PDA

View Full Version : The 'Carl Everett Rumors'

lowesox
06-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Anybody know what the Crazy Carl rumor is that Kenny was talking about in the trib today. Is it just that he's considering trading him? Or has there been names rumored to be coming back our way?

Just trying to get an idea as to what Kenny's looking at doing next.

Flight #24
06-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Anybody know what the Crazy Carl rumor is that Kenny was talking about in the trib today. Is it just that he's considering trading him? Or has there been names rumored to be coming back our way?

Just trying to get an idea as to what Kenny's looking at doing next.

There was a report in the past couple of days, IIRC in the Southtown that KW had "already laid the groundwork" for a Carl trade. No word on who that was with or who they might have acquired for him tho.

I'd guess it was in reference to that and all the speculation after Ozzie's comments about preferring to "keep players happy" in terms of ABs.

elrod
06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
I think the Carl rumor was that a long time ago large Pterodactyls roamed the earth. Carl denied the rumor so now we can return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Jurr
06-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Everything you ever need to know regarding ANY published Sox rumor is easily found on this page. It helps to keep me informed, and I'd love to share it with each and every one of you.

No. For reals, this is a good spot to find info:
http://prosportsdaily.com/mlb/white-sox/rumors.html

lowesox
06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey, that's a pretty cool site. Thanks Jurr.

Jurr
06-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey, that's a pretty cool site. Thanks Jurr.
No prob, man. I do what I can when I can.

BRDSR
06-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Whatever the case, Everett cannot be traded until Thomas has been back in the lineup consistently over a long(at least 30 days) period of time and is putting up numbers indicative of Frank Thomas. I agree with the sentiment, theres no reason to have either Frank Thomas or Everett on the bench every game, but I hope Kenny doesn't jump the gun and then find out that Thomas is only a shadow of his former self. Patience is a virtue, lets wait until mid-July.

Jurr
06-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Whatever the case, Everett cannot be traded until Thomas has been back in the lineup consistently over a long(at least 30 days) period of time and is putting up numbers indicative of Frank Thomas. I agree with the sentiment, theres no reason to have either Frank Thomas or Everett on the bench every game, but I hope Kenny doesn't jump the gun and then find out that Thomas is only a shadow of his former self. Patience is a virtue, lets wait until mid-July.
I personally think they're both retarded if they don't stay. These guys are both veterans, and they have a good chance to do something special this year. They should think about a ring before they're whining about getting enough AB's. The team would be well served to have two professional hitters of these guys' ilk. If they can get over their egos, they should both be on the team come October.

Randar68
06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I think the Carl rumor was that a long time ago large Pterodactyls roamed the earth. Carl denied the rumor so now we can return to our regularly scheduled programming.

*****!!!!!!

Jurr
06-09-2005, 01:01 PM
*****!!!!!!
I'll tell you what got me laughing and hasn't stopped yet. I don't know who referred to it, but the other day someone said that Carl wears a tin foil hat. I know it's referring to his paranoia, but I could just see Crazy Carl wearing one, and it kills me.

halfpricemonday
06-09-2005, 02:04 PM
If there is a trade, it's got to be soon. How else are we going make the trade to get him back in the lineup before the deadline?

balke
06-09-2005, 02:11 PM
They should be around. What a great team we have with one of these guys coming off the bench. Just like last night, imagine a World Series matchup with the Big Hurt coming on to pinch hit for the pitcher in an away game. Imagine any playoff series with either Dye, Crede, Carl, or Frank coming in late to pinch hit down by one.

lths06
06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
the other day someone said that Carl wears a tin foil hat. I know it's referring to his paranoia, but I could just see Crazy Carl wearing one, and it kills me.

Could someone photoshop a pick of this? I can't even imagine how funny it would be.

DaleJRFan
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
http://www.lucidnoir.com/pictures/tinfoilCC.jpg

"They traded me where???"

Rocky Soprano
06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
While you are at it, someone needs to photoshop a tin foil hat on Hangar. I'm pretty sure there are some pictures of him in the photo gallery.

DickAllen72
06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
There was a report in the past couple of days, IIRC in the Southtown that KW had "already laid the groundwork" for a Carl trade. No word on who that was with or who they might have acquired for him tho.

Yeah, it was Joe Cowley with another one of his bogus trouble making "reports".

On a day when all other newspapers were quoting Ozzie as saying he doesn't want to trade anyone at this point, Cowley "quoted" unnamed sources that the groundwork for an Everett trade was already laid. Then he quoted Ozzie out of context about how he has difficulty getting everyone enough AB's as support of his unnamed source.

Then, the next day Cowley writes a line in his article something like, "with the growing belief that Everett is about to be traded..." The only growing belief is by Cowley and those who read his article the previous day and, not knowing his track record, believed it.

Now today Kenny states once again that there is no trade of Everett in the works. KW loves Everett as a player and understands his value to this team both on the field and in the clubhouse.

Joe Cowley is just trying to run Carl Everett out of town. Sorry Joe, it ain't working this time.

Vernam
06-09-2005, 07:54 PM
If there is a trade, it's got to be soon. How else are we going make the trade to get him back in the lineup before the deadline?
Don't forget the obligatory Robbie Alomar trade, too. First some other team needs to activate him from retirement, then the Sox will ship them a few live arms for him. He'll pull a hammy running out a grounder to second in his first at bat, then spend the rest of the season in the jacuzzi.

VC

Bisco Stu
06-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I know it's all speculation, but a little disappointed to read that the Sox aren't being regarded as suitors for any of the top prospects.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/transactions/trades