PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Game vs ARI

Rocklive99
06-08-2005, 03:49 PM
It should be a nice crowd (half price night), and ESPN is doing the game, and the Phillips/Brantley hate, should the Sox fans bring out the ESPN hate signs? I know it wouldn't happen, but it would be funny if the Sox/Brooks would find some play on words to dis ESPN and make them into signs to handout (similar to how the Bulls fans get "brick" signs) I was thinking something like "Hey ESPN, hire some real analysts" no it's not clever, just something on short notice.

Would it be funny with ESPN doing the game or just a waste of time/stupid idea?

DumpJerry
06-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Don't do it. It'll just upset the Karma. I'm going to be there and I am not ready for my second loss of the season. Yet.

chaerulez
06-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I doubt they would let fans hold up anti-ESPN signs, maybe on a day when the network isn't broadcasting, but when they are? I'm sure ESPN reps would complain to the stadium/team and then the signs would be taken away.

ilsox7
06-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Nah. Let's show some class. I am pretty sure I am walking up Monday to buy my tix!

seanpmurphy
06-08-2005, 03:58 PM
It should be a nice crowd (half price night), and ESPN is doing the game, and the Phillips/Brantley hate, should the Sox fans bring out the ESPN hate signs? I know it wouldn't happen, but it would be funny if the Sox/Brooks would find some play on words to dis ESPN and make them into signs to handout (similar to how the Bulls fans get "brick" signs) I was thinking something like "Hey ESPN, hire some real analysts" no it's not clever, just something on short notice.

Would it be funny with ESPN doing the game or just a waste of time/stupid idea?

You did it now Rock!! I'll be lurking for the post on Tuesday where someone posts on these boards how they "heard about" someone getting refused entrance/asked to leave for having some kind of anti-ESPN sign. Oh well.

Rocklive99
06-08-2005, 04:07 PM
But why would the Sox care, as long as it's in good taste? I hate when ESPN does the games, they disrespect the Sox in the offseason and are now cringing being forced to show the Sox highlights (even though they show the negatives of the game more often, e.g. Memorial Day, Sox win, focus in on managing of Ozzie) because they keep getting proved wrong and are looking like idiots, and it's even worse when they try to get on the bandwagon and act like they knew about us all along. All that happens when they do Sox games is there are appereances by mediots Phillips or Brantley and people here become up in arms when they make stupid remarks and the 'ESPN curse' is always brought up, so I say let's let them know that we don't want them here. Just an idea, it would probably be a waste of effort, but just thought it'd be funny if a sign was accidentally showed on an ESPN camera

mweflen
06-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I agree, Rock. ESPN blows big time. Let's think of some witty zingers for signs.

Something about NY, Boston and LA being the only teams in the nation...

"ESPN: Where's the Midwest Love?"

"ESPN: How about more than 30 Seconds of Highlights?"

"ESPN: Hey, The White Sox DO Exist!"

"ESPN: Who Knew Baseball existed in the Midwest?"

"Hey ESPN: How Smart Is Billy Beane Now?"

Kogs35
06-08-2005, 04:20 PM
its the alternate game on monday night. the main game is atlanta at texas

Rocklive99
06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
its the alternate game on monday night. the main game is atlanta at texas

hmm, well I guess that takes a little luster out of it. The next one is the Sunday game vs LA, which would truely be a national game

eriqjaffe
06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Eastern
Seaboard
Promotional
Network

24thStFan
06-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Envy
Sox
Pride
Now

Cellview22
06-08-2005, 06:37 PM
It's inevitable that the ESPN crew will show a live overhead shot of Wrigley or at least mention something about their sold out crowd since the Cubs will be playing at the Urinal at the same time. :mad:

RKMeibalane
06-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Forget about anti-ESPN signs. The White Sox will have their revenge on everyone who has doubted them (including HomeFish) when they win the World Series this October.

SoxxoS
06-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I agree, Rock. ESPN blows big time. Let's think of some witty zingers for signs.

Something about NY, Boston and LA being the only teams in the nation...

"ESPN: Where's the Midwest Love?"

