PDA

View Full Version : Pure Speculation: Hawk and Wimpy

32nd&Wallace
06-08-2005, 09:21 AM
I was talking with a friend about the Sox televison broadcasts and how disinterested Hawk has been over the past five years in DJ. As we all no, ther is no chemistry between them and Hawk brings DJ down.

Which led to us discussing Hawk and Wimpy and how much you used to laugh during those broadcasts.

So here I am trying to unravel one of the greatest White Sox mysteries of all time - why did Tom Paciorek leave or was he pushed out?

Lip Man 1
06-08-2005, 09:42 AM
'Officially' the Sox claimed Paciorek was not preparing for his broadcasts. What makes that comment 'smell' funny is the fact that it took them 11 years to discover that.

Paciorek began broadcasting for the Sox in 1988. He was let go after the 1999 season.

Read into that what you will.

Lip

kj.hayes
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
As we all no, ther is no chemistry between them and Hawk brings DJ down.

You're kidding right?

When are we going to get Hawk and Black Jack in the booth together? That would be killer.

32nd&Wallace
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
That was their official line! As if DJ is some sort of baseball savant? The Trib did a piece awhile back on Hawk. Mentioned in the article was that Paciorek made some off-color comments about Michael Jordan. Why that would have gotten him fired, I have no idea.

I didn't watch a lot of Sox broadcasts in 1999, but did anyone sense the chemistry was waning between Hawk and Wimpy towards the end.

Madvora
06-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I didn't watch a lot of Sox broadcasts in 1999, but did anyone sense the chemistry was waning between Hawk and Wimpy towards the end.

Not at all to me. I was stunned that they wouldn't be together anymore. That's why so many people are curious about this, because everything seemed to be going so well.

ja1022
06-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Not at all to me. I was stunned that they wouldn't be together anymore. That's why so many people are curious about this, because everything seemed to be going so well.

As I recall, the original story was that Tom was accepting an opportunity to do color in Detroit and be closer to home. I could be wrong, but I thought that was the original story. Only later did other rumours and stuff start to surface.

32nd&Wallace
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
As I recall, the original story was that Tom was accepting an opportunity to do color in Detroit and be closer to home. I could be wrong, but I thought that was the original story. Only later did other rumours and stuff start to surface.I don't buy that. He is from Detroit but lives in Georgia full-time.

skottyj242
06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I always thought that Wimpy "stepped down" because he was sick and wanted to go back to Georgia. Hasn't he done Braves games on TBS the last couple of years?

ja1022
06-08-2005, 10:39 AM
I don't buy that. He is from Detroit but lives in Georgia full-time.

I don't buy it either. As I said, I think that was the spin they were putting on it at the time. Isn't Paciorek doing something for the Brave's now?

BaseballTonyght
06-08-2005, 10:48 AM
I've always wondered about the real reason for his leaving... the answers given up to this point just haven't sat right. There has to be more, and there are rumors-a-plenty, but I'm sure the truth will come forth eventually (as it usually does).

TDog
06-08-2005, 10:57 AM
As I recall, the original story was that Tom was accepting an opportunity to do color in Detroit and be closer to home. I could be wrong, but I thought that was the original story. Only later did other rumours and stuff start to surface.

Initially, Paciorek said he was leaving broadcasting to be closer to his family. When he started getting partial-season jobs with other teams, that line lost all credibility.

Paciorek is a fun baseball color man with personality and a respect for fans that Harrelson doesn't have. Harrelson's ego was too big to put up with Paciorek in the booth. I don't have television, so my view is irrelevant, but I think Bill Melton and Paciorek would be a better announcing team for the Sox than Harrelson and anyone.

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2005, 11:02 AM
When are we going to get Hawk and Black Jack in the booth together? That would be killer.
zzzzzzzzzz....what!...damn, i just had the most wonderful dream

32nd&Wallace
06-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Someone posted this on an Atlanta Braves website. Interesting:

greenpeach from Atlanta, Georgia writes: Don't get me started on Hawk. Last year, I ran into Tom Paciorek at a bar here in Atlanta. He was a really nice guy. We talked for almost two hours, mostly about baseball. He absolutely despises Hawk. He called him a backstabber. And that was the nicest thing he said about him.

