ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Sweetness

Iguana775
:supernana: :dtroll: :bandance: :supernana: :gulp:

gosox3072
20 games over 500 :) .........HERES TO THE BEST RECORD IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES!!!!:gulp:

rowand33
bad news is... the twins are up 6-5 now.

but my god, Cotts is really good this year.

elrod
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
20 games over .500. 15-12 in games where the Sox score 4 runs or less.

Rocklive99
Series win!

Tomorow's lineup features Ozzie Guillen Jr playing 1st, DJ playing SS, and a spot start by Cliff Politte

BigEdWalsh
OUTSTANDING pitching! WOOOO!

:supernana: :) :supernana:

ClaudelSleptHere
I drank so much tonight I thought I saw Uribe draw a walk. Has a setup man ever won Pick to Click? You could build a heck of a case for Cotts tonight. He was awesome.

CHISOXFAN13
There isn't a guy I feel more confident in right now than Neal Cotts. He's been absolutely lights out in the last week plus.

Outstanding.

This one will finally quiet the pessimists who didn't think this club could get to the 20-game over .500 plateau.

Go get 'em tomorrow night El Duque!!!!

nedlug
cuddyer 2-run jack 8-5

well, at least we held our position

RedFoxSoxFan
20 games over .500 and i'm lovin every second of it.
go sox

Kogs35
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
nice job pitching staff tonight :bandance: :gulp: :) :supernana: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:

BlackHat91
Cotts made it look easy tonight. Its good our pitching was on, because our offense didnt really show up.

soxfanreggie
Uribe needs to be benched ASAP. He isn't playing his way out of his slump yet. i really don't want to see him stike out again because it's what he has done most of his times at the plate as of late. Superb job by the pitching staff. Middle of our lineup did just enough to win but should have scored more runs...I guess that goes for the whole lineup.

Gosh darn Diamondbacks are down 6-5 after being up 4-0...:angry:
How come teams get up big on the Twins and blow leads...

Cowhead418
Who would have thunk that the Sox would have a 2.00 ERA at Coors Field these first two games?:cool:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Hello Neal Cotts - wow - lights out.

If we don't sweep tomorrow, there are some serious problems.

CHISOXFAN13
bad news is... the twins are up 6-5 now.

but my god, Cotts is really good this year.

While every other team in the AL worth a damn lost.

Maybe the Twins can do the unthinkable and take the WC spot!

ShoelessJoeS
wow. what another thrilling victory for the sox. who knew cotts could be so dominant?

ilsox7
Uribe needs to be benched ASAP. He isn't playing his way out of his slump yet. i really don't want to see him stike out again because it's what he has done most of his times at the plate as of late. Superb job by the pitching staff. Middle of our lineup did just enough to win but should have scored more runs...I guess that goes for the whole lineup.

SO who ya gonna play at short? Oh take a look at our record while you're looking for an answer at who to play at short.

JB98
06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Jose effectively wild once again. Two of his three victories this year have been by a 2-1 score. Wonderful job by Cotts and Hermanson. Spotless relief pitching.

Now, let's finish it off tomorrow. We've already had seven series this year where we've won the first two games, then failed in our attempt to sweep. I'm tired of that. Let's kick this Colorado team while they're down.

FarWestChicago

How come teams get up big on the Twins and blow leads...Oh shut the **** up. Jesus, you should be embarrassed by posting **** like this. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what an idiotic post. Get a grip.

Johnny Mostil

Um, like what?

soltrain21

20 games over says otherwise? Sure it will suck if we don't get the sweep. Serious problems is quite the overstatment.

TaylorStSox
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM

Is this the same Uribe that was 3 for 5 yesterday?

Brian26
Farmio wants us to pick up another left handed pitcher for the pen that can come in and get one guy out (he said it on the broadcast tonight).

I enjoy the lovefest between AJ and Hermy after these saves. It's like they are both SO happy to be out of San Francisco.

NSSoxFan

Yea, if the Sox don't sweep tomorrow, let's just pack it in for the season...

:rolleyes:

TaylorStSox
Okay. I told myself I'd ignore the Chicken Little's.

That's better.

nedlug
06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Very very impressive pitching staff. Happiness abounds. :gulp: :gulp:

FarWestChicago
If we don't sweep tomorrow, there are some serious problems.:rolling:

SoxxoS
If we keep winning we won't have to scoreboard watch b/c the Central will have the Wild Card. :supernana:

I don't care how we get there as long as we get there.

bluestar
06-07-2005, 10:53 PM

The pitching matchup tomorrow seriously favors the Rockies.

