PDA

View Full Version : What sox on the allstars?

soxwon
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Who do you see as making the all stars game from us?

my picks Buehrle-Hermanson-garland
possibly iguchi

gosox41
06-05-2005, 05:23 PM

possibly iguchi

I'd agree with those 4. Offensively, the only other hitter that deserves consideration is Podsednik. If AJ gets his average up to the .280-.290 range, I can see him given consideration.

Bob

PAPChiSox729
06-05-2005, 07:06 PM

possibly iguchi

Buehrle should pretty much be in. Garland should be in too. Hermanson has hit a rough spot, but he'll probably get in. I don't see any hitters, unless Frank goes on an absolute tear.

MattSharp
06-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Garland is a lock.

I am pretty sure Soriano is leading the votes at 2B, and Brian Roberts is a lock there as well so Iguchi needs to finish strong to have a shot.

Pods has a lot of SBs but nothing else about his stats are spectacular. There are a lot of good OFs in the AL and without taking voting into account I would say Suzuki, Damon, Sheffield for sure. And then you have to consider a team that will get an OF as their only player.

Buerhle is probably a lock as well.

Since the Sox suffer by not having anyone voted in, they have the best record in baseball, and have such good pitching I am sure that they will get at least 3 pitchers on the team, Garland, Buerhle, possibly another starter and possible a reliever.

balke
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
As odd as it sounds, El Duque and Dye might make it if El Duque keeps winning, and Dye can get up to like 15 Hr's, and raise his avg. to .260-.270 in that time. He's been making up for lost stats lately.

gobears1987
06-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Pods may have a shot.

chaerulez
06-08-2005, 09:29 AM
The Sox could have a OF sneak in, because after Manny, Ichrio, Vlad, Sheff, and Damon everyone else is has average stats... Dye or Podsednik certainly would get considerations (Dye would need to raise his average to around .280). It is hard to say if the AL would take 3 second basemen, if they do the third should be Iguchi.

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2005, 10:33 AM
it would be a damn shame if politte didnt make it...in 21.1 IP...2-0, 1.69 ERA, 4 runs allowed on 11 hits with 26 Ks and only 6 walks. nuff said

CHISOXFAN13
06-08-2005, 10:48 AM
it would be a damn shame if politte didnt make it...in 21.1 IP...2-0, 1.69 ERA, 4 runs allowed on 11 hits with 26 Ks and only 6 walks. nuff said

Cliff has been amazing, but when you look solely at the numbers, there are a few middle relievers, two of which are in the AL Central, who are having stronger seasons.

Arthur Rhodes—25.1 IP, 3-1, 1.07 ERA, 18 hits with 21 K's and 3 walks.

Jesse Crain—23.2 IP, 5-0, 0.76 ERA, 13 hits with 11 K's and 6 walks.

Politte has done a tremendous job of stranding inherited runners, but I don't think that will be good enough.

DaleJRFan
06-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Garland and Buehrle are a lock.

If anyone from the offense gets the nod, I'd wager on Rowand. By the time the players vote and the managers make reserve selections, Aaron's numbers will be back to 2004 form. He is tearing the cover off of the ball (all of his offensive stats are moving up considerably) and has been making highlight-reel catches in CF. Remember how Loaiza made the team in 2004, based on his 2003 performance. Rowand created a buzz in 2004 with his offensive prowess (didn't he lead almost ALL offensive categories for centerfielders??) and has created a reputation for himself defensively.

According to Harold Reynolds, Konerko will be in Detroit at the break, too.

gf2020
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
I am preparing myself to be disapointed. Francona is going to load his roster with Red Sox, which is his right. I bet anything that Foulke makes it despite his high ERA.

I say we'll get two starting pitchers and that's it. Konerko, Pods or Iguchi will probably be in the last man on the roster voting, which they will lose because a Red Sox or Yankee will be in there too and get all the votes.

balke
06-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Garland and Buehrle are a lock.

If anyone from the offense gets the nod, I'd wager on Rowand. By the time the players vote and the managers make reserve selections, Aaron's numbers will be back to 2004 form. He is tearing the cover off of the ball (all of his offensive stats are moving up considerably) and has been making highlight-reel catches in CF. Remember how Loaiza made the team in 2004, based on his 2003 performance. Rowand created a buzz in 2004 with his offensive prowess (didn't he lead almost ALL offensive categories for centerfielders??) and has created a reputation for himself defensively.

According to Harold Reynolds, Konerko will be in Detroit at the break, too.

He's gotta keep his hitting streak going for something like that to happen. He was not very impressing until the past couple weeks. Of course I said Jermaine, who's still not all that impressing, but still. Rowand has no sexy HR's, RBI's, and the runs aren't that high. Hopefully he just keeps hitting though, and boosts his RBI's doubles and Runs.

DaleJRFan
06-08-2005, 01:45 PM
He's gotta keep his hitting streak going for something like that to happen. He was not very impressing until the past couple weeks. Of course I said Jermaine, who's still not all that impressing, but still. Rowand has no sexy HR's, RBI's, and the runs aren't that high. Hopefully he just keeps hitting though, and boosts his RBI's doubles and Runs.

Like I said... I think he'll keep it up. I'd bet he'll be 310/8/45 (with mega SLG%) by the break.

CHISOXFAN13
06-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I am preparing myself to be disapointed. Francona is going to lead his roster with Red Sox, which is his right. I bet anything that Foulke makes it despite his high ERA.

I say we'll get two starting pitchers and that's it. Konerko, Pods or Iguchi will probably be in the last man on the roster voting, which they will lose because a Red Sox or Yankee will be in there too and get all the votes.

There's no way Foulke gets selected with an ERA of 6. The Red Sox will be the opposite of the White Sox in terms of being position player heavy in the ASG. Ramirez, Damon and Ortiz are virutal locks. The only viable option from the Boston staff is Clement.

Mendoza Line
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I'd be happy with 3 White Sox players on the All-Star team. That's pretty good recognition. I just don't want to see last year's absurd amount of sub-500 Indians players (5 was it?) on the All-Star team..

Ol' No. 2
06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Most of the Sox hitters had such awful springs that they'd have to go on an absolute tear to get their numbers up to where they'd have to be considered. Podsednik and Iguchi are the only exceptions, but I think they're longshots. Buehrle and Garland are about as close to locks as they can be. Hermanson has a good chance. You'd think the team with the best record in MLB would rate more than 3:o:, but the Sox have never gotten any respect, so why would they start now?