Hopefully we can get greenpeach to come here and confirm or possibly add additional information to the story. I always thought even before reading this from greenpeach ( and Mike can tell you that I told him so) that Hawk did it to Whimpy.

AutoMick I will confirm the conversation with Tom Paciorek did indeed take place. I met him at a local bar here in Atlanta (Jocks & Jills) while I was waiting for some friends. TP now lives in Atlanta because he's the color analyst on the Braves telecasts. He's a great guy & was very cordial to me & my friends, TP was sitting by himself waiting to meet his blind date. We watched football together & talked baseball for almost two hours. Even after his date arrived, we continued our conversation. His date was a good sport & didn't seem to mind. LOL Anyway to make along story short, he loves Tommy Lasorda, Steve Garvey & Bobby Valentine. I guess BV is one of his best friends. He indicated that he would give you the shirt off of his back if you asked him. He also indicated that playing for Walt Alston was a joke. TP indicated that Walt couldn't have picked him out of a police lineup even though he played for him. He said Walt was like your senile grandfather. He refuted the notion that Lasorda stabbed Walt in the back to get the Dodgers job in 1977. He said that rumor was complete garbage & that Walt should've retired years before he did. The only time TP's mood darkened was when one of my friends mentioned Hawk Harrelson & the White Sox. TP said he loved Chicago & didn't want to leave, but that the Hawk stabbed him in the back. No one wanted to press him on the details because TP was clearly agitated at this point. He called Hawk a jackass & the subject was abruptly dropped. TP bought us a couple of rounds of beer & then my friends & I took off & left TP alone with his date. In summary, TP is a really good guy & very approachable. I hope I run into him again sometime, so we can talk more baseball.

kevingrt
06-08-2005, 11:05 AM
I have no clue why Wimpy left, but I do know one thing Hawk and Wimpy combined to be one of the best, most enjoyable booths in baseball in the 90's. They were so fun and interesting to listen to. I wish they could rejoin for at least one game. It would be so AMAZING!

BeviBall!
06-08-2005, 11:05 AM
From what I understand, Paciorek hates Hawk these days and refuses to discuss anything related to him. Something happened.

slavko
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
As I said in another thread a while back, Wimpy was interviewed on a Chicago sports talk station the season after he left and thanked everyone associated with the Sox from JR to the ballboys...except Hawk. My guess is that management wanted changes made on the broadcasts, preparation time being one possibility, and Hawk went along with it and Tom didn't. Tom may have felt he didn't get the backing he deserved from Hawk and thus the origin of the backstabbing charge. That was the year Hawk got rid of the goofy cowboy hats.

chisox2005
06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I've heard straight from Ed Farmers mouth that Hawk was just awful to deal with and Hawk wanted Wimpy gone, and thats what happen.

BainesHOF
06-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I always enjoyed Paciorek, though it was clear he usually didn't even bother to read a newspaper before that day's broadcast. He often didn't have a clue to what was happening around the league.

However, I think it's pretty apparent that the reason Paciorek left was Harrelson. I suspect that Harrelson wanted to be the big cheese in the booth and didn't like that Paciorek was an equal.

I used to cringe the way Harrelson would hang Paciorek out to dry on the air or when he'd give him one of his verbal beatdowns. Paciorek would just roll with the punches, but he couldn't have liked it.

The Racehorse
06-08-2005, 12:15 PM
... he [Tom Paciorek] loves Tommy Lasorda, Steve Garvey & Bobby Valentine. I guess BV is one of his best friends. He indicated that he would give you the shirt off of his back if you asked him.

OK, Valentine will give the shirt off his back... what about the fake mustache and glasses? :redneck

As for Tom Paciorek, he did a great job in my opinion. Wimpy's personality is just as big as Hawk's. BTW, personality and not ego, big difference... so it doesn't suprise me that something had to eventually give, like the larger ego winning out.

Wimpy, you are missed [at least by me].

soxfan1956
06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Best Hawk/Wimpy moment I can remember was in Cleveland, early 1990's I think. Fisk takes a foul ball in the grapes (I mean really hard) and he's crawling around on his hands and knees for a few minutes. The booth is strangely silent and Hawk finally says "one strike the count".... You hear some giggling in the background and Wimpy says (still giggling) ....and no balls. Priceless.

