PDA

View Full Version : Famous (Semi-Famous) White Sox Fans ..

tony1972
06-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Richard Roeper

Mayor Daley

Noah Wyle

Laurie Metcalf (from Roseanne)

Geroge Wendt (from Cheers)

John Kass

Mandy Patankin (Dead Like Me, Chicago Hope)

Steve Dahl

Roger Ebert

Nard
06-09-2005, 11:29 PM
http://home.swipnet.se/%7Ew-10437/eze.jpg

ShoelessJoeS
06-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Richard Roeper

Mayor Daley

Noah Wyle

Laurie Metcalf (from Roseanne)

Geroge Wendt (from Cheers)

John Kass

Mandy Patankin (Dead Like Me, Chicago Hope)

Steve Dahl

Roger Ebert
has anyone actually seen any of these "sox fans" (excluding the mayor) around the park?

South Side
06-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Noah Wyle? I think he was just throwing out the first pitch.

tony1972
06-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Noah Wyle threw out the first pitch in an April Game and has worn a Sox Jersey on ER...

In the early 90's between innings..the sox used to run commercials on the scoreboard "Good Guys Wear Black" and Laurie Metcalf ran the bases in a commerical and said the thing she missed most about Chicago was going to Sox Games..

Richrad Roeper in his column has stated he's a season ticket holder and he makes funs of the Cubs..as does John Kass.

Mandy Patankin is from Hyde Park and said in an interview for the Showtime Show "Dead Like Me" that he grew up going to the Old Comiskey...

George Wendt is a die hard as is Mayor Daley...

paciorek1983
06-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I haven't seen anything lately with Goerge Wendt being at the games. I do have the video that he hosts about Old Comiskey. I remember they used to have commercials with celebs in them, they were great. It was nice to see the stars in Sox commercials. It was a start of a rebirth for the Sox that ended after the strike and during the retro ballpark craze. Oh, to get back to those early 90's.

bobelou72
06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
I Heard Steve dahl went in on Season tickets I think he went in with someone cause he was complaining that he got the Devil rays & Royals while the other guy got New York & Boston

BRDSR
06-10-2005, 01:05 AM
http://home.swipnet.se/%7Ew-10437/eze.jpg

Interesting photo. Didn't know the promos of the late 80s, early 90s were into taking pictures of their clients in mirrors. Or did you photoshop that thing backwards or something. It looks so goofy with the mirror-imaged logo.

gaelhound
06-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Noah Wyle threw out the first pitch in an April Game and has worn a Sox Jersey on ER...

In the early 90's between innings..the sox used to run commercials on the scoreboard "Good Guys Wear Black" and Laurie Metcalf ran the bases in a commerical and said the thing she missed most about Chicago was going to Sox Games..

Richrad Roeper in his column has stated he's a season ticket holder and he makes funs of the Cubs..as does John Kass.

Mandy Patankin is from Hyde Park and said in an interview for the Showtime Show "Dead Like Me" that he grew up going to the Old Comiskey...

Does anyone remember a short lived TV show. Drew Carey was a supporting player in a sitcom set in Chicago. The protagonist worked at the" Lincoln Lock Company" and was a Sox Fan. One zany plot even had a moment where the guys boss was coming to dinner, and the family was admonished not to make fun of the boss because he was a cub's fan.

Ron Karkovice
06-10-2005, 03:08 AM
The only famous people i have ever seen at a sox game were both in the late 90's. The first was when me and my dad walked by Bob Love, or something like that. My dad had to explain to me his significance. Then, one game we saw Julia Roberts in the restaurant above/behind right field. She was filming some movie.

lostletters
06-10-2005, 03:22 AM
I am surprised nobody has brought up Bernie Mac. He is really the only one that I have seen attending white sox games on a semi-regular basis. (He used to sit in the outfield, but I don't think that is the case anymore.)

Hell even when he did the 7th inning stretch at the cubs game a few years ago he blatently said he was a long-time white sox fan.

GiveMeSox
06-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Gavin Griffin from the 04 WSOP is a sox fan. He won the Pot Limit holdem event I think. He goes to ISU and wore his 83 throwback sox hat in one round.

C-Dawg
06-10-2005, 06:40 AM
I Heard Steve dahl went in on Season tickets I think he went in with someone cause he was complaining that he got the Devil rays & Royals while the other guy got New York & Boston

For several years Steve had season tickets in the Club level. It was funny; he used to talk about Carlton Fisk a lot on his show, almost to the point that he sounded like he was obsessed with Carlton! So sometimes during the games, the camera would zoom in on Steve in his section, and his face would appear on the scoreboard screen, and a few seconds later one of those "thought balloons" would appear over his head, with, you guessed it, Fisk's face in it. It was a great bit for those in the know.

