PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the new posters?

Iwritecode
11-15-2001, 02:14 PM
Not that it's a bad thing, but just in the last week or so it seems like we have had a lot of people making their first post on here. Is it because of the boring off-season?

Paulwny
11-15-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Not that it's a bad thing, but just in the last week or so it seems like we have had a lot of people making their first post on here. Is it because of the boring off-season?

I guess there's still a lot of off season action here while other boards may have died.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 02:31 PM
Not that it's a bad thing, but just in the last week or so it seems like we have had a lot of people making their first post on here. Is it because of the boring off-season? I think it's great to have new blood!!

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 02:49 PM
I just got a computer at home and just searched for sox sites. I couldn't get on them at work and that really bothered me.

Of all the searching I did, I liked the posts, pics, and articles here much more then the 3 other sites I saw.

Iwritecode
11-15-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
Of all the searching I did, I liked the posts, pics, and articles here much more then the 3 other sites I saw.

Although I admit to being bias, I have to agree with you.

:)

Pete Ward
11-15-2001, 05:47 PM
This is the 1st place on the net I check.

moochpuppy
11-15-2001, 06:08 PM
As most of you know I'm not new, just slightly used.

But it's good to be back home!!!!

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
As most of you know I'm not new, just slightly used.Are you sure that's not pre-owned?

moochpuppy
11-15-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Are you sure that's not pre-owned?

LOL......yeah, I'm sure. I think............

nut_stock
11-15-2001, 09:54 PM
I was just a long time lurker who finally decided to take the time to register. I think I might have been registered long ago as wsoxfan or matt_nolte.

Daver
11-15-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I was just a long time lurker who finally decided to take the time to register. I think I might have been registered long ago as wsoxfan or matt_nolte.

Another lurker revealed!

Your real name isn't George Knue is it?

raul12
11-15-2001, 09:57 PM
umm, i'm with mooch there. (oh make the horrible memories go away....i can't sleep at night............

ok, i'm fine now. alright, i'm outta here again...have to wake my ass up at 5:30 tomorrow.

Soxheads
11-15-2001, 10:02 PM
It is nice to have new people. The more th merrier. This also means there will be a need for new boards in the future which means a possible need for another moderator which means me.

The circle continues.

Daver
11-15-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
It is nice to have new people. The more th merrier. This also means there will be a need for new boards in the future which means a possible need for another moderator which means me.

The circle continues.

Keep trying Soxheads,keep trying.

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 10:05 PM

The circle continues.

Did I miss something? How does more posters = the need for a new board?

Soxheads
11-15-2001, 10:07 PM
The boards will overload with so many posts. Or you could create a new one to shut me the hell up.

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 10:09 PM
The boards will overload with so many posts.

Not really, not everyone is going to be on at the same time. But like Daver said keep trying. Wait can I say "Keep Trying"? Or does Daver have that copyrighted as well?

Daver
11-15-2001, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Not really, not everyone is going to be on at the same time. But like Daver said keep trying. Wait can I say "Keep Trying"? Or does Daver have that copyrighted as well?

Your safe on that one Jer.

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by daver
Your safe on that one Jer.

Ok good.

Soxheads
11-15-2001, 10:15 PM
Well I'm going to watch ER. See you guys and remember vote heads for test board moderator.

He's as cool as the other side of the pillow ?

Daver
11-15-2001, 10:17 PM
Well I'm going to watch ER. See you guys and remember vote heads for test board moderator.

You'll be hearing from Stuart Scott's lawyers on that one.

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 10:31 PM

Uh, tell me again why you wanna be a moderator? I don't think it's that difficult, they made CLR one.:)
I wonder what are the qualifactions of a moderator. Age? Experience? Power trip?

Oh yeah, just in case this goes of subject to parking lot material..The White Sox, uh...need more veteran pitching. Ah ha!

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I wonder what are the qualifactions of a moderator. Age? Experience? Power trip?

There is no need for mods here. There are no trolls here so no need to have someone waiting to shoot them down. The only thing a mod would do here is move posts like this to the parking lot.

CLR01
11-15-2001, 10:34 PM

Uh, tell me again why you wanna be a moderator? I don't think it's that difficult, they made CLR one.:)

LOL.....HEY!

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
LOL.....HEY!

CLR also sweeps the parking lot, that's not an easy task.

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 11:06 PM

There is no need for mods here. There are no trolls here so no need to have someone waiting to shoot them down. The only thing a mod would do here is move posts like this to the parking lot.

I know there isn need for mods here, but I was just asking what the qualifications were. Just CLR practictly is a troll. Anyone who likes Wanne is a Troll. Thats strike 1.. 2.. 3.., 3 strikes your out!

PS: That was meant as an insult CLR :

Daver
11-15-2001, 11:09 PM

I know there isn need for mods here, but I was just asking what the qualifications were. Just CLR practictly is a troll. Anyone who likes Wanne is a Troll. Thats strike 1.. 2.. 3.., 3 strikes your out!

I guess Gashwound has no chance of ever winning the pick to click contest.

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 11:11 PM

CLR also sweeps the parking lot, that's not an easy task.

Sweeps?

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 11:13 PM
Sweeps?

It's meant as a joke, like when George says he works the fryer.

:sweep

CLR01
11-15-2001, 11:13 PM

Sweeps?

Yes sweeps.

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 11:14 PM
I know there isn need for mods here, but I was just asking what the qualifications were.

I would assume you have to work here.

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by daver

I guess Gashwound has no chance of ever winning the pick to click contest.

Mmm, I wouldn't worry about that. The mighty dollar goes a long way to getting what you want. :$

GASHWOUND
11-15-2001, 11:24 PM

Oh.

$

CLR01
11-15-2001, 11:24 PM

Well i guess i could always jump on the bears bandwagon, and start smoking that blue crack rock and drinking the kool-aid you borrowed from the cubs fans but that just wouldn't be my style.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 11:31 PM

PS: That was meant as an insult CLR : CLR is a mod because he runs the Picks to Click contest. It's a lot of work and he does a great job of it. He's an excellent Sox fan. You are correct that he has bad taste in football teams, though.

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 11:33 PM

Well i guess i could always jump on the bears bandwagon, and start smoking that blue crack rock and drinking the kool-aid you borrowed from the cubs fans but that just wouldn't be my style.

Ouch! That one hurt. Bears and Scrubs should never be mentioned in the same conversation unless someone is going to have the bears rush that dump of a ball park.

JoeBatters
11-16-2001, 12:23 PM
Well this is my second post here and i think this is a cool site . Ive spent my time posting ummmmmmm else where . I'll be here from now on . So i dont really consider myself NEW , just traded .

FarWestChicago
11-16-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by WASP
Well this is my second post here and i think this is a cool site . Ive spent my time time posting ummmmmmm else where . I'll be here from now on . So i dont really consider myself NEW , just traded . I hope you weren't traded for the dreaded "player to be named later"! :smile:

Soxheads
11-16-2001, 12:29 PM
Im probably the one to be traded later.

Iwritecode
11-16-2001, 12:39 PM
Well this is my second post here and i think this is a cool site . Ive spent my time posting ummmmmmm else where . I'll be here from now on . So i dont really consider myself NEW , just traded .

I still post elsewhere. As do a few other posters here.

I think I've already given too much information away...

JoeBatters
11-16-2001, 12:40 PM
No , My contract fell thru in arbitration <sp> , lol . I''ll still post there but this is by far much much much , BETTER ! I was blinded once but now i see . God that was bad !

Iwritecode
11-16-2001, 12:43 PM

Is this story posted on the site somewhere? If not, some of these guys aren't going to have any idea who French Fry Boy is or how he got his name...

JoeBatters
11-16-2001, 12:44 PM
Iwritecode says " I still post elsewhere. As do a few other posters here.

I think I've already given too much information away... "

Information we need z information !
No not really , No witch hunt here !

Iwritecode
11-16-2001, 12:51 PM
Iwritecode says " I still post elsewhere. As do a few other posters here.

I think I've already given too much information away... "

Information we need z information !
No not really , No witch hunt here !

Hey WASP, here's a helpful tip for ya. When you want to include another post in your message, just click "quote". It's right above the "reply" button. Then it's formats it all nice and neat for you. (See above).

JoeBatters
11-16-2001, 01:01 PM

Hey WASP, here's a helpful tip for ya. When you want to include another post in your message, just click "quote". It's right above the "reply" button. Then it's formats it all nice and neat for you. (See above).

Cool , thanks and i owe ya a beer ! :beer

Iwritecode
11-16-2001, 01:08 PM

Cool , thanks and i owe ya a beer ! :beer

Ah... very nice, you're getting the hang of things.

Only 10 more posts and you'll be a regular! Only a few thousand posts away from taking Jerry's title of most posts.

ma-gaga
11-16-2001, 02:45 PM
For Iwritecode - WSI Management structure.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2357

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3807

Iwritecode
11-16-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2357

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3807

That helps. I was just wondering if anyone had written up a neat little story or something as to how the names came about. I know it began at Rivals because PHG made "about as much as the guy who works the fryer at McDonalds" or something like that.
Then FWC talked about his day-old paper and coffee that tastes like dirt.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 04:40 PM
Is this story posted on the site somewhere? If not, some of these guys aren't going to have any idea who French Fry Boy is or how he got his name...

Code I'm not sure I even know how George got the name. Usually I have a good memory but I guess that is not the case.

FarWestChicago
11-16-2001, 04:44 PM
I know it began at Rivals because PHG made "about as much as the guy who works the fryer at McDonalds" or something like that.That's pretty much it.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

Thanks Ma-Gaga damn I posted in those threads and I didn't remember, damn my memory is going and I'm only 17.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 04:46 PM
Only a few thousand posts away from taking Jerry's title of most posts.

It's always good to set a goal for yourself.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-16-2001, 07:47 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had written up a neat little story or something as to how the names came about. I know it began at Rivals because PHG made "about as much as the guy who works the fryer at McDonalds" or something like that.
Then FWC talked about his day-old paper and coffee that tastes like dirt.

This story is one of the Clubhouse's longest-running inside jokes. Last year, somebody asked how much I was making from all the pop-up advertisements Rivals was flooding onto everyone's computer. I joked that once you factored in the hours per month I put into maintaining the site, the hourly wage was less than a french fry boy's at McDonald's. I remember also saying I had it better, because I punched my own schedule and never smelled of cooking grease.

Things just mushroomed from there. West is the security guard, Manuel is working the counter, CLR picks up trash in the parking lot, etc. It's been going on now for well over a year.

It's an inside joke just amongst us girls. The only place you can get in on the story is reading the posts here on the Sox Clubhouse board. Think of it as our secret handshake.

Just like any low-quality fast food joint, it's not wise to piss off the guy who is cooking your meal.

Daver
11-16-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This story is one of the Clubhouse's longest-running inside jokes. Last year, somebody asked how much I was making from all the pop-up advertisements Rivals was flooding onto everyone's computer. I joked that once you factored in the hours per month I put into maintaining the site, the hourly wage was less than a french fry boy's at McDonald's. I remember also saying I had it better, because I punched my own schedule and never smelled of cooking grease.

Things just mushroomed from there. West is the security guard, Manuel is working the counter, CLR picks up trash in the parking lot, etc. It's been going on now for well over a year.

It's an inside joke just amongst us girls. The only place you can get in on the story is reading the posts here on the Sox Clubhouse board. Think of it as our secret handshake.

Just like any low-quality fast food joint, it's not wise to piss off the guy who is cooking your meal.

Watch out folks,threats from FFB

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 07:51 PM

:(:

Let the record show I don't like the rotating smiley when it is used in a scroll either. As for this post, I like inside jokes.

CLR01
11-16-2001, 08:29 PM

It's an inside joke just amongst us girls.

Did i miss something or was that Mrs. PHG using PHG's name?

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 08:30 PM
Did i miss something or was that Mrs. PHG using PHG's name?

Nope it was George as far as I could tell.