PDA

View Full Version : Let's try to sell Royce

Paulwny
11-15-2001, 11:17 AM
Nobody will trade for him, let's sell him to the Japanese.

As The Newark Star-Ledger reported yesterday, the Mets are close to selling outfielder Benny Agbayani to the Yomiuri Giants in Japan. The Giants are expected to pay between $1 million and $2 million for Agbayani, a Bobby Valentine favorite who hit .277 this season.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 11:19 AM
You may be on to something here. You know a few yen could turn Reinsy's head.

:reinsy

What's the yen to dollar conversion rate these days?

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 11:20 AM
I would be willing to chip in for a fund to bribe Japan to take him.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
I would be willing to chip in for a fund to bribe Japan to take him. LMAO!! I'm with you. I'll warn you though, we do have a few VERY vocal Royce supporters around here. If you look here:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/vbstats.php?action=topthreads

You will see some of the longest Clubhouse threads ever were battles about Royce. :)

Paulwny
11-15-2001, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LMAO!! I'm with you. I'll warn you though, we do have a few VERY vocal Royce supporters around here. If you look here:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/vbstats.php?action=topthreads

You will see some of the longest Clubhouse threads ever were battles about Royce. :)

OH NO, I hope you don't get it restarted.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

OH NO, I hope you don't get it restarted. Oh God no!! I just didn't want a new person scared off if one of Choice's Chosen went off on him.

kermittheefrog
11-15-2001, 12:43 PM
Nobody will trade for him, let's sell him to the Japanese.

As The Newark Star-Ledger reported yesterday, the Mets are close to selling outfielder Benny Agbayani to the Yomiuri Giants in Japan. The Giants are expected to pay between $1 million and $2 million for Agbayani, a Bobby Valentine favorite who hit .277 this season.

What an insult to the Japanese. Implying that they'd actually want that loser Clayton.

fuzzy_patters
11-15-2001, 01:00 PM
Royce is older than Bobby Hill, so I'm sure the Cubs would love to have him.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-15-2001, 01:13 PM
I would be willing to chip in for a fund to bribe Japan to take him.

Welcome to WSI, Comiskey. Fortunately for you, Jerry Manuel already has you covered...

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/sellhigh/interchoice.jpg

I sense a brawl is about to break out!

fuzzy_patters
11-15-2001, 01:15 PM
I can't wait for Royce's first appearance as guest star on Iron Chef.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Welcome to WSI, Comiskey. Fortunately for you, Jerry Manuel already has you covered...

I sense a brawl is about to break out! LMAO!!! Let the brawl begin!!

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 02:01 PM

LMAO! That Clayton pic is too good. I'll have to figure out how to do all that here. I could have some fun with that.

I'm not a fan of Valentine at ss either. What a hack! I wouldn't mind seeing him at 2b though where he belongs. Maybe Ray's spaced out stupid ass could be good trade bait for a good starting pitcher in a packaged deal.

I'd like to see Rey Ordonez at ss.

Iwritecode
11-15-2001, 02:04 PM

That could spark a whole new arguement.

Paulwny
11-15-2001, 02:07 PM

I'm not a fan of Valentine at ss either. What a hack! I wouldn't mind seeing him at 2b though where he belongs. Maybe Ray's spaced out stupid ass could be good trade bait for a good starting pitcher in a packaged deal.

I like you already but,we are in the minority with this view.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 02:08 PM
Maybe Ray's spaced out stupid ass could be good trade bait for a good starting pitcher in a packaged deal.:ray

Hey, I'm going for 30 dingers next year!

Ray, that's the problem...

RedPinStripes
11-15-2001, 02:11 PM

I like you already but,we are in the minority with this view.

That just makes it more interesting to be a minority in this area.

Iwritecode
11-15-2001, 02:12 PM
:ray

Hey, I'm going for 30 dingers next year!

Ray, that's the problem...

:shammy

You guys are confusing me... Dingers aren't good?

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 02:14 PM

That just makes it more interesting to be a minority in this area. PHG and I have both floated the Manos at second idea a few times...along with trading Ray. There are a few of us.

Joel Perez
11-15-2001, 02:26 PM
I can't see the Sox trade Ray (not yet...). I know he's headstrong about hitting for power, but doesn't he get it? If you don't think about the power numbers, they'll come anyway.

Run Ray, Run!!!Run Ray, Run!!!

Trade/sell Clayton, and let Manos be the SS...yes, it contradicts for what I said this fall, but what the hell do I know?

czalgosz
11-15-2001, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't mind them trading Durham, if the return value was right... Of course, that leaves us without a leadoff hitter at all. If you recall, Valentin wasn't very good at the leadoff spot...

:slowswing

I've got great speed!!!

:hurt

I get on base a lot...

:versatile

I'm an ideal leadoff hitter! I've got great speed, and I can play other positions!

Kilroy
11-15-2001, 03:00 PM
I'm not a fan of Valentine at ss either. What a hack!

Watch it, Comisk. Bad-mouthing Manos around here can be bad for your health...

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Watch it, Comisk. Bad-mouthing Manos around here can be bad for your health... Huh? What board have you been on? Manos gets ripped all the time. The only guy who may get the business more is Caballo (Josh Paul doesn't count. We're talking about major league players). Now ripping on Royce can get you in trouble. The defenders of The Choice are quite vocal.

Kilroy
11-15-2001, 03:40 PM
Huh? What board have you been on? Manos gets ripped all the time. The only guy who may get the business more is Caballo (Josh Paul doesn't count. We're talking about major league players). Now ripping on Royce can get you in trouble. The defenders of The Choice are quite vocal.

You may be right. I must have just been thinking in the Clayton/Valentin context. That's when it can get ugly.

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 04:02 PM

You may be right. I must have just been thinking in the Clayton/Valentin context. That's when it can get ugly. Yeah, it does sometimes get ugly. But, does it get this ugly:

:moron

:)

Daver
11-15-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
, but what the hell do I know?

Joel I have that phrase copyrighted,you'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Paulwny
11-15-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by daver

Joel I have that phrase copyrighted,you'll be hearing from my lawyers.

I alerted my daughter and son inlaw, their ready, let me know when you want to start procedings.

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 05:34 PM

Let the record show I am Jerry_Manuel. That was one of the first graphics I made, I could do a much better version now if requested

kermittheefrog
11-15-2001, 06:59 PM

Another Ordonez lover? What is it about that guy that makes otherwise reasonable men believe he's a good player. If you want a real breakdown about how BAD Rey is at the plate look for my post here:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5010&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

CLR01
11-15-2001, 07:13 PM

Watch it, Comisk. Bad-mouthing Manos around here can be bad for your health...

No no, it is ripping on Singleton that will get you in trouble, only Daver is exempt because what the hell does he know.

duke of dorwood
11-15-2001, 07:38 PM
:hitless

Buy One

:walk

Get one free

Daver
11-15-2001, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

No no, it is ripping on Singleton that will get you in trouble, only Daver is exempt because what the hell does he know.

Hay,you ain't trying to say I'm stoopid is you?

idseer
11-15-2001, 07:59 PM
nope ... you won't get any more outta me about royce or jose!
but i WOULD like to see that royce (the savior) poster again.
i still laugh when i think about that great pic.

CLR01
11-15-2001, 08:29 PM

Hay,you ain't trying to say I'm stoopid is you?

well not intentionally, i am just echoing your own thoughts.

raul12
11-15-2001, 08:35 PM
I LOVE THE MESSICA PIC! THAT'S PURE CLASSIC STUFF!

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by raul12
I LOVE THE MESSICA PIC! THAT'S PURE CLASSIC STUFF! It is nice. Jer made it for me.

doublem23
11-15-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by idseer
nope ... you won't get any more outta me about royce or jose!
but i WOULD like to see that royce (the savior) poster again.
i still laugh when i think about that great pic.

