PDA

View Full Version : *Official*6/12 "Suck it, Nevin!" Sox Win Series Postgame Lovefest

daveeym
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Nice road trip guys.

TheOldRoman
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes!! I wonder what Phil will have to say after this game.:cool:

Great win! Rowand came up huge.

Twins lose, too!
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

DoggPhood
06-12-2005, 06:30 PM
maybe corpseball has died

Cowhead418
5-1 roadtrip. 5.5 game lead. 42-20. Best record in MLB.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana::bandance: :)

PAPChiSox729
Awesome thread title!!!
Awesome job, Aaron!!!!!!

Unregistered
http://www.lomblad.net/rob/archives/blogimages/anchorman.jpg
"You played crappy, San Diego. Er... stay classy, San Diego."

DoggPhood
06-12-2005, 06:31 PM
not bad boys, not bad at all

shoota
More like, "*official* 6/12/05 Rowand is the Man Postgame" thread. :supernana:

Or, "*official* MLB-best White Sox make Steve Stone and Phil Nevin look like morons" thread.

Unregistered
:winner

And that's a :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:
game lead...

SouthSide4Life
Thank you Aaron you are indeed clutch, Scotty with a nice performance, Crazy Carl is solid:supernana::bandance::bandance::bandance::sup ernana:

NDSox12

And that's a :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:
game lead...

Haha... love that one!

Great series win. San Diego is an excellent team, so I'm very pleased with taking two of three. What a road trip!

FloridaSox
06-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Awesome week by Cliff Politte--my new hero (along with Aaron Rowand, of course).

SouthSideSid
06-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Nice to know there are plenty of guys on this team who step up and win games. Aaron's turn today. Great job!

markopat
06-12-2005, 06:33 PM
And a great capper today!

GO SOX!

cheeses_h_rice
I admit my inner Homefish came out when the Sox failed to take the lead with the sacks packed in the 8th (or was that the 9th?), and seeing Jermaine Dye with one of the worst PH at-bats I've seen in years.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Cliff, Tadahito, Scott, and most of all Aaron for that awesome finale.

:gulp:

MRKARNO
:ozzie

"AL teams are at a disadvantage in NL Parks. If we were allowed to use the DH, we would have won all 6 games on this roadtrip instead of losing one that we led in the bottom of the 9th"

Blob
Is this the, "See, I told you Ozzie should have left Politte in!" Game thread?

Great Win! Good comeback. Took two out of three against a good team. Another series win.

Time to come back home.

Kogs35
thank you aaron :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: and thanks cliff

PaleHoseGeorge
And the Twins lost, too.

:roflmao:

:chickenlittle
"The Twins are coming!"
"Ozzie is forfeiting games!"
"I'm peeing my pants!"
"I have no stones!"

chidonez
06-12-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm liking it. Great win. Great afternoon. Can't wait to see them back home!

SABRSox
I was wondering when Aaron was gonna end his homer drought. Couldn't have picked a better time...

:supernana: WOO-HOO!!!

The Racehorse
I don't think the ball Aaron hit has landed yet :redneck

... way to battle, way to hang tough after last night disappointing result... Great Win FELLAS!!!

:supernana:

Viva Medias B's
I'll be the first to admit that when we were down 5-3, I didn't think we'd come back. Nothing wrong with being wrong on that one. So far, it's turning out to be a perfect day for us:

We win :bandance:

Twins lose :bandance:

Cardinals win :bandance:

and later on, let's hope...
Cubs lose :bandance:

chisoxmike
:twinslose

Wow, amazing. I went from throwing my shoe in the 9th to claping so loud by neighbors probably heard!

Still, this game should've gone into extra innings. They had plenty of chances to break this game open but they still can't with the bases loaded.

FloridaSox
8 more games on the road (35 road, 27 home) and we are still 42-20.

SouthSide4Life
Awesome week by Cliff Politte--my new hero (along with Aaron Rowand, of course).The Cliff is deffinatly doing supurb on the mound(and the plate for that matter!)

whitesoxfan
06-12-2005, 06:35 PM
awesome road trip. Let's start our homestand out on the same note tomorrow :bandance:

TheOldRoman
I admit my inner Homefish came out when the Sox failed to take the lead with the sacks packed in the 8th (or was that the 9th?), and seeing Jermaine Dye with one of the worst PH at-bats I've seen in years.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Cliff, Tadahito, Scott, and most of all Aaron for that awesome finale.

Actually, they left them full in the 8th AND 9th. Its great to see guys picking up their teammates every game. This is a special team!

chisoxmike
:ozzie

"AL teams are at a disadvantage in NL Parks. If we were allowed to use the DH, we would have won all 6 games on this roadtrip instead of losing one that we led in the bottom of the 9th"

Brillant.

Buehrle > Wood
:worship: How bout 4 scoreless innings of relief from the pen!

Fact: Vizcaino has not given up any runs in his last 6.1 IP, no hits in his last 3.2 IP

SoxSpeed22
42-20!:supernana::supernana:
In honor of the thread title. Atlanta and Florida can't beat San Diego 2/3 in San Diego now can they? (San Diego swept both of 'em at PetCo). We beat them the same way we've gotten most of our wins.
Props to Vizcaino and Pollite and very importantly to Rowand for the win.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

owensmouth

Wow, amazing. I went from throwing my shoe in the 9th to claping so loud by neighbors probably heard!

Still, this game should've gone into extra innings. They had plenty of chances to break this game open but they still can't with the bases loaded.They wanted to make it interesting.

shoota
06-12-2005, 06:36 PM
6 up and 6 down for Politte, as he improves to 3-0 after not getting one win last season.

Thank you Aaron Rowand. He came in as a pinch hitter and went 2-2 with a single and the game-winning 3-run home run. You are the man.

whitesoxfan
and the BBTN aholes just called Rowand, "Paul Konerko" when he hit the homer. Unbelieveable :angry:

SouthSide4Life
you better believe it! cliff deserves it

Cubbiesuck13
And the Twins lost, too.

:chickenlittle
"The Twins are coming!"
"Ozzie is forfeiting games!"
"I'm peeing my pants!"
"I have no stones!"

I swear there are Philly fans here on these boards. I have never heard such garbage from a group of people talking about the BEST team in baseball.

Viva Medias B's
awesome road trip. Let's start our homestand out on the same note tomorrow :bandance:

But let's just pound 'Zona from the 1st inning on ─ not a nail-biting 10th inning win.

shoota
When Crede struck out with the go ahead run on third and no outs late in the game, it appeared that he said "F you" to someone. Who did he say that to? It couldn't have been the ump because he stuck out swinging, not looking, and if the ump thought Crede said that to him, he would have thrown him out.

chidonez
06-12-2005, 06:37 PM
:worship: How bout 4 scoreless innings of relief from the pen!

I'm liking that Ozzie stuck with the guy who looked hot. I'm glad he didn't switch things up. Hermy needs a rest. Shingo needs to gain some confidence, preferably during blow-outs.

That said, I'm still most worried about the hitting. We've been doing a good job, but with a little more, we wouldn't leave so many guys on the bags. I think the stats say it all. We have too many guys underperforming. I wouldn't be bothered so much if I didn't already know what they are capable of in a normal year. Time to step it up boys.

Blob
06-12-2005, 06:39 PM
you better believe it! cliff deserves it

I should have clarified it even further by saying, Is this the, "See, I told you Ozzie should have left Politte in yesterday!" Game thread?

VenturaFan23
06-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Alas, the Sox have finally not ruined my Sundays! Went from frustation to jubilation in a small amount of time. On a side note, does it seems that san diego is Wrigley Field west? This whole series Padre fans were cheeriing during a routine fly ball out like it was outta here, booing the ump when a padre pitcher throws an obvious pitch outside and when an ump calls out a padre on strikes. geesh! Great win fellas!!

cheeses_h_rice
I'm liking that Ozzie stuck with the guy who looked hot. I'm glad he didn't switch things up. Hermy needs a rest. Shingo needs to gain some confidence, preferably during blow-outs.

That said, I'm still most worried about the hitting. We've been doing a good job, but with a little more, we wouldn't leave so many guys on the bags. I think the stats say it all. We have too many guys underperforming. I wouldn't be bothered so much if I didn't already know what they are capable of in a normal year. Time to step it up boys.

Even with a 3-run lead, Ozzie had to go with the hot hand. This game was an important one to win especially after the choke yesterday.

Hermanson will get his slots to close this coming week. Nice to know the Sox have some legitimate alternatives in the meantime.

soxtalker
I'll be the first to admit that when we were down 5-3, I didn't think we'd come back. Nothing wrong with being wrong on that one. So far, it's turning out to be a perfect day for us:

A bit off topic, but I'd rather see the Cardinals lose. They're the team with a record closest to us. (And, while we haven't seen them yet, I probably fear them more than the Cubs.) In the end, of course, I realize that the bragging rights mean little. But it is nice to continue having the best record in baseball. And it is always good to see the Twins fall another game behind us.

SouthSide4Life
06-12-2005, 06:42 PM
When Crede struck out with the go ahead run on third and no outs late in the game, it appeared that he said "F you" to someone. Who did he say that to? It couldn't have been the ump because he stuck out swinging, not looking, and if the ump thought Crede said that to him, he would have thrown him out.maybe he said "F'n Chuck Norris"

Cowhead418
06-12-2005, 06:43 PM
and the BBTN aholes just called Rowand, "Paul Konerko" when he hit the homer. Unbelieveable :angry:
Who gives a flying **** what they say. Would you rather have the Sox win or have praise from these fools even when they lose? (ala the Flubs and Yankees)

daveeym
When Crede struck out with the go ahead run on third and no outs late in the game, it appeared that he said "F you" to someone. Who did he say that to? It couldn't have been the ump because he stuck out swinging, not looking, and if the ump thought Crede said that to him, he would have thrown him out. He said it to the pitcher for the fist pump and cheer.

Lip Man 1
This and that:

This is the 11th time this season the Sox have trailed in the 7th inning or later and wound up winning the game.

Coming on the heels of that stunning loss last night, it shows the guts this team has. Major kudos to the players for their gonads.

Now if they could stop looking like an overmatched Little League team with the bases loaded...

I think this is the longest home stand of the year coming up, 12 games, four opponents. A chance to increase their lead on Minnesota.

As Papa Joe used to say.....Phil Nevin...'bite me!'

Lip

chidonez
06-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Alas, the Sox have finally not ruined my Sundays! Went from frustation to jubilation in a small amount of time. On a side note, does it seems that san diego is Wrigley Field west? This whole series Padre fans were cheeriing during a routine fly ball out like it was outta here, booing the ump when a padre pitcher throws an obvious pitch outside and when an ump calls out a padre on strikes. geesh! Great win fellas!!

San Diego is a strange place (I used to live there). Little league, high school, and college baseball is very big there. They play little league year 'round. Yet the Padre's fans have long been known to be fair-weather-flyers, and a bit aloof -- not that all of them are. It's more of a family-type crowd there. A nice way to spend time with the kids a few times a year, but you don't have as many hardcore fans. That might be changing now with the new ballpark, but compared to other cities I have lived in, it's true. Back when the played at the Q, you wouldn't have seen as many fans as there were today, so I'm guessing there were a lot of rookies in the house.

jhill36
06-12-2005, 06:44 PM
A bit off topic, but I'd rather see the Cardinals lose. They're the team with a record closest to us. (And, while we haven't seen them yet, I probably fear them more than the Cubs.) In the end, of course, I realize that the bragging rights mean little. But it is nice to continue having the best record in baseball. And it is always good to see the Twins fall another game behind us.

Couldnt agree more. On the other hand....Braves, Mets, Marlins all lose but Nats win. NOW that's something to pull for. But not the Cardinals.

22 games over .500
5 1/2 up on Twins
best record in baseball

billnahorodny
06-12-2005, 06:45 PM

I had the same feeling...I had to walk away because it was just too dificult to watch...and while chopping vegetables in the kitchen I heard, "he looks up....." :bandance:

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 06:45 PM

We are in the AL. The Cards are in the NL. The Yanks are in the AL. The Cards beat the Yanks. See spot run. See SOX run away from the most AL teams possible.

SouthSide4Life
06-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I should have clarified it even further by saying, Is this the, "See, I told you Ozzie should have left Politte in yesterday!" Game thread? yes you should have

Lip Man 1
06-12-2005, 06:46 PM
What the Cards do has no bearing on the Sox but it does keep the Cubs in the outhouse where they belong....therefore I support the Cards every day for the rest of the regular season.

