PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Taxed heading into Coors

White Sox Josh
06-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Bullpen Taxed (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050605&content_id=1077544&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

It's good to know that Shingo and Vizcaino are well rested. I have a feeling everybody in the pen will be used at least once at Coors.

PAPChiSox729
06-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Bullpen Taxed (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050605&content_id=1077544&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

It's good to know that Shingo and Vizcaino are well rested. I have a feeling everybody in the pen will be used at least once at Coors.

Well, like the article mentioned, though Freddy didn't acknowledge it, there will probably be a little longer of a rope for our starters in this series. Our relievers, except Shingo, have been used a lot lately. Hopefully Freddy will give the bullpen a day off tommorrow because they could really use one.

1,000!! :bandance:

White Sox Josh
06-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, like the article mentioned, though Freddy didn't acknowledge it, there will probably be a little longer of a rope for our starters in this series. Our relievers, except Shingo, have been used a lot lately. Hopefully Freddy will give the bullpen a day off tommorrow because they could really use one.

1,000!! :bandance:If there's a pitcher that's throwing in the series that's gonna do that, than it's Freddy! Jose and El Duque usually go 6-7 innings and they will probably go less at Coors.

Huisj
06-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Takatsu and Hernandez scare me when I think of them in Colorado. Hopefully they'll prove my fears wrong. Vizcaino scares me some too, although maybe that's because he does everywhere else anyway. This could be a real interesting series.

ShoelessJoeS
06-06-2005, 12:41 AM
This could be a real interesting series.
hopefully its just what the doctor orders for our hitters (that means you too crede)

Rocklive99
06-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Well, Contreras did beat the Rockies last year, going 7 ip, 5 hits, 4 runs (earned), 2 walks, 6 ks, and 3 HRs given up, but this of course was at Yankee Stadium, which scares me a little, but maybe he was still tippin his pitches back then. He has been great lately, throwing strikes and working quicker.

The one who scares me is Duque, with the way he works slow and puts on baserunners, I always get scared of the other team turning it into a big inning, which he has been a little lucky with this year, but that changes at Coors.

I guess the flip side to look at it is to not think of Coors as anything different, and remember that the Cell had bigger than Coor numbers last year. And on the flip side again, lookin forward for Frank to get an at bat or 2 in and crush one! :gulp:

EDIT: After looking at their home stats on ESPN.com, the BA's are way up (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/batting?team=col&season=2005&split=33&seasonType=2&type=reg)but their home pitching stats are even worse (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/pitching?team=col&cat=thirdInnings&season=2005&split=0&seasonType=2&type=std) . We face Kennedy tomorow, who has issues with righties, and has the 6.5 ERA at home. Then, the hitters gotta be happy when they see ByungHum Kim (sp?) on the mound, (third day pitcher is TBA). Their decent pitcher, Chacon, is out and replaced by Kim. So I like our matchups, and evem though they will have charges and make it close (they still are a ML team after all), we shouldn't have a problem here.

bluestar
06-06-2005, 06:38 AM
If we gain a split on this road trip, I will be happy. If we win four of the six, I would be delighted. If we do even better, I will be elated.

The Rockies have won four in a row, and they seem to be a much better team at home. It should be interesting to see how our guys handle the higher elevation. I think we definitely need our offense to be productive in this series to offset the higher ERAs expected from the pitchers.

Viva Medias B's
06-06-2005, 06:44 AM
We face Kennedy tomorow, who has issues with righties, and has the 6.5 ERA at home.

Knowing us, however, we'd be the team that makes Kennedy look like Roger Clemens.

Hangar18
06-06-2005, 07:13 AM
I hate to say this, I like Ozzie............but WHAT A POORLY MANAGED GAME YESTERDAY. Got his bullpen nice and tired. Konerko goes O for Forever,
gets a lucky hit in the 8th and what does Ozz do? Pinch runner .....Podsednik?
Nope. Idiot. OZZ lost us the game that inning

Iguana775
06-06-2005, 07:17 AM
I hate to say this, I like Ozzie............but WHAT A POORLY MANAGED GAME YESTERDAY. Got his bullpen nice and tired. Konerko goes O for Forever,

You're talking about Sunday? Paulie was 1/6. not 0-fer.

infohawk
06-06-2005, 08:28 AM

We might as well blame Frank for hitting the game-tying homer in the tenth. If he had just made an out, the Sox would have lost (which they did anyway) but the bullpen would have been rested.

Sxy Mofo
06-06-2005, 09:09 AM
guarantee these next three days will be the slowest work days ever for me.

ondafarm
06-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Takatsu and Hernandez scare me when I think of them in Colorado. Hopefully they'll prove my fears wrong. Vizcaino scares me some too, although maybe that's because he does everywhere else anyway. This could be a real interesting series.

Takatsu is actually just what the doctor ordered for Coors Field. Throwing the ball as slowly as he does means the hitter has to provide all the power, plus when well-rested (and who is better rested?) he keeps the ball down well.

kevingrt
06-06-2005, 10:41 AM

Yeah, the two most unreliable relievers on are team are ready for the best hitters park in the majors. This should be three fun as hell games!

Huisj
06-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Takatsu is actually just what the doctor ordered for Coors Field. Throwing the ball as slowly as he does means the hitter has to provide all the power, plus when well-rested (and who is better rested?) he keeps the ball down well.

except that the frisbee sliders and stuff he throws will look more like slow pitch softball lobs, because they aren't going to break too much. I don't think major league hitters will have too much trouble supplying power to hit a homer in Denver just because it's a change up.

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2005, 01:17 PM
except that the frisbee sliders and stuff he throws will look more like slow pitch softball lobs, because they aren't going to break too much. I don't think major league hitters will have too much trouble supplying power to hit a homer in Denver just because it's a change up.

But with less air pressure, won't his "frisbee" be more likely to float straight over the plate into, say, Todd Helton's wheelhouse?

DaleJRFan
06-06-2005, 03:36 PM
You guys are nutty. The Rockies could play in a little league park and still stink. They have two good hitters. Gimme a break.

I'm predicting a no-no for Freddy tonight.

White Sox Josh
06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
But with less air pressure, won't his "frisbee" be more likely to float straight over the plate into, say, Todd Helton's wheelhouse?no, plus i believe Shingo has a sinker. Hermy has a 3.60 ERA at Coors during the last 3 years. Vizcaino has 6.35 ERA at Coors over the last 3 years.

white sox bill
06-06-2005, 04:21 PM

Thats what I'm worried about....