I was talking with a friend about the Sox televison broadcasts and how disinterested Hawk has been over the past five years in DJ. As we all no, ther is no chemistry between them and Hawk brings DJ down.

Which led to us discussing Hawk and Wimpy and how much you used to laugh during those broadcasts.

So here I am trying to unravel one of the greatest White Sox mysteries of all time - why did Tom Paciorek leave or was he pushed out?

bayzbol44
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
This is actually one of the many reasons why I dislike Hawk. The copy/paste of that message from the other website is a perfect example of the real Hawk! He has a huge ego. Why do you think he puts up with DJ??? Because he gets to run all over him!!! Do you think Blackjack would take that? Not! Wimpy took it as long as he could. My understanding, from what I have heard in interviews, is that Wimpy was told to play a certain "character" (my opinion, to dummy it down some more) and he refused because he knew Hawk was asking for this so he and his big ego would feel better.

LVSoxFan
06-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't know if anybody else noticed this but when the game was on FOX last weekend and it was DJ with the FOX guy, DJ seemed a lot more animated and lively than he does with Hawk.

mweflen
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
what about the whole priest sex abuse thing? That was in the papers soon after Wimperoo left.

The Racehorse
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't know if anybody else noticed this but when the game was on FOX last weekend and it was DJ with the FOX guy, DJ seemed a lot more animated and lively than he does with Hawk.

I also notice that... DJ comes across with a personality on FOX, versus SOX games where he comes across oracley-hamstrung.

Uncle_Patrick
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
what about the whole priest sex abuse thing? That was in the papers soon after Wimperoo left.

I recall the story, but I'm pretty sure that it had nothing to do with his departure from the White Sox.

soxgirl617
06-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Disappointing (but not surprising) to hear of Hawk's role in Wimpy's departure. I LOVED them as an announcing team, and I miss TP to this day. (Unlike others, I kind of like DJ, and I've also noticed that he seemed more animated on the Fox broadcast w/out Hawk.) I always remember the season (not sure which one, but one of the awful ones) when Wimpy said he'd shave his head if the Sox won three (I think) in a row. They promptly did so, and he ended up with a crew cut, which was done on the air. Does anyone else remember that? I love that guy.

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Take this for what it's worth -- a rumor -- but I am almost positive that hints of alcohol abuse on Wimpy's side were cited as being a contributing factor.

Madvora
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I always remember the season (not sure which one, but one of the awful ones) when Wimpy said he'd shave his head if the Sox won three (I think) in a row. They promptly did so, and he ended up with a crew cut, which was done on the air. Does anyone else remember that? I love that guy.

That was 8 in a row and I think it was right in the beginning of when they were getting good again. It was about the time of new Comiskey or the year before. Maybe 1990 or 1991.

MIgrenade
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Take this for what it's worth -- a rumor -- but I am almost positive that hints of alcohol abuse on Wimpy's side were cited as being a contributing factor.

Maybe, and after the stuff came out about his father I guess I can agree. But alcohol certainly never hurt Harry Careys popularity.

And by the way, I'm starting to think DJ is a better play by play guy than Hawk. He doesn't have the signature call by any stretch but when he is just calling the game and not acting like a fool (which does a little too often) he is much better. I don't know, that's just me.

FARMEO
06-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I remember reading a quote from Wimpy that stated he was asked by the Sox to be more analytical during broadcasts - and of course, he said he don't want to change his style. This does relate to the request to be more prepared.

jdm2662
06-08-2005, 02:55 PM
That was 8 in a row and I think it was right in the beginning of when they were getting good again. It was about the time of new Comiskey or the year before. Maybe 1990 or 1991.

The White Sox won their first eight games after the all-star game after the dreadful first half. TP said if they got their streak to seven, he would shave his head. It was the only highlight of that awful season. I remember this because my friend was in Italy during the time, and he missed the only good point of the season...
________
Dodge Power Wagon Specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Power_Wagon)

Uncle_Patrick
06-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Maybe, and after the stuff came out about his father I guess I can agree. But alcohol certainly never hurt Harry Careys popularity.

