PDA

View Full Version : *official* screw up the karma Twinkies thread...

soxwon
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Twins losing 5-3 to arizona bottom of 6th.
d-backs did have a 4-0 lead, twins pecked away for 3 runds last 3 innings.

Please Arizona dont let it slip away....

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Pay attention to the Sox while they are on...

Iwritecode
06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks a lot.

:angry:

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks a lot.

:angry:

You're welcome...

Iwritecode
06-07-2005, 10:34 PM
You're welcome...

I knew you'd be the one to respond. :D:

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
I knew you'd be the one to respond. :D:

You think you know me well... but you don't know me...

sorry... No more singing... I promise...:tongue:

Chisox003
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
No sooner was this thread created did the Twins tie it at 5....

Unbelievable

balke
06-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Way to go man, make more threads like this - really vicious teal

Iwritecode
06-07-2005, 10:39 PM
One of these days I'm going to look up the words "losing" and "Twins" to find out how many thread have been started to let everyone know that the Twins were losing. Then I'm going to check the date to see if they won that day or not.

Not sure what it'll prove, I just want to do it... :cool:

Kogs35
please dont start twins threads in the middle of games. every time it happenes they win :angry: :angry:

soxwon
goes to show ONLY team that can beat the Twins are THE WHITE SOX!!!!!

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 10:40 PM
No sooner was this thread created did the Twins tie it at 5....

Unbelievable

I guess it's true...

The Twinkies have a broadband remote connection to the Internet in their helmets. Whenever a thread comes up on WSI, a light goes off in the helmets and they start smacking the crap out of the baseball. If not for these threads, the Sox would be winning the division by 20 games...

Either that or the baseball gods are mad at Daver for sending the hunting gods after them a few years ago and they are screwing with our karma...

Did that really need to be in teal?:rolleyes:

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Alright, it's now 6-5 twinkies. I'm going for the blowout and starting PBP in chat...

Iwritecode
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Well, at least the Sox won.

They keep doing that, the Twins can't catch up. :wink:

Sox of White
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Well, at least the Sox won.

They keep doing that, the Twins can't catch up. :wink:

Word to that!

soxwon
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Alright, it's now 6-5 twinkies. I'm going for the blowout and starting PBP in chat...

hey voodoo- do you ever go to Knights or Crawdads games?

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 10:50 PM

Alright, I caused a two run homer... 8-5 twinkies...

I feel like the guy in IAWL who starts opening the change drawer to the register and everytime it rings the bell, he says, "Hey look, I'm handing out wings..."

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
hey voodoo- do you ever go to Knights or Crawdads games?

Too far away. I might be able to go to Winston Salem, but it is even 4 hours away. I did go to a Kinston Tribe game earlier this year when they were playing WS and did a recap of what I saw in this forum. You can do a search if you want to.

WOn't have much time the rest of the summer...

ma-gaga
06-07-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm sure Lipman will appreciate this:

The single by Glenn Williams of the Twins in the top of the 6th inning was the first hit of his major league career after a lengthy stint of 11 years in the minors

There were two outs and runners on first and second when they pitch hit for Radke with this guy. A little blooper off the pitchers hand loaded the bases. Next guy up ties the game.

:gulp:

downstairs
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
8-8

ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Sweet!!!

Thank you, Rincon... for sucking!!!

downstairs
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Sweet!!! Thank you, Rincon... for sucking!!!

Pitcher IP PC H ER BB K
Rincon 1.0 24 2 3 1 2

I dig it!

Mr. White Sox
06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I should've benched him today...hindsight's 20/20 :(
Go D'Backs!

soxfanreggie
06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Tony Clark coming back from the dead to tie it up. Arizona has become like a cemetery for players it seems. Luis Gonzalez...he must like the weather or area to stick around. Hopefully they drafted somewhat of a future...their signings should help them when the players are ready to come up.

soxfanreggie
06-07-2005, 11:19 PM
C'mon D-backs...turn 2!

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Sweet!!!

Thank you, Rincon... for sucking!!!

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6676.jpg
(thinking)
"God, I'm tired. I just got nothing left... How does anyone do this without a needle and a connection in Latin America? Thank goodness I am getting paid well, because I won't be able to do this much longer. Okay, time to thrown the pitch... (mops brow)... *crack*... damn that ball was tagged..."

ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 11:21 PM
(thinking)
"God, I'm tired. I just got nothing left... How does anyone do this without a needle and a connection in Latin America? Thank goodness I am getting paid well, because I won't be able to do this much longer. Okay, time to thrown the pitch... (mops brow)... *crack*... damn that ball was tagged..."

:roflmao:

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/triumph.bmp

"I love Rincon. He's a great player, for me to poop on!"

downstairs
06-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Arizona has become like a cemetery for players it seems. Luis Gonzalez...he must like the weather or area to stick around. Hopefully they drafted somewhat of a future...their signings should help them when the players are ready to come up.

Well, now... they are going to lead the wild card after they win tonight, and they're 2nd in their division. No reason to think they don't have *some* shot at the playoffs...

elrod
06-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Botched run-down and Hunter's on 2nd.

ShoelessJoeS
(thinking)
:rolling:

ATXBMX
what's with Torii "Head" Hunter!?!? 4-5, 2 HR, 2B, 1B, 2 RBI
I hate this guy, luckily they were only solo homers

elrod
06-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Damn. Hunter scores.

ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Crap in a hat!

soxfanreggie
06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I am proud to say that I believe the top 2 teams in baseball are in the AL Central. We maybe not be the best from top to bottom, but we should finally get 2 to the playoffs rather than the AL East or the rare occurrence that the AL West does it as well. I could see an all AL Central ALCS. The Sox just have to keep winning the heads up match-ups. Everything else will fall into place. But to be safe...c'mon D-backs.

And the botched run-down costs us!

SOX ADDICT '73
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Say whatever you want about starting threads, superstitions, and jinxes. When it comes down to the freaky things on the field that always seem to go their way, the Twins are, by FAR, the luckiest team in baseball. :angry:

ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Ok... how about some ninth inning magic from the D-Backs... Deucey needs a five game lead!

Sox of White
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM

Seriously, a pickle should always end in an out in Major League Baseball, or at LEAST keeping them from advancing. Although I did not see the play, so I do not really know what happened.

MRKARNO
06-07-2005, 11:29 PM
The Twins are, by FAR, the luckiest team in baseball. :angry:

Not this year they aren't. They've had their fair share of unlucky moments and situations in which they have not come through in the clutch. They're just a darn good team that often gets in situations in which they can win.

CHISOXFAN13
06-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Juan Rincon will win this game after giving up three runs in the eighth if Nathan holds on.

What a lucky piece of ****

soxfanreggie
06-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Looking at the Twins schedule...they swept all the other central teams but us. They swept Tampa Bay...they should be losing more games playing better teams, but then the Yankees start sucking right before the Twins play them (and Jeter is out with a cold...what luck). I hope the Dodgers, Giants, or Padres can beat the Twins before they have a 9 game stand against Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay...heck they have 7 games vs KC in like a 2 week span. Can't wait til we get more of those games. Hopefully one of the teams they play is on a tear. The AL Central will definitely take some help to win.

ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Single... winning run on plate.

Lip Man 1
06-07-2005, 11:31 PM
It's been this way for the Twins for the past three years....friends and neighbors it's NOT luck.

Lip

soxfanreggie
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Luis Gonzalez can end this with one swing of the bat! He may never hit 50 home runs again but he can hit one now and I'd be very happy!

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Juan Rincon will win this game after giving up three runs in the eighth if Nathan holds on.

What a lucky piece of ****

Actually, there is a loophole. The scorer can give the win to another pitcher if the guy who officially earned the win is ruled "brief and ineffective". I think Rincon pitched to long to qualify (most of the time it's a guy who only pitches 1/3 of an inning and gives up a lot of runs). Probably Rincon would get it if they hold on, but the scorer doesn't have to give it to him...

ShoelessJoeS
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
It's been this way for the Twins for the past three years....friends and neighbors it's NOT luck.

