PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Rotation

FloridaSox
06-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Way too early to talk about this, but what the heck..We will need 4 starters for the playoffs given the travel dates.

Which starter does Ozzie move to the bullpen? El Duque has by far the highest ERA of any starter but his arm and age do not seem right for bullpen duty? Contrearas has worked otu of bullpen before, but he he has the best of ERA of our starters? Poor Ozzie--the wealth of riches.

ilsox7
06-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Way too early to talk about this, but what the heck..We will need 4 starters for the playoffs given the travel dates.

Which starter does Ozzie move to the bullpen? El Duque has by far the highest ERA of any starter but his arm and age do not seem right for bullpen duty? Contrearas has worked otu of bullpen before, but he he has the best of ERA of our starters? Poor Ozzie--the wealth of riches.

You're right, it is way too early to talk about this. It's June. Lots happens between June and October.

ShoelessJoeS
06-11-2005, 04:27 PM
all i know is that buerhle and garcia should be 1-2, after that i think its up for grabs at this point

JRIG
06-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Whomever isn't injured by that time will be the starting 4.

There's a good chance sometime between now and then somebody will get hurt. If not, it's a good problem to have.

NonetheLoaiza
06-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I would think that they would have El Duque in the rotation with his playoff pitching experience. And IIRC, he has been dominant in the playoffs. However, it IS way too early to just assume the playoffs will be mad. Let's hope everyone stays healthy and the Sox make a good run.

ShoelessJoeS
06-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I would think that they would have El Duque in the rotation with his playoff pitching experience. And IIRC, he has been dominant in the playoffs. However, it IS way too early to just assume the playoffs will be mad. Let's hope everyone stays healthy and the Sox make a good run.
i see where you are coming from but that was YEARS ago and a lot has changed with the duke, well see if he can manage a full season first

lukesappling
06-11-2005, 04:44 PM
At this point I would like the lineup to be...
Buehrle
Hernandez
Garcia
Garlanda
Contreras

We will only need three or four, depending on how it goes, but I would say this is the "depth" chart.

Unregistered
06-11-2005, 04:52 PM
i see where you are coming from but that was YEARS ago and a lot has changed with the duke, well see if he can manage a full season first
Years ago? Duque pitched a solid game in the ALCS last year and left the game with the lead before the BoSox beat up the Yankees bullpen for the comeback win.

ShoelessJoeS
06-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Years ago? Duque pitched a solid game in the ALCS last year and left the game with the lead before the BoSox beat up the Yankees bullpen for the comeback win.
sorry, i was trying to make a point that hes been injury prone these past couple years and well see what happens at the end of the season. and that when he was in his prime, he was untouchable, but like i said...that was years ago

Jjav829
06-11-2005, 05:10 PM

You're right, it's way too early to talk about this. So let's not.

DumpJerry
06-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Agreed. Get the mothballs out until we clinch.

RallyBowl
06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
:threadsucks

JB98
06-11-2005, 05:37 PM

Totally agree. Declaring yourself a playoff team in June is Cub-like. Let's just worry about beating the Padres right now.

White Sox Josh
06-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Which starter does Ozzie move to the bullpen? El Duque has by far the highest ERA of any starter but his arm and age do not seem right for bullpen duty? Contrearas has worked otu of bullpen before, but he he has the best of ERA of our starters? Poor Ozzie--the wealth of riches.Contreras. Remember El Duque is at his best in October.