PDA

View Full Version : Mets 1B and random trade thoughts.

balke
06-05-2005, 11:16 PM
This could be moved to what's the score maybe, but I just keep thinking about how horrible mientkewicz or however you spell it sucks for the Mets. They have a great squad, and what seems to be a willingness to spend. We saw Krause at the Sox/Royals game, and someone mentioned he's now a scout for the MEts. The Royals obviously have a few other players the Mets could use, like Greinke, Gotay, or Sisco. I just have a feeling they want to address 1B more than anything.

Think Sweeney will be in NY? I also heard the Orioles are interested in Sweeney. What other teams do you think need to make a trade for a specific position (minus White Sox)?

I think the A's will try to further address young pitching before they work on grabbing hitters. I also think either Victor Diaz, or another Mets outfielder will be moved since they have quite a surplus of them in Beltran/Cameron/Floyd/Diaz/Anderson/Woodward.

Do the Pirates get robbed again? Does Seattle ask them for some pitching? Maybe this thread is too broad, but I'm just getting a little curious looking at teams around the league.

elrod
06-05-2005, 11:40 PM
If the Mets get Mike Sweeney they will win the NL East, period. They may very well win the pennant. Just look at their lineup this year. 1B is the only position struggling (though the backup 2B Cairo is doing better than Matsui). If you add Sisco and the Mets give up Matsui, Mientkiewicz and, say, Yusmeiro Petit (a top pitching prospect) then, whoa. The Royals really are that stupid.

samram
06-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, I think Texas will be looking for at least a starting pitcher, as well as bullpen help.

My Dodgers will be looking for offensive help, as always. Choi is hardly tearing it up at first, which could make them another player if there's a Sweeney-sweepstakes. They may also need another starting pitcher since Lowe and Weaver refuse to be consistent.

The Angels are another team that could be in the Sweeney race, especially if MacPherson doesn't show more improvement. If they added him, with Vlad coming back healthy, that could be the best team in baseball.

Jjav829
06-06-2005, 12:47 AM
This could be moved to what's the score maybe, but I just keep thinking about how horrible mientkewicz or however you spell it sucks for the Mets. They have a great squad, and what seems to be a willingness to spend. We saw Krause at the Sox/Royals game, and someone mentioned he's now a scout for the MEts. The Royals obviously have a few other players the Mets could use, like Greinke, Gotay, or Sisco. I just have a feeling they want to address 1B more than anything.

Think Sweeney will be in NY? I also heard the Orioles are interested in Sweeney. What other teams do you think need to make a trade for a specific position (minus White Sox)?

I think the A's will try to further address young pitching before they work on grabbing hitters. I also think either Victor Diaz, or another Mets outfielder will be moved since they have quite a surplus of them in Beltran/Cameron/Floyd/Diaz/Anderson/Woodward.

Do the Pirates get robbed again? Does Seattle ask them for some pitching? Maybe this thread is too broad, but I'm just getting a little curious looking at teams around the league.

The Royals aren't trading Greinke or Sisco. I'm fairly certain that Sweeney will be moved, though I don't think he will go to the Mets. I would guess that Sweeney ends up with the Angels. The Orioles seem to want to add a first baseman, but they should be after starting pitching rather than hitting.

I would guess that Cameron gets moved. The Padres have been looking at him. Seattle will be sellers, not buyers. They need pitching, but I doubt they will address that until the offseason. The Mariners need to kick Adrian Beltre in the ass and tell him to start going the other way like he did last year. :angry:

balke
06-06-2005, 02:31 AM
What's up with the Padres? They already have Klesko, Giles, Nady and Roberts. I think they need another Starter or a replacement for Loretta while injured.

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Maybe the Sox can trade Konerko for Cameron.....:redneck

Huisj
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Maybe the Sox can trade Konerko for Cameron.....:redneck

the change of scenery worked for both of them once

nitetrain8601
06-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Sweeney will be going to LAA if anything. I heard they are already working up a deal and that LAA is showcasing Kotchman for the Royals.

MattSharp
06-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I agree Sweeney is as good as gone, but there are a lot of teams who are interested.

You talked about the A's, I think Barry Zito is also good as gone. He has struggled but a change of scenery could help and he could still help a team down the stretch.

The Dodgers are a player or two away, and have suffered so many injuries they would have to try and make a move or two.

Heres a better list of sellers and buyers:

Sellers
Tampa - Will try to unload at least Aubrey Huff and Danys Baez
KC - Sweeney and whoever else anyone will take
Seattle - Although they don't have a lot to offer
Cincinnati - Ready for another try and rebuilding? Should move an OF for some young pitching.
San Fran - Should dump some of their veterans ASAP.

Buyers
Baltimore - So need pitching help.
Chi Sox - Need another arm in the bullpen
Texas - Like Baltimore, plenty of bats, no pitching
The entire NL East - Everyone here needs something
San Diego - Need another something

Hagan
06-09-2005, 03:41 PM
add sox want a 3rd baseman to that list and hopefully we could get steady joe randa to fill that hole.