PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Searching at the Cell

kevingrt
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
What are the chances during an off day or when the Sox are out of town I coudl go to the Cell and take one of the hundreds of blue seats they have piled up on the east side of the cell? I always wanted to take one and put it in my house or something. It'd be sweet memorabilia, but I have been afraid of getting arrested or ticketed or something for garbage searching.

Just wondered if any of you guys have done it or is it worth taking the risk. Despite the fact that I hate the blue, it'd be pretty sweet to have a old upper deck seat.

SaltyPretzel
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd just wait until after this season since they're all going to be replaced and should be pretty easy to get.

Mickster
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
What are the chances during an off day or when the Sox are out of town I coudl go to the Cell and take one of the hundreds of blue seats they have piled up on the east side of the cell? I always wanted to take one and put it in my house or something. It'd be sweet memorabilia, but I have been afraid of getting arrested or ticketed or something for garbage searching.

Just wondered if any of you guys have done it or is it worth taking the risk. Despite the fact that I hate the blue, it'd be pretty sweet to have a old upper deck seat.

I doubt you would be arrested for garbage searching. Theft on the other hand....

MIgrenade
06-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Garbage picking is legal. But in this situation the Sox are probably going to sell some or all of the seats so then it's stealing...and you might be trespassing...which is also bad.
I say go for it!

cheeses_h_rice
06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Those seats are in a fenced off area, so yeah, you could be arrested for trespassing and theft.

My suggestion is to simply write the White Sox and make an inquiry about the availability of the seats for sale.

Madvora
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM

Ha! I thought of the same thing the first time I saw those over there.
Keep us informed if you're able to pull of a heist.

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2005, 02:04 PM
When they took out the UD seats they put them up for sale. Season ticket holders got first crack, and IIRC they snapped them all up. I'd expect these will go on sale at some point. I'm a little surprised that they haven't already.

Jerko
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
If you're searching for blue garbage at the Cell, there should be some there June 24-26.

cheeses_h_rice
06-10-2005, 02:19 PM
If you're searching for blue garbage at the Cell, there should be some there June 24-26.

:gulp: :thumbsup:

whtsx1959
06-10-2005, 02:23 PM
It makes me mad that they will probably sell the seats for quite alot, then any they don't sell they will throw away. It happened with the Soldier Field seats.

I_Liked_Manuel
06-10-2005, 02:44 PM
there's only one way to find out whether or not you'll get caught

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-10-2005, 02:48 PM
The seats outside of the Cell are all broken, so they may never go on sale. The ones that were actually complete were all sold to season ticket holders last season, and they sold out quickly. I remember there were a lot of complaints on this board about how the Sox handled the sale of seats.