Yeah.. I remember when I made that pic.... It was great... We have them around here somewhere. Maybe its time we busted The Choice Merchandise out again!

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Yeah.. I remember when I made that pic.... It was great... We have them around here somewhere. Maybe its time we busted The Choice Merchandise out again!

It is out, click the Keith Foulke picture on the main page.
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/RoyceChoice/jesusroyce.jpg

doublem23
11-15-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
It is out, click the Keith Foulke picture on the main page.

Ahhhh, thanks JM... Anywasy, I've been searching for the pic on the board and I found the thread!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2959&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

The False Messiah comes on post 30... It's a great thread to read, though! :)

LongDistanceFan
11-16-2001, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Another Ordonez lover? What is it about that guy that makes otherwise reasonable men believe he's a good player. If you want a real breakdown about how BAD Rey is at the plate look for my post here:

rey is the best, even tho he can't hit a lick...... you need "d".

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
rey is the best, even tho he can't hit a lick...... you need "d".

rey ordonez is no better, or worse, than clayton. Get a clue guys.

longshot7
11-16-2001, 03:31 AM
it's happened before...anyone remember Lyle Mouton?

LongDistanceFan
11-16-2001, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

rey ordonez is no better, or worse, than clayton. Get a clue guys. oh come now, are you going to say that royce is better than rey at ss? are you delusional? :)
i am talking about "d" and not offense.

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
oh come now, are you going to say that royce is better than rey at ss? are you delusional? :)
i am talking about "d" and not offense.

overall, they are even.

JoeBatters
11-16-2001, 02:21 PM
Mr.Clayton the original Bobblehead ! The guy is a test tube baby .
his secong -half batting does not make up for his first -half minor league hitting . If im correct this was his best year batting wise , dont count on seeing it again , i dont . At least i wouldn't want to sit thru another .125 to .200 batting preformance . Waste him ! I'd rather see Tony G. there full time . So long as he doen't bat on National tv ! lol !

RedPinStripes
11-16-2001, 03:43 PM

overall, they are even.

Ordonez has a much better arm and much more consistant bat as far as I see. I don't think he is club house cancer either.

Just look at the guy...... what a dick!! :hitless

CLR01
11-16-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WASP
Mr.Clayton the original Bobblehead ! The guy is a test tube baby .

lol, I havent heard that in awhile.

Daver
11-16-2001, 05:57 PM

Just look at the guy...... what a dick!!

:hitless

Hey I resemble that remark!

:moron

So do I,so what's so special about you?

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 06:17 PM

Ordonez has a much better arm and much more consistant bat as far as I see. I don't think he is club house cancer either.

Just look at the guy...... what a dick!! :hitless

you may want to check your facts......

FarWestChicago
11-16-2001, 06:20 PM

you may want to check your facts...... :thechoice

Thanks, BMR. idseer kind of bailed on me. It's good to know I can still count on you!

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 06:25 PM

you may want to check your facts......
claytons career BA is 15 points higher and his power numbers are MUCH better than ordonez. im not positive about the stolen base numbers but im almost sure clayton is better here too. Rey has a better arm, yes. that, to me, makes them even.

CLR01
11-16-2001, 06:28 PM

claytons career BA is 15 points higher and his power numbers are MUCH better than ordonez. im not positive about the stolen base numbers but im almost sure clayton is better here too. Rey has a better arm, yes. that, to me, makes them even.

Clayton has power numbers? Ordonez to for that matter.

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 06:32 PM

for a SS? yes he does.

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 06:35 PM

ya know, i dont even think some of you know if royce is really bad good or horrible. I think you just like to follow so you dont have to think on your own.....

CLR01
11-16-2001, 06:39 PM

ya know, i dont even think some of you know if royce is really bad good or horrible. I think you just like to follow so you dont have to think on your own.....

My god BMR, it was a joke, loosen the collar alittle will ya.

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 06:41 PM

My god BMR, it was a joke, loosen the collar alittle will ya.

i wasnt talking about you clr, i just used your quote....and i am very loose. I just know royce is not horrible.

CLR01
11-16-2001, 06:43 PM

i wasnt talking about you clr, i just used your quote....and i am very loose. I just know royce is not horrible.

Alrighty then...my bad.

Daver
11-16-2001, 06:44 PM

Well you know what they say about opinions,everyone has one and they all stink.

If I never saw Royce in a Sox uniform again it would be too soon.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Bmr31
11-16-2001, 06:47 PM

Well you know what they say about opinions,everyone has one and they all stink.

If I never saw Royce in a Sox uniform again it would be too soon.

But then again what the hell do I know?

THAT, daver, is an opinion. The facts are royce clayton is a below average starting SS. He is not horrible and he is not to blame for the sox recent troubles. Would i rather have a better SS? of course.....

Daver
11-16-2001, 06:52 PM
Would i rather have a better SS? of course.....

Now that is something we can agree on.

RedPinStripes
11-16-2001, 06:54 PM

I don't think Royce is bad. I don't think he's horrible. I don't think he's the answer for any team, although I'd rather see him at SS then Valentine , and that's not saying much. I also think he's a dick. Those are clearly my thoughts. I follow nobody.

KempersRS
11-16-2001, 06:59 PM

I don't think Royce is bad. I don't think he's horrible. I don't think he's the answer for any team, although I'd rather see him at SS then Valentine , and that's not saying much. I also think he's a dick. Those are clearly my thoughts. I follow nobody.

Bum, nice pic and all for the sig, but it's kinda big (file size). Those kind of things are rough on bandwidth for good ole Mr. West. You should probably look into shrinking it down a bit or finding something else a bit smaller.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Bum, nice pic and all for the sig, but it's kinda big (file size). Those kind of things are rough on bandwidth for good ole Mr. West. You should probably look into shrinking it down a bit or finding something else a bit smaller.

I didn't check how big it was but I believe that is a pic we have saved as a tag here on WSI.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 07:04 PM
I didn't check how big it was but I believe that is a pic we have saved as a tag here on WSI.

I checked and I was right, it was an official WSI tag.

KempersRS
11-16-2001, 07:05 PM

I checked and I was right, it was an official WSI tag.

Yes, its a tag, but some of the tags are pretty big and only supposed to be used sparingly.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 07:07 PM
Yes, its a tag, but some of the tags are pretty big and only supposed to be used sparingly.

Well if West has a problem with it he will change it.

RedPinStripes
11-16-2001, 07:07 PM
Any way to shrink it? It is kind of big. She's just too damn hot to dump so quick

KempersRS
11-16-2001, 07:11 PM

Well if West has a problem with it he will change it.

I'm just not a big fan of the huge sigs cause they take up so much space in the threads, but if its not a problem with West, then ok. I was just trying to help out the new guy with some friendly pointers. :) (Just for you Jer)

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2001, 07:17 PM
I'm just not a big fan of the huge sigs cause they take up so much space in the threads, but if its not a problem with West, then ok. I was just trying to help out the new guy with some friendly pointers. :( (Just for you Jer)

I would shrink it but I would have to save it on my server. It is easier for West, if he has a problem with it. Don't go all Daver on me Kempers with those damn smiley's.

RedPinStripes
11-16-2001, 07:35 PM

Well, It's not brittney. Just a smaller pic for now. I'll find another hot babe to post later. Until then, I'll just stick to a baseball frame of mind for a sig

Daver
11-16-2001, 07:43 PM

Well, It's not brittney. Just a smaller pic for now. I'll find another hot babe to post later. Until then, I'll just stick to a baseball frame of mind for a sig

How about this?

Paulwny
11-16-2001, 07:49 PM

How about this?

Let me guess, Mrs. Ted Nugent

Daver
11-16-2001, 07:51 PM

Let me guess, Mrs. Ted Nugent

Shemane herself.She can pull a hundred pound bow too.