PDA

View Full Version : why?

rwcescato
06-09-2005, 12:59 AM
My title is why becuase as I sit here and watch the late BBTN show. There is no mention that the Sox even played today. They ignored the fact that the Sox won their 40th game and scored 15 runs. They ignored that the great Twins team can't really gain any ground on the Sox even though they have started there season much better than there last 3 years. They ignored the fact that the Sox are now 21 GAMES above .500 and 21-11 on the road. I turned to espnnews and they have an interview with Santana and ask him if the Twins can go farther in the playoffs this year. I guess we have 50 losses already, but last I looked we have a 4 game lead on the twins and a 4 game lead on the whole league. I must be in a middle of a dream because i can't figure out where my team is in the standings.

ode to veeck
06-09-2005, 01:02 AM
what do you expect on that tabloid ?!

Lip Man 1
06-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Just guessing...

The Sox game ran 3 1/2 hours plus if tonight was part of the 'trifecta' then Baseball Tonight was only 20 minutes long.

Lip

DumpJerry
06-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Our game ended after BBTM started. They did not get the telegraph in time. Gammons was fact-checking the Sox' offensive numbers after we at WSI called him out for sloppy facts. How many other excuses can I think of?

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah dude tonight's game was ungodly in length so I don't think there was time to get it to the editing room and ready for broadcast. Sox or not, a game like this will get its share of highlights when its all said and dnoe.

FarWestChicago
06-09-2005, 01:07 AM
My title is why becuase as I sit here and watch the late BBTN show. There is no mention that the Sox even played today. They ignored the fact that the Sox won their 40th game and scored 15 runs. They ignored that the great Twins team can't really gain any ground on the Sox even though they have started there season much better than there last 3 years. They ignored the fact that the Sox are now 21 GAMES above .500 and 21-11 on the road. I turned to espnnews and they have an interview with Santana and ask him if the Twins can go farther in the playoffs this year. I guess we have 50 losses already, but last I looked we have a 4 game lead on the twins and a 4 game lead on the whole league. I must be in a middle of a dream because i can't figure out where my team is in the standings.WHY??

Are you watching complete garbage like ESPN? That is the question. It's trash, refuse, manure, sewage. Change the channel.

StockdaleForVeep
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
WHY??

Are you watching complete garbage like ESPN? That is the question. It's trash, refuse, manure, sewage. Change the channel.

Easy westm pixie dust pixie dust, caaalm

rwcescato
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Just guessing...

The Sox game ran 3 1/2 hours plus if tonight was part of the 'trifecta' then Baseball Tonight was only 20 minutes long.

Lip

The game ended before the show was over and they showed the Twins hilights before there show was over and they were still playing.
Rich

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-09-2005, 01:09 AM
WHY??

I agree. ESPN is totally worthless now that we have Comcast SportsNet Chicago. I love having a sports channel dedicated to Chicago teams..

santo=dorf
06-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Just guessing...

Lip

After the Twins-Dbacks game on ESPN2, they just had to show the end of a 4-0 Red Sux-Cards game with sweaty Foulke falling apart on the mound. They never showed all of the final scores, and concluded the show by promoting Sunday Night Baseball with a matchup between the Sox and the Dodgers. :rolleyes: :whistle: :bs:

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:16 AM
*mega sigh* Some people are never content with a massive run scoring game and win. Jeez.

---------------

Headline: White Sox Win the World Series!!!!

"Oh, oh, Fox/ESPN/etc didn't do a 2 hour special on our season, what a rip-off!!!"

God I can see the posts now.....

FarWestChicago
06-09-2005, 01:18 AM
*mega sigh* Some people are never content with a massive run scoring game and win. Jeez. Says the man with the only Dark Cloud post in the postgame thread. :?:

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Says the man with the only Dark Cloud post in the postgame thread. :?:

I wouldn't call it a "Dark Cloud" post. Stating the fact that its not a magnificent victory isn't being depressed about it. It's a great victory in the sesne our entire team hit well for once and hopefully will get the juices flowing, but at the end of the day, it is the Rockies and not a tough team.

EDIT: I also love how whenever I don't baa with the rest of the sheep, I'm automatically a "disciple of HomeFish" Whatever. If people want to think this was th greatest win in Sox history, let them, but im not going to start jumping for joy over a big win against a crappy team.

EDIT THE 2ND: Comparing my comment in the post-game thread to what's going on here is silly. I never said I was unhappy with our win, but I'm not surprised or ecstatic about it either. I sat down on the couch expecting a W. So, keep trying to label me as the future HomeFish, FarWest, cause I'm not.