Remember 1993, when Fisk was clearly on his last days with the Sox? Dahl had a scheme on the air where he was going to get the "7" and "2" Lotto balls to come and sit in his seats, as a silent protest to Fisk's demotion. I think the plan got nixxed when Rob Gallas heard about it and sent word that "mascots weren't allowed at the ballpark".

JRIG
06-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Does anyone remember a short lived TV show. Drew Carey was a supporting player in a sitcom set in Chicago. The protagonist worked at the" Lincoln Lock Company" and was a Sox Fan. One zany plot even had a moment where the guys boss was coming to dinner, and the family was admonished not to make fun of the boss because he was a cub's fan.

The late, lamented (by me), "The Good Life" with John Camponera.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-10-2005, 07:57 AM
For several years Steve had season tickets in the Club level. It was funny; he used to talk about Carlton Fisk a lot on his show, almost to the point that he sounded like he was obsessed with Carlton! So sometimes during the games, the camera would zoom in on Steve in his section, and his face would appear on the scoreboard screen, and a few seconds later one of those "thought balloons" would appear over his head, with, you guessed it, Fisk's face in it. It was a great bit for those in the know.

Remember 1993, when Fisk was clearly on his last days with the Sox? Dahl had a scheme on the air where he was going to get the "7" and "2" Lotto balls to come and sit in his seats, as a silent protest to Fisk's demotion. I think the plan got nixxed when Rob Gallas heard about it and sent word that "mascots weren't allowed at the ballpark".

I remember that - then he claimed he dumped his tickets after the WF trade. last week, IIRC, he and his son were talking about Scout Seats - they were going to the game, etc. Steve loved that everything was "included" and he thought about drinking again just to cover the cost of the seats!!

I've seen Wendt in the Stadium Club('98) and MJ in the club level. The weirdest one I ever saw though was Jeremy Piven. He looked like he was lost - I wanted to make the comment that I thought Cusack was a Cubs fan (since Piven religiously attends Cub games with Cusack), but he was with 3 people, and seriously, he looked sick, stoned, or confused. It was in the OF concourse for a Saturday day game against the A's in 2000.

SOXintheBURGH
06-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I went to a game several years ago, 98 maybe. Got my seats with my brother and when we sat down, the guy next to us was the lead singer from Counting Crows. I'm not a fan of that band so I don't know his name. He was watching the game and had a Sox hat. Wasn't Eddie Vedder a big Sox fan when Black Jack was still pitching? Wonder if he's been paying attention this year.

mrfourni
06-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Jerry Springer and his bodyguard Steve are at the games all the time, they sit in section 128 I believe.

samram
06-10-2005, 09:35 AM
The late, lamented (by me), "The Good Life" with John Camponera.

Yeah, I remember that show. I would tell friends in college about Drew Carey's TV career before he got his own show and they never believed "The Good Life" even existed.

wdelaney72
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Da Brat is a south sider and proudly displayed a Sox jersey in "The Surreal Lief"

Let's also not forget my personal all-time favorite Sox fan... Jenny McCarthy.

I believe, also, R. Kelly is a Sox fan, but he's not one we might want to be claiming.

hold2dibber
06-10-2005, 10:30 AM

Are you sure about that? I always thought he was a die-hard Cubs guy. Isn't he always at Cubs game? Wasn't he one of the original guys behind "The Bleacher Bums" play?

gobears1987
06-10-2005, 10:40 AM
at least we don't have a fan like this:

:woo-woo

Sox-on-TV44
06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I could remember on MTV's "Diary" when they had Christina Aguilera in her "Dirrty" phase (she's was sexy as hell!!!!).On that show,she was wearing a 1983 home White Sox hat.

jshanahanjr
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I think Patricia Heaton from Everbody Loves Raymond is a Sox Fan.

soxfan43
06-10-2005, 10:49 AM
The reason no one mentioned bernie mac is because in 2003 he jumped ship and was all over the place talking about the cubs.

Sox-on-TV44
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
The reason no one mentioned bernie mac is because in 2003 he jumped ship and was all over the place talking about the cubs.
Yeah,but you remember,that when he sang "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at the famous "Bartman Game",he didn't say "Root,root for the Cubbies (I feel dirty now!)",he said "Root,root for THE CHAMPS,THE CHAMPS".That's part of the whammy that hit the Scrubs an inning before Steve Bartman save our souls!!!!

CHIsoxNation
06-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Not that a lot of people would care, but I am pretty sure Kanye West is a SOX fan. He talks all the time about the southside and I am pretty sure I've caught him supporting some SOX gear here and there.

I want Mags back
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Steve Dahl

his brother, listed at WSi as Patbooyah

Mickster
06-10-2005, 11:28 AM
his brother, listed at WSi as Patbooyah

:?: You mean son, right?

I want Mags back
06-10-2005, 11:36 AM
:?: You mean son, right?

Duh. I knew that

TomBradley72
06-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Mr. Skin is a HUGE Sox fan

nug0hs
06-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Kanye West is a big White Sox fan. Also, rapper Twista is too...they are both from Chicago. I was at a game last year where Twista threw out the first pitch and he was wearing a Bo Jackson black 3rd jersey. Nancy also proceeded to play his rap music on her organ all night, which sounded a bit funny at times. Also, I saw the Rev. Jesse Jackson at a game last year.

Don't forget that this post has technically already been answered in a feature on WSI that can be found here:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Fun&Games/FamousSoxFans.htm

Unregistered
06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
There was about a 10 minute window when it was "cool" to be a Sox fan (around the time when New Comiskey opened) and you would see people like Tom Hanks at the park. Of course now it's cool to be a Cubs fan, so you're not gonna see many "celebrities" rooting for our dear Sox - unless of course they win the world series, then we'll get people like David Schwimmer and Tina Fey talking about they've been Sox fans from back when they lived in Chicago. :rolleyes:

For now, it's a cornicopia of C and D list celebrities like "that dude from Surviver: Xanadu" and "the guy who won the 2nd season of The Apprentice."

Don't confuse all celebrities wearing throwback jerseys and Sox hats for fans - they're just wearing what their stylists gave them.

Hendu
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Then, one game we saw Julia Roberts in the restaurant above/behind right field. She was filming some movie.

I think the movie was "My Best friend's Wedding" also starring Cameron Diaz and released in 1997.

TDog
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM

In the early 90's between innings..the sox used to run commercials on the scoreboard "Good Guys Wear Black" and Laurie Metcalf ran the bases in a commerical and said the thing she missed most about Chicago was going to Sox Games.....

I had no idea who she was. Still the only place I've ever seen her was that commercial. But I thought that was a great ad series. My favorite featured Sox fan John Astin (star of the "Addams Family") as Gomez Addams playing with his trains. One train carried baseballs with logos of the AL West teams on a collision course with a White Sox train.

I would love for the Sox to dig up those commercials, but I miss Sox games in Alaska.

soxfanreggie
06-10-2005, 01:23 PM
BJ Armstrong of the Bulls sat by me one game. I heard MJ was a Sox fan...but then again, aren't most people fans of the team they play for.

J Co
06-10-2005, 01:28 PM
She's not really a Sox fan, but I saw Madonna at a game in the early 90s when she was in town making a movie (that women's baseball league movie). She seemed to be pretty into the game and was jumping up and down when Robin Ventura hit a homerun.

soxgirl617
06-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I saw John Shea (actor....if you don't recognize his name, I am sure you'd recognize his face) three or four times at games in 1990 (Old Comiskey, of course). Twice I saw him arrive in a limo, which is not very "Sox-like", but he was sitting with the "regular" fans and seemed really into the games.

TommyJohn
06-10-2005, 01:43 PM
I saw John Shea (actor....if you don't recognize his name, I am sure you'd recognize his face) three or four times at games in 1990 (Old Comiskey, of course). Twice I saw him arrive in a limo, which is not very "Sox-like", but he was sitting with the "regular" fans and seemed really into the games.
John Shea. The actor who was Lex Luthor in the good-to-excerable series
"Lois and Clark."

mmmmmbeeer
06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Here in Tulsa we get a morning radio show out of Jacksonville, FL, called "The Lex and Terry Show". Great show, but one of their weekly deals is to speak with a guy named Mr. Skin who runs mrskin.com. He's from Chicago and a big Sox fan. He's given many shout-outs to the Sox when he's been on the air.

kevingrt
06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Steve Dahl I've seen at the park on occasion and he always talks about the Sox on his show of WCKG. Pretty entertaining show too, go to it when MJK are on break.

wilburaga
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I remember a special on the Marx brothers in which it said that Chico had the unfortunate combo of being both a compulsive gambler and a White Sox fan.

W

Realist
06-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I think Patricia Heaton from Everbody Loves Raymond is a Sox Fan.

Where did you hear that?

I know the great actor John C. Reilly (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000604/)'s brother is a huge Sox fan, but I don't know if John is. I believe they're from Mt. Greenwood.

Robin Tunney (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000677/) is a Sox fan. Her brother is a friend of mine.

skottyj242
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Where did you hear that?

I know the great actor John C. Reilly (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000604/)'s brother is a huge Sox fan, but I don't know if John is. I believe they're from Mt. Greenwood.

Robin Tunney (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000677/) is a Sox fan. Her brother is a friend of mine.

They're either from Mt. Greenwood or Evergreen, I know they both went to Brother Rice.

White Sox Josh
06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Dan McNeil
Carmern DeFalco
Dan Jiggets
Steve Jaust (Writer for the Cubune)
Dan Bernstein
Bernie Mac (He made sure to include references to the White Sox in Mr. 3000.)
John Cussack (read in a cubune article that he likes the Sox but roots for both teams)

OzzieBall2005
06-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Can't forget this guy.....

http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/pargo_040513.jpg

South Side
06-10-2005, 05:09 PM
They're either from Mt. Greenwood or Evergreen, I know they both went to Brother Rice.

They went to Rice but they're actually from Midway.

South Side
06-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Dan McNeil
Carmern DeFalco
Dan Jiggets
Steve Jaust (Writer for the Cubune)
Dan Bernstein
Bernie Mac (He made sure to include references to the White Sox in Mr. 3000.)
John Cussack (read in a cubune article that he likes the Sox but roots for both teams)

What were the references? I've seen the movie but I missed them.

White Sox Josh
06-10-2005, 05:30 PM
What were the references? I've seen the movie but I missed them.Mac talked about how he used to sit in the Bleachers at Old Comiskey Park and watched the Sox.

BlackSox
06-10-2005, 05:52 PM
They went to Rice but they're actually from Midway.

Yeah, John lived somewhere around 65th & Homan.

Does another Rice alum count as a celebrity: Jim Zulevic?

BeviBall!
06-10-2005, 06:54 PM
at least we don't have a fan like this:

:woo-woo

We used to... he was a lot heavier and louder though.

Hendu
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM

Huh? I thought Cusak was the poster boy for flubs fans. Seems like every time they have a flubs game televised nationally, Cusak is there.

ShoelessJoeS
06-10-2005, 09:31 PM
What were the references? I've seen the movie but I missed them.
i think he said "growing up as a boy on the south side of chicago" 3000 times in that movie

hsnterprize
06-10-2005, 09:51 PM
I am surprised nobody has brought up Bernie Mac. He is really the only one that I have seen attending white sox games on a semi-regular basis. (He used to sit in the outfield, but I don't think that is the case anymore.)

Hell even when he did the 7th inning stretch at the cubs game a few years ago he blatently said he was a long-time white sox fan.Well, we've definitely run Bernie Mac over the coals for not only singing at Wrigley (more than likely because his show, "The Bernie Mac Show" is on the Fox network, and he was promoting the show since the '03 NLCS was on Fox TV), but for also publicly saying "the Sox can go to hell", and "being a Sox fan is like being with an ugly girl who gives good sex."

In fairness to him, he did express sadness over the Sox giving up a first place lead in the A.L. Central in '03 before the Cubs won their division, but he was in FULL Cub regalia when he went to Wrigley for game 7 of that series, and he even said, "...so let's root, root, root for the CHAMPS...CHAMPS!!!" while singing the 7th inning stretch.

So as far as I'm concerned, if he wants to get back into good graces with us diehard Sox fans, he's got some 'splainin' to do about his comments in 2003.

hsnterprize
06-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Also, I saw the Rev. Jesse Jackson at a game last year.

I really don't know if Rev. Jackson is a Sox fan or not. He may seem like it, but in '03 during the NLCS, he was featured on a local newscast saying "How do you spell belief...C-U-B-S."

He was one of those "bandwagoners" just like every other wanna-be-seen person at that time. He was also one of those "we must support both teams" kind of folks back then, too. Whether he's repented of such thinking, I don't know.

hsnterprize
06-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Carmern DeFalco...
Bernie Mac (He made sure to include references to the White Sox in Mr. 3000.)...
John Cussack (read in a cubune article that he likes the Sox but roots for both teams)...I can DEFINITELY vouch for DeFalco. He and I went to college together, and I remember days when we would host whatever sports-talk radio show was coming out of Columbia College back in the mid-to-late 90's, that he and I would spar off with a couple of Cubs fans whenever the baseball seasom was going on. I still remember Marc Carmen (Cub fan) flipping me the bird when I told him about something the Cubs were doing wrong. He didn't have an answer for me with his lips, so he let his right, middle digit do the talking. Hilarious to say the least.