Lip

SoxEd
06-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Only got to my PC in time to 'see' the 9th & 10th innings of that one.:(:

I'm PO'd that I missed the first 8, but what a comeback - this team would appear to be genuine grinders...

:D: :gulp: :bandance:

SouthSide4Life
06-12-2005, 06:47 PM
San Diego is a strange place (I used to live there). Little league, high school, and college baseball is very big there. They play little league year 'round. Yet the Padre's fans have long been known to be fair-weather-flyers, and a bit aloof -- not that all of them are. It's more of a family-type crowd there. A nice way to spend time with the kids a few times a year, but you don't have as many hardcore fans. That might be changing now with the new ballpark, but compared to other cities I have lived in, it's true. Back when the played at the Q, you wouldn't have seen as many fans as there were today, so I'm guessing there were a lot of rookies in the house.the proof is in the pudding.... did you see the one dude who was sleeping and leaning on the girl sitting next to him? i thought that was rather Scrub ish

VivaOzzie
06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Or, "*official* MLB-best White Sox make Steve Stone and Phil Nevin look like morons" thread.

Dont forget Sandburg!

RavenswoodFan
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
5-1 Road trip!!!!! YEEEESSSSS!!!!:):rowand

Viva Medias B's
Per a WSI poll a year or two ago, the Cardinals were voted WSIers' favorite NL team.

cheeses_h_rice
I'm PO'd that I missed the first 8, but what a comeback - this team would appear to be genuine grinders...

:KW

I'll take that as a compliment...

eastchicagosoxfan
06-12-2005, 06:51 PM
This is the type of win that makes you forget about yesterday in a hurry. Another series win.

VivaOzzie
06-12-2005, 06:53 PM
the proof is in the pudding.... did you see the one dude who was sleeping and leaning on the girl sitting next to him? i thought that was rather Scrub ish

I was irate when I saw that. That is unexcusable for a guy to fall asleep on his girlsfriend's shoulder during a tie ballgame in the ninth. My first thought was for her to pour some beer on that lameass. Or for a giant Milwaukee's Best Light can to drop on him like in those commercials...

The Racehorse
06-12-2005, 06:54 PM
the proof is in the pudding.... did you see the one dude who was sleeping and leaning on the girl sitting next to him? i thought that was rather Scrub ish

He was probably exhausted from hanging out at the beach prior to game time.

SoxBoy22
06-12-2005, 06:55 PM
All I can say, is, I wonder if the china-doll Nevin is impressed now? Like we need his approval.

beckett21
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
...what a comeback - this team would appear to be genuine grinders...

No doubt about it. This is the kind of win that sets this team apart from its predecessors.

What a fun season! :cool:

beckett21
06-12-2005, 06:58 PM
All I can say, is, I wonder if the china-doll Nevin is impressed now? Like we need his approval.

Phil Nevin is a crybaby who barely salvaged his career from becoming one of the all-time busts. Ok, I guess he deserves credit for getting his act together, but he is still a whiner.

I couldn't possibly care less what he or Brad Radke or Dmitri Young or Jeff Brantley or Ryne Sandberg or Steve Phillips or etc., etc., etc., you get the idea--thinks.

Apparently they don't think much. :redneck

VivaOzzie
06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
maybe he said "F'n Chuck Norris"

RedPinStripes
06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
This thread title is perfect! I was coming here specifically to throw it in Nevin's face. :thumbsup: Way to go Sox! :bandance:

mccoydp
06-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Hey Ryne Sandberg, you did say that the Sox were going to win 2 out 3, right?

Mr. White Sox
Wow, what a game...and what a series. I can't wait to go to tomorrow's game; Contreras v. Estes.

In other news, ESPN is currently losing more and more credibility as they are right now interviewing this man:
:woo-woo

Cellview22
Way to go Sox! :bandance:

I couldn't believe how hard Aaron crushed that ball. Wow, what a game. I have a feeling it's gonna be a perfect day. Go Red Sawx.

shoota
06-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Dont forget Sandburg!

OOPS! I got my Cubbies confused. I thought it was Steve Stone and not Sandburg who said that the Padres would take 2 of 3 from the MLB-best White Sox this weekend.

infohawk
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM

Same here. I had already rationalized that the Sox could absorb losing two games to the Padres since the Sox had swept Colorado. They would still be on a "two out of every three" pace. I felt even better when I found out the Twins had lost. Great win. Nice bomb Aaron!!!

ChiSox14305635
06-12-2005, 07:16 PM
From the daily "ESPN shoots themselves in the foot" quote, hence John Kruk:

On the "Most Important Thing" segment on Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs Tonight, he picked the White Sox. Not claiming to know Ozzie's age, or saying if Ozzie knew his own age, that with this win and the way the Sox have played that somewhere down the road, it could create "problems".
ESPN=:dtroll:

TaylorStSox
06-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Nice determination and focus. Everyone had good AB's in critical situations at one point in the game. The back up defense was solid, except for Timo, who doesn't count.

The bullpen was the MVP IMO.

We're back up 5.5. Hopefully, the Cubs can beat the Red Sox and put us even further ahead in the Wild Card.

BigEdWalsh
06-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Here's to you, Phil!:booty:

:fans

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 07:20 PM
From the daily "ESPN shoots themselves in the foot" quote, hence John Kruk:

On the "Most Important Thing" segment on Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs Tonight, he picked the White Sox. Not claiming to know Ozzie's age, or saying if Ozzie knew his own age, that with this win and the way the Sox have played that somewhere down the road, it could create "problems".
ESPN=:dtroll:

What?

MRKARNO
06-12-2005, 07:22 PM
We're back up 5.5. Hopefully, the Cubs can beat the Red Sox and put us even further ahead in the Wild Card.

The Red Sox are in third place in the WC standings.

TaylorStSox
06-12-2005, 07:23 PM
The Red Sox are in third place in the WC standings.

Good. Let's keep it that way.

Evman5
06-12-2005, 07:23 PM
What did Phil Nevin say? , I must have missed it. Thanks.

spiffie
06-12-2005, 07:24 PM
100 Games to go...

