PDA

View Full Version : Sox ranked 13th

Vsahajpal
11-13-2001, 07:18 PM
in Baseball America's 2001 Organizational Rankings:

13. Chicago White Sox
Majors: .512 (14). Minors: .495 (16).

Good news: Continued to produce more pitching talent, highlighted by ascent of Dan Wright and Corwin Malone; Mark Buehrle emerged as one of the best pitchers in the AL; major league team played well after getting off to a terrible start; Matt Guerrier led the minor leagues with 18 wins between Double-A and Triple-A.

Bad news: Couldn't build on last season's division title; David Wells was an unmitigated failure; Frank Thomas missed most of the year and eight pitchers had season-ending injuries; defending Minor League Player of the Year Jon Rauch also missed most of the season; new GM Ken Williams asked for the wrong player in a trade with the Dodgers; attendance fell to 26th in the major leagues

Spiff
11-13-2001, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
in Baseball America's 2001 Organizational Rankings:

13. Chicago White Sox
Majors: .512 (14). Minors: .495 (16).

Good news: Continued to produce more pitching talent, highlighted by ascent of Dan Wright and Corwin Malone; Mark Buehrle emerged as one of the best pitchers in the AL; major league team played well after getting off to a terrible start; Matt Guerrier led the minor leagues with 18 wins between Double-A and Triple-A.

Bad news: Couldn't build on last season's division title; David Wells was an unmitigated failure; Frank Thomas missed most of the year and eight pitchers had season-ending injuries; defending Minor League Player of the Year Jon Rauch also missed most of the season; new GM Ken Williams asked for the wrong player in a trade with the Dodgers; attendance fell to 26th in the major leagues

Weren't they like 1st or 2nd last year?

Jerry_Manuel
11-13-2001, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Weren't they like 1st or 2nd last year?

Baseball America voted the minor leagues 1st. But it was another publication who named the Sox first organization wise.

kermittheefrog
11-13-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Baseball America voted the minor leagues 1st. But it was another publication who named the Sox first organization wise.

No, the Sox were BA's Organization of the Year last year. I still have that issue somewhere in my room.

Jerry_Manuel
11-13-2001, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
No, the Sox were BA's Organization of the Year last year. I still have that issue somewhere in my room.

I guess he showed me. Thanks for correcting me.