I'm just going to enjoy this win tonight, though!

:supernana:

ND_Sox_Fan
20 games over says otherwise? Sure it will suck if we don't get the sweep. Serious problems is quite the overstatment.

We are playing a AAA team - I am just saying it is not too much to expect the sweep.

TaylorStSox
We are playing a AAA team - I am just saying it is not too much to expect the sweep.

That AAA team is one of the best hitting teams in the NL. Get a grip.

NSSoxFan

Todd Helton is in AAA now?

JB98

I can't tell you how sick I am of the Uribe and Crede bashing. No, neither of them have lived up to expectations offensively. But we win with pitching and defense. Ground balls to the left side of the infield are being turned into outs like clockwork this year. That hasn't been the case for the Sox since Ozzie was playing and Robin was here. Ask our any member of our pitching staff if they feel Juan should be benched. They'd probably punch you right in the mouth. Uribe is light years better than Manos defensively, and that is the shortstop's main job: playing defense.

Cowhead418
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Hello Neal Cotts - wow - lights out.

God forbid we lose a game while we are 20 games over .500. If we lose tomorrow we should blow up this franchise. Who would want to watch a team that can't sweep the Rockies?

nedlug
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM

If we can't pull off the sweep, it's time for another White Flag trade.

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 10:55 PM

Yea, Jeff Francis and his 5.03 ERA is dominating. :rolleyes:

Iguana775
Oh shut the **** up. Jesus, you should be embarrassed by posting **** like this. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what an idiotic post. Get a grip.

Damn, West, I dont remember you being so.....umm....angry. lol. Must be all of the "sky is falling" crap that's getting to you? lol.

SOXPHILE
:supernana: :supernana: Only 2 runs, but a win's a win ! Great pitching tonight AGAIN ! 39-19. WOO HOO !

FarWestChicago
LOL, the depressoids are just getting asshanded in here tonight. This is a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

elrod
FONC (Friends of Neal Cotts for the uninitiated) are celebrating right now. I am the charter member. You have my permission to :gulp:

JB98
06-07-2005, 10:56 PM

Jeff Francis is better than El Duque?
:?:

ND_Sox_Fan
Todd Helton is in AAA now?

Might as well be - check the season he is having. Relax the Rockies are 19-38. The NL's version of the Royals, and they play in Mile High - they should be one of the best hitting teams in the NL.

Buehrle > Wood
Good to see Hermy come in and lock up the save. I bet Jeff Brantley is happy. :rolleyes:

elrod
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM

Francis has been lights out, especially at home. It would have been great to have JC against Francis. The outcome would very likely have been what it was tonight. Hopefully El Duque will pitch well.

FarWestChicago
Damn, West, I dont remember you being so.....umm....angry. lol. Must be all of the "sky is falling" crap that's getting to you? lol.Well what the hell. We've had to put up with the chicken littles for years. How can these guys continue to blow guts and freak out after every Sox victory. Hell, they aren't even FOLIP's. Lip is even having some fun. They are just demented.

DaleJRFan
my god, Cotts is really good this year.

other than the pitch he threw over Helton's head, did he throw a ball???

NSSoxFan
LOL, the FOLIP's are just getting asshanded in here tonight. This is a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

FWC, personally I was inspired by you. I've been sick of all the chicken little's on WSI in the past but this year it is out of hand. I'll do my part to make sure the FOLIP's always get what they deserve.

:cool:

TaylorStSox
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I can't tell you how sick I am of the Uribe and Crede bashing. No, neither of them have lived up to expectations offensively. But we win with pitching and defense. Ground balls to the left side of the infield are being turned into outs like clockwork this year. That hasn't been the case for the Sox since Ozzie was playing and Robin was here. Ask our any member of our pitching staff if they feel Juan should be benched. They'd probably punch you right in the mouth. Uribe is light years better than Manos defensively, and that is the shortstop's main job: playing defense.

:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

Somebody buy this guy a beer. *Claps*

Hendu
Wow. Mr. Neil Cotts has arrived. Feels good to finally get to that 20 games over mark and JC was dominant. The offense wasn't impressive, but they did enough to get the job done, so can't ask for much more than that. This game was all about the pitching though...and do those pesky twinkies ever lose?

Hopefully Ozzie now realizes that Crede can't bunt. It's just not going to happen.

voodoochile

Oh, you were serious... I just assumed it was so obviously sarcastic that no teal was needed...

but you were serious...:?:<--------------picture him scratching his head.

:winner

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

ilsox7
Well what the hell. We've had to put up with the chicken littles for years. How can these guys continue to blow guts and freak out after every Sox victory. Hell, they aren't even FOLIP's. Lip is even having some fun. They are just demented.

Perfect word: demented.

It sums up much of the crowd around here so well.

Brian26
06-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Agreed. There is no such thing as parity in MLB. The Rockies just don't look very competitive.

ShoelessJoeS
other than the pitch he threw over Helton's head, did he throw a ball???
mlb gameday reports 18 strikes out of 25 pitches

Iguana775
Yea, Jeff Francis and his 5.03 ERA is dominating. :rolleyes:

Well, he is 4-0 and about a 3.00 era at Coors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=7383

CHISOXFAN13
Might as well be - check the season he is having. Relax the Rockies are 19-38. The NL's version of the Royals, and they play in Mile High - they should be one of the best hitting teams in the NL.

The Rockies entered this series 15-13 at home, recently taking 2 of 3 from the vaunted Cardinals.

You may not be impressed, but I sure as hell feel great about the way this team is winning on the road. I don't care where it is.

SOXPHILE
:jerry
"Well, we alreay took the series, and now we're 20 games over .500. I think we can ease up a bit here going into the off day. Maybe I'll have Shingo do a spot start tommorrow, move Uribe to center,...hmmm...Paulie can lead off...tinker tinker tinker tinker..."

FarWestChicago
FWC, personally I was inspired by you. I've been sick of all the chicken little's on WSI in the past but this year it is out of hand. I'll do my part to make sure the FOLIP's always get what they deserve.

:cool:I'm easing up in the FOLIP thing. Lip has been enjoying this run. He has shown he can enjoy life a little. These Chronic Depressoids are another thing all together. They are just truly disturbed people. I think they enjoy losing so they can bitch. :redneck

SoxFan48
There isn't a guy I feel more confident in right now than Neal Cotts. He's been absolutely lights out in the last week plus.

We started the year with Cotts and Politte at the back of the bullpen. Now they are #1 LH and RH set-up man. Shingo is history and Marte and Vizcaino are struggling to hold on...Strange world.

TaylorStSox
If there is a FOCotts then I have to nominate myself for the leader. I still would like to see him starting in AAA though. He's going to be a number 3. Hell! With the way he's pitching, there's no way we can get do that. Good problem to have.

Sox of White
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM

My thoughts too. Why do you have no faith in Orlando?

But, you want to see a mismatch in pitching... I was just looking at the probables for tomorrow, and the Blue Jays/scrub game was on top, and had Halladay against Mitre.

Brian26

Guys like Helton and Wilson don't look quite as dangerous when you look at the other 7 guys surrounding them in the lineup. That Rockies team just isn't very good.

JB98
:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

Somebody buy this guy a beer. *Claps*

I'm at work right now, so I'll take a raincheck. Thanks anyway.
:cool:

ND_Sox_Fan
Oh, you were serious... I just assumed it was so obviously sarcastic that no teal was needed...

but you were serious...:?:<--------------picture him scratching his head.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

I was just kidding about the serious problems!!!!!

I am excited tonight, smelling blood, and want despirately for us to bury this team.

voodoochile
FONC (Friends of Neal Cotts for the uninitiated) are celebrating right now. I am the charter member. You have my permission to :gulp:

I propose we pronounce that Fon-Cee... because Neil Cotts is pitchin way cool... AAAAAAAAAAA!:thumbsup:

dcb33
Francis has been lights out, especially at home. It would have been great to have JC against Francis. The outcome would very likely have been what it was tonight. Hopefully El Duque will pitch well.

He also gets tons of run support, well over 7 runs per start. I believe he leads the NL in that statistic.

Of course, if Sox pitching strikes out 10+ like they have the last couple games the pressure will definitely be off.

WhiteSox16K
Great game. I will finally, for the first time, give Cotts a hand too What a great job to absolutely make the Rockies look silly. He was so good that we would've only needed him, Pauly, and AJ on the field while he was pitching. Contreras has looked great all year and he kept it up. Finally, I'm so happy the offense could give Contreras some run support tonight to finally earn win #3! Contreras hasn't given up more then 4 earned runs (5 runs) in any start this year. He also has 6 starts giving up only 1 run and ONLY 3 wins! He's been GREAT this year.
:bandance:
I love this team!

