PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's Restaurant

paciorek1983
06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I don't kow if anyone here remembers, but when Ozzie was a player with the Sox, he was going to open up a restaurant in Orland Park. I don't know why it didn't go through, but I hope, since he has a new contract, I'd like to see if he could get that idea going again. What do you guys think?

FloridaSox
06-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't kow if anyone here remembers, but when Ozzie was a player with the Sox, he was going to open up a restaurant in Orland Park. I don't know why it didn't go through, but I hope, since he has a new contract, I'd like to see if he could get that idea going again. What do you guys think?

I don't want the manager worrying about menu planning. Running a major league ballpark is a full-time job.

paciorek1983
06-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I don't want the manager worrying about menu planning. Running a major league ballpark is a full-time job.

He really doesn't have to have anything to do with menu planning. He just puts up the money and has his name over the door.

mike squires
06-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I think he was kidding.:)

easye726
06-09-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure if its the same one but a while back Ozzie and the former GM had a bar my Dad used to always go to.

It's closed now.

TheBull
06-09-2005, 11:33 PM

I used to manage a Blues musician out of Los Angeles that played at a restaurant/bar called the Rajun Cajun (can't remember for sure) and it was owned by Schuler and supposedly Ozzie had a piece of it as well. I saw Schuler in there a few times completely stewed. I can't find the copy of the contract, but I recall it being south of Alsip, so this could have been the place in Orland.

TheBull
06-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure if its the same one but a while back Ozzie and the former GM had a bar my Dad used to always go to.

It's closed now.

I found the copy of the contact. My guy played at the Rajun Cajun at 5714 West 159th in Oak Forrest in August of 1995. Someone else from the Sox had a piece of it with Ozzie and Schuler. Might have been Black Jack or even Farmer, but cannot remember for certain.

easye726
06-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Yup, that was it the Rajn Cajun.

My dad said he saw Schuler in there all the time, never saw Ozzie or any of the other players though.

kingpin_rcs
06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
I lived in Oak Forest right before i moved to Porltand. I lived right down the street from the Rajun Cajun. Is that place still there? I liked going to that place a lot. I did not know at the time that Ozzie was connected to it. Pretty cool.

TheOldRoman
06-10-2005, 03:31 AM
I remember it the place you speak of. It was to be where the Community Honda currently is on 159th just east of 84th, I believe. I remember my mom telling me Ozzie was supposed to open up a restaurant, but it never happened. I don't know what ever became of it.

Banix12
06-10-2005, 03:50 AM

The only food related item I remember with Ozzie were his Wendy's commercials back in the early 90's. "Biggie size it!"

Viva Medias B's
06-10-2005, 07:11 AM
IIRC, Ozzie and Schu wanted to build a restaurant called "Legends 13" at 159th Street and 84th Avenue in Orland Park. There was even a sign on the lot announcing its coming. However, it never got off the ground mainly because Orland residends north of 159th didn't want a restaurant there.

rwcescato
06-10-2005, 08:54 AM
I remember it the place you speak of. It was to be where the Community Honda currently is on 159th just east of 84th, I believe. I remember my mom telling me Ozzie was supposed to open up a restaurant, but it never happened. I don't know what ever became of it.

It should have gone through, but the village of Orland Park would not let the bar stay open past midnight I believe. Ozzie and Schueler got upset. Ozzie at the time questioned the village and told them how could I open a restuarant and not be open late enough for my fellows players to go after the games. So they canned the idea.
Rich

paciorek1983
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
It should have gone through, but the village of Orland Park would not let the bar stay open past midnight I believe. Ozzie and Schueler got upset. Ozzie at the time questioned the village and told them how could I open a restuarant and not be open late enough for my fellows players to go after the games. So they canned the idea.
Rich

Ok, now that sounds familiar. Thanks.

paciorek1983
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
IIRC, Ozzie and Schu wanted to build a restaurant called "Legends 13" at 159th Street and 84th Avenue in Orland Park. There was even a sign on the lot announcing its coming. However, it never got off the ground mainly because Orland residends north of 159th didn't want a restaurant there.

Oh yeah, I remember that sign. Thanks.

1951Campbell
06-10-2005, 09:27 AM

:jerry
"A restaurant? That's a great idea! I could tinker with the specials every night!"

gobears1987
06-10-2005, 09:29 AM
:jerry
"A restaurant? That's a great idea! I could tinker with the specials every night!"
:rolling:

I want Mags back
06-10-2005, 10:39 AM
The only food related item I remember with Ozzie were his Wendy's commercials back in the early 90's. "Biggie size it!"

Ohh. Those were funny. Wendy's had that ticket giveaway, he gave his to this kid and said " I gota work dat day"

SoxyStu
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I lived in Oak Forest right before i moved to Porltand. I lived right down the street from the Rajun Cajun. Is that place still there? I liked going to that place a lot. I did not know at the time that Ozzie was connected to it. Pretty cool.

Nope, history. That place has changed TONS of times. It's the Wild Olive now, I believe. When I was a little guy and lived in Oak Forest, I remember when it was JukeBox Saturday Night and had a cab of a car on top.

Edit: I might be mistaking it with a different place.