PDA

View Full Version : Pirates and Yankees

Chicago83
06-08-2005, 12:59 PM
There was a lot of talk earlier this year about how the Yanks pay in luxury tax more than the Pirates pay for their whole payroll. Well don't look now but the Yankees are only a half game ahead of the Pirates! Talk about underachieving.

DaleJRFan
06-08-2005, 01:36 PM
The Yankees luxury tax is only about 8 or 9 million less than the Sox payroll, isn't it??? But seriously, I am really tired of listening to and reading about all of Steinbrenner's rants and ultimatums.

nasox
06-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Yankmes = I don't give a damn

NonetheLoaiza
06-09-2005, 09:46 AM
If I have to hear about how "The Boss demands a change", I'm going to puke. Maybe Steinbrenner should have built a real baseball team the right way...

StepsInSC
06-09-2005, 12:09 PM
The Buccos are playing some good ball. They've only lost one of their last eleven series. And they'll be playing the Yanks in NY this upcoming week.

Of course, in two months the Yanks will be 20 over and the Bucs will be 20 under. But it's nice to enjoy it while it lasts.

Tekijawa
06-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Question, would it be easier for King George to rebuild the Yankee's or sell the Yankees and buy a smaller market team and build them up with the wealth built from the Sale of the Yanks? Say he could sell the Yankees to a buyer for around a Billion five and then turn around and buy the Home town Indians for a 500 Mil... you could do a lot of things with the indians with a billion dollars in the bank earning over 10% a year?!?!?!

Just a thought