MisterB
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Must commend Cotts on his recent performance. His last 9 appearances (including tonight): 10 ip, 13 k, 3 bb, 3 h, 1 er. Nice to see him getting it together.

:gulp:

NWSox

We'll assume you forgot where teal is.

ilsox7
Well, he is 4-0 and about a 3.00 era at Coors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=7383

To say the Rockies have an obvious pitching advantage tomorrow is stupid. I was just pointing that out.

ND_Sox_Fan
Guys like Helton and Wilson don't look quite as dangerous when you look at the other 7 guys surrounding them in the lineup. That Rockies team just isn't very good.

Thank You! Great point!

Iguana775
Well what the hell. We've had to put up with the chicken littles for years. How can these guys continue to blow guts and freak out after every Sox victory. Hell, they aren't even FOLIP's. Lip is even having some fun. They are just demented.

Yea, you got a point. It is pretty annoying for people to bitch and moan after VICTORIES.

Have a beer, West. :) :gulp:

NSSoxFan
I'm easing up in the FOLIP thing. Lip has been enjoying this run. He has shown he can enjoy life a little. These Chronic Depressoids are another thing all together. They are just truly disturbed people. I think they enjoy losing so they can bitch. :redneck

I actually agree with you Lip is having fun, but just barely. (JK Lip) It is time to come up with an official name for these idiots that seem to enjoy losing so they can bitch. LOL.

:rolling:

Brian26
06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
We started the year with Cotts and Politte at the back of the bullpen. Now they are #1 LH and RH set-up man. Shingo is history and Marte and Vizcaino are struggling to hold on...Strange world.

LOL, just imagine the year Mike Jackson would be having if we kept him on the roster! :D:

Iguana775
To say the Rockies have an obvious pitching advantage tomorrow is stupid. I was just pointing that out.

But your point about Francis sucking was stupid also.

JB98

Kennedy was 8-2 lifetime at Coors, and we kicked his backside. I suppose Francis might beat us. Any pitcher in the major leagues is capable of throwing a good game, just look at Kim tonight. But I refuse to say we are at a disadvantage when we face a pitcher with an ERA over 5.

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM

But a beautiful world at 39-19!

FarWestChicago
Guys like Helton and Wilson don't look quite as dangerous when you look at the other 7 guys surrounding them in the lineup. That Rockies team just isn't very good.Here you go, Brian. It will be nice and comfy. You'll fit right in.

Bri's New Home (http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48295)

elrod
If there is a FOCotts then I have to nominate myself for the leader. I still would like to see him starting in AAA though. He's going to be a number 3. Hell! With the way he's pitching, there's no way we can get do that. Good problem to have.

Sorry, I beat you to it. It's the FONC and initiation rites are: :gulp:

You can be Veep. :cool:

Brian26
Must commend Cotts on his recent performance. His last 9 appearances (including tonight): 10 ip, 13 k, 3 bb, 3 h, 1 er. Nice to see him getting it together.

:gulp:

Cotts looked awesome tonight.

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Damned 21 game over .500 barrier in mid-June... It's our season long curse...

We have to get past that hump tomorrow or all is lost...:rolleyes:

Johnny Mostil
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Agreed. There is no such thing as parity in MLB. The Rockies just don't look very competitive.

No, but even the worst teams in baseball win about one of three, and even the very best only win about two of three. Compare to the NFL, where there supposedly *is* parity, and the best teams can win, and the worst teams, lose more than 80 percent of their games every season, something unheard of in baseball. So, back to the original point here, I very much doubt "serious problems" would be indicated by a Rockies win tomorrow. And, if there are, I'd like to know what they might be . . .

FarWestChicago
06-07-2005, 11:05 PM
I actually agree with you Lip is having fun, but just barely. (JK Lip) It is time to come up with an official name for these idiots that seem to enjoy losing so they can bitch. LOL.

:rolling:I'm working on it. RKM already coined FOHF, and that may be a keeper.

ShoelessJoeS
batters are hitting just .188 against cotts....OUCH!

Johnny Mostil
I was just kidding about the serious problems!!!!!

OK, joke understood . . . :smile:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
No, but even the worst teams in baseball win about one of three, and even the very best only win about two of three. Compare to the NFL, where there supposedly *is* parity, and the best teams can win, and the worst teams, lose more than 80 percent of their games every season, something unheard of in baseball. So, back to the original point here, I very much doubt "serious problems" would be indicated by a Rockies win tomorrow. And, if there are, I'd like to know what they might be . . .

Serious problems was completely scarcastic. I was just making a point that I am looking forward to another win tomorrow night.

