PDA

View Full Version : Since when do the Sox have a "patchwork rotation?"

buehrle4cy05
06-09-2005, 10:59 PM
The latest issue of sporting news listed the Sox vs. D-Backs series as "The duct tape series: which patchwork rotation will fall apart first?"

???????????????????

All 5 of the Sox starters are healthy. Complete stupdity.

CubsSuckMySox
06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
The latest issue of sporting news listed the Sox vs. D-Backs series as "The duct tape series: which patchwork rotation will fall apart first?"

???????????????????

Ugh.

ShoelessJoeS
06-09-2005, 11:04 PM
if this was said about a month ago, i might be surprised or upset...the media NEVER ceases to amaze me. its at the point these days where its actually funny

JB98
06-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Buerhle, Garcia, Contreras, Hernandez and Garland have a combined record of 32-9.

Patchwork my ass.

PicktoCLick72
06-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Maybe by patchwork they mean the best rotation in baseball.

soxwon
06-09-2005, 11:56 PM

???????????????????

patchwork? try the Flubs
they have used,
prior-wood-zambo-maddux-rusch-wellmeyer-dempster-bartosch,
among others as starters, atleast 10 guys have started for them.

StillMissOzzie
06-10-2005, 01:09 AM

***? Just because McCarthy filled in for a couple of starts? Have there been any rotations in MLB that have used their 1-5 unscathed? As soxwon pointed out, the sCrUBS have used way more starters than the Sox have. Duct tape, my ass.
Wait a minute-that's only a figure of speech...NOOOOOOOOOO!

SMO
:gulp:

dcb33
06-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Here are some interesting stats comparing the Yankees Opening Day rotation vs. the guys who are now on other teams but were in New York's starting rotation last year:

Yankees Opening Day rotation (Johnson, Mussina, Brown, Wright, and Pavano)-
21-20, 320IP, 4.87 ERA

Yankees Exiles (Contreras, El Duque, Vazquez, and Lieber): 24-11, 296IP, 4.14ERA

Banix12
06-10-2005, 03:38 AM

???????????????????

I'm guessing this was just a poor choice of words. A better choice, and probably what they meant, would have been Unexpected. Patchwork however is just idiotic. The cubs are doing well with a patchwork rotation. What the sox had last season was largely a patchwork rotation. These are the guys the sox and Diamondbacks signed in the offseason and have pitched in almost every game. Someone is asleep in the copyediting dept.

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm guessing this was just a poor choice of words. A better choice, and probably what they meant, would have been Unexpected. Patchwork however is just idiotic. The cubs are doing well with a patchwork rotation. What the sox had last season was largely a patchwork rotation. These are the guys the sox and Diamondbacks signed in the offseason and have pitched in almost every game. Someone is asleep in the copyediting dept.No one mixes up "patchwork" and "unexpected". They have completely different meanings.

Banix12
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
No one mixes up "patchwork" and "unexpected". They have completely different meanings.

They shouldn't be mixed up but I could see how it could be possible. Human error is always possible and people mix up words that have two different meanings all the time. If they meant patchwork they are morons since what the sox have can't be considered patchwork. Since that is what was written I have to assume that is what they meant, but I can see how someone screwed up in the editing dept. since a mistake like that shouldn't be posted.

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
They shouldn't be mixed up but I could see how it could be possible. Human error is always possible and people mix up words that have two different meanings all the time. If they meant patchwork they are morons since what the sox have can't be considered patchwork. Since that is what was written I have to assume that is what they meant, but I can see how someone screwed up in the editing dept. since a mistake like that shouldn't be posted.Your explanation seems radiated.:?:

Edit: I meant plausible. I get those two words mixed up all the time.:cool:

mdep524
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Yankees Opening Day rotation (Johnson, Mussina, Brown, Wright, and Pavano)-
21-20, 320IP, 4.87 ERA

Yankees Exiles (Contreras, El Duque, Vazquez, and Lieber): 24-11, 296IP, 4.14ERA I love this. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Your explanation seems radiated.:?:

Edit: I meant plausible. I get those two words mixed up all the time.:cool:

:rolling: