PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey renovations

irish rover
11-15-2001, 10:22 AM
Not sure if others have talked about this but I received my season ticket renewal and in it, it had photos of the renovations for next year, looks pretty cool especially the club level

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 11:18 AM
Well, I would say welcome to WSI since it's your first post. But, I see you have been around for a while. Ahhh, what the hell, Welcome to WSI!!

I'll leave your question to the others. Living on the Left Coast puts a crimp in Sox season ticket plans. :)

irish rover
11-15-2001, 11:23 AM
since the Chicagopsorts.com board turned to crap in the later part of '00, I've been hanging out here,http://www.worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@132.FhqgcozcpF8^44@.ee8c26b. Sorry to hear you are out west I used to live in San Diego

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
Sorry to hear you are out west I used to live in San Diego Oh, it's not that bad. I've been out here for over 20 years.

Iwritecode
11-15-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Oh, it's not that bad. I've been out here for over 20 years.

Listen to you. "It's not that bad."
Mr. Icanwearshorts365daysayear. While the rest of us freeze our butts off during these damn mid-western winters.

:)

Although it is supposed to get up to 70 today. It is November right? Screwy weather...

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Listen to you. "It's not that bad."
Mr. Icanwearshorts365daysayear. While the rest of us freeze our butts off during these damn mid-western winters. You missed the best part. I am Mr. Nodamndedhumidityduringthesummer. I absolutely hated the ol' 95/95 days with a passion! You gotta remember, AC wasn't very prevalent when I grew up, LOL!

Iwritecode
11-15-2001, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You missed the best part. I am Mr. Nodamndedhumidityduringthesummer. I absolutely hated the ol' 95/95 days with a passion! You gotta remember, AC wasn't very prevalent when I grew up, LOL!

Two words: You suck.

Two more words: I'm jealous.

That's it, pack your bags kids, we're moving to the left coast!

HootieMcBoob
11-15-2001, 06:41 PM
is there a way you could scan those pictures in and post them here? I wanna know what it'll look like next year...

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
is there a way you could scan those pictures in and post them here? I wanna know what it'll look like next year...

Here is the new batters eye. This photo was released when the changes were announced.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/sellhigh/renovation2.jpg

duke of dorwood
11-15-2001, 07:28 PM
Anyone know why the great club level seats are being covered? I thought that was included in this years renovation. I asked them about the web cam, like last year, they said there were no plans right now

Soxheads
11-15-2001, 07:52 PM
Great midwest weather today. Probably the last one of the year too.....

nut_stock
11-15-2001, 08:59 PM
They are not covering the seats in the club level. They are merely enclosing the club level concourse so they can lay carpeting and install AC.

Railsplitter
11-15-2001, 09:57 PM
Lokks like a good thing. Be funnt if birds start nesting in the trees, though.

irish rover
11-16-2001, 11:52 AM
this is a part of renovations that is on the site, those looking for a place to hold a conference or meeting Comiskey is the place for you

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011116_confcen ter_news&team_id=cws

ihatethecubs
11-17-2001, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
this is a part of renovations that is on the site, those looking for a place to hold a conference or meeting Comiskey is the place for you

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011116_confcen ter_news&team_id=cws

its funny how they can fit stupid crap like that in the park but the ramps are left outside of the park

nut_stock
11-17-2001, 10:16 AM
I supppose they could enclose the ramps with that blue reflective glass. ( if so they better install AC in the ramps)

ExSoxFan
11-17-2001, 10:56 AM
Hello, everyone!

Don't let the ID fool you - I may be an "Ex" Sox fan, but I'm not a hater. I just REEEEEEEALLY hate Uncle Jerry for tearing down the REAL Comiskey Park, blowing up the World Series, and then signing Joey Belle!

So I defected to the "Other Side", but as I said, I'm not a hater. I do enjoy some good-natured arguments, though, so....
llllllet's get ready to rummmmblllllle!

Until the Sox decide to tear down that horrific upper deck and redesign it to look like a ballpark, instead of a spaceship, I'm not interested in hearing about renovations!

...fire when ready.... :)

FarWestChicago
11-17-2001, 12:17 PM
Well, Ex, you're certainly welcome to hang out here if you want. Hell, everybody hates Reinsy. But, this is a No Troll Zone. Vic is a Flubs fan, but he's here to talk baseball, not promote the Flubs. So, if you want to talk baseball, have at it. But, please don't post Flubs propaganda. :smile:

Chisox_cali
11-17-2001, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob

Dont know if these are the same pictures the rover got but...

http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/projects/comiskey1.htm

ExSoxFan
11-18-2001, 11:05 AM
No, no, FarWest, I'm no Cub propagandist!
Besides, like my profile shows, I was a 24-year Sox fan before Uncle Jerry chased me away! The Sox are one sale away from getting me back - and a new upper deck wouldn't hurt the cause, either!
I like to talk baseball, and to have a little fun, and that's what I'll do here!

:R&R

FarWestChicago
11-18-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ExSoxFan
Besides, like my profile shows, I was a 24-year Sox fan before Uncle Jerry chased me away! The Sox are one sale away from getting me backIf only Reinsy would sell. Alas, I think he enjoys torturing us too much.

ExSoxFan
11-18-2001, 08:43 PM
Yeah, if only the Dodgers never left Brooklyn, maybe he'd have bought THEM instead!

Oh, to dream...

:harry&jimmy

Now THIS announce team was an event all by themselves!

FarWestChicago
11-18-2001, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ExSoxFan
Now THIS announce team was an event all by themselves! LOL!! That's the truth. :smile: