PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Draft

G-Ville Sox
06-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I was reading on the Chicago Sports.com about somethings the White Sox were looking at in this weeks draft. Dont know if anyone around Chicago has any more info. but they mentioned a pitcher from U of Miami, Ceasar Carrillo. This guy is a stud, he graduated from Mt. Carmel in Chicago. He throws about 95-97 with an amazing hook. I watched him throw this season against Florida, and for 7 innings he held the best offense in the SEC to only 2 runs. Last season in the Super Regionals against Florida he pitched a complete game 5 hitter. Bottom Line is he is quality and if we can get him at 15 it would be phenominal. He is also a White Sox fan, which would be even better.

:gulp:

Randar68
06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I was reading on the Chicago Sports.com about somethings the White Sox were looking at in this weeks draft. Dont know if anyone around Chicago has any more info. but they mentioned a pitcher from U of Miami, Ceasar Carrillo. This guy is a stud, he graduated from Mt. Carmel in Chicago. He throws about 95-97 with an amazing hook. I watched him throw this season against Florida, and for 7 innings he held the best offense in the SEC to only 2 runs. Last season in the Super Regionals against Florida he pitched a complete game 5 hitter. Bottom Line is he is quality and if we can get him at 15 it would be phenominal. He is also a White Sox fan, which would be even better.

:gulp:

He typically works a 91-92 mph fastball. The concern is that he's already peaked, does not project all that well (6'2" 165 pounds). He is projected to go a little later in the first round...

Maybe we need a sticky at the top to keep the draft talk in the Minor League forum? I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of newly started draft threads in the next week.

Rocky Soprano
06-06-2005, 01:39 PM
There is an article about him and some other pitcher in today's Sun Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-base06.html

tacosalbarojas
06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
BA also says that we're looking hard at a former DeLaSalle lefty, Brian Bogusevic. Like Wes Whistler before him, Bogusevic is a two-way player who had 10 HR's at Tulane last year. I think Tulane is still alive in the NCAA playoffs.