PDA

View Full Version : Target selling Konerko jerseys

koch44
06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Target is selling Konerko jerseys for $28.99. They are black and have Whitesox in cursive and italicized across the front, and #14, and on the back they have Konerko and #14 on the back. The jersey is also patched, and does not use stickers.

I don't know if this is at all the locations, but at the Target in Vernon Hills, they only have a couple left.

anewman35
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Target is selling Konerko jerseys for $28.99. They are black and have Whitesox in cursive and italicized across the front, and #14, and on the back they have Konerko and #14 on the back. The jersey is also patched, and does not use stickers.

I don't know if this is at all the locations, but at the Target in Vernon Hills, they only have a couple left.

This shows what winning does, I guess. A few months ago, that very same Target had racks and racks of Cubs shirts and not a single Sox one.

rdivaldi
06-06-2005, 10:57 PM

The Target in the South Loop also has plenty of White Sox paraphenelia including the Konerko jersey you described. I've also noticed some White Sox merchandise FINALLY making it into Walgreens in the Loop and South Loop. About frickin' time.

SOXPHILE
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Went to the Schaumburg Sports Authority/Sportmart on Golf Rd, and they were selling Loiza shirts. :?: They had a fairly nice collection of Sox stuff, but man, there was a TON of Cubs stuff. Unbelievable. Some things never change.

slavko
06-06-2005, 11:54 PM
I could swear I saw the same Konerko jersey yesterday, made in Mexico and all, for ~$20 at TJ Maxx. Check it out.

SpammySosa
06-07-2005, 12:39 AM
I heard they also have a Uribe jersey containing a knife in the back.The knife contains the intials "P.K." :redneck

Frater Perdurabo
06-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I heard they also have a Uribe jersey containing a knife in the back.The knife contains the intials "P.K." :redneck

:rolling:

RavenswoodFan
06-07-2005, 10:16 AM
The Target in the South Loop also has plenty of White Sox paraphenelia including the Konerko jersey you described. I've also noticed some White Sox merchandise FINALLY making it into Walgreens in the Loop and South Loop. About frickin' time.

Sweet! I noticed the extra stuff at both locations recently! A couple of months ago there was only Cubs crap at the Walgreens and one rack of Sox stuff and twice a many Cubs items at the Target!

I think I might head over to the Target and get the Paulie jersey!:)

kevingrt
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM

Winning brings a lot, and I love it!

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Got the same one at Sox fest for 10 bucks

robiwho
06-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I was at the Sports Authority in Broadview last week buying my son a new soccer ball and they had lots of cubs jerseys, but only one Sox jersey-- Ordonez! What is with that?:?:

SpammySosa
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I was at the Sports Authority in Broadview last week buying my son a new soccer ball and they had lots of cubs jerseys, but only one Sox jersey-- Ordonez! What is with that?:?:

Ordonez! Who is that?:cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Ordonez! Who is that?:cool:

what*

UofCSoxFan
06-07-2005, 01:01 PM

I notice about a month ago that Walgreens in Hyde Park finally had some sox stuff to go with their cub t-shirts and "believe" wristbands.....that's at 55th and Lake Park (20 blocks SOUTH of Comskey). Unbeleiveable it took anything for this to happen.

However, I noticed in one of our dining Halls a bunch of Cubs logo paper cups by one of the pop machines and nearly puked. Apparently for senior week the schoo buys like 300 Cubs tickets. CUBS TICKETS!!??? :angry: We are on the soutside. Brooks needs to fix this by next year cause I damn well don't want to go to a Cubs game.

seanpmurphy
06-07-2005, 01:29 PM
They had a fairly nice collection of Sox stuff, but man, there was a TON of Cubs stuff. Unbelievable. Some things never change.

Dude when all the Sox stuff sells and the cubs gear collects dust on the shelf, of course it looks lopsided :D:

The Target out in Bolingbrook has some nice Sox shirts, I got a nice looking one for 12 bucks last week. They had Garcia jersey t-shirts. I thought that was kind of random.

Also, I've been working at Kohl's in Woodridge all summer. Our Sox stuff has EASILY outsold the Cubs stuff which makes the Sox racks look bare compared to the cubs racks. So you can'talways go on appearances like I mentioned in the start. Our cubs racks are stil packed with everything. The Sox jerseys are gone I think and a lot of the t-shirts have been sold too. It's a great sight. :bandance:

soxGirl14
06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Its not just the adult jerseys either... its also the children's sizes as well. Since I can fit into a boys small/medium for tshirts...I save money and by my Sox shirts in that department...however, lately at Kohls and other stores they have been pretty much sold out in the kids department. But of course you could find any kids shirt and any size relating to the cubs...

ewokpelts
06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I notice about a month ago that Walgreens in Hyde Park finally had some sox stuff to go with their cub t-shirts and "believe" wristbands.....that's at 55th and Lake Park (20 blocks SOUTH of Comskey). Unbeleiveable it took anything for this to happen.

However, I noticed in one of our dining Halls a bunch of Cubs logo paper cups by one of the pop machines and nearly puked. Apparently for senior week the schoo buys like 300 Cubs tickets. CUBS TICKETS!!??? :angry: We are on the soutside. Brooks needs to fix this by next year cause I damn well don't want to go to a Cubs game.not everyone that goes to your school likes sports in general, and only "know" the popular team names....also, who knows, a board member might be a flubbie fan?
Gene

robiwho
06-07-2005, 03:23 PM
The Target out in Bolingbrook has some nice Sox shirts, I got a nice looking one for 12 bucks last week. They had Garcia jersey t-shirts. I thought that was kind of random.

My son looks pretty cute in the Garcia t-shirt I picked up at Target a few weeks ago.

chisoxfan64
06-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Also, I've been working at Kohl's in Woodridge all summer.

Last year I was buying a Sox shirt at the Woodridge Kohl`s, the young lady who waited on me said, "well even though your buying the wrong teams shirt I`ll take care of you." I said, Oh no, your a Cubs fan? She said yes so I went to another cashier. It was quite amusing. First she look stunned then laughed about it.

jake27
06-07-2005, 06:02 PM
the kohls here in lake zurich doesnt have any adult (i dont know abougt kids) white sox merchandise. they never have, just bears and flubs.

ChicagoHoosier
06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Also, I've been working at Kohl's in Woodridge all summer. Our Sox stuff has EASILY outsold the Cubs stuff which makes the Sox racks look bare compared to the cubs racks.

The new Kohls at Elston and Webster btwn Bucktown and Lincoln Park has only Cubs gear. This thread got me excited, only to be bitterly disappointed.

On a bright note, I did see one kid wearing a Sox hat today in my neighborhood. Unfortortunately there were many many more wearing Cubs gear.

gosox3072
06-10-2005, 12:32 AM
I've constantly comlained to management at the target i work for in wheaton, but we still carry no whitesox clothes.:angry:

Yet i did see sox hats in the store for the first time ever in the past 2 weeks.

seanpmurphy
06-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Also, I've been working at Kohl's in Woodridge all summer.

Last year I was buying a Sox shirt at the Woodridge Kohl`s, the young lady who waited on me said, "well even though your buying the wrong teams shirt I`ll take care of you." I said, Oh no, your a Cubs fan? She said yes so I went to another cashier. It was quite amusing. First she look stunned then laughed about it.

Haha. Awesome. Do you remember the name or a physical description?

gaelhound
06-10-2005, 01:53 AM
the kohls here in lake zurich doesnt have any adult (i dont know abougt kids) white sox merchandise. they never have, just bears and flubs.
I love the Blackhawk look, but as long as we outsell teams that do not actually exist there is a glimmer of sanity. I was out with my seven year old daughter a couple nights ago. An abused little boy, sporting his cub's shirt, was a couple tables away. In keeping with family tradition of confronting creeping cubitis, I had Katie invite the misguided tyke to read her shirt. It was so cute to watch the cluless father/son combo,lips moving of course, mouth the words "Sox Win, cubs lose, ANOTHER PERFECT DAY!"

Ron Karkovice
06-10-2005, 02:19 AM

haha that reminds me of today when i was at cherry valley mall in rockford... I walked into finishline with my gf looking to see if they had any cool SOX shirts... Of course once i get to the back I find what I should have expected to find. So, like always I went into my wild: "AWESOME!, look at all this CUBBIE stuff!! sweeet! go cubs! yessssss! Man this cubs stuff is soo fuggin important just amazing!" I always do stuff like that, you all should try it- its fun.

ewokpelts
06-11-2005, 01:58 PM
carsons on state street has a cub section 5 times bigge rthan the sox section(to be fair, teh sox section is as big as the cub section was...last year)

Gene

Brian26
06-11-2005, 02:14 PM
carsons on state street has a cub section 5 times bigge rthan the sox section(to be fair, teh sox section is as big as the cub section was...last year)

Gene

Seems to be the case everywhere.

Gene, you ever been to the little sportscard nook they've got up on the 7th floor there?

cwsox
06-11-2005, 04:39 PM

However, I noticed in one of our dining Halls a bunch of Cubs logo paper cups by one of the pop machines and nearly puked. Apparently for senior week the schoo buys like 300 Cubs tickets. CUBS TICKETS!!??? :angry: We are on the soutside. Brooks needs to fix this by next year cause I damn well don't want to go to a Cubs game.

this is not really relevant to this thread but last Sunday my grandson and I went to the Art Institute before the game, wearing Sox gear, and a lot of folks stopped us to talk Sox baseball, and a number of other people were wearing Sox stuff too and the kid took pictures of all them - it was great to be in Sox land in Chicago when not at USCF!

ewokpelts
06-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Seems to be the case everywhere.

Gene, you ever been to the little sportscard nook they've got up on the 7th floor there?
Yes. Ok Guy. Deals HEAVY in autos(prices a bit steep, but you are in downtown). I usually buy supplies(balls) when i get autos downtown(sox day 2 taste, special appearances).
Gene

Brian26
06-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Yes. Ok Guy. Deals HEAVY in autos(prices a bit steep, but you are in downtown). I usually buy supplies(balls) when i get autos downtown(sox day 2 taste, special appearances).
Gene

Yeah, he seems ok. I got a couple of bat tubes there around Soxfest for a nice price.

Brian26
06-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Gene

BTW, I stopped by Elite this morning and picked up my freebie Etopps card and some 9-pocket sheets. I don't know how he handles those Saturday morning Yu-Ji-Go parties. :D:

SoxFan928
06-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Got mine from Bolingbrook Target the other day. $30 is not bad at all, considering the product. At the store, some moron put Flubs shirts in front of all of the Sox stuff. I added some photos so you can see what it looks like.