PDA

View Full Version : CWS Super Regionals

buehrle4cy05
06-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Watching the FSU vs. FLA game, and Florida looks real good. They hit 4 dingers last night off of FSU's ace. Anybody else watching another Super Regional? And if anybody saw last night's game, did Ruari O'Connor play?

Viva Medias B's
06-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I've been watching bits and pieces of them. Did anyone catch the real bizarre ending of the CSF-ASU game Friday night? With the winning run on third base and an intentional walk being issued, the ASU pitcher was called for a balk on ball four.

The Racehorse
06-11-2005, 10:47 PM
They hit 4 dingers last night off of FSU's ace.

Don't you mean 4 pingers?

:)

buehrle4cy05
06-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't you mean 4 pingers?

:)

:bandance:Love the ping.

AZChiSoxFan
06-13-2005, 05:33 PM
I've been watching bits and pieces of them. Did anyone catch the real bizarre ending of the CSF-ASU game Friday night? With the winning run on third base and an intentional walk being issued, the ASU pitcher was called for a balk on ball four.

What a joke that call was. Let me say that I fully realize that ASU would have lost the game anyway (it would have been bases loaded no outs) but that's a separate issue in my mind. Most baseball fans have never seen that called, and ASU has had it called on them now twice in the last 3 years. College baseball umpiring leaves PLENTY to be desired. Those guys make Hunter Wendelstadt look like a great ump. The pitch that ended the Nebraska - Miami Super Regional was a good 12-18 inches off the played and called for a strike. Nebraska was going to win either way, but it was a terrible call.

elrod
06-13-2005, 05:49 PM
I just can't believe how good the records of these teams are. Oregon State is 55-10. USC, Arizona, and Arizona State were also great out of the Pac 10. Does that mean a bunch of Pac 10 schools were 20-40? Or did they beat up on podunk state junior college to pad their records?

NonetheLoaiza
06-13-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm hoping ASU can make the major upset and beat Nebraska. I'd love to see them advance in the CWS.

That ASU series was good though. ASU came back from 7-2 in the third game; it was a good one.

duke of dorwood
06-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Go Gators-made it thru the most difficult regional.

AZChiSoxFan
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I just can't believe how good the records of these teams are. Oregon State is 55-10. USC, Arizona, and Arizona State were also great out of the Pac 10. Does that mean a bunch of Pac 10 schools were 20-40? Or did they beat up on podunk state junior college to pad their records?

ummmmm.....neither. While filling up your schedule with patsies is somewhat common in college baseball, this is not the case for ASU. First of all, ASU's record was not that good, only 39-23. The reason it was not that good was due to their schedule. Out of conference this year, they played Long Beach, Tulane, Oklahoma, Baylor, LSU, North Carolina, East Carolina and non-conf games with Oregon St and Arizona. That's the reason that ASU's strenght of schedule is rated as the 8th most difficult in the nation. For reference, Nebraska's is in the 60's or 70's. Only 9 teams in the PAC play baseball (no team at Oregon) and two were very bad teams (UCLA and Wash St). The other 7 all had winning records.