PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Baker per the Score

CallMeNuts
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Per the Score this afternoon, Dusty says the Cubs are at a disadvantage because they play so many day games. This allows their opponents to scout them more easily on TV! Dusty needs DIRECTV with TIVO and the MLB Extra Innings Package! For him, it would even be tax deductable. GMAB!

Brian26
06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Good grief.

Chisox003
06-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Unbelievable.

FarWestChicago
06-07-2005, 10:14 PM
I think Dustbin deserves props as perhaps the most creative and finest, BS excuse make in all of sports. Seriously, he has a gift. Absolutely nothing is ever his fault. :cool:

Cubbiesuck13
06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Maybe they should get more black players so they can play in the heat.

Johnny Mostil
06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
I think Dustbin deserves props as perhaps the most creative and finest, BS excuse make in all of sports. Seriously, he has a gift. Absolutely nothing is ever his fault. :cool:

Well, the day game excuse has been around forever. But I will give Dusty props for giving a new twist to it . . .

PAPChiSox729
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Per the Score this afternoon, Dusty says the Cubs are at a disadvantage because they play so many day games. This allows their opponents to scout them more easily on TV! Dusty needs DIRECTV with TIVO and the MLB Extra Innings Package! For him, it would even be tax deductable. GMAB!

:roflmao:

wow...

havelj
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Unbelievable.

In this case, I disagree with using the term "unbelievable." Coming from Dusty, this is in fact very believable.

ilsox7
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Dust Pan is clueless. He should really stop putting himself in situation with microphones and reporters involved.

SOXintheBURGH
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Not only is this quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life, its also quite pompous to assume that the entire NL spends their afternoons watching WGN Cub broadcasts.

Wow.. cover your heads folks:
:whoflungpoo

SOXPHILE
06-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Johnny B. Baker = Anus

chisoxmike
06-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Un****ing believeable.

Every group of friends has that one friend that always says something really stupid... Dusty Baker is that to the Cubs.

Lip Man 1
06-08-2005, 01:12 AM
This guy was a manager of the year?

He's losing his mind....maybe it's the heat from those day games.

Lip

skobabe8
06-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Was this an interview on the Score? Was anything said back to him?

Banix12
06-08-2005, 03:47 AM

The scouts are gonna scout your team no matter what time the game is, that's their job so they'll stay up to watch the Angels vs. Oakland and deliver the report. Then the players will watch hours of tape,blah, blah, blah. pretty lame excuse.

Still that excuse is nowhere near as bad as last year when he was blaming their poor play on the august heat. Saying this after a night game where it was 60 degrees out during what I think turned out to be the coldest august on record in chicago.

Baby Fisk
06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Dusty Baker, you are total clown shoes.

SoxFan78
06-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Shouldnt this give dusty the advantage? While teams are "scouting" the Scrubs during the day, at night while his team is off, Dusty would be able to scout all other teams in the MLB!

Dusty Baker, you are a idiot.

Hangar18
06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Dusty has said some ridiculous and controversial stuff in his very short time here. The more I hear from him, the more I realize hes not that bright a guy.
He would be ribbed mercilessly if he were a SOX mgr, but he will continue to get
a free pass in this town.

Irishsox1
06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Don't blame Dusty...Blame society dude!

fquaye149
06-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Dusty has said some ridiculous and controversial stuff in his very short time here. The more I hear from him, the more I realize hes not that bright a guy.
He would be ribbed mercilessly if he were a SOX mgr, but he will continue to get

hangar - let's be realistic - he's not getting a free pass lately. Although it was maddening in 2003 to see him cash in all those get out of being a dumbass free cards

Risk
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Dust Pan is clueless. He should really stop putting himself in situation with microphones and reporters involved.

Yeah, but then he can't use his human shield, little Darren Baker to deflect any difficult questions.

Risk

Lip Man 1
06-08-2005, 10:53 AM
The pressure is starting to build on Dusty. He's not used to those 'boos' cascading down from the druken masses in Wrigley.

Lip

WinningUgly!
06-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Per the Score this afternoon, Dusty says the Cubs are at a disadvantage because they play so many day games. This allows their opponents to scout them more easily on TV!

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050217/050217_dusty_baker_hmed.h2.jpg
"Hey man, we took our guys' names off the home jerseys for a reason. Just trying to confuse the rest of the NL, who's just sittin' at home scoutin' us every afternoon, dude."

Jerko
06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I was gonna save this for Hangar, but Dusty now qualifies:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/jpeg/whacked.jpg
"Now if I can just get this contraption to scramble those damn day games, we can win again"

Tekijawa
06-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I was gonna save this for Hangar, but Dusty now qualifies:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/jpeg/whacked.jpg
"Now if I can just get this contraption to scramble those damn day games, we can win again"

AWESOME!!!! I think I pee'd my pants!

MisterB
06-08-2005, 12:35 PM

No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!

Dusty = :whiner:

santo=dorf
06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
So then on the other side of the coin, by playing at day time the Cubs have all night to scout other teams.

Frater Perdurabo
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Give him some credit. Dusty's just reciting some of the talking points in the Tribune Corp. memo about giving reasons the Cubs should leave Wrigley Field for a soon-to-be-proposed publicly-financed, yet Tribune-owned, stadium in the suburbs or at the corner of Addison and California Street.

PatK
06-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Give him some credit. Dusty's just reciting some of the talking points in the Tribune Corp. memo about giving reasons the Cubs should leave Wrigley Field for a soon-to-be-proposed publicly-financed, yet Tribune-owned, stadium in the suburbs or at the corner of Addison and California Street.

The Cubs will be playing at Gordon Tech?

Tekijawa
06-08-2005, 02:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that GT offers AV classes... they might want to go somewhere a little less technically advanced!

Frater Perdurabo
06-08-2005, 02:18 PM

I've read that they own a big chunk of property right near there, just on the other side of the North Branch of the Chicago River. I think it may be where they have remote parking for Cubs games (where people board buses bound for the Urinal after parking their cars). It's been a number of year's since I've been there, though.