With Mac in "Mr. 3000", he said he originally wanted to film that movie at the Cell, but the Sox wouldn't let him for some reason. He then turned to the Cubs, who gave him a ceremonious rejection, too. That's why he ended up making the movie in Milwaukee.

As for Cusack, it's not too suprising he wants to "root for both teams". That is...unless the Cubs are in the spotlight or he's making another crappy movie and he's trying to get an audience to waste their money in seeing it. He certainly ain't that way when it comes to politics...he's a DEMOCRAT all the way. He was at the 2000 Al Gore presidential rally here in town, and I covered it for a radio station I was working for. Any more passion out of him while he was introducing acts, and you'd think HE was running for president that year.

Wsoxmike59
06-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Are you sure about that? I always thought he was a die-hard Cubs guy. Isn't he always at Cubs game? Wasn't he one of the original guys behind "The Bleacher Bums" play?

George Wendt is most definitely a Sox fan, he grew up in the Beverly neighborhood. I've met George's brother Tom on several occasions and he is a die hard Sox fan too.

Someone earlier mentions that George narrates and hosts a program/tape that commemorated 80 years of Old Comiskey Park, and he tells a great story about his dad pulling him out of school to attend the 1959 World Series in defiance of the schools' nuns.

George told his father at the game that he couldn't believe his old man defied the nuns and took him to the game anyway! George's father said something to the effect of..."kid, a moment like this may not ever come this way again"

guillen4life13
06-11-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't mean to be offensive when I write this, and I'll say right now that I didn't read the whole thread. There have been numerous threads similar to this that have been made.

I kind of think it's a little pathetic that we find it so important to find out which celebrities are Sox fans.

Again, I mean no offense, but I don't understand what the big deal about it is, to the point of at least three threads like this having been made that I can remember of the top of my head.

edit: I don't blame the threadstarter at all. He is relatively new so wouldn't have known about the previous threads. BTW, a belated welcome to the boards from me.

irish rover
06-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Joel Daly, retired anchor from Ch 7

I heard once Paula Zahn and Joan Cusack

Cellview22
06-11-2005, 10:53 AM
http://www.foxchicago.com/images/bios/elwoodpatrick.jpg

Patrick Elwood, from Fox, is a big Sox fan.

harwar
06-11-2005, 11:18 AM
When we used to fish out of key west in the late 70s',we sat with Allen Collins(wrote the music to "freebird")one night at the green parrot,and i was shocked to find out that he was a White Sox fan.

I want Mags back
06-11-2005, 11:24 AM
I believe, also, R. Kelly is a Sox fan, but he's not one we might want to be claiming.

He was wearing a Flubs hat in this thing I saw last year. Thank God

row18
06-11-2005, 11:36 AM
We'll see which celebs are Sox fans , during the playoff run,. These leaches with their comp seats will deprive real fans from the experience of being at the park.

skobabe8
06-11-2005, 11:53 AM
John Cusack is NOT a Sox fan. So when he claims he is--which he soon will--don't believe a word of it.

irish rover
06-11-2005, 02:21 PM
toby kieth ahd a song out a couple years ago saying he and his dad were sox fans. Boston or Chi I don't know

chidonez
06-11-2005, 02:36 PM
John Cusack is NOT a Sox fan. So when he claims he is--which he soon will--don't believe a word of it.

Especially since he'll get the seats for free through his sister, Joan.

lukesappling
06-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I think it's a little pathetic that this thread exists. Get over it, who cares whether a celebrity is a Sox fan or not. Too many people here have a complex about the Sox...get over it. The team is having a great season, just have fun.

robertks61
06-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Dennis DeYoung

Unregistered
06-11-2005, 03:34 PM
I think it's a little pathetic that this thread exists. Get over it, who cares whether a celebrity is a Sox fan or not. Too many people here have a complex about the Sox...get over it. The team is having a great season, just have fun.
What's more pathetic is the level of c-list quasi celebrities that make up this list.

I'm happier knowing that we don't have a gang of complete morons like Bonnie Hunt and Jim Belushi waving around a Sox flag and associating themselves with our team.

We do just fine without a bunch of no talent hacks jumping on our bandwagon. Leave that to the "gullible" losers on the North Side.

bunnybrief
06-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Kanye West is a big White Sox fan. Also, rapper Twista is too...they are both from Chicago. I was at a game last year where Twista threw out the first pitch and he was wearing a Bo Jackson black 3rd jersey. Nancy also proceeded to play his rap music on her organ all night, which sounded a bit funny at times. Also, I saw the Rev. Jesse Jackson at a game last year.

