PDA

View Full Version : metrodome

DoggPhood
06-10-2005, 11:16 AM
what's hawk's (or whoever's) nickname for the metrodome? i forgot and it is killing me!

thanks!

I want Mags back
06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Hawk-the twinky dome

Chris Berman-The Homer Dome

Irishsox1
06-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I believe Ditka called it the Roller Dome. As in Rollerskates.

J Co
06-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I've also heard it called the Humpdome (short fro HH Humphery Metrodome)

Iwritecode
06-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Baggy-dome is another common nickname...

I want Mags back
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Baggy-dome is another common nickname...

ohh yeah, forgot that

The Racehorse
06-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I call it the Humpty Dump...

... after calling it a turd.

chisoxmike
06-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I call it the garbage dome

White Sox Josh
06-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I call it the Crap Dome.

SoxFanSince67
06-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Regardless what you call it, it had to be the absolute worse place I've been to watch a baseball game. But, the visit to this hell-hole was sweet with a Sox victory.

grizzbr
06-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately, as a transplanted SOX fan, I've seen games at the dump too often. It is indeed the worst ballpark in the majors. They turn the a/c up when the Twinks are batting and off when the opposition steps to the plate.

The interesting thing up here is that the locals actually like the place. They think it's cool when a fly ball is lost in the lights or a fair ball hits a speaker or their team hits a little league homer off the "baggie" in right field..

I hate the team, the fans and the park... just contract them and get it over with!

Southsider101
06-11-2005, 03:43 PM
The Metrodome is not a major league ballpark. It was essentially built by the Vikings and they get all the luxury suite and concession revenue.

Twins fans are by far the WORST MLB fans around. I've been to games which have gone to extra innings, and after the third out in the bottom of the ninth, the place empties out like a fire drill. Twink fans arrive late, leave early and are the most easily distracted fans I've ever seen. Of course the smug locals will tell you about what a great place it it - how it was built under budget for 50 million, and how Dave Kingman's ball went through one of the holes in the roof and still hasn't come down.

The metrodump has to be the only ball park where the wave is still considered hip. The Metrodome ambiance reminds me of a low budget carnival-- bring on the fat ladies, Lobster boy, and the circus geeks biting the heads off of chickens. It just fits the rube mentality of Minnesota.

LincolnSquareOz
06-12-2005, 01:26 PM
The Metrodome is not a major league ballpark. It was essentially built by the Vikings and they get all the luxury suite and concession revenue.

Twins fans are by far the WORST MLB fans around. I've been to games which have gone to extra innings, and after the third out in the bottom of the ninth, the place empties out like a fire drill. Twink fans arrive late, leave early and are the most easily distracted fans I've ever seen. Of course the smug locals will tell you about what a great place it it - how it was built under budget for 50 million, and how Dave Kingman's ball went through one of the holes in the roof and still hasn't come down.

The metrodump has to be the only ball park where the wave is still considered hip. The Metrodome ambiance reminds me of a low budget carnival-- bring on the fat ladies, Lobster boy, and the circus geeks biting the heads off of chickens. It just fits the rube mentality of Minnesota.

Sounds like paradise compared to the drunken frat boys up at the Urinal. I've never seen so many mindless apes get such a kick out of throwing empty beer cups around.

Which reminds me. I was taking the Red Line southbound last Friday when that jagbag "Whoo-Whoo" got on around the Berwyn stop. He looked like he was going to cry because no one was paying him any attention at all.

In conclusion, Dome = bad, Urinal = worse. Both = garbage.

Huisj
06-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I've heard it called the Hefty-Dome.

ShoelessJoeS
06-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I've heard it called the Hefty-Dome.
as in a hefty brand garbage bag? cuz that would be hilarious

Huisj
06-12-2005, 03:50 PM
as in a hefty brand garbage bag? cuz that would be hilarious

yup, you got it.