Lip
i agree, they are a solid ballclub. hopefully this year the sox can show twins how unlucky they are by playing us...:cool:

FarWestChicago
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM

LipYeah, I got news for the FOBB's. There is a GM in Twinkieland that has produced more with less than their hero...

ma_deuce
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Damn D-Backs... gave away an easy win. :angry:

ShoelessJoeS
06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
twins win, again...UGH! :angry:

SoxFan48
06-07-2005, 11:37 PM
The Twins are going to be there the whole way. They are a very good baseball team, perhaps the best in baseball.

FarWestChicago
06-07-2005, 11:37 PM
The Twins are going to be there the whole way. They are a very good baseball team, perhaps the best in baseball.Other than being in second place.

gobears1987
06-07-2005, 11:38 PM
It isn't luck for the Twins, they are a good team. We have to admit that much. It will be nice to face them in the ALCS and watch ESPN cry. No deep pink needed.

ShoelessJoeS
06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
The Twins are going to be there the whole way. They are a very good baseball team, perhaps the best in baseball.
correction: perhaps the best in baseball

SOX ADDICT '73
06-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Lip
No one's saying it's entirely luck (Jones still had to drive Hunter in after the botched run-down), but when you look back on the last three years, have you seen another team with more...

- broken-bat bloopers to drive in huge runs?

- plays like the aforementioned botched pick-off, that lead to huge runs?

- games played against teams that simply implode and beat themselves?

or, perhaps most infuriating...

- losses of key players (via injury or FA), which, rather than leading to a let-down or losing streak, instead introduce us to the next Cy Young or Henry Aaron from their bottomless farm system?

They aren't a good team. They are a great team. If not for a 1-4 record against the Sox, they'd be the best team. But fortune has smiled on them more than their fair share, IMO.

MRKARNO
06-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Personally, I don't mind the situation as it is right now. The AL Central now is home to the two best teams in the AL by winning % and 2 of the three best in baseball in that same category. It's going to be a fun race this whole season with the Twins, even if the Sox do manage to win more than 95 games. Both teams are probably going to play postseason baseball. Let's just take care of our business, let the Twins take care of theirs and then take care of the Twins in the ALCS in October as we go to the first World Series since 1959.

MRKARNO
06-08-2005, 12:14 AM
- losses of key players (via injury or FA), which, rather than leading to a let-down or losing streak, instead introduce us to the next Cy Young or Henry Aaron from their bottomless farm system?

They aren't a good team. They are a great team. If not for a 1-4 record against the Sox, they'd be the best team. But fortune has smiled on them more than their fair share, IMO.

Two things:

1. If they keep getting lucky, how can it be luck? At some point, you have to wonder how they are creating their own luck and putting themselves in such situations where they can make these comebacks. An amazing relief corps will do that.

2. The farm system, that's not luck, that's just having a damn good farm system. Give them their due praise.

brink
06-08-2005, 12:48 AM
props from a twins fan... good to see some real fans of baseball who can tip their cap to a rival team in their division. twins and sox have *both* been great this year and it's nice to see the AL central as a whole put the wood to the AL east, especially the yankees...

i'd say both teams have had their share of good luck this year, but hey the great teams *make* their luck. the hunter botched pickoff play has happened three times this year already, mainly because pitchers simply aren't used to dealing with that situation--he's the only guy in the league i know of who just starts running while the pitcher's holding the ball like that. it's the same reason why a guy like podsednik creates such a problem for pitchers and defenses, suddenly they have to work around a guy who's likely to steal not just 2nd but 3rd. it causes all kinds of problems and seemingly "routine" plays turn into disasters, especially the shaky-defense teams... you know how jedi mind tricks only work on the weak-minded?

i agree with those who have said that these two teams will be neck and neck all year, and wouldn't a double-entry into the playoffs from the central be sweet?

Jerko
06-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Let's quit worrying about jinxes and thread-starting and stuff like that and remember how horrid the D-Backs bullpen is when we play them.

jhill36
06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
The bad news is Santana is going up against the D-Backs. But I think there's a very good chance that Arizona is gonna light him up tonight.

ma_deuce
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM

:hawk

"HE GAWN!!!"