PDA

View Full Version : Garland getting props

bigdommer
06-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I listened to the game on XM radio last night, and the Padres guys were doing the game (I enjoyed them by the way). But the way they were talking about Garland, you would have thought he was a love child between Cy Young and Nolan Ryan. It was nice to see him get props from others in the media, instead of the same old ESPN/sabermetric response of "he's never done this before, his luck will runt out." The Padres' announcers kept talking about how tough he is on lefties because he comes hard in, and can locate the change away. They thought it was impossible to hit him, and the Pads proved that for a while.

rwcescato
06-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I listened to the game on XM radio last night, and the Padres guys were doing the game (I enjoyed them by the way). But the way they were talking about Garland, you would have thought he was a love child between Cy Young and Nolan Ryan. It was nice to see him get props from others in the media, instead of the same old ESPN/sabermetric response of "he's never done this before, his luck will runt out." The Padres' announcers kept talking about how tough he is on lefties because he comes hard in, and can locate the change away. They thought it was impossible to hit him, and the Pads proved that for a while.

Thats nice to hear. Maybe he will get an all-star bid. As you look in the standings. The Sox have the best record in baseball, best road record in baseball, and the best interleague record in baseball. Consistency through and through.
Rich

harwar
06-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I watch a lot of games and i've noticed that,little by little,people around the country are starting to take the White Sox seriously.
There are still a few broadcast crews that are convinced that the twins will catch us,but they are,one by one,falling by the wayside.