If the Sox were to for some unknown reason only go .500 the rest of the way we end up at 92-70. For the Twins to surpass us, they would have to go .564 to end up at 93-69. If we play .550 ball, we end up at 97-55, which would mean the Twins would have to go at a .614 clip the rest of the way, which only 2 teams in baseball are currently playing at. .600 would put us at 102-60, which would mean the Twins would have to play .663 the rest of the way. And if we keep up our current pace of .677, we would end up at 110-52, which would mean the Twinks would have to go .733 the rest of the season.

Or, to be shorter and more succinct about it...hell of a start, way to put some distance out there, and let's keep it going late into October!

PAPChiSox729
06-12-2005, 07:27 PM
What did Phil Nevin say? , I must have missed it. Thanks.

Here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51918)

soxtalker

Now, that's a very interesting way of looking at things. I have simply been rooting against teams that lead the other divisions, but, as I said earlier, that merely translates into bragging rights. We, of course, want to win the division, but, after that, the back-up plan should be to make the playoffs by winning the wild card. So, we're better off the further teams like Texas (currently next in line) and Boston fall behind.

ChiSox14305635
What?

Kruk said the way the Sox have been winning games could create problems down the road.

Dan H

Great Win! Good comeback. Took two out of three against a good team. Another series win.

Time to come back home.

Haven't people been saying the Sox don't beat good teams? Looking forward to the return for a long homestand that hopefully ends with the Sox trouncing the Cubs.

Heffalump
All I have to add is bring on the D-Backs and the Dodgers ! ! ! !

Evman5
06-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51918)

Thanks, well I am glad we stuck it to him today! We should of also had the sweep, but I'll take two out of three any time.

seanpmurphy
06-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Kruk said the way the Sox have been winning games could create problems down the road.

He's saying the Sox will lose one of their balls.

Kruk = :dtroll:

BRDSR
06-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Way to go Sox! :bandance:

I couldn't believe how hard Aaron crushed that ball. Wow, what a game. I have a feeling it's gonna be a perfect day. Go Red Sawx.

What I couldn't believe is that he hit the ball that hard with what looked like 3/4s of a swing. It seemed like there was no follow through to his swing, which makes it hard for me to believe that he was swinging as hard as he could in the first place. But what do I know, I was a pitcher. Very clutch.

Looking ahead to tomorrows game, I want to be point out that that Sox have not won only one game in a row at any point this season. To put it another way, there has been no three game stretch in which the Sox have lost, won, and lost in that order. This means the Sox are putting together wins in bunches and are basically assured of a win tomorrow night.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming homestand. I should make it to four, probably five of the twelve games including two Cubs/Sox. Can't wait. Hope to see you all out at the park tomorrow night.

johnny_mostil
06-12-2005, 07:38 PM

That goes into the "Stupidest Things John Kruk Has Said Hall of Fame".

What, the Sox are winning games by maiming themselves? The only problems the White Sox wins are causing right now are for the Twins and the AL East runners-up.

hose
06-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Suck it Nevin and you to Fick.

Sox go 5-1 on the road and have a 12 game homestand :bandance:

If Vizcaino has tuned the corner and can continue to be used in close games the pen gets a huge shot in the arm.

Bisco Stu
06-12-2005, 07:42 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img8558404.jpg

A-ROW!

Frankfan4life
06-12-2005, 08:00 PM
This is the type of win that makes you forget about yesterday in a hurry. Another series win.My feelings exactly. I was almost sick over the loss yesterday. This win was the cure.

I liked the heart the Sox showed in coming back to win this game. I even admire Crazy Carl for arguing about being thrown out at third when he CLEARLY ran out of the basepath.

seanpmurphy
06-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I predicted a .750 June for the Sox. Right now they're 7-3

So close!:bandance:

Wsoxmike59
06-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Dont forget Sandburg!

http://www.jimpoz.com/quotes/images/speakers/sandburg.jpg I leave with you with two of my more famous quotations.

Carl Sandburg

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.

and GO GO SOX!!!!!

J/K......great win today. The victory today certainly worthy of a city with such broad shoulders.:D:

voodoochile
06-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Ah what the heck...

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 08:15 PM

Wow. It sounded like he said The Oz's age would be a factor. I don't know which is worse. I wouldn't mind their ignorant comments if they would try to explain exactly what they mean by that. Are they saying the team will loose confidence by having to come back to win games or because they failed to come through with the bases juiced earlier in the game? I hate ESPN. I know the team doesn't care and I know some of the fans don't care but I care. I am stuck on a damned boat lucky to watch a few highlights of the SOX most games and this is the kind of commentary the people I work with hear. You would think ESPN would either point out the obvious like they are known to do or they would give them a few minutes of in-depth discussion because they are the best team in baseball! We always give each other a hard time on the boat so it is great to hear someone besides me talk about how great the SOX are. But no. They have to make ignorant comments like this.

TheOldRoman
06-12-2005, 08:20 PM
This thread title is perfect! I was coming here specifically to throw it in Nevin's face. :thumbsup: Way to go Sox! :bandance:
Thank you, I take my bow.:)

wsoxgalkelly
06-12-2005, 08:20 PM
ANOTHER WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone else sick of hearing-well its early. Look at us! Best team in baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :welcome: :lurkers

PAPChiSox729
06-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Wow. It sounded like he said The Oz's age would be a factor. I don't know which is worse. I wouldn't mind their ignorant comments if they would try to explain exactly what they mean by that. Are they saying the team will loose confidence by having to come back to win games or because they failed to come through with the bases juiced earlier in the game? I hate ESPN. I know the team doesn't care and I know some of the fans don't care but I care. I am stuck on a damned boat lucky to watch a few highlights of the SOX most games and this is the kind of commentary the people I work with hear. You would think ESPN would either point out the obvious like they are known to do or they would give them a few minutes of in-depth discussion because they are the best team in baseball! We always give each other a hard time on the boat so it is great to hear someone besides me talk about how great the SOX are. But no. They have to make ignorant comments like this.

The Sox have already proved that they are a good team, so why do you need ESPN to tell you?

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 08:24 PM
The Sox have already proved that they are a good team, so why do you need ESPN to tell you?