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
But your point about Francis sucking was stupid also.

A 5.03 ERA is a 5.03 ERA. Yea it's better at home, but he has shown himself to be a mediocre pitcher overall. I was using an extreme example to show the stupidity of a baseless charge.

elrod
We're back on pace with the 1951 White Sox. They were 39-19. They went 40-19 before they fell back to earth. They went 41-54 the rest of the way that year. Hopefully we can do better...

Brian26
batters are hitting just .188 against cotts....OUCH!

How much credit goes to Cooper on this, and/or how much credit goes to AJ? It seemed like Cotts' control last year was decent, but he'd groove fastballs right down the middle and get tagged all the time, like the batters were sitting on his pitches. Is he just using better pitch selection this year? Does he have a little extra giddy-up on his fastball?

Mr. White Sox
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
wow @ past two games! keep it up good guys!

-It seems like Cotts has a fastball up and away that just DOMINATES righties...it comes in at an odd angle, the hitter is baited, and can't do anything with it

FarWestChicago
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
How much credit goes to Cooper on this, and/or how much credit goes to AJ? It seemed like Cotts' control last year was decent, but he'd groove fastballs right down the middle and get tagged all the time, like the batters were sitting on his pitches. Is he just using better pitch selection this year? Does he have a little extra giddy-up on his fastball?I don't know, but he's kicking some ass. :cool:

Brian26
06-07-2005, 11:09 PM
We're back on pace with the 1951 White Sox. They were 39-19. They went 40-19 before they fell back to earth. They went 41-54 the rest of the way that year. Hopefully we can do better...

We're just about 36% through the season, so I know its still early, but...

We're on pace to win 109 games, by my quick calculations. Amazing year so far!:bandance:

NWSox
06-07-2005, 11:09 PM
He also gets tons of run support, well over 7 runs per start. I believe he leads the NL in that statistic.

And it's almost 10 runs per start at Coors.

TaylorStSox
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Sorry, I beat you to it. It's the FONC and initiation rites are: :gulp:

You can be Veep. :cool:

I'll take VP. I do have a body of work that proves I've always been a big fan of Cotts though. :redneck

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 11:11 PM
How much credit goes to Cooper on this, and/or how much credit goes to AJ? It seemed like Cotts' control last year was decent, but he'd groove fastballs right down the middle and get tagged all the time, like the batters were sitting on his pitches. Is he just using better pitch selection this year? Does he have a little extra giddy-up on his fastball?

Not Cooper... it was me... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47706&highlight=cotts)

ShoelessJoeS
06-07-2005, 11:11 PM
i think alot of credit goes to coop. cotts looks confident out on the mound for the first time in his life and seems to be attacking hitters at all costs. i think coop finally knocked him upside the head and said, "hey look kid, you got great stuff, use it," and boy is he ever!

TaylorStSox
06-07-2005, 11:12 PM

The only thing different about Cotts right now is him. He's throwing strikes. It's 100% confidence.

Although, I have noticed him "cutting" his fastball recently. DJ called it a slider tonight. But, that's not a slider.

TaylorStSox
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Let's not forget that Cotts had a very good history of success on all levels. He gave up his first HR in his life to a LH batter last year, IIRC.

Mr. White Sox
Tony Clark home run and it's 8-8!!! go D'Backs!!!!!

Brian26
i think alot of credit goes to coop. cotts looks confident out on the mound for the first time in his life and seems to be attacking hitters at all costs. i think coop finally knocked him upside the head and said, "hey look kid, you got great stuff, use it," and boy is he ever!

Just an interesting sidenote to this....

Hawk threw this in there (very subtle, too) during tonight's game:

:hawk

"And Neal's got a manager than believes in him."

CHISOXFAN13
06-07-2005, 11:14 PM
WOW, Tony Clark!!!!! Dbacks tie it at 8!!!!!!!!

ND_Sox_Fan
The only thing different about Cotts right now is him. He's throwing strikes. It's 100% confidence.

Although, I have noticed him "cutting" his fastball recently. DJ called it a slider tonight. But, that's not a slider.

I definitely agree about the confidence - I am still impressed with him against right handers. They are now batting under .088 against him (.088 was the stat coming into tonight).

voodoochile
Hey neil... this one's for you...

:tomatoaward

BigEdWalsh
Troy Glaus home run and it's 8-8!!! go D'Backs!!!!!

Way to go, Glaus!!
:bandance:

NSSoxFan

YES!