And by the way, I'm starting to think DJ is a better play by play guy than Hawk. He doesn't have the signature call by any stretch but when he is just calling the game and not acting like a fool (which does a little too often) he is much better. I don't know, that's just me.

Harry Carey is from a different era. There's no way broadcasters today would get away with some of the things Harry did.

If I recall, Wimpy claimed that their were some differences of opinion with the White Sox management and that led to his departure, although difficulties with Hawk were rumored right away.

From most accounts I've heard, Hawk can be difficult to work with. DJ generally seems better when Hawk is not there, except maybe when he broadcasts with Ventura. Then he spends all his time praising Robin's accomplishments. I like Hawk just fine, but I think as long as he's there, you're never going to see him partnered with anyone who will appear to be a top-notch broadcaster. I think its pretty obvious that DJ can be better, he's just not as good around Hawk. And Hawk is Reinsdorf's boy, so don't expect him to be removed anytime soon.

steff
06-08-2005, 05:11 PM
FWIU Hawk flapped his gums about Tom's sex abuse and that's what led to their feud.. Tom stopped participating with Hawk in and out of the booth and that's why he left. I've only heard good things from him about the Sox.. but don't have children around if you ask him about Hawk. :o:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
i think that the chemistry between hawk and deej is improving. as of late hawk has been responding to dj and his comments/questions. much better than the beginning of the season. still no john and ed though

32nd&Wallace
06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
FWIU Hawk flapped his gums about Tom's sex abuse and that's what led to their feud.. Tom stopped participating with Hawk in and out of the booth and that's why he left. I've only heard good things from him about the Sox.. but don't have children around if you ask him about Hawk. :o:

I heard that he had girlfriend in almost every road city.

What do you mean by that he stopped participating with him in and out of the booth? About when did this start?

32nd&Wallace
06-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Disappointing (but not surprising) to hear of Hawk's role in Wimpy's departure. I LOVED them as an announcing team, and I miss TP to this day. (Unlike others, I kind of like DJ, and I've also noticed that he seemed more animated on the Fox broadcast w/out Hawk.) I always remember the season (not sure which one, but one of the awful ones) when Wimpy said he'd shave his head if the Sox won three (I think) in a row. They promptly did so, and he ended up with a crew cut, which was done on the air. Does anyone else remember that? I love that guy. 1989

SpammySosa
06-09-2005, 12:11 AM

Source? Sharing nuggets of information like this is really unnecessary,not to mention unfair since 1)It is just an unconfirmed rumor and 2)It really is none of our business even if it was true. I understand you being curious about Wimpy's departure, but you might want to stick to more credible speculations.

Nellie_Fox
06-09-2005, 12:14 AM
I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this, but just from reading the thread, a single thing struck me.

If Wimpy in fact did absolutely no preparation for the games, knew nothing about what was going on elsewhere in baseball, how can you blame Hawk for not liking it and not supporting him? These guys get paid big money; the color man better be informed.

Just because Wimpy has nothing good to say about Hawk doesn't necessarily mean Hawk was in the wrong.

ClaudelSleptHere
06-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Even if Wimpy knew nothing about other teams and did little or no prep work, it's obvious to me from this thread that the complaints did not come from fans. It had to be something internal. Most Sox fans seemed to love the guy (me included).

32nd&Wallace
06-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Source? Sharing nuggets of information like this is really unnecessary,not to mention unfair since 1)It is just an unconfirmed rumor and 2)It really is none of our business even if it was true. I understand you being curious about Wimpy's departure, but you might want to stick to more credible speculations.
Source - was Paciorek himself in a Sun-TImes article when he came forth with the priest abuse allegations. He said his womanizing was a problem brought on by the abuse.

hawkjt
06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone catch Wimpy last nite on the bonus coverage on ESPN of FSN South coverage of braves-angels game? I just heard his voice and all the good memories of Hawk wimpy came back. Sounds exactly the same and he is just such a natural at his job I really do not think he would need all that much prep.

The contrast with DJ is startling. Wimpy is just light years better. What a shame.

Oh well I guess we are stuck with ; '' Oh,Oh ''

I loved the call of Rooney last nite on the Politte/umpire nailed play and then of course his call of the Big Hurt

'' Way back- goodbye- its in the rocks!!!!!''