StockdaleForVeep
06-09-2005, 01:23 AM
I wouldn't call it a "Dark Cloud" post. Stating the fact that its not a magnificent victory isn't being depressed about it. It's a great victory in the sesne our entire team hit well for once and hopefully will get the juices flowing, but at the end of the day, it is the Rockies and not a tough team.

EDIT: I also love how whenever I don't baa with the rest of the sheep, I'm automatically a "disciple of HomeFish" Whatever. If people want to think this was th greatest win in Sox history, let them, but im not going to start jumping for joy over a big win against a crappy team.

http://www.dazeofourlives.com/blacksheep.gif

FarWestChicago
06-09-2005, 01:23 AM
EDIT: I also love how whenever I don't baa with the rest of the sheep, I'm automatically a "disciple of HomeFish" Whatever. If people want to think this was th greatest win in Sox history, let them, but im not going to start jumping for joy over a big win against a crappy team.Boo hoo, you want to act like a downer, that's your perogative. Don't cry like a baby when somebody calls you out.

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Boo hoo, you want to act like a downer, that's your perogative. Don't cry like a baby when somebody calls you out.

I'm not crying like a baby. I'm just saying once again you get in my face over a little comment. (Remeber pointing out Colon's ERA against weak teams?)Do you have a problem with me or what?

FarWestChicago
06-09-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm not crying like a baby. I'm just saying once again you get in my face over a little comment. (Remeber pointing out Colon's ERA against weak teams?)Do you have a problem with me or what?Nope. You seem to be real sensitive, though. Go back to the game thread if you think I'm the only one commenting on your unique take on tonight's game. :rolleyes:

nasox
06-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Boo hoo, you want to act like a downer, that's your perogative. Don't cry like a baby when somebody calls you out.

I agree. Seanpmurphy can have a bad mood as long as he doesn't try to spread it.

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Nope. You seem to be real sensitive, though. Go back to the game thread if you think I'm the only one commenting on your unique take on tonight's game. :rolleyes:

I don't care what other people think. If people would read the entire thread it was actually positive looking toward the future. Oh well.

FarWestChicago
06-09-2005, 01:30 AM
I don't care what other people think.Obviously you do or we wouldn't be having this conversation. :D:

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:30 AM
I agree. Seanpmurphy can have a bad mood as long as he doesn't try to spread it.

You got it buddy. The Sox Win :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :angry: :angry: :angry: That's me all over the place.

soxGirl14
06-09-2005, 01:33 AM

If you read the posts, hes not in a bad mood. He's just making a point about the game and how people over reacting to it by getting all upset about the sports coverage after.

I mean honestly, if the cubs can beat the rockies, then obviously we can too, and we did. Who cares about what sports game the news channel is going to coverage...I'm sorry to say...but there are other teams out there that arent just the Sox.

We won...thats all that should matter.

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Yes, I'm the biggest downer ever.

Where are the people who see the Sox lose and start "TRADE [INSERT WORST PLAYER THAT DAY HERE]" threads?

.....anyone?

:dumbpeople:

SpammySosa
06-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Yes, I'm the biggest downer ever.

Where are the people who see the Sox lose and start "TRADE [INSERT WORST PLAYER THAT DAY HERE]" threads?

.....anyone?

But remember,you don't care what anyone thinks.:rolleyes:

chisox06
06-09-2005, 01:40 AM
I don't care what other people think. If people would read the entire thread it was actually positive looking toward the future. Oh well.

And we officially have another WSI intervention.
Murph, we brought you here to this thread today, well because were all worried about you, we are your friends, and it just tears us apart to see you like this umm...negativety's bad mmkay....:gulp:

seanpmurphy
06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
It's all right. I'll take the flak tonight so the rest of WSI doesn't have to use a Sox player as a whipping boy for once.

:gulp:

SpammySosa
06-09-2005, 01:44 AM
It's all right. I'll take the flak tonight so the rest of WSI doesn't have to use a Sox player as a whipping boy for once.

:gulp:

You're such a martyr.

Rocklive99
06-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Don't bother watching SC either then, a 2 second clip like 40 minutes into the show shown in a batch after the Flubs highlights and right before the Royals

Foulke You
06-09-2005, 04:11 AM
WHY??

But where else will I get my insightful coverage from baseball experts like Peter Gammons, John Kruk, Steve Phillips, and Harold Reynolds?

GoRowand33
06-11-2005, 07:23 PM
just like to mention that night i stayed up even later to catch highlights on sportscenter and all they showed was frank thomas's home run, so even well after the game they dont get full highlights, back to bbtn i was watching that too and they usually will tell the viewers if a score is just in and the shows ending and they couldnt even do that for the best team in baseball.