I don't need them to tell me that. It is fun to throw it in my buddies faces who don't understand how poorly ESPN reports about the SOX. It is also nice to hear about the game because, as I said, I don't get to watch most of the games highlights are never more than a few clips.

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 08:25 PM
It's kinda sad that we're barely cracking 100 replies on this thread, yet last night's loss thread was filled with 300 replies of doom and gloom.

I guess there's a lot less arguing when we win a game that wins the series, but I hope that everyone who talked crap last night in the thread posted in this one as well...

TheOldRoman
06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Is anyone else sick of hearing-well its early.

Yes, but Jeff Brantley isnt. Lets look into the future:

http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesplayers/brantley.jpg
"The White Sox have the best record in baseball, but they arent the best team in baseball. Yes, it's September 10, and the White Sox magic number is 3, but its still very early. They haven't proven anything yet. This Twins team is better than them. Even if the Twins dont pull it out, they will destroy the Sox in the playoffs... I mean, the Sox will get swept in the first round."

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2005, 08:28 PM

and a little :gulp: for good luck!!!

What a game, what a comeback...What a performance by the bullpen!!!

The SOX are for real!!!

TheOldRoman
06-12-2005, 08:28 PM
:tomatoaward

Cellview22
06-12-2005, 08:30 PM
When the Sox lose, you don't feel like doing anything. You don't feel like going out or watching highlights. The only thing that makes you feel better, besides just laying on the couch, is coming here and getting all that frustration off your chest.

When the Sox win, you feel like you're in heaven, you feel like watching all the replays, and you feel like going out. At least that's the case with me. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2005, 08:31 PM
When the Sox lose, you don't feel like doing anything. You don't feel like going out or watching highlights. The only thing that makes you feel better, besides just laying on the couch, is coming here and getting all that frustration off your chest.

When the Sox win, you feel like you're in heaven, you feel like watching all the replays, and you feel like going out. At least that's the case with me. :cool:

I concur...Hey, I get more housework done when the Sox win!!!

Wsoxmike59
06-12-2005, 08:32 PM

and a little :gulp: for good luck!!!

What a game, what a comeback...What a performance by the bullpen!!!

The SOX are for real!!!

Well said, what impressed me more than our Bullpen's performance was the fact the Sox offense came back against the BEST bullpen in the NL today.

The Sox had their work cut out for themselves late in the game, and they came through.

But I still worry because Jay Mariotti still might not like the make up of this team!

SoxEd
06-12-2005, 08:35 PM

Now, I didn't see it, and haven't seen a transcript of the show, but perhaps, in a 'brief moment of clarity' Kruk meant the way the Sox have been winning games could create problems down the road for ESPN and the rest of the media...

I mean, if we carry on like this, we'll storm in to the playoffs and run deep in to them at least - which would make the media look like complete tools.

:cool:

FarWestChicago
06-12-2005, 08:35 PM
It's kinda sad that we're barely cracking 100 replies on this thread, yet last night's loss thread was filled with 300 replies of doom and gloom.

I guess there's a lot less arguing when we win a game that wins the series, but I hope that everyone who talked crap last night in the thread posted in this one as well...No, the Dark Clouds don't do that. They love to rage, but don't know how to enjoy wins.

cheeses_h_rice
06-12-2005, 08:38 PM
No, the Dark Clouds don't do that. They love to rage, but don't know how to enjoy wins.

Who are these FOTDC?

I can guess a few of them, including one prominently banned poster and another thread spammer, but the rest...?

Nard
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Good win. Politte was just ****ing brilliant. This guy is a monster.

FarWestChicago
06-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Who are these FOTDC?

I can guess a few of them, including one prominently banned poster and another thread spammer, but the rest...?There's those two. But basically look in the game threads for the "bench everybody, fire everybody" guys. They completely disappear after the game if the Sox win. Or, just compare the posting lineup in a post loss rage thread and this one. :D:

chisoxmike
06-12-2005, 08:46 PM

And to think we all bitched when Kenny signed him before 2004.

owensmouth
Now, I didn't see it, and haven't seen a transcript of the show, but perhaps, in a 'brief moment of clarity' Kruk meant the way the Sox have been winning games could create problems down the road for ESPN and the rest of the media...

I mean, if we carry on like this, we'll storm in to the playoffs and run deep in to them at least - which would make the media look like complete tools.

:cool:I listened to him too and I thought he said that he didn't know how old Ozzie is, and he didn't know how old he was, but if the Sox continue to win the way they have been playing, they're gonna make Ozzie a lot older. I did not hear him say anything negative about the Sox (and that's a first in itself).

batmanZoSo
So much for Nevin and his whiny @## p#### comments. We damn near swept them and would have if not for a flukey blown save from an otherwise excellent closer.

I couldn't believe how hittable Hoffman looked in the 10th. You just knew we'd get at least one, no matter what the previous two innings would dictate. Dye's at bat was just brutal in retrospect. He made Hoffman look like a world beater.

We have far too many instances where we have runners on third with none or one out and we come up empty. At the very least we desperately need Frank to come along and be like the Frank from early '04. And I would advocate an upgrade at the third base or right field position as well (if either are possible and we don't lose too much defense at third).

PicktoCLick72
Just got back form work to read about a White Sox winner. This win shows heart after last night's loss. Let's go tame some snakes tomorrow. Enter produce.:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
And to think we all bitched when Kenny signed him before 2004.
I wonder if we'll be saying the same thing about Kevin Walker by the end of the year...

PaleHoseGeorge
06-12-2005, 08:48 PM
I listened to him too and I thought he said that he didn't know how old Ozzie is, and he didn't know how old he was, but if the Sox continue to win the way they have been playing, they're gonna make Ozzie a lot older. I did not hear him say anything negative about the Sox (and that's a first in itself).

Ah.... I see. Kruk was reaching for the "Sox are lucky" cliche and fell over his own two feet with this confusing mess instead.

Now it's making sense.

TaylorStSox
06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
So much for Nevin and his whiny @## p#### comments. We damn near swept them and would have if not for a flukey blown save from an otherwise excellent closer.

I couldn't believe how hittable Hoffman looked in the 10th. You just knew we'd get at least one, no matter what the previous two innings would dictate. Dye's at bat was just brutal in retrospect. He made Hoffman look like a world beater.

