PDA

View Full Version : WS have the toughest schedule in the AL

FanofBill
06-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Slowly the national media is acknowledging that we are what we are, a good team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3672676

The Sox now have only the fourth-best run differential in the AL, but they still have the best record, and they've played the toughest schedule of any winning team in the AL. And now the Big Hurt is back in the fold.

daveeym
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Slowly the national media is acknowledging that we are what we are, a good team.

The Sox now have only the fourth-best run differential in the AL, but they still have the best record, and they've played the toughest schedule of any winning team in the AL. And now the Big Hurt is back in the fold. Oh man don't post anything by this stroke, he irks people on this board.

DumpJerry
06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Looking at the schedule this morning with my buddy, I told him the only series I am worried about before the All Star Break is the Oakland series July 1-3. However, I expect a different umpiring crew at that one from the last one, so the playing field will be level finally.

Given that, I fully expect us to be 30 games over .500 by the ASB.

elrod
06-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Our old friend Dayn is back. How do you pronounce that? Like Dan? Like Dine? Like Dayne? Help me.

PAPChiSox729
06-08-2005, 02:42 PM

The Sox now have only the fourth-best run differential in the AL, but they still have the best record, and they've played the toughest schedule of any winning team in the AL. And now the Big Hurt is back in the fold.

I can't help but smile. This year has been just awesome.
:D:

The Racehorse
06-08-2005, 02:45 PM

Nice to see people recognize that up until now, the SOX did not play a continuous carousel of cupcakes.

On the flip side, last week I heard some stat that the SOX had the second easiest rest of the way with 52 games against teams that were below .500, the Twins had 51... a stat that will obviously fluctuate.

Iwritecode
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
The Halos have done a respectable job of treading water without Vlad Guerrero. Since Vlad's shoulder injury sidelined him, the Angels have gone 9-7, and 13 of those 16 games have come against winning teams (including seven against the mighty White Sox).

They are even getting mentioned in other teams summaries. :D:

RockRaines
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice to see people recognize that up until now, the SOX did not play a continuous carousel of cupcakes.

On the flip side, last week I heard some stat that the SOX had the second easiest rest of the way with 52 games against teams that were below .500, the Twins had 51... a stat that will obviously fluctuate.

They really have a tough part of the schedule coming up, not to mention only 2 off days in sep to deal with. The NYY and the Boston part hurts but so does the constant playing of the twins at the end of the year.

gf2020
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
They really have a tough part of the schedule coming up, not to mention only 2 off days in sep to deal with. The NYY and the Boston part hurts but so does the constant playing of the twins at the end of the year.

No Pink. No Bong. No Smiley face drinking. The Twins will be the easy part of the schedule down the stretch. 4-1 so far and the gap will only widen.

soxtalker
06-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Read down the Fox rankings to #4. The Twins are moving up and have an easy stretch for the next few weeks. Not saying that we'll falter, but it's not just about us.

Ol' No. 2
06-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Read down the Fox rankings to #4. The Twins are moving up and have an easy stretch for the next few weeks. Not saying that we'll falter, but it's not just about us.The Twins play almost the exact same teams as the Sox for the rest of June. The only difference is they get SF instead of the Rockies and the Brewers instead of the Cubs.