhere on the roster. 42-20 with a 5 and a half game lead, you can afford to try to give him a chance at least once.

oeo
06-12-2005, 11:09 PM

At least give him a confidence boost, if he can close the game in front of a sellout home crowd, he'll be oozing with confidence. Why not!

Evman5
06-14-2005, 12:57 AM

Sorry guys looks like I gave "El Conde" the kiss of death. Maybe I should have scheduled an 8 run beat down instead.