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Please use the twinkies game thread for these posts... It's in talking baseball.

TaylorStSox
06-07-2005, 11:15 PM
When did Tony Clark get good, again?

Tony Clark's still alive???

CHISOXFAN13
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Please use the twinkies game thread for these posts... It's in talking baseball.

My bad. I guess the Chicken Little's whoa re all concerned about the Twins keeping pace threw me off.

elrod
Roid Rincon gives up a 3-run blast to Tony Clark. It's 8-8!!!

ShoelessJoeS
Tony Clark's still alive???
hes one of the roberto alomar kinda players

FarWestChicago
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Hello, there is a Twinkie thread in Talking Baseball...

Jjav829
06-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Somewhere Damaso Marte just got a little nervous. With the way Cotts is pitching right now, Marte suddenly isn't the only late inning left-handed option. Cotts might starting taking away some of Marte's innings, which is obviously a good thing for us. Nice to get Contreras a win.

I said this in the chat yesterday, but just imagine what the Rockies would give up for Garcia after seeing him yesterday and now Contreras. They'd give up half their team to get pitchers who can throw like this in Coors. The sad thing, for them, is that half their team probably isn't even worth Garcia and Contreras. :cool: Ok, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Somewhere Damaso Marte just got a little nervous. With the way Cotts is pitching right now, Marte suddenly isn't the only late inning left-handed option. Cotts might starting taking away some of Marte's innings, which is obviously a good thing for us. Nice to get Contreras a win.

I said this in the chat yesterday, but just imagine what the Rockies would give up for Garcia after seeing him yesterday and now Contreras. They'd give up half their team to get pitchers who can throw like this in Coors. The sad thing, for them, is that half their team probably isn't even worth Garcia and Contreras. :cool: Ok, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

But the thing is, I think Marte is thrilled. I think that's the attitude of this team. Everyone playing well does not equal a threat to their own place on the team, it equals a chance at a ring.

MRKARNO
06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
-Despite some efficiency issues, Contreras was awesome considering the hitting environment that he had to work with. 6 IP 1 ER at Coors is downright awesome.

-Neal Cotts? Incredible. Absolutely awesome. No one can pick him up right now and he looks like the real deal. I would not hesitate going to him in nearly any situation before the 9th at this point

-Dye's SB was critical. Even though we did lose a few runners on the basepaths, one of the times that we did come through turned out to lead to the winning margin of a run.

-As far as all this Twins-watch stuff is concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In fact I wouldn't worry at all as long as they are ahead in the WC race. Sure it's always great to be ahead in the division, but win or lose tonight we're 6 games in front of the WC second place team. The goal is the World Series and if we get passed up by the second best team in the AL while still making the playoffs, it won't be a big deal.

PicktoCLick72
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Great win tonight as Cotts is making this bullpen look a whole lot stronger.

I would like to see if there are any statistics of domination by two pitchers at Coors field in back to back games.

elrod
06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Last year at this point the White Sox were 10-19 in games where we scored 4 runs or less. Our overall record last year was 30-24. This year we are 15-12 in games we score 4 runs or less, and our overall record is 39-19. Suffice it to say that winning these pitcher's duels is the key to our success.

markopat
06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Cott was awesome tonight! Defense was solid and you GOTTA love ANOTHER 1 run win!

YEAH BABY!

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
And SCRUBS LOSE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What does this have to do with the Sox winning?

ShoelessJoeS
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
And SCRUBS LOSE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
would have liked to see the twins lose, however

SoxFan48
06-07-2005, 11:44 PM
-American League's Best Rotation: 3.54 cumulative ERA

3.32 to 3.52...yes The Twinkies are real good.

MRKARNO
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
3.32 to 3.52...yes The Twinkies are real good.

The best starting ERA still belongs to the White Sox

markopat
06-07-2005, 11:51 PM
What does this have to do with the Sox winning?

Or is it not???

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
All that matters right now is for the White Sox to keep on winning...As long as this continues, Minnesota can't catch us regardless on how well they do. Let's hope it continues tomorrow in the form of a Sox sweep over the worst team in the NL.

It's great to be 20 games over the break-even mark!!!

kojak
06-08-2005, 12:04 AM

Hey elrod, FONC you!
:roflmao:

mr_genius
06-08-2005, 12:06 AM
i just hope ozzie plays the starters and goes for the sweep

no more of this "backups all play in the same game" stuff... i'm all for keeping the bench fresh, but i would rather see them play with at different times

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2005, 12:12 AM
i just hope ozzie plays the starters and goes for the sweep

Agreed, BUT, I'd like to see Ozuna get an at-bat so that he can keep in proper hitting condition...Perhaps he should get an at-bat in the pitcher's spot when El Duque's night is over...

FarWestChicago
06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
What does this have to do with the Sox winning?I guess he missed the post about the one week suspensions handed out for posting about that in the post game thread. Oh well...

MRKARNO
06-08-2005, 12:16 AM
I guess he missed the post about the one week suspensions handed out for posting about that in the post game thread. Oh well...

But the Cubs success is sooooo critical to the Sox success. If we do poorly and the Cubs do well, then what would Mariotti say? That's what I'm afraid of most, Jay Mariotti's pointless, rambling crap.

Blueprint1
06-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Great game. Just keep winning. :smile:

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
06-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Nice game tonight. Nice night at the ballpark.

Contreras was great. Not nearly as efficient as Freddy overall, but 1 ER in 6 IP at Coors is outstanding. Cotts came in and shut them down very nicely, and then Hermy finished them off. The rest of the D was solid, other than that goof play between Paulie and Contreras in the 5th. Coors doesn't show very many replays, and the hardly even put official scoring decisions on the scoreboard, but they had it as E3, almost looked like the E could have been on JC, but I don't know.

The offense wasn't what I'd like to see out of us, especially at Coors, but the bottom line is that we did enough to get the W, and that is the most important thing. Much thanks to the baseball gods that Atkins double didn't go about an inch further. All of the Rockies faithful were complaining that it should've been a homer.

There were plenty of Sox fans out tonight, but not nearly as many as last night. I just didn't see as much gear, and they weren't as loud either. My fiance and I were plenty loud, and don't get me wrong, there was a lot of south side pride at the park, just not as impressive as Monday's game.

Do you think they let you bring brooms into Coors field?

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2005, 12:39 AM
i dont see why not, as im sure it happens quite a bit

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Nice game tonight. Nice night at the ballpark.

Contreras was great. Not nearly as efficient as Freddy overall, but 1 ER in 6 IP at Coors is outstanding. Cotts came in and shut them down very nicely, and then Hermy finished them off. The rest of the D was solid, other than that goof play between Paulie and Contreras in the 5th. Coors doesn't show very many replays, and the hardly even put official scoring decisions on the scoreboard, but they had it as E3, almost looked like the E could have been on JC, but I don't know.

The offense wasn't what I'd like to see out of us, especially at Coors, but the bottom line is that we did enough to get the W, and that is the most important thing. Much thanks to the baseball gods that Atkins double didn't go about an inch further. All of the Rockies faithful were complaining that it should've been a homer.

There were plenty of Sox fans out tonight, but not nearly as many as last night. I just didn't see as much gear, and they weren't as loud either. My fiance and I were plenty loud, and don't get me wrong, there was a lot of south side pride at the park, just not as impressive as Monday's game.

Yea, bring the brooms...I have huge confidence in El Duque to get it done...

Is the Sox/Rockies fan ratio as one-sided (in favor of the Sox) as I've gathered from the two television broadcasts I've watched these past two nights?

kojak
06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
I'll take VP. I do have a body of work that proves I've always been a big fan of Cotts though. :redneck

I'll see your body....and raise you one more!

http://members.aol.com/animallover7185/images/jessica%20rabbit.gif

kojak
06-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Based on what we have seen from Neal Cotts lately, I think we have a closer in the making...

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Based on what we have seen from Neal Cotts lately, I think we have a closer in the making...

I think we should keep him in the roll he's been in right now...Hermanson's too valuable at closer anyways. We don't want Ozzie to become Manuelesque and "tinker" with the bullpen much like our former manager "tinkered" with his lineup day in and day out.

kojak
06-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I think we should keep him in the roll he's been in right now...Hermanson's too valuable at closer anyways. We don't want Ozzie to become Manuelesque and "tinker" with the bullpen much like our former manager "tinkered" with his lineup day in and day out.

I didn't mean this season. I was speaking long term...

Chicago83
06-08-2005, 01:31 AM

I don't know if I agree with that. Cotts used to be a guy who I feared seeing, he was always good for a few walks and a wild pitch that would just put us out of a game. This year, and especially this week, he has had a lot of succes. He's only 25 so he can still get better, but I don't see him ever being a closer. Still he is a great asset and we can only hope he continues to pitch like he has so far this year.

Baby Fisk
06-08-2005, 07:43 AM
:worship: Contreras

:worship: Cotts
:worship: Hermanson

balke
06-08-2005, 08:35 AM
I don't know if I agree with that. Cotts used to be a guy who I feared seeing, he was always good for a few walks and a wild pitch that would just put us out of a game. This year, and especially this week, he has had a lot of succes. He's only 25 so he can still get better, but I don't see him ever being a closer. Still he is a great asset and we can only hope he continues to pitch like he has so far this year.

Cotts showed Spurts of this late last season. I used to try to defend him because he was showing good stuff, then it never failed that he'd have a horrible game the next day. This season, he's shown even more dominating stuff than he was then. Hopefully he stays consistant, and gets even better in his career.

Sxy Mofo
06-08-2005, 09:30 AM
The crowd wasn't as loud last night, but it seemed like I saw more sox apparel then the night before. Weird. Probably depressed watching our hitters flounder at the plate for all except one inning.

Cotts pitched awesome, and contreras was solid and hermie did well. Weird how garcia pitched a better game than contreras yet gave up two more runs. Guess that's how baseball works.

Best shirt from last night:
"This is your brain *sox logo*
This is your brain on drugs *cubs logo*"

Quote of the night (there was this crazy hot dog vendor... just straight weird) guy behind me goes: "Crack doesn't smoke itself"

Great game overall, nerve racking

Jjav829
06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't think this was brought up, but what was with that call on Willie Harris? Did the umpire really think that the ball hit Willie's bat or did he think Willie didn't bring the bat back in time? Hawk and DJ seemed to think the former. Either way, that was an awful call. The ball was about 2 feet away from Willie's bat. I hope that umpire felt horrible when he reviewed that pitch because that had to have been one of the worst calls I've ever seen. It wasn't even like the bat was near the ball.

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't think this was brought up, but what was with that call on Willie Harris? Did the umpire really think that the ball hit Willie's bat or did he think Willie didn't bring the bat back in time? Hawk and DJ seemed to think the former. Either way, that was an awful call. The ball was about 2 feet away from Willie's bat. I hope that umpire felt horrible when he reviewed that pitch because that had to have been one of the worst calls I've ever seen. It wasn't even like the bat was near the ball.
i think it HAD to have been that he didnt take his bat back in time bc that pitch missed his bat by over a foot...another ump miscue, what else is new?

MisterB
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Hey elrod, FONC you!
:roflmao:

Sing with me now....

We want the FONC
Give up the FONC
We need the FONC
We gotta have that FONC

:D:

Jurr
06-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I didn't mean this season. I was speaking long term...
No...you mean right now, and you're WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG!
Sorry. That was somehow fun for me.
Yeah, if Neal can keep developing a changeup, he's got definite closer potential.

Mark
06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
What, no mention of Paulie K's 1,000th ML hit? :wink:

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
What, no mention of Paulie K's 1,000th ML hit? :wink:

No kidding. I was at the game, and I didn't know about this until I read about it this morning. Nice job of posting relevant information on the Scoreboard Coors field. There were also a few plays where they failed to post an official scoring decision. (JC had a WP or PB, don't know which, also Dye's hit that was scored E6 / FC and Konerko's E3 (which they did say was E3, but I wasn't sure if it was a 1B and E3 or just E3.))

Ol' No. 2
06-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Holy catfish! This board has gone from "Cotts sucks" to "Cotts is awesome" so fast I think I've got whiplash.

balke
06-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Holy catfish! This board has gone from "Cotts sucks" to "Cotts is awesome" so fast I think I've got whiplash.

All it'll take is one bad outing, and your head shall surely spin from the 180 this board will turn.

mccoydp
06-08-2005, 06:29 PM
All it'll take is one bad outing, and your head shall surely spin from the 180 this board will turn.

The next thing you know, we'll all be praising Viz if he's lights out for a few games. I can hear it now: "Viz is the next Eckersley!"
Cotts needs to keep up whatever he's doing, but he needs to know that a WSI beatdown is always lurking around the corner, just in case...:cool:

Daver
06-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Not everyone, you're painting with a broad brush.

maurice
06-08-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty much a broken record with respect to Cotts. All of my posts on the subject look something like this . . .

Cotts + strikes = outs.

For some reason, his fastball is virtually unhittable.

Ol' No. 2
06-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty much a broken record with respect to Cotts. All of my posts on the subject look something like this . . .

Cotts + strikes = outs.

For some reason, his fastball is virtually unhittable.:hawk He's got a sneaky fastball.