We have far too many instances where we have runners on third with none or one out and we come up empty. At the very least we desperately need Frank to come along and be like the Frank from early '04. And I would advocate an upgrade at the third base or right field position as well (if either are possible and we don't lose too much defense at third).

It looked like Hoffman got into a bad rhythm. Instead of dictating the way he would pitch, he second guessed himself. Thank god it happened against us because it won't happening too much this year.

seanpmurphy
06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey FarWest, no dark clouds tonight!

:D:

owensmouth
06-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Ah.... I see. Kruk was reaching for the "Sox are lucky" cliche and fell over his own two feet with this confusing mess instead.

Now it's making sense.
:cool:Honestly, I think Kruk was trying to be complimentary, especially after the nice thing Ozzie said about him in a recent interview.

Evman5
06-12-2005, 08:53 PM
``If you told me that it would be a tie game late, I'll take our bullpen over any in baseball,'' Phil Nevin (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5420/) said. ``It just didn't work out today.''

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250612125)

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 08:53 PM
It looked like Hoffman got into a bad rhythm. Instead of dictating the way he would pitch, he second guessed himself. Thank god it happened against us because it won't happening too much this year. Except for the 2 times it had already happened before today...

PaleHoseGeorge
06-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Honestly, I think Kruk was trying to be complimentary, especially after the nice thing Ozzie said about him in a recent interview.

Kruk declaring the Sox are prematurely aging their manager doesn't strike me as very complimentary. Kruk should have just said, "The Sox are lucky and can't expect to keep winning games this way (even though it is June and we've been winning them in similar fashion for a full third of the season played so far.)" Then we wouldn't need to debate what the hell he was trying to say.

batmanZoSo
06-12-2005, 08:56 PM
``If you told me that it would be a tie game late, I'll take our bullpen over any in baseball,'' Phil Nevin (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5420/) said. ``It just didn't work out today.''

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250612125)

I'll take his bullpen, too. . . :cool:

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
"Everybody knows I'm the whiniest bitch in baseball,'' Phil Nevin said. "I'm lucky to be here, actually. Hell, 3 years ago it looked like I'd be selling cars by now.''

MRKARNO
06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
For every game like the Sox had last night, they've had about 2-3 like the one that they had today, which is why it wasn't worth it to get too angry over last night.

Last night, they came back late against our bullpen, embarrassing our closer.

Tonight, we returned the favor, embarassing their Hall of Fame-bound closer with a three run shot to the third floor of the Western Metal Supply Co. building.

That is how championship teams go about their business.

Awesome win for the White Sox, scoring 5 runs on one of the best bullpens in baseball.:thumbsup:

batmanZoSo
06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Kruk declaring the Sox are aging their manager doesn't strike me as very complimentary. Kruk should have just said, "The Sox are lucky and can't expect to keep winning games this way (even though it is June and we've been winning them in similar fashion for a full third of the season played so far.)" Then we wouldn't need to debate what the hell he was trying to say.

This is an old school team. It's called winning close games. Does anyone--at least in the AL--sacrifice bunt and go for one run as readily as we do? No. We're built to win one-run and two-run games and built quite well I might add. These idiots aren't used to it, so they don't know what to say other than the f-word. Ahem, fluke.

Mohoney
06-12-2005, 09:03 PM

I think that some real props have to go to Luis Vizcaino, too. 5th scoreless outing in a row!

I really think that Vizzy and Shingo will be viable contributors to a solid bullpen before all is said and done. My only lament is that Shingo hasn't been getting any work lately, but hopefully he can post a few scoreless innings on this homestand.

We just won a road series against, in my opinion, a really good team. I don't see any other team in that NL West stepping up and beating San Diego this season. This was two playoff-caliber teams going at it, and it took Hermanson's 1st blown save of the season for the Padres to avoid the brooms.

They stole Saturday's game, we stole today's game. So assuming that those two games even out, look at Friday's game as the "measuring stick". In my opinion, we're better than the Padres, and the Padres are a damn good team.

If we can follow up a 5-1 roadie WITHOUT A DH with an 8-4 or 9-3 homestand, the national media can cram it, and so can the Twins.

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 09:04 PM
. "To me, this was the biggest game we played all year," Guillen said. "The reason is the way we lost yesterday and the way we bounced back today. They show me the character of the team and how much they want to win. It would be real easy to come here today and just see what happens after the game last night.

"Any win is a satisfying win," Everett said. "I mean, today I would say everything clicked, and we were playing a good team. We did all the things right."

"You can see the heart of this team," Politte added. "It shows how we want to win and aren't going to lay down. It's one of the best battling clubs I've been on."

owensmouth
06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Kruk declaring the Sox are prematurely aging their manager doesn't strike me as very complimentary. Kruk should have just said, "The Sox are lucky and can't expect to keep winning games this way (even though it is June and we've been winning them in similar fashion for a full third of the season played so far.)" Then we wouldn't need to debate what the hell he was trying to say.

:cool:Or I suppose we could listen to the last five minutes of the rebroadcast of BBTN...nah, once is more than enuf

PaleHoseGeorge
06-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Or I suppose we could listen to the last five minutes of the rebroadcast of BBTN...nah, once is enuf

Last time I tuned in BBTN Kruk was ranting about attendance and Peter Gammons looked like he was going to faint from all the nonsense Kruk and his fellow ex-Phillies Larry Bowa were spouting.

I'm taking KW's advice on this one.

:KW
"We don't care."

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey FarWest, no dark clouds tonight!

:D:

One thing I don't understand is how some of them bad mouth a guy who is having an ok game. Crede hit a homer tonight yet in the gameday thread you can see bench/trade Crede posts EVERYTIME he comes up.

nedlug
06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: YEAH BABY! NICE WIN!

A-row - Great clutch hitting!

Politte - Awesome as usual!

VIZ! - 5 scoreless outings... maybe coming around!

Crede - Continues to heat up!

If Vizcaino comes around and Shingo gets in his summer groove, the only weakness I see is the lack of a backup 1B. Guess what, Gload up, Timo down, and that problem is solved!

This is awesome. Awesome season, awesome team, awesome time.

GO SOX!

batmanZoSo
06-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I think that some real props have to go to Luis Vizcaino, too. 5th scoreless outing in a row!

