PDA

View Full Version : The real baseball team

paciorek1983
06-09-2005, 11:54 PM
It's so annoying and disrespectful.........

I've been working at Navy Pier at the Dodge display. Come say "hi" one of thse days guys. But anyway, at the gift shop in their two window displays, the have the cubs on one side, and........the Bulls on the other side. It's so sickening, but I think it proves time and time again who the real team of Chicago is, and who is the tourist attraction.

But here's the funny thing.......

The guys I work with are Cubs fans. When we're down at the Pier, and they want to know what the score of the Cubs game is, they are now so afraid to ask anyone who is walking around wearing Cubs stuff. Over the past few years everytime they wanted to know the score, they'd ask someone wearing cubs hats, jackets, jerseys etc., and these people had no idea. We now joke about it, and they have to go find out for themeslves somewhere else, because they know better for the most part not to ask.:D:

But it's still annoying that the team with the best record in baseball gets thier stuff shoved in the back of the store.:(:

Then I think about..will it really changed if the Sox win it all??:?:

Iguana775
06-10-2005, 12:16 AM
when they win it all.

zach074
06-10-2005, 12:20 AM

But if the Sox do win it all would you really care what other people think about them?

paciorek1983
06-10-2005, 12:39 AM
But if the Sox do win it all would you really care what other people think about them?

Well, that's tough to answer in a way. Part of winning is the recognition for doing it. If things were to stay the same afterward, I'm sure that is somethng that could still be thrown in our faces. But then again, the Sox would be World Champs, and noone can take that away.

seanpmurphy
06-10-2005, 12:39 AM

Hell no. Being Chicago's "2nd team" a White Sox championship would be only for Sox fans to enjoy.

C-Dawg
06-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Over the past few years everytime they wanted to know the score, they'd ask someone wearing cubs hats, jackets, jerseys etc., and these people had no idea.

"Hey buddy, did the Cubs win today?"
"Huh? I dunno.... Oh, it must be the World Series today, I heard something about Boston being here. Uh, I don't know who won though.... Must've been the Cubbies, though, right? Go Cubbies! Wooo!!"

Fredsox
06-10-2005, 07:31 AM

In MHO this isn't about what others think, it's about us winning the WS. The rest will take care of itself. Just remember that in the late 80's and early 90's this was more of a Sox town than a cub town, we just didn't sustain it for a variety of reasons.

I'm a firm believer that winning a WS will impact this town like nothing we've seen in our lifetimes. We are in a fabulous position to do so this year, not only because of how good we are, but because some of the other traditional powerhouses are not doing well. This is achievable this year, the Sox fate is in their own hands.

DumpJerry
06-10-2005, 08:06 AM
If I was a Flub fan, I would not want to know how they are doing in a game they are presently. That would ruin my day and ruin my giddy feelings of being a Flub fan (i.e. drunk).