PDA

View Full Version : D.J. is a jinx!!!!!!!

whitesoxwin
06-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Darrin Jackson is a jinx.
Simply put: Everytime a visiting player comes up, he starts spouting off about how "This guy kills us" or "He's hitting 5 out of 9 (or something) against one of our pitchers".....
He can not keep his mouth shut.
Something appears to always happen when he opens his trap!
I'm sorry...nothing against the guy personally..but DO NOT BUILD UP THE OTHER TEAM!!
I have been switching over to the radio for audio the last few games because of this.
Another thing: Why does Darrin keep talking about how good a ball player he was?
Well this is my thoughts....
Any others??
Thanks and "LET'S GO SOX"!!!!!

Palehose13
06-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Ummm...could be he is just stating the obvious about the other team. Do you really think what he says during a broadcast has any effect on the game?

bluestar
06-06-2005, 09:24 AM
I have been switching over to the radio for audio the last few games because of this.

So, if you don't hear DJ say anything, does that negate the "jinx"?

The idea that anything any broadcaster says during a game broadcast has any effect on the outcome of the game is absolutely absurd.:rolleyes:

tschneid83
06-06-2005, 09:30 AM
i agree it is absurd but it always seems to happen. I think i may try and put together a list of the times he opens his mouth and the outcome. Not that i think it will change anything but just curious. I just keep finding myself yelling at the TV for DJ to keep his mouth shut and to some degree i do believe it matters. Like i know i cant leave the TV when the sox are batting (guaranteed 3 up 3 down). Also i either have to watch the entire game or no game at all. If i just watch a couple of innings or something we lose. I am maybe a little to superstitious but thats the way it goes.

Paulwny
06-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Mel Allen hyped opposing teams and players all his years in broadcasting. This way no team is a push-over and it keeps fan interest in listening to the broadcast. Beating that team then gives an appearance that your team is that much better.

samram
06-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Ummm...could be he is just stating the obvious about the other team. Do you really think what he says during a broadcast has any effect on the game?

No.

jdm2662
06-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I said before the game the Sox always seem to have problems with CC Sabathia. Did I jinx them, too? Or, does his 8-2 lifetime record have something to do with it?
________
Cheap Rounds 0 12G Polished Perfect Grade (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/rounds-0-12g-polished-perfect-grade/)

tschneid83
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
nothing anyone says or does matters its all how superstitious you are. does stepping on the line when coming off the field matter ?? not sure but you wont see to many people doing it. Do lucky hats, socks, bats, etc exist, not sure but people claim they have one. that is just how baseball is. Some people are bothered when things are said and others could care less. Just depends on how superstitious you are and since i cant be playing on the field i have to be superstitious somehow.

buehrle4cy05
06-06-2005, 09:52 PM
DJ is just doing his job. Leave him alone. Now, if you want to criticize "UH OH....UH OH....BYE BYE" I have no problem with that.

ShoelessJoeS
06-06-2005, 09:59 PM
yea DJ needs to go, bring chip back to chicago!

soxwon
06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Darrin Jackson is a jinx.
Simply put: Everytime a visiting player comes up, he starts spouting off about how "This guy kills us" or "He's hitting 5 out of 9 (or something) against one of our pitchers".....
He can not keep his mouth shut.
Something appears to always happen when he opens his trap!
I'm sorry...nothing against the guy personally..but DO NOT BUILD UP THE OTHER TEAM!!
Another thing: Why does Darrin keep talking about how good a ball player he was?
Well this is my thoughts....
Any others??
Thanks and "LET'S GO SOX"!!!!!

Doesnt it occur to you, he is simply stating a fact.
and thus the hitter, does what DJ just stated.
only proving they are sox killers.

now if he said, this guy hasnt done anything against us, then the hitter does something big- thats a jinx(if there is such a thing).