PDA

View Full Version : New White Sox Blog authored by Scott Reifert

MRKARNO
06-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Yup, that Scott Reifert, White Sox VP of Communications. Here's the link:

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

MUScholar21
06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Recently, one columnist in Chicago -- a writer most of our fans know has a very personal bias against the organization -- criticized the club's new contract extension for Ozzie Guillen, saying we gave him a low-ball number.

Gee, who could he be talking about??? :D:

Nice beginning, I'm interested in following this. Thanks for the post.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Well this is a rather amusing spin on matters...

Myths

One of my hopes with this blog is to try and offer a different opinion on some of the myths we battle. Every organization has them, and we know Sox fans sometimes (often) grow frustrated with how their team is portrayed by the mass media, so my hope is that I can confront some of these head-on and you can decide for yourself.

Let me get this straight. Outside of NYC, public relations director Scott Reifert is the Sox organization's ultimate gatekeeper to the single-biggest community of baseball fans on the internet found anywhere in the major leagues. And how does Scott Reifert direct his staff to work with these fans?

Why he stonewalls them, of course. Not just now -- but for YEARS now.

Give me a ****ing break...

If Reifert has any beef with the Chicago media he can stare at himself square in the mirror for helping make it so.
He doesn't even utilize the assets he has at his disposal.
:kukoo:

Quick somebody write Brooks about this! At least one person in the Sox organization has a ****ing clue! It sure isn't Scott Reifert...

:gallas
"Yes, I taught Scott everything he knows for dealing with Sox Fans!"

Baby Fisk
06-06-2005, 04:33 PM
It's pretty slick, seems to be just an extension of the Sox official site. :dunno:

kevingrt
06-06-2005, 06:14 PM
It's pretty slick, seems to be just an extension of the Sox official site. :dunno:

Yeah, keeps up to date a little to on some stuff not mentioned on WhiteSox.com. But this place, WSI, covers it all, the BEST

Lip Man 1
06-06-2005, 06:53 PM
George:

Well said comment. Just like Daver's about the Piersall interview that Reifert doesn't consider WSI a 'legit' news site.

LOL

Lip

Daver
06-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Quick somebody write Brooks about this! At least one person in the Sox organization has a ****ing clue! It sure isn't Scott Reifert...

I hope he knows his blog is not considered mainstream media, and therefore he is not qualified for a press credential.

At least that is what he told me the last time I requested one.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-06-2005, 07:45 PM
I hope he knows his blog is not considered mainstream media, and therefore he is not qualified for a press credential.

At least that is what he told me the last time I requested one.

The guy is an absolute joke. He wants to set straight the "myths" about the Sox in the media?

He's going to do it on behalf of "frustrated Sox Fans?"
:roflmao:

What a contemptible piece of **** Scott Reifert reveals himself to be. He leaves the team's coverage wide open to be pissed on and denigrated by every knuckleheaded media dope to ever draw a paycheck in this town. It's been like this for YEARS! If it was up to Reifert the Chicago media would STILL be talking about how Sox Fans don't give a damn about their team -- just like it was back in 1998 when this website launched. He hasn't done ONE ****ING THING to change their perception... unless you count his department rolling out a complimentary deli plate in the pressroom to curry favor.

This website has been here for SIX-PLUS YEARS and Scott Reifert hasn't helped it out in any way, shape or form even one ****ing time.

WE'RE HERE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT "MYTHS" IN SPITE OF HIM, NOT BECAUSE OF HIM!!!!

And now he is going to take up the cause with a blog... Omigod the chutzpah... the guy has brass balls to match the ****ing rocks inside his head.

I hope this new blog is some sign that his internal position is threatened inside the organization. Maybe somebody upstairs finally realized what a counterproductive piece of **** they have running public relations at the Chicago White Sox and Reifert is just trying to make up for lost time? Over SIX YEARS worth of lost time!

Go ahead Scott, let's hear what you have to say in the "non-legitimate media"... you ****ing jerk.

"Being an idiot towards Sox Fans has its occupational hazards!"

Daver
06-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Go ahead Scott, let's hear what you have to say in the "non-legitimate media"... you ****ing jerk.

Don't worry, he'll give the line about how he is following MLB policy on what constitutes legitimate media, even though independent websites of other teams have been granted press credentials by the teams for home games.

RedPinStripes
06-06-2005, 09:14 PM
The guy is an absolute joke. He wants to set straight the "myths" about the Sox in the media?

He's going to do it on behalf of "frustrated Sox Fans?"
:roflmao:

What a contemptible piece of **** Scott Reifert reveals himself to be. He leaves the team's coverage wide open to be pissed on and denigrated by every knuckleheaded media dope to ever draw a paycheck in this town. It's been like this for YEARS! If it was up to Reifert the Chicago media would STILL be talking about how Sox Fans don't give a damn about their team -- just like it was back in 1998 when this website launched. He hasn't done ONE ****ING THING to change their perception... unless you count his department rolling out a complimentary deli plate in the pressroom to curry favor.

This website has been here for SIX-PLUS YEARS and Scott Reifert hasn't helped it out in any way, shape or form even one ****ing time.

WE'RE HERE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT "MYTHS" IN SPITE OF HIM, NOT BECAUSE OF HIM!!!!

And now he is going to take up the cause with a blog... Omigod the chutzpah... the guy has brass balls to match the ****ing rocks inside his head.

I hope this new blog is some sign that his internal position is threatened inside the organization. Maybe somebody upstairs finally realized what a counterproductive piece of **** they have running public relations at the Chicago White Sox and Reifert is just trying to make up for lost time? Over SIX YEARS worth of lost time!

"Being an idiot towards Sox Fans has its occupational hazards!"

Ohhhhh!!! This subject hit a sore spot! I like it! :bandance: That's a great rant. :thumbsup:

SluggersAway
06-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Oh great! And one of his links is to "Blog by an English Chicago Cubs Fan," now that should come in real handy!

Scott, you really know Sox fans.

DaleJRFan
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
If Reifert has any beef with the Chicago media he can stare at himself square in the mirror for helping make it so.

He doesn't even utilize the assets he has at his disposal.

At least one person in the Sox organization has a ****ing clue! It sure isn't Scott Reifert...

Shazammm... :redneck

Lip Man 1
06-07-2005, 12:10 AM
George:

How about an editorial for next week?

Lip