I really think that Vizzy and Shingo will be viable contributors to a solid bullpen before all is said and done. My only lament is that Shingo hasn't been getting any work lately, but hopefully he can post a few scoreless innings on this homestand.

We just won a road series against, in my opinion, a really good team. I don't see any other team in that NL West stepping up and beating San Diego this season. This was two playoff-caliber teams going at it, and it took Hermanson's 1st blown save of the season for the Padres to avoid the brooms.

They stole Saturday's game, we stole today's game. So assuming that those two games even out, look at Friday's game as the "measuring stick". In my opinion, we're better than the Padres, and the Padres are a damn good team.

If we can follow up a 5-1 roadie WITHOUT A DH with an 8-4 or 9-3 homestand, the national media can cram it, and so can the Twins.

This is the longest homestand of the year. I expect pure dominance and hope for another game or two tacked on to our lead when it's all said and done. Two of the games will be shown on ESPN, so I'm really hoping for a couple of games like the opener in San Diego on those dates.

ARI
ARI
ARI
LAD
LAD
LAD
KC
KC
KC
CUB
CUB
CUB

If history is any indication, the second half of this run is already decided with 5 W's going to us.

Meanwhile, the Twins face SF, SD, DET, and MIL. Their ALC record is mediocre, so Detroit must play them tough. And we've seen San Diego is a good club. By the way, all but the Milwaukee series is at home for the Twins.

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 09:19 PM
This is the longest homestand of the year. I expect pure dominance and hope for another game or two tacked on to our lead when it's all said and done. Two of the games will be shown on ESPN...
If history tells us anything, those are guaranteed losses. Hopefully the Sox can turn around that annoying trend of losing on National TV...

DarkCloudDropo
06-12-2005, 09:19 PM

I guess there's a lot less arguing when we win a game that wins the series, but I hope that everyone who talked crap last night in the thread posted in this one as well...

Wasn't the live game thread over 500 posts for the game? Maybe many people had their say over there. I don't know why anyone would make a fuss over how many posts there are after the game anyway. Seems kind of silly to me. How many times can you say great game, wtg Aaron, 5 of 6 woohoo anyway?

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Wasn't the live game thread over 500 posts for the game? Maybe many people had their say over there. I don't know why anyone would make a fuss over how many posts there are after the game anyway. Seems kind of silly to me. How many times can you say great game, wtg Aaron, 5 of 6 woohoo anyway?

He is just comparing how many times you can say great game to how many times you can say so an so sucks blah blah blah

PaleHoseGeorge
06-12-2005, 09:22 PM

Yeah, sure...

You would be surprised how creative some posters around here can be to say the same thing 100 billion different ways, "I'm going out of my ****ing mind about this Sox loss!"

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Nevermind the live game thread -
My point is:
last nights post-game LOSS thread = ~300 bitching posts
todays big WIN thread = ~150 posts

Which means a lot more people want to come on and bitch than celebrate a big win - which is a sad trend around here.

As I noted in my original post, a lot of the posts are arguments about who is to blame for the loss, but you'd like to think there's be as many celebratory and congratulatory posts tonight as there were "sky is falling" posts yesterday. Just an observation.

FarWestChicago
06-12-2005, 09:25 PM
One thing I don't understand is how some of them bad mouth a guy who is having an ok game. Crede hit a homer tonight yet in the gameday thread you can see bench/trade Crede posts EVERYTIME he comes up.The Dark Clouds are not what you would call emotionally stable people. It's not surprising they don't make sense. :redneck

Cubbiesuck13
06-12-2005, 09:27 PM
The Dark Clouds are not what you would call emotionally stable people. It's not surprising they don't make sense. :redneck

If word gets out about them we are going to have a worse reputation than Philly fans.

DarkCloudDropo
06-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Nevermind the live game thread -
My point is:
last nights post-game LOSS thread = ~300 bitching posts
todays big WIN thread = ~150 posts

Which means a lot more people want to come on and bitch than celebrate a big win - which is a sad trend around here.

As I noted in my original post, a lot of the posts are arguments about who is to blame for the loss, but you'd like to think there's be as many celebratory and congratulatory posts tonight as there were "sky is falling" posts yesterday. Just an observation.

Seems to me it's natural and should be expected. Generally a negative post will be questioned and argued about back and forth creating more posts. The positive posts come to a quick conclusion. If you're suggesting that only the positive posters are happy about the win I do believe you'd be mistaken. Actually I'm surprised it's only a 2 to 1 ratio.

DickAllen72
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Way to go, Aaron!

Way to go, A.J.!

Carl, you rule!!!

GO WHITE SOX!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

batmanZoSo
06-12-2005, 09:45 PM
More posts in a losing thread should probably be expected. Although I know I post a lot more in winning threads like this and enjoy dissecting a win and what we did right more than debating why we lost. The average person, it seems, gives a quick "woohoo!" and goes to bed for a win. But for a loss, you're always gonna have a few manic depressives who do their thing and the gaggle of retorts to follow. That's a formula for more posts.

BigEdWalsh
06-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Seems to me it's natural and should be expected. Generally a negative post will be questioned and argued about back and forth creating more posts. The positive posts come to a quick conclusion. If you're suggesting that only the positive posters are happy about the win I do believe you'd be mistaken. Actually I'm surprised it's only a 2 to 1 ratio.

Exactly!
Not to mention the fact that late on a Saturday night more people are going to be online than on a Sunday afternoon/evening.
The way the Sox lost last night was very frustrating, even Hawk said that. Naturally people were going to be ticked off. I get more upset about the ridicule and smug scorn for anyone who complains about almost anything than I do some of the silly posts. Granted a few people are going to go off the deep end but they're certainly in the minority, not all are claiming the ****ing sky is falling.
Anyway, the best thing about the game today was the way the Sox fought back and fought back. Nearly everyone contributed, it was great to see.

SpammySosa
06-12-2005, 09:51 PM

You hit the nail on the head. I rarely get online right after a game-win or lose. By the time I do,the postgame thread is already at 100+ posts and I usually don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. But while I am here now....

Woooooooohooooooo to another White Sox Winner!!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

DarkCloudDropo
06-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Anyway, the best thing about the game today was the way the Sox fought back and fought back. Nearly everyone contributed, it was great to see.

