PDA

View Full Version : ESPN at it again.

Soxzilla
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Not sure if anyone else wasted time to watch the highlights from this mornings sportscenter, but they had some fantastic highlights of last night's win against the Rockies.

They open showing the Rockies' Atkins hitting the double off the top of the wall, but saying that it was a homerun and it hit looked like it hit off the railing behind the fence.:rolleyes: And the next highlight shows the Konerko glove play to JC that he dropped.

Really told the story of the game. I mean, had I not actually watched the game, I wouldn't have needed to seeing those highlights!

Then afterwards they show the Twins-Diamondbacks highlights, including Hunter's slide into homeplate. Cohn and Co. then commend Hunter for not making unnecessary contact with the catcher, and not "erstad-ding" the catcher.

Sorry idiots, did you not see what Hood-Hunter did to Burke last year?

This crap is just irritating. And there is really nowhere else to go for sports highlights on TV, other than sportsnite.:(:

Uncle_Patrick
06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
They open showing the Rockies' Atkins hitting the double off the top of the wall, but saying that it was a homerun and it hit looked like it hit off the railing behind the fence.:rolleyes:

Are you serious? Its was pretty obvious that it bounced off of the top of the fence.

Too bad they didn't reply Willie Harris's at bat where he jumped out of the way of pitch and charged with a foul ball despite the pitch being at his belt and his bat up at his head (not that it ultimately mattered in the at bat).

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2005, 05:13 PM
:whocares

ESPN has been giving the Sox major coverage and respect the past several weeks. How many highlights could there be in a 2-1 game?

Iwritecode
06-08-2005, 05:20 PM
:whocares

ESPN has been giving the Sox major coverage and respect the past several weeks. How many highlights could there be in a 2-1 game?

From the sounds of it, they could have at least showed how those 3 runs scored...

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2005, 05:26 PM
From the sounds of it, they could have at least showed how those 3 runs scored...

They usually concentrate on the really unusual/great/wacky plays when they pick their highlights, and it sounds like the 2 plays described fit that bill. I didn't see the game but know that the Sox runs didn't come on home runs or anything exciting like that.

IMO, this thread is just bitching where bitching isn't appropriate. The Sox are in 1st place and 20 games over .500, yet there are so many WSIers who can seemingly only focus on the negative. It gets old.

Soxzilla
06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
They usually concentrate on the really unusual/great/wacky plays when they pick their highlights, and it sounds like the 2 plays described fit that bill. I didn't see the game but know that the Sox runs didn't come on home runs or anything exciting like that.

IMO, this thread is just bitching where bitching isn't appropriate. The Sox are in 1st place and 20 games over .500, yet there are so many WSIers who can seemingly only focus on the negative. It gets old.

They didn't mention Walnuts earning his 1000th career hit, which ended up being the first run.

I felt that was more important than the crap they showed.

Upon review of the fly ball that hit the fence, you can see it clearly hits the top of the yellow and bounces back, it doesn't hit the railing that is about 3-5 feet behind the fence.

Cohn should grow a pair of eyeballs before she talks any ****.

SoxSpeed22
06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Not sure if anyone else wasted time to watch the highlights from this mornings sportscenter, but they had some fantastic highlights of last night's win against the Rockies.

They open showing the Rockies' Atkins hitting the double off the top of the wall, but saying that it was a homerun and it hit looked like it hit off the railing behind the fence.:rolleyes: And the next highlight shows the Konerko glove play to JC that he dropped.

Really told the story of the game. I mean, had I not actually watched the game, I wouldn't have needed to seeing those highlights!

Then afterwards they show the Twins-Diamondbacks highlights, including Hunter's slide into homeplate. Cohn and Co. then commend Hunter for not making unnecessary contact with the catcher, and not "erstad-ding" the catcher.

Sorry idiots, did you not see what Hood-Hunter did to Burke last year?

This crap is just irritating. And there is really nowhere else to go for sports highlights on TV, other than sportsnite.:(:
http://web.utk.edu/%7Ebborchar/episodes/episode25/eps25_7.jpg"Keh"
We all know ESPN's in love with their Twins. This is a good reason why I keep saying start a fight with the Twins when they come here in August. Let's see how well they handle a Piston-Esq atmosphere and a team that hits back. Make as many bomb threats as you guys want.

mccoydp
06-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight are garbage as far as White Sox coverage goes anyway. I quit watching them weeks ago. I'm not surprised about the recap last night.

shoota
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
http://web.utk.edu/%7Ebborchar/episodes/episode25/eps25_7.jpg"Keh"

I wouldn't mind never seeing this tag again. Okeh?

shoota
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM

That's fine, but Soxzilla also mentioned the compliment Cohn and Co. gave to Hunter for not railroading the catcher--as if he was above doing that. As Sox fans, we know that isn't true, and just more ESPN bullship kissing Torii Hunter and Minnesota ass.

And with the unlimited replay they have of the COL double, they should not speculate that the Sox might have caught a break in the 1-run game by having that double be called a double.

santo=dorf
06-09-2005, 12:57 AM
ESPN just showed a promo for Sox/Dodgers this Sunday.

Good grief they suck. :mad:

Nellie_Fox
06-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Today's 6 PM SportsCenter led off with ten minutes and three analysts discussing what's wrong with the Yankees. Would they do that with any other team that was sucking?

CLSoxFan
06-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Yes, the Eastern SPorts Network loves those Yanks, but who cares? Do we Sox fans need validation from ratings-seeking clowns in Connecticut? The Sox are heading for the playoffs, whether Sportscenter spends 10 minutes a night on them, or not.

ShoelessJoeS
06-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Yes, the Eastern SPorts Network loves those Yanks, but who cares? Do we Sox fans need validation from ratings-seeking clowns in Connecticut? The Sox are heading for the playoffs, whether Sportscenter spends 10 minutes a night on them, or not.
well put, couldnt agree more

Soxzilla
06-09-2005, 01:07 PM

I agree, but it doesn't deter the fact I might actually want to see some highlights of MY team if I happen to miss a game or two...which I can't really rely on when it comes to ESPN.

daveeym
06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Today's 6 PM SportsCenter led off with ten minutes and three analysts discussing what's wrong with the Yankees. Would they do that with any other team that was sucking? Atlanta - but why would they with anyone else? Those 2 teams have earned it (or bought it in the Yankmees case).

rmusacch
06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
They didn't mention Walnuts earning his 1000th career hit, which ended up being the first run.

I felt that was more important than the crap they showed.

Upon review of the fly ball that hit the fence, you can see it clearly hits the top of the yellow and bounces back, it doesn't hit the railing that is about 3-5 feet behind the fence.

Cohn should grow a pair of eyeballs before she talks any ****.

If it hits the yellow, isn't it a homerun?

shoota
06-09-2005, 06:32 PM
If it hits the yellow, isn't it a homerun?

Farmer and Rooney said no.