PDA

View Full Version : My favorite part of last night's game...

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-07-2005, 11:31 AM
was watching Pods fall rounding second. Not because it was funny, or an error, but because, literally, he was FLYING. I was blown away watching his explosiveness off rounding 1st, and Dj was right, Pods was leaning big time rounding 2nd. NO ONE in the media can ? this guy's want to do all for his team. I swear, watching him run with the 2-3-4 behind him makes me there to watch every game when he leads off. For the 5 I've been to, it's a pleasure to watch that much intensity right off the bat.

Mods, please feel free to move this or delete if this was already posted.

Rocky Soprano
06-07-2005, 11:33 AM
I loved that too. I kept rewinding it. Its amazing how fast he is, it looked like someone just set off a rocket.

Sxy Mofo
06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
He was absolutely flying. Fastest I've ever seen. I don't know if the camera angles do it justice, but his body angle rounding second was unbelieveable. It's no wonder in my mind he slipped. He'd have to have inch cleats to hold himself up at that speed and angle.

Jerko
06-07-2005, 11:36 AM
When he bunted the other day, they showed him haulin ass in slow motion, and the look on his face showed how determined he was to try to beat the play out. I gained a lot of respect for him that day.

sdccpa
06-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I have to admit when the Sox made that trade I was disappointed, hated to see Lee go. However, watching Pods run and steal bases I've gotten over it.

joe_tansey2004
06-07-2005, 11:54 AM
I have to admit when the Sox made that trade I was disappointed, hated to see Lee go. However, watching Pods run and steal bases I've gotten over it.

It was one of those rare trades where it worked out well for both teams. Carlos is tied for the NL lead in RBI's, but Pods stolen bases and lead off ability is just what the Sox needed. Pods is White Lightning!!

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-07-2005, 12:01 PM
All of the Sox fans sitting near me in left (there were quite a few, more than half of the people out there) were also commenting on how fast he was moving on that play. The man's got wheels!

I was ticked when I saw the trade, ready to write off the season (gulp), but now I couldn't be happier. Kenny and the gang showed once again that they do know what's up better than me.

Rocky Soprano
06-07-2005, 01:02 PM
I am proud to say that I was one of the few that LOVED the trade! :D:

Iwritecode
06-07-2005, 01:26 PM

I didn't hate the trade when it was made but the only thing I knew about Scott was that he was capable of getting on base and stealing a lot.

I remember what Durham did for the team in 2000 and even Kenny Lofton for the month or so he was healthy (and even what he did for the Indians of the 90's and *shudder* Cubs in 2003).

You never realize how important a good lead-off hitter is until you have one. :cool:

kj.hayes
06-07-2005, 01:32 PM
My favorite part of last night's game was the huge cheers from the crowd whenever the Sox got a hit or a run. From the sounds of things you would have thought that Sox fans outnumbered Rockies fans there 2-to-1.

seanpmurphy
06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Pods isn't that fast, the broadcasters just speed the film up when he's running. I think Scotty P is helping the Sox a lot more than Lee would be this season, but I definitely liked and still do like Lee as a player.

DaleJRFan
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
was watching Pods fall rounding second. Not because it was funny, or an error, but because, literally, he was FLYING. I was blown away watching his explosiveness off rounding 1st, and Dj was right, Pods was leaning big time rounding 2nd. NO ONE in the media can ? this guy's want to do all for his team. I swear, watching him run with the 2-3-4 behind him makes me there to watch every game when he leads off. For the 5 I've been to, it's a pleasure to watch that much intensity right off the bat.

Mods, please feel free to move this or delete if this was already posted.

I LOVE watching him. He is so exciting to watch. What will he do?? Walk? BUnt single?? Triple?? When he gets on base, will he steal second? Third? Home?? Will he get in the pitcher's head??

Every game I have been to, when he gets on base the fans go nuts. He's already a fan favorite, and should be an all-star selection. Not only does he produce on the field, but he brings fans out to the park. KW did good.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Every game I have been to, when he gets on base the fans go nuts. He's already a fan favorite, and should be an all-star selection. Not only does he produce on the field, but he brings fans out to the park. KW did good.

I'm glad to see so many responses - and to also know I'm not alone getting excited when he's in the lineup. The guy is truly what this team needed to set up the new "________ball" lineup. I too am happy that C Lee is doing well in Milwaukee - but IMO, we made OUT in this deal.

mweflen
06-07-2005, 03:53 PM

I loved it once the remainder of the money was spent (i.e. Iguchi, AJ, Duque).

I was suspicious of a salary dump (and rightfully so) when it was initially announced.

spawn
06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I was always a fan of the trade. The thing I like most about Scotty is what he does to opposing pitchers once he's on base. DJ and Hawk both mentioned it, but he makes pitchers lose their focus. They're worried about him stealing a base. And the thing is, they KNOW he's going. Hell, everyone on the field and in the park knows he's going. And for the most part, no matter how many times a pitcher throws over to first, he's still going to steal the base. He's a fun player to watch, and I'm glad we have him.

TomBradley72
06-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Watching Pods run into the ground because he was busting his a** was like watching one of Brooks' new TV ads in real life....maybe the next edition in the series...Pods almost kills himself running the bases so hard? or sliding into home so hard? Turns out he was safe...the Sox won...so he gets to go back?

nug0hs
06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I would also have to say it is a lot of fun to see the opposing infields' movements while Pods is on base. Of the 3 games I've been to this season, it seemed the Memorial Day game vs. Anaheim was the best example. There was a play with Pods on 2nd and the left 3/4 of the infield was bouncing around cluelessly, almost about to jump out of their shoes. I don't know how many teams can sucessfully defend against a guy who is that much of a threat every time he hits the basepaths...no matter how good your players/coaching are. Pods is such an intimidating factor, and with him and Iguchi on the bases at the same time a double-steal is not very difficult to pull off, esp. as teams put more focus on Scotty.

Palehose13
06-07-2005, 04:26 PM

Me too and from the very beginning. I had my Podesednik Jersey before opening day...and I've never bought a player jersey before they played with the team before.

Sxy Mofo
06-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I was always a fan of the trade. The thing I like most about Scotty is what he does to opposing pitchers once he's on base. DJ and Hawk both mentioned it, but he makes pitchers lose their focus. They're worried about him stealing a base. And the thing is, they KNOW he's going. Hell, everyone on the field and in the park knows he's going. And for the most part, no matter how many times a pitcher throws over to first, he's still going to steal the base. He's a fun player to watch, and I'm glad we have him.

Last night when Scotty stole that base, the pitcher threw over 4 times in a row or so to first. I shouted "there's someone at home too." Next pitch pods steals the base. That's how good he is

kj.hayes
06-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Last night when Scotty stole that base, the pitcher threw over 4 times in a row or so to first. I shouted "there's someone at home too." Next pitch pods steals the base. That's how good he is

I agree, that was totally awesome. Right before Scott made that steal, Hawk said something like, "Now Kennedy has shown Scotty everything he has (in terms of pick-off pitches)" because Kennedy had been trying so hard to throw him out. And then Scotty took the base anyway. Perfect.

PAPChiSox729
06-07-2005, 07:52 PM
I really must say that Scotty has impressed me this year. He has definitely exceeded my own expectations. I thought that he may be OK and give us some speed but I really felt that by the ASG, Anderson would be up here. Nice job proving me wrong, Scotty!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

skobabe8
06-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I liked the trade from the start because plain and simple what we were doing was not working. I'm glad Kenny had the onions to pull this one off because he had to know he was gonna get blasted for it. I was tired of CLee's daydreaming anyway. And I luuuuuuv watching Scotty run. When he's not in the lineup, the game just isnt the same for me.

Kuzman
06-08-2005, 07:28 AM

I'm with ya Rocky! This trade caused many quarrels in my family on how the sox will fair this year.

gobears1987
06-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I love the trade. I was for it at the time, but not loving the trade yet. When we had the huge poll, I voted it was an awesome trade ONLY IF WE SIGNED A 5TH STARTER. We did more than that. We got el Duque, who is greater than a 5th starter, and also signed people like AJ and Gooch. This trade has to be KW's best ever.

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I love the trade. I was for it at the time, but not loving the trade yet. When we had the huge poll, I voted it was an awesome trade ONLY IF WE SIGNED A 5TH STARTER. We did more than that. We got el Duque, who is greater than a 5th starter, and also signed people like AJ and Gooch. This trade has to be KW's best ever.
completely agree, the idiots who didnt like this trade are those who forgot about the 7-8 million we freed up by letting carlos go and enabled us to sign with the players listed above.

FloridaSox
06-08-2005, 10:51 AM
It was one of those rare trades where it worked out well for both teams. Carlos is tied for the NL lead in RBI's, but Pods stolen bases and lead off ability is just what the Sox needed. Pods is White Lightning!!

Absolutely right...both teams are :D: Brewers got the power right hand hitter they needed. Sox got speeds (Pods) and money to sign Iguichi, Hermanson and AJ...if only Vizcaino had panned out.