PDA

View Full Version : Facinating Sox fact

DumpJerry
06-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Ok, the Good Guys are 20 games over .500, have not lost numer 20 yet and have owned the best record in MLB for quite a while now.

Now for the interesting part. Last week during one of the games, it was mentioned that the Sox are the only team in all of MLB that has not scored 5 runs in one inning this year. They have not had a big inning (5 or more runs) since last week.

Think about it. Think about how important a Big Offense is to a team's success. The C. Lee trade, not signing Maggs and Big Hurt being out until last week are looking more and more minor every day. Something else is working for the Sox to make this a Very Special Season.......

I call it chemistry. The team does what it take to win, not to make a statement with 20 runs followed by being shut out the next three games.

chidonez
06-07-2005, 11:54 PM
It's called deep pitching.

popilius
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Also during the Cleveland series, I think the Sox were the last time to bat around in an inning. That was when they scored 4 in the first of Westbrook.

:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2005, 12:05 AM
In addition, it was said during tonight's broadcast that the Sox are the only team with a record over break-even when scoring four or less runs in a game...

This team impresses!

DumpJerry
06-08-2005, 07:44 AM
:KW
Offense? I don't need no stinkin' offense!

Chez
06-08-2005, 08:57 AM
They are built like a National League team -- which is why I think they'll continue to do well in NL parks during inter-league play.

TDog
06-08-2005, 11:42 AM
In addition, it was said during tonight's broadcast that the Sox are the only team with a record over break-even when scoring four or less runs in a game...

This team impresses!

I read that the Yankees have not won a game this season when scoring less than four runs, which means they haven't had any great pitching performances in close games. The Sox won 1-0 at home on opening day and 2-1 in Coors Tuesday night.

Some still call it luck.

Ol' No. 2
06-08-2005, 03:17 PM
I thought the more interesting statistic that I heard Hawk mention (haven't checked it myself) is that the Sox are the only team in all of MLB with a winning record when they score 4 or fewer runs. That's pretty remarkable, and a testament to the solid, and more important, CONSISTENT pitching the Sox have enjoyed.

voodoochile
06-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I am pretty sure the Sox have only been shutout once this season and have won at least one game 1-0 which they didn't do all of last year.

ode to veeck
06-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Don't look now, but they just racked up 6, including one of the most entertaining ABs in a long time, by Cliff Polite, the bullpen stud.

Iguana775
06-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Don't look now, but they just racked up 6, including one of the most entertaining ABs in a long time, by Cliff Polite, the bullpen stud.

Ozzie should let him PH!! :)

DumpJerry
06-08-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm thinking this does not count because:
a) it is in Coors Field.
b) it is the Colorado Rockies and not a real MLB team.
Seriously, it is great to see them pound the daylights out of someone. Puts MLB on notice that we are only 8 games from going 30 over .500!:D:

ode to veeck
06-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Ozzie should let him PH!!

At least when our favorite ump crew (last seen in Oakland) are behind the plate