Great comment by Lip Man about the Sox winning 11 games after being down in the 7th or later I think it was. It's been a long time since I've seen a Sox team play like this. It seems almost like a journey to Shangrila. You just stand and marvel at what you see with a big smile on your face. To know we can win even when Garcia has nothing and gives up 5 runs and arguably our weakest lineup going is not something I'm used to.

elrod
06-12-2005, 10:14 PM
This win was every bit as uplifting as yesterday's loss was depressing. Neither game was a massive come-from-behind or blown-lead. One run blown yesterday, and a two-run come-from-behind win today, so it isn't like the infamous Game Three against Cleveland. However, we could very easily have come home from this road trip 6-0. In fact, we could very easily have won 9 games in a row, if we managed to get a run home in extras against Cleveland in that last game. On one level it's frustrating to think of how many close games we didn't win. But then I am reminded of how many close games we DO win. It doesn't seem like it at the time, but we win a lot more games like this than we lose games like yesterday. And that's why we're 42-20.

Jjav829
06-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Any of you people crying over how Ozzie mismanaged last night's game want to give credit to Ozzie for a well-managed game today? I thought he pulled the right strings for the most part. The one thing that I questioned about the starting lineup was why Timo was in left and Everett in right rather than the reverse. Nonetheless, it's nice to see that Ozzie has learned that Pods is a better option in center than Timo, even though Pods wasn't exactly great in center today.

I thought Ozzie made the right moves today. I even agreed with pinch-hitting Dye - knowing he'd face Hoffman - even though I was near certain that Dye was gonna go down swinging on Hoffman's change-up. He did K, but I still thought it was worth a shot to give Dye that opportunity, hoping that Hoffman would maybe feed him a fastball or hang a change-up.

Lastly, I just want to thank the man on the left of my sig for not tagging up on Pods. Not sure what he was thinking, but thanks Khalil! Now go back to smashing the cover off the ball.

chuckn98229
06-12-2005, 11:39 PM
The testicular virility of this White Sox team is absolutely amazing!

gosox83
06-12-2005, 11:47 PM
When I found out the starting line up I thought we must have a split squad game today somewhere else with our regular players.

For us to win this game with a lot of back up guys playing is huge!

This is how teams win in October....good benches.

:worship: :rowand

GO SOX!!!!!!!!

CubsSuckSoBad
06-12-2005, 11:49 PM
In addition to white sox love, we have to extend some love to a former cub...

Hee Sop Choi homered 3 times tonight almost beating the twins by himself...

Here here for He Sop...:gulp:

This was a great series...really enjoyed it...two teams battling hard....gotta love baseball

Especially White Sox Baseball....

MERCY!!!!!:supernana: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana:

JB98
06-12-2005, 11:51 PM
When we were trailing in the mid-innings, Farmio was going on and on about how we didn't want to face Hoffman. That had me confused. Hoffman's had a great career, but he isn't exactly Eric Gagne. I knew we could get on him, although that pitch to A-Row was hardly a bad pitch. That was good hitting right there.

Vizcaino is starting to throw the ball better. I'm not giving up on him yet. I still think he's going to help us before it's all said and done.

Ozzie has to get Carl in the lineup. With a left-hander going for Arizona tomorrow, maybe we seem him in LF and Podsednik gets the day off.

BTW, about two weeks ago, some poster told me Konerko "would never make it back to .240" by the All-Star break. Well, guess what? It's June 12, and he's back to .240. Paulie will be hitting .270 by the end of the year.

Let's make a move on this homestand....

Chisox003
06-13-2005, 12:06 AM
When I found out the starting line up I thought we must have a split squad game today somewhere else with our regular players.

For us to win this game with a lot of back up guys playing is huge!

I got home a little after the game started, and I assumed that since we were still playing for the series win, we were guaranteed to see the regulars out there, and at the most, Everett in LF....

When I saw the actual lineup, I nearly puked

Again, though, how the hell can you critcize a manager (even when he makes CRAZY moves) that is 42-20...

Phil Nevin = Jackass of the week

S05X

StillMissOzzie
06-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Today's victory almost takes the edge off of last night's loss. Yesterday, the Padres got to the Sox' closer, today the Sox got to their closer.

1) A 5-1 road trip - YES!
2) Doin' it in the NL with no DH - a good sign of things to come?
3) Coming into what appears to be a soft homestand-the longest, too. I predict 9-3, and I hope that includes a sCrUB sweep!
4) Nevin and Ryno can both bite me.
5) Even Joe Morgan and Jon Miller are admitting that the wild card could come from the AL Central. Reality is seeping in!

SMO
:bandance:

fuzzy_patters
06-13-2005, 03:14 AM
I just got home from work, but it sounds like I missed one heck of a game. :) :) :) :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :) :) :)

ilsox7
06-13-2005, 03:42 AM
No way I am reading this thread. We win. 5-1.

Awesome.

SpringfldFan
06-13-2005, 09:15 AM
This is a perfect ending to a very difficult portion of the season and heading into the long homestand. Does anyone else realize that ever since the second 8 game win streak that put the Sox at 24-7, that they have played a seemingly endless string of games either at difficult opposing parks (Wrigley, Oakland, Anaheim...) and/or against red hot contenders (Ana, Tex, Balt, SD). It is incredible that they have managed a 18-13 record in that time. Now they get to feast on the reward of this long homestand!!

SFF

Sox-on-TV44
06-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Ahhh!!!Good one!!!!!

Yeah,two out of three ain't bad.And a 5-1 road trip,I'll take it!!

Frater Perdurabo
06-13-2005, 10:54 AM
In addition to bagging on the Dark Clouds, perhaps we ought to be happy at the publc service WSI's post-loss therapy threads provide! There literally must be dozens of people who have been prevented from engaging in binge drinking, drunk driving, drug abuse, spouse-beating and even suicide because they have been able to take out their frustrations in the post-loss therapy threads.

WSI - the solution to society's problems! :thumbsup: (No teal necessary! :redneck )

In any case, after a loss everyone has an idea of what so-and-so should have done in this or that situation. Besides the therapeutic effect, this spurs on more arguing about the relative merits of this alternative in this situation or that alternative in that situation. This is what drives up post counts.

In any case, EXCELLENT WIN AGAINST A GOOD (though chirpy) TEAM!
:bandance::supernana::bandance: