PDA

View Full Version : Levine Yesterday on MJH....

Mickster
06-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Around 6:30 last night, while I was driving home, MJH had Levine on the air and right before his segment ended, he mentioned that "You better watch the White Sox while you can. I'll have more on that in a couple of days."

Mac & Jurko pressed him on the issue but Levine would not elaborate. You could assume he was discussing the radio deal, but his quote was specific using "watch" as the key word. MJH immediately assumed, as I did, that he was referring to a move and started speculating locations.

Did anyone else hear this???

Personally, I am getting quite fed up with Levine and he is not much higher in my hierarchy than the Moron.

samram
06-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Well, if nothing else, Brude did his job in making people talk about the fecal matter than flows from his mouth on a daily basis.

Palehose13
06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Around 6:30 last night, while I was driving home, MJH had Levine on the air and right before his segment ended, he mentioned that "You better watch the White Sox while you can. I'll have more on that in a couple of days."

Mac & Jurko pressed him on the issue but Levine would not elaborate. You could assume he was discussing the radio deal, but his quote was specific using "watch" as the key word. MJH immediately assumed, as I did, that he was referring to a move and started speculating locations.

Personally, I am getting quite fed up with Levine and he is not much higher in my hierarchy than the Moron.

A location change? This makes no sense with all the changes that have been made to US Cellular Field.

However, I sense that this thread is going to experience a location change...

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 09:09 AM
A location change? This makes no sense with all the changes that have been made to US Cellular Field.

They just signed a 20 year lease extension too. The Sox aren't going anywhere without a major payment to the city/state for the money they spent on the rennovations.

Mickster
06-07-2005, 09:10 AM

I completely agree. I honestly think that he is just stirring controversy. Levine is treading on thin ice after breaking the "Ozzie contract extension" as KW was quite peeved. This clown needs to have his press credentials yanked....

Cubsuck_a_lot
06-07-2005, 09:12 AM
if they move the team, ive decided im moving out of town. there is no way in hell i will be stuck in this city with only one baseball "team". im tired of reading about Reinsdorf and how he keeps screwing things up. i know it's been beaten like a dead horse, and everyone always says "oh, Reinsdorf gets a bad rap, he isnt as bad as people say he is. he cares about the city and the teams" beacause i wake up this morning, and hear waht? that Skiles is probably gone for next year. I walk into work and log onto WSI and i hear what? there's speculation (again) that the SOX will be moved. im tired of this city. BUT, i still love my SOX, and i guess that's all that matters.

Palehose13
06-07-2005, 09:14 AM
if they move the team, ive decided im moving out of town. there is no way in hell i will be stuck in this city with only one baseball "team". im tired of reading about Reinsdorf and how he keeps screwing things up. i know it's been beaten like a dead horse, and everyone always says "oh, Reinsdorf gets a bad rap, he isnt as bad as people say he is. he cares about the city and the teams" beacause i wake up this morning, and hear waht? that Skiles is probably gone for next year. I walk into work and log onto WSI and i hear what? there's speculation (again) that the SOX will be moved. im tired of this city. BUT, i still love my SOX, and i guess that's all that matters.

Milwaukee's quite nice this time of year and gets even better as the summer progresses. :wink:

fado
06-07-2005, 09:15 AM
This better be one hell of a joke...

Viva Medias B's
06-07-2005, 09:20 AM

The Sox are moving alright...to WSCR. Levine could have been referring to the comped seats and skybox WMVP currently gets as the current flagship. Those seats will belong to someone else next season.

Over By There
06-07-2005, 09:27 AM
The Sox are moving alright...to WSCR. Levine could have been referring to the comped seats and skybox WMVP currently gets as the current flagship. Those seats will belong to someone else next season.

This seems like a logical interpretation. I think people are making too much out of the word "watch." This has to be about the radio deal. Relax, folks.

Palehose13
06-07-2005, 09:29 AM

That makes sense. So, in essence, he was telling the guys to watch as many free games as they can this year.

CHIsoxNation
06-07-2005, 09:37 AM
That makes sense. So, in essence, he was telling the guys to watch as many free games as they can this year.

Yah, that does make a lot more sense. Good thing, I was getting pretty sick to my stomach there. Geez.

Tekijawa
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Maybe Levine is going to Gouge the eyes out of MJ&H when he gets back to the office?

skobabe8
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM

PEOPLE, PEOPLE! Take a deep breath...........Ok--This is NOT what Levine was talking about obviously! I cant believe so many people freaked out! Way to go, Palehose, for nearly creating mass hysteria!

My first thought was either a trade (not too likely based on what he said), or that tickets for future games are selling fast (fairly likely based on what he said). But thats just my 2 cents.

NonetheLoaiza
06-07-2005, 10:36 AM

Viva, thank you for being the voice of reason. This is just one of those things where the whole quote is taken out of context because of one word.

Palehose13
06-07-2005, 10:36 AM
PEOPLE, PEOPLE! Take a deep breath...........Ok--This is NOT what Levine was talking about obviously! I cant believe so many people freaked out! Way to go, Palehose, for nearly creating mass hysteria!

My first thought was either a trade (not too likely based on what he said), or that tickets for future games are selling fast (fairly likely based on what he said). But thats just my 2 cents.

How did I create mass hysteria? I was just responding to the original post where I thought that a "location change" was more than implied.

Ol' No. 2
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
How did I create mass hysteria? I was just responding to the original post where I thought that a "location change" was more than implied.I heard Levineline, and he did seem to imply that, so it wasn't just you. Typical Levine blowing smoke. He's talking about the Sox moving to WSCR and trying to make it into a bigger deal than it is.

havelj
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM

I agree - it's the radio move.

siugrad25
06-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Last night during the game before/after a break one of the broadcasters said something like "your White Sox radio network ... for now." I was just thinking it was their way of pointing out that a station change is in the works. But what would happen to the broadcasters? Isn't up to the teams to determine who is their radio/TV broadcasters? Just curious.

Palehose13
06-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Last night during the game before/after a break one of the broadcasters said something like "your White Sox radio network ... for now." I was just thinking it was their way of pointing out that a station change is in the works. But what would happen to the broadcasters? Isn't up to the teams to determine who is their radio/TV broadcasters? Just curious.

So, if this station change happens do the announcers stay the same? Are they under contract with the Sox, WMVP, or both?

voodoochile
06-07-2005, 12:45 PM
So, if this station change happens do the announcers stay the same? Are they under contract with the Sox, WMVP, or both?

The Sox hire the announcers.

Iwritecode
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM
The Sox hire the announcers.

I was about to say the same thing.

It's the only way Hawk and DJ can be on Comcast, WGN & WCIU throughout the season...

Jerko
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM

The in-game announcers may stay the same, as Foley and Tallon moved with the Hawks when they switched stations some years back. I don't know about the studio guys though.

Rocklive99
06-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes Levine scared the crap out of yesterday, I was in the shower, and just started screaming as to why Uncle Jerry would do this to me, but they say you do your best thinking in the shower, and realized it was the radio deal. I believe his exact words were to "Enjoy the White Sox while we [or you] have them"

As I said in the radio thread, that also means goodbye to the comps and free tix to the Sox games on contests. I will probably convert all the way to the Score if they can make some programming changes.

Rooney and Farmer would stay, but I think the station picks the pre/post game guys

duke of dorwood
06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Reinsdorf is a jerk if he moves-back in the day I listened to 820/670-it was CUBS CUBS CUBS-

PicktoCLick72
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
I was at Denver International Airport yesterday and I was right behind Reinsdorf who was talking on the phone with someone named "Bud." All I could here in the conversation was new stadium in Vegas. THere was also talk of changing the name from the SOx to the Las Vegas Bookies. Jerry then said if the Vegas deal did not work out, they could always try Atlantis.

DaleJRFan
06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
...or that tickets for future games are selling fast (fairly likely based on what he said)..

That's exactly what I thought, too.

Viva Medias B's
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Rooney and Farmer would move to WSCR with the Sox. They moved to WMVP from WMAQ previously.

skobabe8
06-08-2005, 02:45 AM
How did I create mass hysteria? I was just responding to the original post where I thought that a "location change" was more than implied.

I was half kidding. I couldnt believe people thought Levine was referring to the Sox moving out of town. Thats all.

34 Inch Stick
06-08-2005, 07:43 AM
The in-game announcers may stay the same, as Foley and Tallon moved with the Hawks when they switched stations some years back. I don't know about the studio guys though.

The pre game show is a White Sox production. A guy like Dolgin or Wills has a contract with the Sox and probably only gets guest host paper when they are on ESPN1000 beyond pre and post game.

Over By There
06-08-2005, 07:58 AM
FWIW, I heard Bruce's report on MJH yesterday, and this wasn't mentioned. In fact, I don't believe the White Sox were a topic at all - it was all Cubs.

shoota
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
I was "watching" am1000 today and I heard Levine talking about the black cat that ran on Wrigley Field last night. LevineLine said in his response that he's been watching the Cubs for 50 years, and his father had watched the Cubs for 50 years. If I had any doubt that he was a Cub fan, that doubt was extinguished with that comment.

veeter
06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
How anyone on this board could even consider for one nano-second that the Sox would move is beyond me. Here they are as close as they've ever been (since yuppieville) to gaining favor in this town and people are fearful of a relocation??!! Stop the paranoia!!!

MUScholar21
06-08-2005, 05:06 PM
How anyone on this board could even consider for one nano-second that the Sox would move is beyond me. Here they are as close as they've ever been (since yuppieville) to gaining favor in this town and people are fearful of a relocation??!! Stop the paranoia!!!

Stop the paranoia??? You DO realize that this is What's The Score, where paranoia reins supreme, right?

MIgrenade
06-08-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm going to go in a different direction because I can and say he was implying that the Sox would faulter and we should watch while they are good. Chances are that's wrong but this is What's the Score.

TheOldRoman
06-09-2005, 12:11 AM
The pre game show is a White Sox production. A guy like Dolgin or Wills has a contract with the Sox and probably only gets guest host paper when they are on ESPN1000 beyond pre and post game.
Thats not true. Willsy discussed this last year when rumors started coming up about the Sox moving to the Score. He said that he was employed by ESPN, not the White Sox. AM1000 hires the people that do the studio show. If the Sox leave ESPN, Dolgin might be released and then signed by the Score, but he would still be under contract with the station, not with the Sox.

crector
06-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Reinsdorf is a jerk if he moves-back in the day I listened to 820/670-it was CUBS CUBS CUBS-

If you were to listen to 670 now, you'll find that outside of Murph's show, the station has become fairly even handed in discussing the Sox. That situation will get even better once the Sox move there with games and pre/post game shows blotting out most of Murph's show.

Jurr
06-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes Levine scared the crap out of yesterday, I was in the shower, and just started screaming as to why Uncle Jerry would do this to me, but they say you do your best thinking in the shower, and realized it was the radio deal. I believe his exact words were to "Enjoy the White Sox while we [or you] have them"

As I said in the radio thread, that also means goodbye to the comps and free tix to the Sox games on contests. I will probably convert all the way to the Score if they can make some programming changes.

Rooney and Farmer would stay, but I think the station picks the pre/post game guys
That would be a funny thing to witness. Someone in the shower yelling, "Jerry!! You're breaking my hear, Jerry!"

steff
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
PEOPLE, PEOPLE! Take a deep breath...........Ok--This is NOT what Levine was talking about obviously! I cant believe so many people freaked out!

I didn't even hear the report and that's exactly what I thought. A physical move of the Sox to another city.. eh.. no.

Tadahito
06-09-2005, 12:48 PM
I heard the report, he was only referring to station change.

Calm.

soxwon
06-12-2005, 01:55 PM

they are not moving the team geez!!!!
poppycock