Lip Man 1
06-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Nellie:

The 'problem' with your theory is the fact that it took the White Sox organization 11 years to realize he wasn't prepared.

That seems to be less then credible. If he wasn't doing his homework and was that bad, changes would have been made far earlier don't you think?

Lip

steff
06-09-2005, 12:41 PM

What do you mean by that he stopped participating with him in and out of the booth? About when did this start?

As I remember it.. the entire incident was started and over within 2 months (Hawk opening his mouth to Wimpy leaving).

SpammySosa
06-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Source - was Paciorek himself in a Sun-TImes article when he came forth with the priest abuse allegations. He said his womanizing was a problem brought on by the abuse.

Link?:tongue:

32nd&Wallace
06-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Link?:tongue: No, I don't have a link. The story broke three years ago. My memory was jogged when Steff made the post about his womanizing.

mike squires
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Well Lip. sounds like your gonna have to hunt Tommy down and ask him yourself. WSI Interview??? :D:

Rich McKinney
06-09-2005, 03:28 PM
I remember reading that Reinsdorf insisted that Paciorek put more analyses into the broadcasts and Wimpy said he'd take a hike. I'm shocked he and Hawk aren't getting along...They were a great tandem.

bayzbol44
06-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I think Wimpy just created this website...

www.heavethehawk.com (http://www.heavethehawk.com)

steff
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
No, I don't have a link. The story broke three years ago. My memory was jogged when Steff made the post about his womanizing.

Umm.. I didn't make a post about his womanizing.. :?:

32nd&Wallace
06-09-2005, 05:49 PM
FWIU Hawk flapped his gums about Tom's sex abuse and that's what led to their feud.. Tom stopped participating with Hawk in and out of the booth and that's why he left. I've only heard good things from him about the Sox.. but don't have children around if you ask him about Hawk. :o: sorry, sex abuse

Nellie_Fox
06-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Nellie:

The 'problem' with your theory is the fact that it took the White Sox organization 11 years to realize he wasn't prepared.

That seems to be less than credible. If he wasn't doing his homework and was that bad, changes would have been made far earlier don't you think?

LipHell, I don't know, Lip. I wasn't there. My point was that just because Paciorek sounds off about Hawk in a bar doesn't mean Hawk was wrong. It's just too easy to listen to one side of a story over a few beers and assume that's the only side.

I've worked with poeple over the years who did a really good job for a while, then started mailing it in. Haven't you? In police work, we had a term for it: going ROAD, Retired On Active Duty.

drillrod
06-11-2005, 02:48 PM
The supposed "rumors" are nothing more than the truth... Hawk was taught the "gameplan" to get rid of a partner that was becoming too popular and overtaking the so-called senior voice in the booth... He learned from the best...Mr. Friendly himself, Don Drysdale.... Remember Double D and the Hawk were partners in the Sox booth... And Double D told Hawk that you get rid of the guy by circulating anonymous rumors about the other guy's work ethic.. such as not coming to the park early, not preparing by going over the competitor for the evening stats, not offering anything new to the broadcast and saying negative things about the team when the mike is off and criticizing ownership.... Hawk even told Tom about this "gameplan"... and Tom, as expected, laughed it off and shook his head ...not expecting that Hawk would do it to him.. nonetheless he did exactly that and folllowed the "gameplan" to the T... Tom, being way to nice of guy... didn't want to lower himself to the Hawkaroo level of filth and deceit.. opted to bow out with his self respect and the admiration of every true Sox fan.... It was Tom who long ago pointed out that broadcast journalism involves the ability to communicate in descriptive terms that educate the fan and provide insight into the game and the team.. Tom did this with intelligence, wit and humor... Tom had no love for the "two word" catch phrases Hawkaroo used to describe the game.... the only time Hawk does speak in sentences with words that have more than one syllable is one he is talking about himself or putting the broadcast challenged DJ down... Well, that is the story.... When you see Tom, just tell him you miss him and buy him a beer...

skobabe8
06-12-2005, 11:53 AM
I find it really weird that Hawk will still mention Wimpy during broadcasts once in a while, like they are still buddies.

Nellie_Fox
06-13-2005, 01:10 AM
The supposed "rumors" are nothing more than the truth... Hawk was taught the "gameplan" to get rid of a partner that was becoming too popular and overtaking the so-called senior voice in the booth... He learned from the best...Mr. Friendly himself, Don Drysdale.... Remember Double D and the Hawk were partners in the Sox booth... And Double D told Hawk that you get rid of the guy by circulating anonymous rumors about the other guy's work ethic.. such as not coming to the park early, not preparing by going over the competitor for the evening stats, not offering anything new to the broadcast and saying negative things about the team when the mike is off and criticizing ownership.... Hawk even told Tom about this "gameplan"... and Tom, as expected, laughed it off and shook his head ...not expecting that Hawk would do it to him.. nonetheless he did exactly that and folllowed the "gameplan" to the T... Tom, being way to nice of guy... didn't want to lower himself to the Hawkaroo level of filth and deceit.. opted to bow out with his self respect and the admiration of every true Sox fan.... It was Tom who long ago pointed out that broadcast journalism involves the ability to communicate in descriptive terms that educate the fan and provide insight into the game and the team.. Tom did this with intelligence, wit and humor... Tom had no love for the "two word" catch phrases Hawkaroo used to describe the game.... the only time Hawk does speak in sentences with words that have more than one syllable is one he is talking about himself or putting the broadcast challenged DJ down... Well, that is the story.... When you see Tom, just tell him you miss him and buy him a beer...Oh, please, Just how the hell do you know this? And if it's true, why did Drysdale "teach" it to Hawk instead of "doing" it to Hawk?

This is becoming a huge load of unsubstantiated crap.

And baseball announcing is not "broadcast journalism."

Saracen
06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Wimpy was just on the radio here in Dallas (Atlanta is in town) talking about how his first roommate in baseball was Bobby Valentine, etc. One of the questions was "Do you hate Hawk?" He said he liked Hawk and after 12 years with the Sox it was just time to move on. He compared their relationship to a marriage.

Take it for what it's worth, but I thought it was funny he was asked the question since this thread has been going the past few days.

drillrod
06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
are you kidding me????? generational differences???? Tom is a great guy... very considerate of others and not afraid to share the limelight with anyone... approach him on the street and he will talk to you like you have been friends all your life...... Hawk comes across rather pompous and self-centered... and as for his abilities as an announcer.... he doesn't have any... he is not articulate to the point where he can carry a conversation beyond his two word/one syllable self-promoting garbage.... look for substance...there is none.. Hawk screwed Tom and forced him out ..... no doubt about it.... Tom will not lose any sleep over Hawk... don't count on them sharing a Kodak moment together....

drillrod
06-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Nellie... DD left town for a bigger contract doing Dodger and Angel games.... He didn't have to "do it" to Hawk... he gave him that parting wisdom as a way of protecting himself... if you think Tom left on his own, well then I have some property in Florida I would love to sell you...

JimH
06-15-2005, 06:32 PM
are you kidding me????? generational differences???? Tom is a great guy... very considerate of others and not afraid to share the limelight with anyone... approach him on the street and he will talk to you like you have been friends all your life...... Hawk comes across rather pompous and self-centered... and as for his abilities as an announcer.... he doesn't have any... he is not articulate to the point where he can carry a conversation beyond his two word/one syllable self-promoting garbage.... look for substance...there is none.. Hawk screwed Tom and forced him out ..... no doubt about it.... Tom will not lose any sleep over Hawk... don't count on them sharing a Kodak moment together....

The initial post was about DJ, but I'm curious how you know all this about Harrelson. I've met him several times in several different situations and he's always been nothing less than personable, friendly, well spoken, and he looks you in the eye.

I've met Paciorek 3 times, he was very nice all three times as well.

But I'm curious to understand how you "know" Harrelson screwed TP and forced him out, is this based on the Atlanta airport conversation which has been referred to on this site? Or?

NonetheLoaiza
06-15-2005, 06:39 PM

Wimpy? Is that you??

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Nellie... DD left town for a bigger contract doing Dodger and Angel games.... He didn't have to "do it" to Hawk... he gave him that parting wisdom as a way of protecting himself... if you think Tom left on his own, well then I have some property in Florida I would love to sell you...You didn't answer my question: how in the hell do you know this? Who are you?

Anybody can repeat barroom gossip.