Don't forget that this post has technically already been answered in a feature on WSI that can be found here:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Fun&Games/FamousSoxFans.htm

Ha ha yes, I was at that game, too. I was gonna mention the rappers....

jake27
06-12-2005, 11:59 AM
i think eddie vedor is, or at least was a sox fan. my friends dad ended up sitting by him at a game some years ago and taught him how to keep score and said that eddie was a white sox fan.

Frankfan4life
06-12-2005, 01:27 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Fun&Games/FamousSoxFans.htm How come Richard Roeper isn't on that list? He's a die hard Sox fan.

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Jay Mariotti

SpartanSoxFan
06-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Isn't J-Hood from the Score a big Sox fan??? I didn't see this mentioned previously on the tread...

Viva Medias B's
06-12-2005, 02:26 PM
:overtime
"Paul Konerko is my favorite."

Bears safety Mike Brown says he's a big White Sox fan and likes how they play. He's evidently been following us religiously, per an interview he's giving on the Score.

Sox-on-TV44
06-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Jay Mariotti
Dude,are you okay,there?
:o:

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Dude,are you okay,there?
:o:dude it's in teal

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Jay Mariotti
Greg Couch
Skip Bayless
Dave Van Dyck
Mike Kiley

Sox-on-TV44
06-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Jay Mariotti
Greg Couch
Skip Bayless
Dave Van Dyck
Mike Kiley

In that case here's more.
Michael Wilborn
Mark Addy (Still Standing)
Jamie Gertz (Still Standing)
Steve Rosenbloom
Harold Reynolds

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Michael Wilborn
Steve Rosenbloom
Harold Reynolds
Don't forget Steve Phillips.

Sox-on-TV44
06-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Don't forget Steve Phillips.
Boy,where Archie Bunker when you need him?
He has a word for these people

MEATHEADS!!!!!!!!

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Billy Corgan
Jim Belushi

TwinGats
06-12-2005, 08:49 PM
the sarcasm is killing me :o:

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 08:54 PM
i forgot to mention Governer Blagoivich

Mr. Skin
06-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Mr. Skin is a HUGE Sox fan

...season ticket holder since '88. Fan since birth.

TheOldRoman
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
toby kieth ahd a song out a couple years ago saying he and his dad were sox fans. Boston or Chi I don't know
That song is "Country Comes to Town". That part of the song goes "Im a rough neck. Daddy was a rough neck, too." In the version US99 plays, they dubbed "rough neck" with "Sox fan". Its a great song, and that makes it even better.:bandance:
US99 did a similar dub for a Terri Clark song. At one point in the song, she says "I want to do it all, visit Paris in the fall, watch the Yankees play ball." In the radio version she says Cubs.:angry: As for Toby Keith being a Sox fan, I doubt it just because he is from Oklahoma.

Unregistered
06-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Nice, man!
:welcome:

I must say I've been a fan of your work... well, since puberty.
:redneck

gehrtsox7
06-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Jenny Mccarthy, Noah Wyle, Bernie Mac, R.Kelly, Twista, Kanye West

White Sox Josh
06-12-2005, 10:50 PM
...season ticket holder since '88. Fan since birth.When is the next guide coming out. Huge fan of your work.:smile:

Parrothead
06-12-2005, 11:30 PM

The show was "the good life" and the guy was John Campanera (sp?)

Viva Medias B's
06-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Tom Dreesen is one

gehrtsox7
06-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Ive seen Bernie Mac in the stadium club with his family a few times. And Noah Wyle.

FedEx227
06-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Ive seen Bernie Mac in the stadium club with his family a few times.

Well we know Bernie is a tool.

senorsock
06-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Do not forget "Talk Soup" regular Senor Sock. I taped a bit with Lyle Mouton and Dave Martinez for E! at the park formerly known as Comiskey.
http:www.go.to/senor_sock

Go Sox!

WhiteSoxFan84
06-13-2005, 01:45 AM
He was on The Score earlier today and showed how HUGE of a Sox fan he is. He talked about how the Sox don't get enough love in Chicago and how the Cubs get all the attention. He went on to talk about how he compares the Sox to the Bears because all the guys on both teams are very hardworking and are all blue-collar guys.

He mentioned that one of the main reasons he loves the Sox is because Paul Konerko played baseball for a high school in Scottsdale, AZ, that happened to be Brown's HS rival.

This guy sounds really smart (mainly because he's a Sox fan :cool: ). He also sounds like a Sox Lover/Cub Hater.

