PDA

View Full Version : Cubs/Red Sox Fox broadcast...

illinibk
06-11-2005, 03:31 PM
It's only the top of the first inning, and I feel like I need to take a shower just listening to these guys fellate the Cubs, Red Sox, their fans, and especially Wrigleyville and Wrigley Field. This is just disgusting.

The Critic
06-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm not disgusted by it because I didn't expect anything else.
It IS, after all, the first time the Red Sox have visited Chicago since the 1918 World Series....oh wait....you mean they play at USCF every year??? REALLY???

Hitmen77
06-11-2005, 03:47 PM
It's only the top of the first inning, and I feel like I need to take a shower just listening to these guys fellate the Cubs, Red Sox, their fans, and especially Wrigleyville and Wrigley Field. This is just disgusting.

Just do like I do and DON'T WATCH IT.

On the other hand, it is convenient for me to have a few "watchdogs" here to report back on outrageousness of the the media Cubs orgy. It sort of like that old "What Bob Said" column in the Chicago Reader from years ago who read Bob Greene for us so we don't have to.

TaylorStSox
06-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Masochism at it's finest.

cheeses_h_rice
06-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I turned it on while eating a late breakfast with my dog by my side, since there was nothing else on. As soon as I heard Jeannie Zelasko, Steve Lyons, etc. etc. start in with the curse horsecrap I knew I wasn't in for long.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the Cubs "world famous" just for losing, and losing consistently? I can't think of much else they have going for them.

ShoelessJoeS
06-11-2005, 04:01 PM
uh oh....here it comes:chunks

RKMeibalane
06-11-2005, 06:09 PM
To echo something Nellie said earlier in the season, why are people watching Cubs games?

shoota
06-12-2005, 06:01 AM

As I read your post, I came across a word (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fellate) I didn't know the meaning of. I then decided to look up its meaning. Reading the definition was a shocker. It's been added to my vocabulary.

Clembasbal
06-12-2005, 11:30 AM
The annoucners did say "The White Sox are the best team in baseball!" And that the "Cubs fans probably don't want to hear this, but it is true."

Then I turned it off because I knew that was the only intelligent thing they were going to say. This was about the 5th or 6th inning or so.