PDA

View Full Version : Calm Down.....

CubsSuckSoBad
06-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Crying.....

After EVERY loss, there is a complaint regarding some ish....

The complaints that come up a good portion of the time aren't even good ones....

Yes, Uribe swings at everything white coming at him...he would swing at the moon if he was an astronaut....

Crede jags at times...Konerko jags at times...remember this is baseball people....getting a hit 30% of the time is considered great hitting....any other sport in which success only happens 30% of the time for an individual, that individual is definitely not considered great....

We beat the indians the two previous games and went deep into this one...we fought through it and we lost...thats why baseball is played everyday...losing is ALRIGHT every now and then....wow

Someone said "We're only 3.5 up on the twins"....:whiner: ....give me a break

The twins are a half game back of baltimore as of 8:30 eastern for second place in the entire league...Whats wrong with being in a race with a team that good?

We have the best record in baseball 56 games through the season...in BASEBALL...not just the division, but BASEBALL relax....

Go have a drink:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Is this the non-Prozac postgame thread?

Tekk
06-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Even if the Sox went 162-0, someone would still complain if Konerko missed out on a chance to drive in some runs in the 4th inning of a 9-2 game.

Thats just the way things are

infohawk
06-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Well said. If anyone before the season began were to predict that the Sox would win two out of every three games with some consistency, but some people would complain that they weren't sweeping more teams, most people would have said, "Hey, are you kidding? I'll take winning two out of almost every three games any season!"

We as fans are somewhat spoiled by the team's success. It's going to be difficult to push too far over .500. What has essentially happened is that the Sox have been fluctuating between 16 and 19 games over .500. They can't quite get to 20 games over. When you're winning as much as the Sox are, it gets hard to improve on. Not that is can't or won't be done, but it is difficult to just blow by that "20 games over" mark. I could see us getting to say, 25 games over, and having people complain if the Sox then started playing .500 ball for awhile.

If both the Sox and Twins continue winning the way they have been, both teams will be in the playoffs.

alohafri
06-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Even if the Sox went 162-0, someone would still complain if Konerko missed out on a chance to drive in some runs in the 4th inning of a 9-2 game.

I don't like when the manager practically gives away the third game of a three game series after taking the first two. Go for the jugular Ozzie! Is it necessary to rest both Crede and Podsednik in the same game? Is it necessary to rest Konerko the day before a day off?

Infallible
06-05-2005, 09:23 PM

Yeah but Paulie sucks....next complaint please.

elrod
06-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't like when the manager practically gives away the third game of a three game series after taking the first two. Go for the jugular Ozzie! Is it necessary to rest both Crede and Podsednik in the same game? Is it necessary to rest Konerko the day before a day off?

Resting Pods made perfect sense against the lefty. And good chance to give Carl some playing time in LF. It was nice to see a lineup with Carl AND Frank in it, actually. As for Crede, come on. He NEEDED a break. Ozuna is perfect for a fill-in start.

Johnny Mostil
06-05-2005, 09:52 PM

Is it just my perception that the post-loss threads are much longer than the post-win threads? I know that's been true the past week, but don't know if it's always so (and guess somebody has figured it out before now).

ode to veeck
06-05-2005, 10:02 PM

LOL!

We could split the post game threads into the "Needs a Prozac IV drip" thread and the "good game, they died with their boots on, banana's still dancing" thread

SoxFan76
06-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah but Paulie sucks....next complaint please.

He leads the best team in baseball in RBI, BB, and HR. He has his faults, but that's kind of a stupid statement.

NWSox
06-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Given the lack of any true all-stars among position players and the rotating PTCs, the only way anyone can criticize Ozzie's lineups is after the fact. His lineups have been responsible for a lot more wins than losses this year. Over a 162 game schedule, Ozzie has to rest players and get playing time for reserves. To say after a loss, "why did he have to rest..." is the easiest, but most baseless criticism. No one has a BA or OBP that makes them untouchable (Pods and Iguchi come close) and everyone has glaring deficiencies in some part of their game. So Uribe swings at balls in the dirt - how many runs do we lose because someone else is at short. There's no right answer.

I simply add each game, win or loss, to my aggregate assessment of the year, and I have no complaints with Ozzie's 56 game record. This is going to be one of the best seasons of my lifetime, and I'm enjoying the ride.

ShoelessJoeS
06-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Resting Pods made perfect sense against the lefty. And good chance to give Carl some playing time in LF. It was nice to see a lineup with Carl AND Frank in it, actually. As for Crede, come on. He NEEDED a break. Ozuna is perfect for a fill-in start.
i agree, i think ozuna should get more playing time at third...then we wouldnt have to trade for chavez

Mark'sBrokenFoot
06-06-2005, 06:06 AM
I think a lot of the criticisms are harmless and hardly of the sky is falling variety. I've been lurking around here for quite some time and I've seen people overreact in both directions. Some people have a real negative view of the team, but just as many people seem to think the team is beyone criticism. They both are equally annoying and the post game threads would really improve if we didn't have whiners whining about the whiners whining.

tschneid83
06-06-2005, 08:50 AM
I have not been a member to long but have quickly learned not to read the post game thread. I just got done watching the game most likely. I have my opinions and will keep them to myself. I am not out there seeing the plays, knowing of problems, etc. I just let ozzie do his job and try not to complain about the game on here although that is hard to do being a fan of the sox. We like to point out the bad, and are new to this we are good thing, at least for the last couple of years. We are already so close to only having to play .500 ball to get 100 wins and people still complain. Not that playing .500 ball from this point on is acceptable but....... Love the site but the complaining needs to stop.

D. TODD
06-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I have not been a member to long but have quickly learned not to read the post game thread. I just got done watching the game most likely. I have my opinions and will keep them to myself. I am not out there seeing the plays, knowing of problems, etc. I just let ozzie do his job and try not to complain about the game on here although that is hard to do being a fan of the sox. We like to point out the bad, and are new to this we are good thing, at least for the last couple of years. We are already so close to only having to play .500 ball to get 100 wins and people still complain. Not that playing .500 ball from this point on is acceptable but....... Love the site but the complaining needs to stop. I agree , I stay away from the post game threads now as well! Nothing really productive and some super sensitive people after a tough loss especially. I will stick with you on the regular topics and avoid the post game emotions.

MUScholar21
06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
It's not bad to want your team to win every game, and I don't think we need to ever just accept losing. However, if you listen to the calls made to Dalgin on the post game after losses, you would think we were one of the worst teams in baseball. Trade for this guy, call up this one, get rid of this guy. It's out of control. How happy were we all after the first four series when we took 2 out of every 3? We all need to go back to that, before we turn into this. (http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/forum?start=0&forumID=427&byThread=true) Nobody likes those people, so why should we become them?

cubhater
06-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Someone said "We're only 3.5 up on the twins"....:whiner: ....give me a break

I'd love to bury the Twinks as much as the next guy, but I want pressure on us for the rest of the season, not a cakewalk. Look at what happend at playoff time in '83 and '00 when we cruised along. I dont' want us overconfident.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I'd love to bury the Twinks as much as the next guy, but I want pressure on us for the rest of the season, not a cakewalk. Look at what happend at playoff time in '83 and '00 when we cruised along. I dont' want us overconfident.

Well put. But again, as noted previously, if the Sox held a double digit lead, they're be complaints as to why it's not BIGGER. For anyone to presume the Twins would roll over and die, they deserve their own stress. I think that knowing you're in a dogfight with the Twins makes you more focused.

I also do not read (or post) to post game threads - too much emotion despite a W or L.