Thought you'd all like to hear this. And after hearing this, I am now a huge Mike Brown fan (I liked him before but not as much as I do now).

Go Sox.
Go Bears.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I've known this for a while but I heard the interview as well and it was great. Charles Tillman is also a Sox fan. I remember seeing him sporting a Sox hat back in 2003 when FOX 32 interviewed him during the NLCS. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2005, 02:32 AM
:moron

"There's a pact going on between Bears fan Aaron Rowand and Sox fans Tillman and Brown! Hurry and slotter them before they burn this city down!!!"

ihatethecubs
06-13-2005, 03:08 AM
its all about mckinley morganfield.

White Sox Randy
06-13-2005, 11:07 AM
George Wendt IS a Sox fan. Hasn't everyone seen Wendt Furniture on Halsted Street right by the park ? It's been there for decades and that is Wendt's family. He definitely grew up a Sox fan.

Bernie Mac definitely loves the Sox. He loves them so much that he gets as frustrated as any Sox fan. That's why you hear him say some **** about them sometimes. He is a real fan and gets p.o.'d when they don't win.

The Cusacks grew up in Evanston with Piven. They are cub fans. They jump on the Sox bandwagon occasionally.

slavko
06-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Mike Brown sounds smart because he is smart. He was a scholastic world-beater in college.

chitownhawkfan
06-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Da Mare, George Wendt and Bernie Mac are good enough for me, besides would you really want people like: Billy Corgan, the entire Cusack clan, the unfunny Belushi, Ronny Woo Woo Wickers, and Ashton Kutcher to root for the Sox. Being a Cubs fan is the trendiest thing to do and I'd rather not have these talentless hacks at the Cell. You know these people are losers when that repetitive retard Woo Woo might be the most talented member of the group. So F*** em, I enjoy rooting for the red headed step children of baseball. We will see where these losers are when the Sox when the pennant.

:andy
Either way lets all agree we could use more Andy

tick53
06-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Bernie Mac
Amy Madigan (Field Of Dreams, HBOs Carnivale)

clee-hegone
06-18-2005, 01:51 AM
cusack, while talking about 8 men out, said he was a sox fan and couldnt pass up being in the movie for that reason. i think kevin costner has a little sox pride in him, why else would he use the white sox for the movie field of dreams?

i heard mike murphy was a dedicated follower!!!

NWSox
06-18-2005, 04:25 AM
cusack, while talking about 8 men out, said he was a sox fan and couldnt pass up being in the movie for that reason. i think kevin costner has a little sox pride in him, why else would he use the white sox for the movie field of dreams?

These two are a stretch. Cusack is way too conspicuous at Cubs games to be considered a Sox fan regardless of what he says. As for Costner, I think he was just being true to the book, which is about Shoeless Joe. It certainly was nice to see the Sox uniforms featured so prominently in the movie, though.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
06-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Vince Vaughn was at the June 16th game against the Dodgers wearing a Sox hat

kittle42
06-18-2005, 03:37 PM
My favorite famous Sox fan is Frank Thomas.

Harry Chappas
06-18-2005, 05:05 PM

I told you about it at London's bday party. Now about that password....just kidding!

South Side
06-24-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned but in The Game's new video, he's wearing a Sox hat. Should we be proud? :?:

Go Go Everetts
06-25-2005, 01:59 AM
These two are a stretch. Cusack is way too conspicuous at Cubs games to be considered a Sox fan regardless of what he says. As for Costner, I think he was just being true to the book, which is about Shoeless Joe. It certainly was nice to see the Sox uniforms featured so prominently in the movie, though.

I enjoyed seeing the White Sox as the best team in the league in the movie Angels in the Outfield. Although they were later cheated out of the penant by the little brat.

Ron Karkovice
06-25-2005, 03:09 AM
I enjoyed seeing the White Sox as the best team in the league in the movie Angels in the Outfield. Although they were later cheated out of the penant by the little brat.

The Sox were also the bad boys in the second major league movie, after that badass catcher was traded to them. You know... Willy Mays Hays jumps over his tag one game:cool:

joshua1024
07-01-2005, 06:26 PM
It's safe to say that the most famous White Sox fans in the world are ....

Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen, Jon Garland, Mark Buerhle and the rest of this incredible team. It's obvious we don't have any George Wills, Hillary Clintons, Jim Belushis, Bill Murrays, or other thespian or political devotees of our beloved team. So let's not forget the guys who are out on the field doing it for us every single day this year!!

:anon:

ElevenUp
07-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Jean Shepherd, the guy who wrote and narrated "A Christmas Story" grew up in Hammond and was a Sox fan. He narrated a video back in the 80's called "The Chicago White Sox: A Visual History".

slavko
07-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Jean Shepherd, the guy who wrote and narrated "A Christmas Story" grew up in Hammond and was a Sox fan. He narrated a video back in the 80's called "The Chicago White Sox: A Visual History".

He had a great old comedy record about his favorite team and some of its players in the 30's. (Bullfrog Bill Dietrich (P), a fireplug with feet. Mike Kreevich(CF), got lost in the ivy at an exhibition game at Wrigley...being a South Sider, he had never seen anything green before...and other similar stuff. He went to NY, later did a radio commercial in his homey style for a gas station chain that was pushing Cubs drinking glasses. I was ready to heave when I heard it.

kingpin_rcs
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
I think the movie was "My Best friend's Wedding" also starring Cameron Diaz and released in 1997.

Yes, as a movie it's just okay BUT there are several shots of Comiskey (new) and a few in game scenes (look for Ozzie).

The best part of the movie is a scene in which Julia Roberts is wearing a high cut shirt showing off her sexy mid-rift and holding a tray with about 4 or 5 cups with the Sox logo prominently displayed. This would make a great sig photo or tag.

White Sox Josh
07-01-2005, 07:45 PM
It's safe to say that the most famous White Sox fans in the world are ....

Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen, Jon Garland, Mark Buerhle and the rest of this incredible team. It's obvious we don't have any George Wills, Hillary Clintons, Jim Belushis, Bill Murrays, or other thespian or political devotees of our beloved team. So let's not forget the guys who are out on the field doing it for us every single day this year!!

:anon:I'm glad Belushi is not a Sox fan. he's a complete jackass.

Stroker Ace
07-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Are you sure about that? I always thought he was a die-hard Cubs guy. Isn't he always at Cubs game? Wasn't he one of the original guys behind "The Bleacher Bums" play?I thought the same thing. Wasn't he on one of ESPN's mock trials defending the flubs?

Stroker Ace
07-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned but in The Game's new video, he's wearing a Sox hat. Should we be proud? :?:He's probably just wearing it because it's a rap- hip hop style to wear a baseball hat. It wouldn't surprise me if he wore a D-Rays hat for his next video.

hellenicsoxfan
07-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Michael Wilborn
Steve Rosenbloom
Harold Reynolds

Let's not forget Chad "Guzman" Brantley from BBT.

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Another one is Tom Schaer.

IrishElvis
07-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Ron Magers is a Sox fan

Mike Madigan - My Dad went to college with him and used to get golden box seats all the time at old Comiskey!

soxylady
07-05-2005, 11:24 AM
The way for a celebrity to prove their allegiance to the White Sox would be to get themselves invited to sing on the North Side and stun the crowd with an ode to the White Sox rather than the Cubs. Thats what I'd do and until I see it from these so called celebrity sox fans, I'll assume they are fair weather.

32nd&Wallace
07-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Ron Magers is a Sox fan

Mike Madigan - My Dad went to college with him and used to get golden box seats all the time at old Comiskey!wasn't there an incident last season with someone who was sitting in seats who got into a fight and was arrested - madigan, not majers

The Racehorse
07-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by PeteWard

Sitting behind Jason Robards about six rows behind home plate. he was alone. Hardly moved the entire game except to relight his cigar.

Jason Robards

Shafe72
07-05-2005, 01:45 PM

Hell even when he did the 7th inning stretch at the cubs game a few years ago he blatently said he was a long-time white sox fan.

Let us also not forget that Bernie Mac sang during the 7th inning stretch during Game 6 of the '03 Scrubs-Marlins series, and changed the words to "So it's root, root, root for THE CHAMPS" just minutes before Moises Alou and Steve Bartman crossed paths.

Coincidence? Not likely...

Powerful lesson about celebrating too early.

riverside marked as a troll again
07-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I ran into oprah last year at the game......but she left early......

and my friend saw eddie curry

NealCotts4Life
07-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Apparently Conan O'Brian is a fan too. He said he voted for the "Scrappy" Scott Podsednik on his show tonight during his All-Star Game Chat.

MsSoxVixen22
07-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I didn't realize how many famous people liked the Sox. I knew some of them already. I was at the game when Noah Wyle threw out the 1st pitch. I happened to look at the jumbro tron and I saw him. I was like WOO-HOO! And he threw pretty damn good! We should sign him as another starter. LOL J/K

kingpin_rcs
07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Back in the mid 80's Brian Dennehy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001133/ was seen sitting at the park. IIRC he was sitting in the bleachers.