"ESPN: How about more than 30 Seconds of Highlights?"

"ESPN: Hey, The White Sox DO Exist!"

"ESPN: Who Knew Baseball existed in the Midwest?"

"Hey ESPN: How Smart Is Billy Beane Now?"

Good signs. And also have a fantastic chance to get on TV

kevingrt
06-08-2005, 09:13 PM
I am so bringing one fo those signs. ESPN hates the Sox so we are just gonna hate back at them!

CLSoxFan
06-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Who cares about ESPN? As long as the Sox continue winning, the media just don't matter. Don't need them to validate this season.

ShoelessJoeS
06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Who cares about ESPN? As long as the Sox continue winning, the media just don't matter. Don't need them to validate this season.
dont think it couldve been said any better than that...WE DONT CARE!

Konerkoholic
06-09-2005, 03:35 AM
Expect
Stupider
Predictions
Next Year

Then show charicatures of Brantley, Reynolds, Steve Phillips, and/or Gammons picking the Tigers or Indians or Twins to win the division this year.

Cat Thief
06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Expect
Stupider
Predictions
Next Year

Then show charicatures of Brantley, Reynolds, Steve Phillips, and/or Gammons picking the Tigers or Indians or Twins to win the division this year.

Do you mind if I steal that one? Just got my tix for Monday.

batmanZoSo
06-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I doubt they would let fans hold up anti-ESPN signs... I'm sure ESPN reps would complain to the stadium/team and then the signs would be taken away.

Yes, be careful--Not only will they take the signs away, but ESPN might even begin short-changing us on their highlight shows, downplaying our success as a "fluke," and generally casting us in the shadows of the more popular teams on the East Coast and the team on the north side. :o:

We wouldn't want that, now would we? :cool:

ChicagoHoosier
06-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Obviously no one will get on TV with their sign, and I agree with Batman that it may actually hurt our coverage somewhat. I too am going and hoping for a sellout and would love for ESPN to show the crowd early and often to get the rest of Chicago pumped about coming down to the ballpark for a future game.

On a similar note, I've got a decent record in attendence at the Cell. I hope that our ESPN coverage won't have any impact on the game. We seem to not play as well when they are covering us.

And, if anyone is tailgating, maybe we'll bump into you. I'm taking four other guys who aren't Sox or Cubs fans, but just want to enjoy a night at the ballpark. :gulp: Mmmmm, tailgating...

batmanZoSo
06-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Obviously no one will get on TV with their sign, and I agree with Batman that it may actually hurt our coverage somewhat.

It was a joke. For one, I highly doubt even ESPN would be so petty, and secondly, they couldn't do a worse job covering us than they do already.

Bring all the signs you want I say. One will find its way to a lense whether they want it to or not. :cool:

zach074
06-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Yes, be careful--Not only will they take the signs away, but ESPN might even begin short-changing us on their highlight shows, downplaying our success as a "fluke," and generally casting us in the shadows of the more popular teams on the East Coast and the team on the north side. :o:

We wouldn't want that, now would we? :cool:

They already short-change up on their highlight shows.

Cellview22
06-12-2005, 07:45 PM
There's no 2 seats together left in the lower bowl. Only upper deck.

And should be a big walkup, esp since a lot of Red Sox fans will still be in town and will want to check out both ballparks while they're here. Hopefully they'll keep their red gear back at the hotels.

StillMissOzzie
06-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Envy
Sox
Pride
Now

Or Extreme or Exhibit

or

Envious of
Sox'
Position
Now?

Chiding, but not rude or spiteful...

SMO
:gulp:

dcb33
06-13-2005, 01:01 AM
C'mon people, that stupid network hates the Sox enough. The last thing we as fans want to do is provoke them to where they start saying we as fans are terrible, and rubbing the team's success in the face of their failure to accurately analyze and predict how the division would turn out is a good way to become known as a sore winner. The best way the ESPNimrods can be silenced and embarassed is by a White Sox Winner, which is out of our control.

Go and root for the Sox, but not against ESPN's stupidity.